background check

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 66 of 66)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Shiraya in Chicago, Illinois

46 months ago

Hi you guys i just had and interview at home depot and im just wondering like she said I would have to waait 2-3 days to see if Im hired and I won'ted to know why I have to wait that long ??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

homegrown2 in Phoenix, Arizona

44 months ago

I have a felony but its in another state and well over ten years ago but it is a violent felony. Will it show up?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California

43 months ago

homegrown2 in Phoenix, Arizona said: I have a felony but its in another state and well over ten years ago but it is a violent felony. Will it show up?

Yep, they use a federal data base. Which means Nation Wide. Also I don't know about other stores, but in my store we get BG checks back as either Red (felony) Yellow (misdemeanor) or Green (no record) We toss out the reds and yellows and still have a stack of 50 greens to go through. so In a few words not a chance...Sorry to break bad news.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

jill in Mc Donald, Tennessee

41 months ago

Does anyone actually really know how far back home depot checks criminal background? I got offered a position for head cashier. Please answer only if u k.ow? Thnx guys.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

param in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

41 months ago

hi,everyone I need some help regardind home depot job as i applied for cashier position and first two interviews were held good and the hr told me that they were going to check backgrounds. so, is anybody help me how long they took to check ones back ground and after how many days they will call back
Or for how many days I have to wait for their call is their any need to call them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Dustyy in STL, Missouri

40 months ago

What does the background check consist of? Just criminal?

I had an interview for cashier last Friday, and it went really well. Once I told them about a family member of mine that works there, they pretty much skipped the interview questions and offered me a position pending the drug test and background check. They said they'd call me within a few days once they clear but haven't yet, 6 days later. I'm sure my drug test passed but worried about background check.

I have almost no criminal record (traffic ticket 6 years ago). My credit is bad though. I also left my previous job on bad terms.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

TRAVIS in Brooklyn, New York

40 months ago

newcandidate3221 in Fontana, California said: Congratulations! you got the job then. Orientation officially means you got the job!
All you need do is sign the papers they provide in the class they put you in with your new coworkers and you will be in for a treat.
They buy your lunch for you and your coworkers the first day...so you need not bring a lunch that day!

Hey whats sup are u still working for home depot?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jrmariojr in Covina, California

30 months ago

I applied for a job at home depot and pretty much said i was hired if i pass background check. 6 years ago i was arrested for petty theft. I completed probation and all has been taken care of? Will that affect my chances of getting hired even though that was 6 years ago?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

teesha in Chicago, Illinois

29 months ago

Hi I have a question. My brother claims he was offered a job in Home Depot distribution center. He said they gave him a phone interview a week ago. And then they called him and said he needs to go to 3 day orientation in Atlanta Georgia this weekend... He claimed they called him yesterday and told him he has to fly out of state for this orientation... It just doesn't sound right to me... I don't think he ever went in for an actual interview, he just did a phone interview. And he hasn't done a drug test.. He said he guesses they'll do one we he gets to Atlanta.
Is it normal for the distribution center in South Carolina to do orientation in a different state without even a weeks notice? This is a part time position he applied to.
Thanks for any help!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Ern in Jacksonville, Florida

26 months ago

James in New Waterford, Ohio said: Yeah, you're probably out of luck. THD has so many qualified candidates, they don't need to settle for someone with a record. Typically, that's the first box hiring managers look at... if it's checked, they move on.

That's unfounded. You could be 10x more qualified and a better worker, not to mention, person, and have a DUI.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Whitney in Colorado

24 months ago

I live in denver Colorado and i just got offered a job at the home depot they still have to do the drug test witch has to be completed in 48 hrs no problem then i had to sighn a consent form for my back ground check kinda worried about that. No felonies but a dui a year ago a minor in possession of alcohol when i was 19 6 years ago and currently a pending charge for some b.s and a recent probation violation for the pending charge. I guess i will know by next week what they think but im hoping i still have that job offer after all is said and done!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brady in Reynoldsburg, Ohio

18 months ago

I have a traffic misdemeanor not dwi, will the affect my chances as an ASM candidate?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Natalie in Palos Hills, Illinois

14 months ago

JustinK in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan said: First off let me say that I do not and have never worked for HD so I do not know their hiring practices first hand. But being in HR and a recruiter myself, you probably have a 50/50 shot. It depends on how long ago the offense was and how far that HD looks back. I'd need more info though.

If you or anyone has questions regarding HR stuff or employment agencies, please stop by our forums ( www.tekshak.com ) and post your question under the general tab. We're trying to get the site built up for all tech professions.

How far back does boots (no7) skincare company go back? I got a misdemeanor of theft when I was 18, I am now 25.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Guest in Minneapolis, Minnesota

13 months ago

I have just recently got a interview for home depot for overnight merchandising and i went to the interview passed with flying colors the manager actually liked me she liked me so much the supervisor had liked me to so they offered me the job and they asked for the background check and piss test and i never took the piss test after my 48 hours was up but check this out the supervisor called me back up for another chance to take the piss test and she said she has my background results already and she just wanted me to take the piss test so im guessing they still want to hire me even though i have a background could this be the case ❓

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

harley2010 in Roslyn Heights, New York

6 months ago

Does HD do education and employment background checks or just criminal?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

harley2010 in Roslyn Heights, New York

6 months ago

Does Home Depot do education and employment background checks or just criminal?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.