home depot sucks

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 67)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

eddy

70 months ago

at my store 3801 if you have a bad attitude you get praised by the manager. the people with positive upbeat attitudes are the underdogs. My manager feeds on bad attitudes because she has one herself. i have had alot of customers complain about her

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (61) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

happyd in Ohio

70 months ago

If you have a good management team you have better morale, which
customers notice. Happy customers tend to be repeat shoppers, which gives you a better chance to make sales plan, which, in
turn, creates even better morale.

If customers have complained about the SM, has anyone forwarded those complaints (assuming the complaints were legit and not
just customers being whiners) to the DM or the DHRM? If things
are really bad and no one is doing anything about it, what about
the Awareline?

Employees have to invite a union in and then all employees have to vote on becoming part of the union. It isn't a quick process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

happyd in Ohio

70 months ago

Unions have good and bad points. It was the management folks at the top who made the decisions that got the auto industry in the current mess. They did not react to changes in the market. The folks who work on the assembly lines, the union members, just built the vehicles they were told to build. Unions don't suck, they have value. But, all unions must realize that the current situation calls for a new approach and they must be willing to compromise if their industries are to survive. Nardelli et al have to go; their replacements have to be able to see the big picture instead of focusing on their compensation packages.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Alan Smithee in Allen Park, Michigan

65 months ago

I can tell you from 8 and half years working for them the only one's valued at a home depot are those who rat, tattle and kiss so much booty that there entire face is brown. Those like myself who were let go because we did not work hard enough at our jobs. Are the real work horses. I worked only 75% of my scheduled shifts for a 6 month period. I either switched, changed or called in and I was full time. The management teamed sucked and did not know its job from a whole in its head. I got let go right around Christmas and I was told that it was a business decision. Then I hear that they are trying to rail road half the people I used to work with out. Ugh what a bunch of robots. Can't make an error, can't do this, you don't know your job. Did I mention if they call you back for a coaching session that they told you want you did wrong and then offer no coaching. What a joke. You pervert department heads who look at women and then make comments to you about them right out on the floor. Do yourself a favor and work for another company your nerves and stomach will thank you for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (70) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Michael 1969 in Fernley, Nevada

64 months ago

Home Depot store 3828 discriminated against me because I am HIV positive. The HR of my store made me have my HIV doctor disclose my HIV status on a leave of absence form when I became too ill to work. She also threatened to demote me, cut my pay and possibly lose my job. She also "forgot" to turn in an employee donation matching fund to the head quarters of Home Depot.
When she realized she was not going to push me out the door, she told me, "she felt uncomfortable with me being in the building because I have epilepsy." I do have epilepsy and it was a known fact through out the store. I worked for Home Depot for 8 years and no one ever until this point had any problems with me working in the store and having epilepsy.
After countless calls to her office, unprofessional comments, and false statement to me about Home Depot policies, she finally got her wish and I quit.
I was dealing with this new horrifying illness and could not deal with being harassed everyday I worked.
I have filed a complaint with the EEOC but Home Depot, being the "We're too big to touch" company they are pushing my complaint back on me and reported false information to the EEOC about my complaint. I am getting the word out to all who shop at Home Depot, this is why the associates do not smile there anymore. They are treated like disposable diapers. Use them and when they're done, toss them in the garbage.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (69) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Taargus_Taargus in Cleveland, Ohio

64 months ago

eddy said: i'm speaking of the home depot in toledo on airport highway

I worked at that one too lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Taargus_Taargus in Cleveland, Ohio

64 months ago

eddy said: the moral sucks. employees are over worked and management treats you like crap. someone should start unions at home depot.

well she was fired though right? thats what i heard at least

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Plannerdude in West Linn, Oregon

63 months ago

After working for the Home Depot for over two years now, I have come to the conclusion that Store Managers are just corporate sock puppets and they are not actually allowed to run their own stores, they just do what they're told. The store managers I've work for so far are completely clueless. The current policy of hiring mostly 90 day temps is coming back to bite them in the ass. These employees are in the position where they start looking for another job on day one at Home Depot and I've seen a number of these "Temps" just stop showing up for scheduled shifts once they've found other work. HD has zero loyalty to it's employees and customer service is just a slogan, since they slash employee hours to the point where customers #1 complaint is not being able to find anyone to help them. What do you expect from a company who's CEO has no background in retail...he's lawyer and it shows. I find the management at most HD to be completely lacking in any real business experience. Heck Starbucks has better trained managers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shay_G in Whoknows, Georgia

