apply now or wait? already working at depot...in store appilcation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

jimzasd in Riverside, California

83 months ago

so here is the deal been workimg at home depot for 1 yr and a half been in lot all this time. i recently had review went great they asked if i wanted to move somewhere else i said no...but then about 4 weeks later i started casheir trainin and i love it i want to be a casheir. should i apply for it via career depot right now or wait tell they need more? they just hired 3 more casheirs and 1 is about to come back from a long time injury....should i wait tll iam fully casheir certivied to apply...apply now and tell mah fes or just ask about it with mah fes since they just hired the new casheirs and i just got a review and said i was kool in lot. i all of a sudden want out of lot and to be a casheir thanks for any help. sry about wall of text heh

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California

83 months ago

Finish your training and let the ops manager know what you want, the lot may be somewhat stress free, but promotions from lot are scarce

Reply - Report abuse

jimzasd in Riverside, California

82 months ago

Ok.. I finished training like 1 month ago and I told FES and OPS manager about me wanting to come in. So she said they hire as they need them (like anything else) and they just hired the 4 or so recently and she said something about march//april when they start trying to bring in some lot attendants inside the store. But they just lost 2 head cashiers and 1 cashier just replaced on of the positions yesterday. Do they look at instore applications before they look at out of store applicants when they need new cashiers?(or in any other dept for that matter) because I dont want to seem like a broken record and keep bugging about if they need some more cashiers yet.

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.