Which method of the drug test does Home Depot use to screen applicants?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (32)

love in Lanett, Alabama

121 months ago

I was wondering....which method does Home Depot use? Blood, urine, hair, or saliva?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

christopherdennis in Saint Paul, Minnesota

121 months ago

That is a question asked by someone who is dirty. Which one, does not matter if you are clean. If you are clean then do not ask that ? because it raises suspisions. And as far as I know it is urine, most companies use this process because the auto-test pack tests all the common drugs in one simple kit. A couple drops of urine in the tester and 5 minutes is all it takes to test for pot, coke, meth, herione, and PCP. I hope this helps.

Reply - Report abuse

hdcanada in North Vancouver, British Columbia

115 months ago

Weird. They don't do drug testing in HD Canada.

Reply - Report abuse

dj rick in Paterson, New Jersey

109 months ago

That Guy in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I took mine two weeks ago and it was urine. They will send you to a nearby doctor's office to take it. They don't do it in-store

when do the send you

Reply - Report abuse

j-memichelle in McKinney, Texas

104 months ago

Christopher Dennis in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: That is a question asked by someone who is dirty. Which one, does not matter if you are clean. If you are clean then do not ask that ? because it raises suspisions. And as far as I know it is urine, most companies use this process because the auto-test pack tests all the common drugs in one simple kit. A couple drops of urine in the tester and 5 minutes is all it takes to test for pot, coke, meth, herione, and PCP. I hope this helps.

I just have to say... maybe this person is clean but wasnt 3 months ago and they have made a decision to stay clean... it will show in his or her hair if they did things months and months ago... BUT NO WORRIES... u have to pee. ur good!

Reply - Report abuse

billw in Linthicum Heights, Maryland

27 months ago

How insensitive we can be. As a Vietnam Vet trying to get back into the work force I am appalled at the critical nature of some of these comments. Try to be a little constructive with recommendations. I am recovering from injuries and medications. Thx

Reply - Report abuse

dave in Clearwater, Florida

18 months ago

what do they test for specifically

Reply - Report abuse

inquiring minds in Santee, California

11 months ago

can someone tell me if they swab drug test at home depot in santee

Reply - Report abuse

Jasper Let in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

10 months ago

inquiring minds in Santee, California said: can someone tell me if they swab drug test at home depot in santee

The assistant manager and HR associate will administer a cheek swab, it's cheaper, faster and doesn't require any privacy that would give the subject an opportunity to alter the test results.

Reply - Report abuse

lac in Knoxville, Tennessee

10 months ago

christopherdennis in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: That is a question asked by someone who is dirty. Which one, does not matter if you are clean. If you are clean then do not ask that ? because it raises suspisions. And as far as I know it is urine, most companies use this process because the auto -test pack tests all the common drugs in one simple kit. A couple drops of urine in the tester and 5 minutes is all it takes to test for pot, coke, meth, herione, and PCP. I hope this helps.

They asked for information, not judgement. Who the f_ck are you again?????

Oh yeah, nobody...

Reply - Report abuse

skp123 in Hanford, California

7 months ago

christopherdennis in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: That is a question asked by someone who is dirty. Which one, does not matter if you are clean. If you are clean then do not ask that ? because it raises suspisions. And as far as I know it is urine, most companies use this process because the auto -test pack tests all the common drugs in one simple kit. A couple drops of urine in the tester and 5 minutes is all it takes to test for pot, coke, meth, herione, and PCP. I hope this helps.

It is none of your business, and not for you to judge if and when someone used, and if they are clean or not. They had a question, and were looking for an answer. You pompous jackass.
Leave the answers to non-idiots.

Reply - Report abuse

Katie in Garland, Texas

5 months ago

love in Lanett, Alabama said: I was wondering....which method does Home Depot use? Blood, urine, hair, or saliva?

Saliva when you interview

Reply - Report abuse

Katie in Garland, Texas

5 months ago

salvia at interview

Reply - Report abuse

420Lover in Cocoa, Florida

4 months ago

DRUG TEST: Mouth Swab

I went for an interview in December of 2016. I was emailed a confirmation number and told to call a 1-800 number to do an over the phone interview which is automated. The questions are simple, easy and swift. Once you answer the questions the automated service will instruct you on a time and date for your in person interview.

