Should I call the hotline...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

tiredofdepotdrama in atlanta, Georgia

60 months ago

I have brought this to other management's attention, but have seen it happen a couple times since.
Over the past couple months, a fairly new associate was promoted to DH. Before he was promoted, it was common knowledge that he was sleeping with a DH in the store. He moved in with this DH and then he got promoted to DH of the same dept as the woman he is sleeping with (we have dh for outdoor garden and indoor, she was indoor) It is known throughout the store these two are sleeping together, they both left their significant others for each other. When these 2 do overnights, they are the only 2 dh on duty and they are seen taking merchanidse out the back doors. Convient that 2 dh's that live together are doing overnights and "moving" merchandise out through the back after hours on the forklift??
Also the new guy that just got promotoed to DH has been seen on his lunch break and before his scheduled shift at the bar across the street drinking. Then he comes to work and operates a forklift? Managment loves this guy for some reason even though he cusses at us-his assosciates.

Does anyone else think I should call the hotline see if they will investigate or just leave it alone and let them have it???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

tiredofdepotdrama in atlanta, Georgia

60 months ago

llama in you only want to know, American Samoa said: Welcome to Depot land, Your hard work will never be paid off. Don't even bother calling the aware line, all that they do is record your conversation and play back to your SM. In the long run you will be out with out a job. Yes, its against SOP. I would document everything, and write emails to district, or even higher up on the ladder.

I can't do it anonymously? That's what they say you can do. Thats bs. I shouldn't lose my job bc someone else is doing shady stuff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

llama in you only want to know, American Samoa

60 months ago

tiredofdepotdrama in atlanta, Georgia said: I can't do it anonymously? That's what they say you can do. Thats bs. I shouldn't lose my job bc someone else is doing shady stuff.

Sorry, Know that it is B/S I called the aware line about pretty much about the same stuff that you are talking about. 1) Ops Mgr messed around with a head cashier, oh guess who the new FES is, 2) ASM and OPS mgr are best friends, not only do they stay after and play pellet guns, takes what ever they want out the back door. 3) Ops Mgr figures out how to put returns on store credit and then uses it for himself.
This list goes on and on. I called the 800 number.. I got pulled in the office and question. I played dumb. Next thing I knew I lost my job. Just to let you know that the 1-800 number is recored and that they do play it back to the SM. Just cover your assest. I know that things are not right. Home Depot always will cover for any mgrs, then their hard workers employees.
Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Message to Home Depot

59 months ago

tiredofdepotdrama in atlanta, Georgia said: I can't do it anonymously? That's what they say you can do. Thats bs. I shouldn't lose my job bc someone else is doing shady stuff.

My friend you need to speak to an attorney and get some legal advice. The awareline is basically a Home Depot safety valve if there is something happening that threatens the Home Depot bottom line. Get some legal advice so that you know what YOUR rights and options are in respect to the law. Also know there are corporate folks trolling these boards that are not looking out for your best interest. Document everything you can with dates, times, and specific information. Go speak to an attorney that can tell you what your rights are and your legal options are. Then if you decide to give Home Depot notice through the aware line, a formal letter from your attorney or anything else, you have at least done it with full understanding of what your options are, in respect to the law and your recourse in the event there is an issue with retaliation from you giving them notice of the events you mention in your posts. Get some legal advice. You will sleep a bit better at night when you know what you options and rights are.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nell in Columbia, South Carolina

59 months ago

I can tell you from recent personal experience that the awareness line is merely a smoke screen. YES, they record the conversations and YES they play it back to the Store Manager. Also, the Associate Advice and Counsel Group in Atlanta, who supposedly do the investigations, are desk jockeys who do NOT investigate. I was a criminal investigator for a sheriff's dept. here in SC for 25 years before I retired and I KNOW HOW TO CONDUCT AN INVESTIGATION.
So, bottom line, if things are that bad at HD then you should pursue other jobs. I got wrongfully terminated in April for agreeing with a customer he needed to go to Lowe's. My life went on, but I still get phone calls from my family at my HD store who complain about the inefficiency of the management there. BTW, the manager who terminated me (by phone no less) has now brought in his boyfriend from another local HD store to be the Paint Dept. mgr. at his store. Imagine that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Message to Home Depot on youtube

59 months ago

Nell in Columbia, South Carolina said: I can tell you from recent personal experience that the awareness line is merely a smoke screen. YES, they record the conversations and YES they play it back to the Store Manager. Also, the Associate Advice and Counsel Group in Atlanta, who supposedly do the investigations, are desk jockeys who do NOT investigate. I was a criminal investigator for a sheriff's dept. here in SC for 25 years before I retired and I KNOW HOW TO CONDUCT AN INVESTIGATION.
So, bottom line, if things are that bad at HD then you should pursue other jobs. I got wrongfully terminated in April for agreeing with a customer he needed to go to Lowe's. My life went on, but I still get phone calls from my family at my HD store who complain about the inefficiency of the management there. BTW, the manager who terminated me (by phone no less) has now brought in his boyfriend from another local HD store to be the Paint Dept. mgr. at his store. Imagine that!

There are lots of reasons to go get some legal advice this is a prime example. Speak to attorney or file an EEOC complaint online. I would standup for your god given rights. They want you to roll over, take it and/or quit....and that is why they do this kind of stuff; they know most associates are to ill informed, to scared and in too bad of a financial spot to get informed and act. Get some legal help or you can expect more of the same.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

old dummy in Rogue River, Oregon

16 months ago

This is why they have UNIONS .... they need one they screwed me .. you want to make any of them uptight just bring it up!!! thats the only thing that they worry about.. signed dummy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

E.C. in Hialeah, Florida

5 months ago

I work at Home Depot too.

you need evidence and there's no better evidence than video evidence. I know its illegal to record someone without concent but its even more illegal what they are doing.
You have a android phone it shouldn't be so hard to record them doing it hidden. When you get your evidence show it to a lawyer like that he/she can see it for themselves and know exactly what to do.
Also if you want to show it to H.R. you have to be a politician and say something like "OOOO for some reason my android phone recorded it by itself the button is tricky and i downloaded this app not knowing it has issues with the camera. its so weird though recording it at the convenient time. but here it is what I am talking about".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.