63 months ago

Let's say I have a friend that works for Home Depot part-time....We are trying to get more info about the bookkeeping policies but he/she doesnt want to ask anyone at work because he/she wants to remain anonymous. The management at the store has asked a pro desk associate to accept a declined check from a contractor on 3 occassions. Basically when the conractor tries to pay with a check, it gets declined. The contractor says "oh manager Joe Blow says you guys can take my checks as cash." Sure enough, Joe Blow comes and says "yeah just hit cash." They are somehow fudging the numbers in bookkeeping so that my friends register never shows up being short for the cash that was never received. Do managers have the authority to do this? It should be a violation of some kind of rule to ask employees to violate SOP. It seems to me like the managers could be taking payoffs from the customer secretly. When my friend asked the bookkeeping associate if she should contact a District Manager, the lady panicked. My friends store pretty bad inventory numbers this year and it could have something to do with the managers accepting payoffs from the contractors.Soooo, does my friend have any case to make him/her a "whistleblower?"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

eddy

63 months ago

Sorry about your luck. Good move getting out of there. Now be real smart and leave them for good before they ruin your work record

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

eddy

63 months ago

They take the crap back that the customer ordered wrong than blame you for it. Home Depot is in borrowed time. Get out while you can. Menards is the place to go because they are running home depot out of business and they know how to treat employees and customers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

eddy

63 months ago

it wasent because of your sickness they got rid of you. They got rid of you because you were making more than mininum wage. Home depot is on borrowed time. Menards will be taking over soon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California

63 months ago

Shay_G in Whoknows, Georgia said: Let's say I have a friend that works for Home Depot part-time....We are trying to get more info about the bookkeeping policies but he/she doesnt want to ask anyone at work because he/she wants to remain anonymous. The management at the store has asked a pro desk associate to accept a declined check from a contractor on 3 occassions. Basically when the conractor tries to pay with a check, it gets declined. The contractor says "oh manager Joe Blow says you guys can take my checks as cash." Sure enough, Joe Blow comes and says "yeah just hit cash." They are somehow fudging the numbers in bookkeeping so that my friends register never shows up being short for the cash that was never received. Do managers have the authority to do this? It should be a violation of some kind of rule to ask employees to violate SOP. It seems to me like the managers could be taking payoffs from the customer secretly. When my friend asked the bookkeeping associate if she should contact a District Manager, the lady panicked. My friends store pretty bad inventory numbers this year and it could have something to do with the managers accepting payoffs from the contractors.Soooo, does my friend have any case to make him/her a "whistleblower?"

Don't read too much into it, some checks are rejected by the system, not because they're bad but because of other factors like inability to preauthorize checks from certain banks because of routing no. With known contractor's or they're employees, you'll often see a manager's override or approve it because they know the contractor and the check is OK...Most ASMs will not jeopardize their job to gain a few coins on the side, besides everything that enters the vault is audited. I know because I often have to confirm the vault and I can see what goes on in there...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SJ in Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia

63 months ago

Shay G: I also work at The Home Depot, and am concerned about the situation your friend has shared with you. Please know that individuals can contact our AwareLine, which is available to all current and former associates to report concerns related to their employment and to report compliance violations. Callers may choose to remain anonymous. The contact info for the AwareLine is posted on the communications bulletin board in or near the breakroom.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

disappointedinthedepot in Ft Mitchell, Kentucky

63 months ago

Shay_G in Whoknows, Georgia said: Let's say I have a friend that works for Home Depot part-time....We are trying to get more info about the bookkeeping policies but he/she doesnt want to ask anyone at work because he/she wants to remain anonymous. The management at the store has asked a pro desk associate to accept a declined check from a contractor on 3 occassions. Basically when the conractor tries to pay with a check, it gets declined. The contractor says "oh manager Joe Blow says you guys can take my checks as cash." Sure enough, Joe Blow comes and says "yeah just hit cash." They are somehow fudging the numbers in bookkeeping so that my friends register never shows up being short for the cash that was never received. Do managers have the authority to do this? It should be a violation of some kind of rule to ask employees to violate SOP. It seems to me like the managers could be taking payoffs from the customer secretly. When my friend asked the bookkeeping associate if she should contact a District Manager, the lady panicked. My friends store pretty bad inventory numbers this year and it could have something to do with the managers accepting payoffs from the contractors.Soooo, does my friend have any case to make him/her a "whistleblower?"

