crappy hours and managament

Comments (5)

Gregzilla in Aberdeen, Mississippi

86 months ago

I hated working for Home Depot for two main reasons. I had a Head cashier who always seemed to have something against me. She becasme the schedular. This person would ride me harder than the other lot associates such as making me do a work list twice a day and having to have it signed it twice in a day while not even enforcing it once on the other lot associates as well as other things such as making me run the gas blower at 1 pm in the afternoon in the parking lot on a sunny 100 degree plus day in Mississippi and other little things to be a pain in the butt. The other was the crappy schedule as I had no car and rode a bike or walked home and I had to work excessive nights and weekends. One time from Thanksgiving to March, I had to work Monday thru Thursday, have Friday off ,work Saturday then have Sunday off and with a 11:30 am-8:30 pm schedule until January or February when they started letting me off at 5 pm Saturdays. or I would end up closing for 10 days in a row and then scheduled to open at 6 am 10 days in a row.

The last schedule that I had was from Easter to when I was fired. I would work the weekends to help the garden center people. I was only the only fulltime lot associate with 2 part timers to help me. I would be working my butt off in the garden center while the garden people would sit around and talk especially with these two guys that I would call the couple who would always work together when having the same shift. I was working Monday and then have two days off(anywhere from Tuesday thru Thursday off except on week of Fourth of July when they split up the weekend and gave me the Wednesday and Sunday off as the holiday was on a Wednesday). I was treated like a partimer as the hours as early as 6 am and as late as 9:15 pm. When I closed or after the day off, I would have to catch up because nobody would do the cleaning so I would have a disaster area that I would have to clean up in high humidity and temperatures in the summer.

86 months ago

I was fired for telling a coworker what I thought of the couple inside the store who were too busy doing a cushy job in the store stocking shelves that one of them could do while I was outside sweating doing everything by myself. I was fired two weeks after the fact.

86 months ago

Don't get me started on some of the others.

sweetpea08 in Illinois

86 months ago

I hate to say this but it sounds like you are whining........ I understand that the garden assoc may have been sitting around and you worked... did you ever voice your anger to management?

86 months ago

sweetpea08 in Illinois said: I hate to say this but it sounds like you are whining........ I understand that the garden assoc may have been sitting around and you worked... did you ever voice your anger to management?

yes

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.