Supervisor Position Interview Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

pyt in Boulder, Colorado

58 months ago

I was just imformed by the manager with whom I interviewed that I am one of his "choices" (they are looking to fill two supervisor positions) and he sent the paperwork to the regional HR department so the people there can "figure out salaries" and give him the "ok" to hire me and the other person. I asked him, then, if I was officially hired. He said I wasn't-that we have to wait on regional HR. Does anyone know exactly what role the people in regional HR play in this process? Do they carry out background checks at this level (or more detailed or additional ones)? Also, what are the chances of the people at regional HR rejecting my application?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

arizhopi41@yahoo.com in Cleveland, Ohio

58 months ago

Basically, this is how it works. You interview at a store. The hiring manager likes you. The district HR team needs to review your application to see if you truely are a "fit." You have not been offered the job. You will never be contacted if you are not a fit. If you are a fit, the hiring manager will call to offer you the job contingent upon the successful completion of a background test and a drug screen. Good luck with the job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.