i've been with the depot ten years and am familiar with store operations. i highly suggest your friend report those incidents to the distric loss prevention ! unfortunately internal theft is closed to 85% at the home depot if not more !!! it also sounds like a few people are involved !!! the store i am currently at had 845k worth of inventory unaccounted for in 2008 !!! then they fired the sm,2 asm's and 3 dh's !!! 3 months later said they found 450k of the missing inventory !! and the fact the bookkeeping assoc was panicky ? call distric lps!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

stressedtothelimit in New York, New York

63 months ago

The system prompts declined and the customer is to call centergy with information to find out why the check has been declined. If it is because of too many checks, etc. the system prompts the cashier to call centery ***TELL YOUR FRIEND TO CALL THE AWARELINE***

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shannon torell in Fayetteville, Arkansas

63 months ago

eddy said: the moral sucks. employees are over worked and management treats you like crap. someone should start unions at home depot.

Simple questions. Have you ever worked for a place that has an union? And furthermore do u even know what unions do and stand for? Make sure you get educated on something before you go and say stuff. On moral, your moral and everyone elses is what they make it. The moral in the your store sucks because your store has employees that make it that way!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (22) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

shannon torell in Fayetteville, Arkansas said: Simple questions. Have you ever worked for a place that has an union? And furthermore do u even know what unions do and stand for? Make sure you get educated on something before you go and say stuff. On moral, your moral and everyone elses is what they make it. The moral in the your store sucks because your store has employees that make it that way!

well shannon sounds like home depot has brainwashed you !!!! i grew up in a union household and also belonged to a union and let me tell you i had a voice ,a vote and was empowered by the union !!! at the depot they can do anything they want when they want ... our moral sucks at my store because of the management !!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Michael 1969 in Fernley, Nevada said: Home Depot store 3828 discriminated against me because I am HIV positive. The HR of my store made me have my HIV doctor disclose my HIV status on a leave of absence form when I became too ill to work. She also threatened to demote me, cut my pay and possibly lose my job. She also "forgot" to turn in an employee donation matching fund to the head quarters of Home Depot.
When she realized she was not going to push me out the door, she told me, "she felt uncomfortable with me being in the building because I have epilepsy." I do have epilepsy and it was a known fact through out the store. I worked for Home Depot for 8 years and no one ever until this point had any problems with me working in the store and having epilepsy.
After countless calls to her office, unprofessional comments, and false statement to me about Home Depot policies, she finally got her wish and I quit.
I was dealing with this new horrifying illness and could not deal with being harassed everyday I worked.
I have filed a complaint with the EEOC but Home Depot, being the "We're too big to touch" company they are pushing my complaint back on me and reported false information to the EEOC about my complaint. I am getting the word out to all who shop at Home Depot, this is why the associates do not smile there anymore. They are treated like disposable diapers. Use them and when they're done, toss them in the garbage.

please don't give up on fighting the depot, the management is arrogant and pompas i'd love to see someone cut thm down to size!! keep me informed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

that person in Dallas, Texas

62 months ago

[Swho="masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California"]Are you guys kidding? Unions are a recipe for failure, It's simple math, greedy unions will double salaries which doesn't sound like a bad thing, but you don't think the shareholders are going to take the loss so they'll cut their amount of stores and associates in half. lots of lost jobs and unhappy people on unemployment lines. Go Union!!! Yes I'm bitter cause I worked at a Union job and they just kept taking and taking till there was nothing left to take. Everyone lost their jobs when they sold out to Canada. Notice how many union companies are begging for money, ie. auto industry. And its not to pay off debt or anything it's to pay the union-robbed pension plan back. UNIONS SUCK!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

voltom05 in Alabama

61 months ago

HOME DEPOT REALLY SUCKS, I DON'T CARE WHAT STATE YOU ARE IN THEY JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO TREAT EMPLOYEES. THEY DISCRIMINATE AGAINST YOU AND THEN THEY HAVE THE NERVE TO POST THE EEOC PAPER UP THAT THEY ABIDE BY THE RULES. YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!!! THEY DON'T. IF YOU LOOK UP HOW MUCH MONEY THEY HAVE SPENT ON EEOC CLAIMS IT IS SHOCKING. EVERYONE WANTS TO LEAVE THE STORE NO MATTER WHO YOU TALK TO.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No Reply - Report abuse

