How to get a job at Home Depot.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 63 of 63)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

bobby jozlin in Waterbury, Connecticut

53 months ago

I have no previous job experiance except for working on a farm for 2 years which delt with doing the basic farming things, also selling corn. I need money to pay for the rest of college and figured I would attempt to get a job at home depot. Do you need a reseme to get a job at home depot? The face to face interviews make me nervous, what would I wear, what do I say? I have a perfect record, i'm a good lil boy and i follow directions easily and i am a hard worker. I'm 19 years old. If i really don't want to deal with customers, which position should i take at home depot? 1 that has the least customer service would be nice. If somone could answer all these questions i have i'll be very greatful. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Homer3 in Ajax, Ontario

53 months ago

Be related to, or be a friend of a manager there.

If you are, not only will you get the job if you want it, but you will
NEVER lose the job no matter what you do. Seriously, you can be as late
as you want, as lazy as you want, and you can take as much time off as
you want. You can even call in sick after a night of drinking and admit
it (I have seen this happen many times).

The place needs much much much much much better managers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

desert lady in Rancho Cucamonga, California

53 months ago

bobby jozlin in Waterbury, Connecticut said: I have no previous job experiance except for working on a farm for 2 years which delt with doing the basic farming things, also selling corn. I need money to pay for the rest of college and figured I would attempt to get a job at home depot. Do you need a reseme to get a job at home depot? The face to face interviews make me nervous, what would I wear, what do I say? I have a perfect record, i'm a good lil boy and i follow directions easily and i am a hard worker. I'm 19 years old. If i really don't want to deal with customers, which position should i take at home depot? 1 that has the least customer service would be nice. If somone could answer all these questions i have i'll be very greatful. Thanks.

No, you don't need a resume - there isn't even a place to submit it when you apply online. I'd say that slacks and a button-down shirt would be fine for the interview. The questions I was asked in the interviews were all "What would you do if..." kind of questions, and all were about helping customers or about getting along with coworkers. You can also expect to be asked "Why do you want to work for Home depot?"

If you don't want to deal with customers, you might want to look into working at one of the warehouses or one of the other jobs listed in the "supply chain" area of the Home Depot careers website.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anthony in Los Angeles, California

39 months ago

I just got home from an interview at HD and I'm worried about the background check. Because I have two domestic violence misdemeanors I just haven't been keeping up with the court dates. I already got charged. Can u please help me out thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Vore in Syosset, New York

39 months ago

Anthony in Los Angeles, California said: I just got home from an interview at HD and I'm worried about the background check. Because I have two domestic violence misdemeanors I just haven't been keeping up with the court dates. I already got charged. Can u please help me out thank you

Well 1st suggestion I'd give you is try not to hurt anyone. And the 2nd suggestion is try not to hurt anyone twice. You will fit right in as a designer with your temperment. Good luck in prison.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Nathan Smith in North Branch, Michigan

36 months ago

Skippy in Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia said: I tried the same approach but could not get by the person at the (Customer Service) counter. Maybe it depends on the specific store.

It probaly does depend on the store honestly. I myself am thinking of applying for a job there once I'm old enough.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

jack davis in Modesto, California

34 months ago

jarvis i smith in Chicago, Illinois said: DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE ADDRESS I CAN GO ON TO APPLY FOR A JOB ON LINE ?

homedepotcareers.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

prehberg in Cornwall, Ontario

32 months ago

Well i have applied online numerous times for a variety of positions and have never been contacted once. did attend 1 job fair they put on and did get a call for a face to face. but like most companies, their HR people are a joke, and when i called regarding the outcome of the face to face i was told i would be contacted soon. NEVER got a call after that conversation.Now I am about 2 steps away from being capable of building a house from the ground up.I can do formwork, framing,plumbing,concrete,tile,drywall,trim,insulation,roofing,painting
etc,etc. I love power tools(what guy doesn't)and am exremely knowledgeable on most of them and theirs uses. why did i want a job at HD because I'm a people person and a salesman, not a contractor. I only know how to do all that stuff cause I'm a homeowner and i like doing it myself plus it saves me money by not having to pay for labour. do u think i can get another face to face, not on your life. I once spoke with a young lady who's job it was to gather carts in the parking lot, she was a qualified carpenter! go figure, dont put her in a dept. where she can be a benefit. HD's hiring practices at least here in Cornwall ON. Canada are a joke.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ericasmith in Summerville, Georgia

28 months ago

Like everyone else, i applied online. A couple of days later i received an over the phone interview. 2 days after that i received a call from the hiring manager asking if i could come in for an interview. The interview went great, but as always they hit u w/ the "we'll keep in touch if u get the position." The following week after my interview, i received a call asking could i come in for a meet and great w/ the store manager. I was instantly hired on the spot after meeting him. That afternoon I had to agree to a background check and take a drug test. I surprisingly passed them both. 2 more days later i was asked to come in to begin my orientation. I've been at Home Depot for a good month or so and i love it. 90% of the employees are really friendly. This is a great company to work for. They have so much to offer. i love my job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jay in Belchertown, Massachusetts

28 months ago

Skippy in Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia said: I tried the same approach but could not get by the person at the (Customer Service) counter. Maybe it depends on the specific store.

Thats because you don't look like Linda.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

scott0883 in Burleson, Texas

20 months ago

jarvis i smith in Chicago, Illinois said: DO YOU HAVE A WEBSITE ADDRESS I CAN GO ON TO APPLY FOR A JOB ON LINE ?

Just go to home depot employment or carreers and apply there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kressy in Phenix City, Alabama

15 months ago

ericasmith in Summerville, Georgia said: Like everyone else, i applied online. A couple of days later i received an over the phone interview. 2 days after that i received a call from the hiring manager asking if i could come in for an interview. The interview went great, but as always they hit u w/ the "we'll keep in touch if u get the position." The following week after my interview, i received a call asking could i come in for a meet and great w/ the store manager. I was instantly hired on the spot after meeting him. That afternoon I had to agree to a background check and take a drug test. I surprisingly passed them both. 2 more days later i was asked to come in to begin my orientation. I've been at Home Depot for a good month or so and i love it. 90% of the employees are really friendly. This is a great company to work for. They have so much to offer. i love my job!

I have no experience an recently applied ,did you have any experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kelli Meiann in Victorville, California

11 months ago

I applied every few months for the better part of 6 years!!! Never once heard anything then last year I applied in Memphis TN, because I had relocated there. After five months I moved back to California and continued to apply every 60 days as they suggested. Then out of the blue I updated all my information and received a call. They wanted to phone screen me... One minor problem they wanted me for the job in Memphis and I had been back in California a year and a half and had been applying to the home depots in my city. After I told the person I spoke to I was transferred and was told by that employee I would be put on a list and if any opening happened they would call me. I decided not to wait and applied again. two days later I was called in. I have to mention I only every applied for their overnight team but I was interviewing for a cashier. I live in an community with a 60 to 65 % unemployment rate so I took it. The first interview was standard and then they called me in for a second interview where they proceed to only tell me about the job and never asked me any questions. After my back ground came back I found out I was the only person being hired and that the manager wanted me to be temporary but that because he was slow in his hiring process I missed the deadline to hire temp employees... I feel pretty lucky!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.