How can this person got fired if they followed SOP at home depot???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

llama in Commerce Township, Michigan

83 months ago

Home Depot policy is meet or beat any written offer. This person got a quote, got approval for the MOD (mgr on duty). The head cashier lied told the store mgr that this person said that he approved of it. This person that got fied didn't lied, did everything that is right?? what should this person do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California

83 months ago

look for a new job...sounds like he got shafted and there's nothing he can do about it, you can't beat the mighty HD beast, no one else will ever take blame

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Home Depot sucks I am sick of all this b/s. "POWER HOUR", what you have to take a dump oh NO its POWER HOUR. They treat us empolyee like crap I am fed up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

voltom05 in Alabama

82 months ago

llama in Commerce Township, Michigan said: Home Depot sucks I am sick of all this b/s. "POWER HOUR", what you have to take a dump oh NO its POWER HOUR. They treat us empolyee like crap I am fed up.

I totally agree with you. This POWER HOUR is nothing but bull s----. They don't care about your breaks which you are to take after 2 hours and they don't care about your lunch schedule either. Yeah you can't go to the bathroom during POWER HOUR either if you are doing the door greeter or race track. It is about time us employees rebel against HD. They are not that high and mighty that someone can't take them down. They have had lawsuits against them and it is always for the same crap. I would love to chat with you further about this damn company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

They don't care about their employees.. Oh NO pack down during power hour. Then the person that is closing that dept is getting yelled at of why your dept looks like crap. Its a No win situation. I am glad that its not just me with all of the same b/s.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cooldudefromsd in Jackson, Michigan

28 months ago

power hour just means you focus on the customers. You are allowed breaks. If the managers don't allow it contact corporate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

diamond in Tracy, California

12 months ago

llama in Commerce Township, Michigan said: Home Depot policy is meet or beat any written offer. This person got a quote, got approval for the MOD (mgr on duty). The head cashier lied told the store mgr that this person said that he approved of it. This person that got fied didn't lied, did everything that is right?? what should this person do?

Well people let me tell you. You are getting paid to do a job. We work around the public and sell product to make the company money and get paid for it. How hard can it be? I've been there for 12 years and recvd a few write ups myself but still obtained the first diamond award in my store. I notice quite a few "lazies" who choose to punch in for work and talk all day long hanging out behind the desks,back aisles,and wherever there are blind spots. They are the ones who are always taking their breaks on time cause that's a they do. I pick up after them all the slack they leave behind on top of my own expected duties because the management knows it'll get done and are sick and tired of asking the lazies to do it.This shows when the pay reviews come. I get excellent raises every year cause the round table DH'S and ASMS know I bust ass. I don't go to work worrying about other people's problems. If I see this all day,the ASMs see it too. You got fired because you disrupt the work flow by loafing all day long and people like me have to pick up your slack.Good riddens! Start doing what you're supposed to do and you won't get noticed. 4 1/2 years?.., you knew you weren't supposed to leave the property when on the clock. If you get injured while on the clock you put our company at risk. And workman's comp doesn't have to pay you one cent. It's company policy not to leave the property. DO IT AT LUNCH,ON YOUR OWN TIME.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

diamond in Tracy, California

12 months ago

People,it's a job,go with the flow or get out. The company isn't going anywhere. On the contrary, it's getting larger. If you can't handle holding your own there,go work at McDonald's. I've been there 12 years with 4 write ups,2 were last and finals, and still get raises cause I do my job. I'm the first diamond in the store. You're there to work. Sitting at the kitchen design desk all day long and expecting someone like me to clean around you and front face your area,you deserve to get fired for laziness.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.