You have to print out the email they send to you so they can verify that you have an interview with them at the stated date. They want you to dress business casual. On the day of your interview, you will have to show the printed email to the person at the customer service desk and they will tell you to go to the offices in the back. They will tell you how to get there. Once you arrive at the office, you introduce yourself to the manager and they will speak with you. They will give you a copy of your application to look over and allow you to correct any mistakes that may be present. You may have to wait 5-10 minutes. After the wait, a manager will take you to an office and conduct the interview. They go through a lengthy process of questions where you have to answer them questions. Questions such as: "Give me an example of how you dealt with a rude and hateful customer, how you helped them and how you felt once the situation was over." "Give me an example how you were put in a difficult situation where you were overwhelmed with customers and tasks and how you managed to get through it." So on and so fourth.

Once the interview is complete they will ask you to wait once again while they review over the answers and discuss it with higher management. Once the discussion is over between the managers, they will call you back into the office and inform you that they have hired you and ask if you are willing to submit to a drug test. You hold a stick between your teeth and cheek for 10 minutes. The test comes back in one week. Good luck!

Reply - Report abuse

Me in Georgia

3 months ago

love in Lanett, Alabama said: I was wondering....which method does Home Depot use? Blood, urine, hair, or saliva?

Urine

Reply - Report abuse

Alan dunn in Mountain View, California

3 months ago

Because different test measure different levels of drugs in your system. That person just wants to be sure so dont judge them cuz u dont know them...

Reply - Report abuse

THE_DUDE in Alamogordo, New Mexico

2 months ago

Is anybody know how THE-HOME-DEPOT does drug test and I won't go to the New Mexico or any of the surrounding cities

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

THE_DUDE in Alamogordo, New Mexico

2 months ago

Does anybody know how the Home Depot in Alamogordo do drug test or surrounding cities

Reply - Report abuse

Billy Bob in High Point, North Carolina

2 months ago

Don't be so judgemental.

Reply - Report abuse

New Guy in Ballwin, Missouri

1 month ago

For what it's worth, I just applied for a cashier's position at Home Depot in west St. Louis County (03/09/17). It was an oral mouth swab.

Reply - Report abuse

This girl in Huntington, West Virginia

1 month ago

Anyone know what kind of test they do in Huntington wv

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

betty in San Jose, California

1 month ago

it's a swab test done on the spot if your h.ired

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

New Guy in Ballwin, Missouri

1 month ago

betty in San Jose, California said: it's a swab test done on the spot if your h.ired

Correct. If they are going to offer a job, you sit right there with the hiring manager and he/she watches as you stick the test strip in your mouth. And from what I've read, the oral swap test is good for recent use (a couple of days) but does not reveal use from previous weeks like a urine screen does.

My question would be, once hired, does Home Depot routinely subject employees to random tests?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Lee in Brookings, Oregon

1 month ago

Saliva test at your first interview. Crescent City Ca

Reply - Report abuse

Someone in Brighton, Colorado

1 month ago

can someone give me a straight answer of what drug test they use to screen applicants in Colorado specifically Brighton

Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Montclair, California

1 month ago

billw in Linthicum Heights, Maryland said: How insensitive we can be. As a Vietnam Vet trying to get back into the work force I am appalled at the critical nature of some of these comments. Try to be a little constructive with recommendations. I am recovering from injuries and medications. Thx

I'm with you brother if you can't just answer simple question without judging or criticizing, or offending people then don't answer questions .....

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

1 month ago

I'm with you brother if you can't just answer simple question without judging or criticizing, or offending people then don't answer questions .....

Reply - Report abuse

1 month ago

All that extra does not help, you don't know what other people are going through, everybody is fighting some kind of battle, wether it's mental, physical, spiritual, financial, demons , disease, DRUGS, and alcohol.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Tina in Pasadena, Texas

25 days ago

That is not necessarily true. If it is a NYC cal swab it can be done at the same time as the interview. A urine test requires going to a lab requiring additional time to adjust a persons schedule. I like to know ahead of time so I will not schedule anything a couple days after the interview to comply with the testing. Assuming because someone asks what method is used is a drug addict is irresponsible and ignorant.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Tina in Pasadena, Texas

25 days ago

Tina in Pasadena, Texas said: That is not necessarily true. If it is a NYC cal swab it can be done at the same time as the interview. A urine test requires going to a lab requiring additional time to adjust a persons schedule. I like to know ahead of time so I will not schedule anything a couple days after the interview to comply with the testing. Assuming because someone asks what method is used is a drug addict is irresponsible and ignorant.

Buccal swab. This auto correct is crazy.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

og bruo in Castle Rock, Colorado

12 hours ago

Did you find out what type of test it is

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

og bruo in Castle Rock, Colorado

12 hours ago

Someone in Brighton, Colorado said: can someone give me a straight answer of what drug test they use to screen applicants in Colorado specifically Brighton

Did you find out what type of test it is

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.