Eddy in Toledo, Ohio

61 months ago

Get out of home depot. They are going under. Look at their stock. Menards is driving them down.............GO MENARDS!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

masterspec101 in Rancho Cucamonga, California

61 months ago

Eddy in Toledo, Ohio said: Get out of home depot. They are going under. Look at their stock. Menards is driving them down.............GO MENARDS!!!!!!

what are you talking about doofus? their stock's been the same since before the depression... S&P rated them a strong buy, do your research before you post crap a-hole

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

voltom05 in Alabama

61 months ago

disappointedinthedepot in Ft Mitchell, Kentucky said: please don't give up on fighting the depot, the management is arrogant and pompas i'd love to see someone cut thm down to size!! keep me informed

Hi there, I know a person who has filed with the EEOC and they are trying to get their position statement done and they want to go to mitagation or settle. This person is not going to go to mitagation because they won't pay anything. I know they have hired a lawyer and going all the way. When I hear from my friend and the results I will let you know. Keep on fighting THEY SUCK. The EEOC doesn't work for the employee they work for the employer. Everyone should know this and then maybe things would change at the work place all over.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Che Chomsky in Edmonton, Alberta

61 months ago

Do not believe that you will work longer than your temporary contract, if you've signed one. They will say goodbye to you as soon as you are eligible for benefits. Expect to have no support from the management. Find a different job or work there knowing that they will get rid of you as soon as your 120 days are up. This is the reality of corporate America in Canada. I should have known better than to trust them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

llama in Commerce Township, Michigan

60 months ago

I say Run RUN away while you still can... Home Depot controls your life. I just told the SM that I am taking a college class and wait to up my career. Got in trouble for not "ASKING PERMISSION"? wtf I said, what I do out of Home Depot is none of your consern. Oh one week later I am out the door ummmmm..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

klare pridmore in Belleville, Ontario

60 months ago

hello folks

i'm not sure if anyone can help me;

we have a HD tyrancy versus average joe worker situation happening right now.

unfortunately, we can not return to our HD to copy/find the ''aware line'' for canadian employees. [ found one for usa only ].
we do not want to involve any other employees in our personal issues w/HD ; as we fear retaliation would be vented upon them.

i am the spouse of the distraught employee, and am trying to research our options.

any advice/ phone numbers specific to the canadian arm of HD would be appreciated.

thanx muchly everyone, for any/all considerations,....good luck to all of you, klare.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cmp19825@aol.com in Oregon, Ohio

60 months ago

Tell your spouse to get the hell out of home depot and do the best thing and go to MENARDS!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Eddy store 3801 in swanton, Ohio

60 months ago

Go to MENARDS!!!!....They treat you lika a human being

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

disappointedinthedepot in Newport, Kentucky

60 months ago

good for you !!! i just quit home depot after eleven years and what a relief !!!! go memnards and lowes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

GO MENARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....HOME DEPOT IS GOING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Anon in Mesa, Arizona

60 months ago

continued from prev post: when I was hired on as a special service associate my job would involve inputting special orders and showing customers the very wide range of products that we dont offer in the store. - which I thought would be great until about 2 months into it all when i fully completed my training. There was no raise for this position and my job description went from doing 2 things to doing over 12 things such as: answering the store phone calls, taking returns, doing special orders, calling customers about their will calls, setting up delivers and transfers, handling RTVs, PLUS acting as a backup cashier, lot attendant, AND TRC associate. DONT even get me started on our return policy. We say that its 90 days but that's total foobar. Roughly 80% of our returns are from "parking lot" receipts that drug addicts pick up OR sometimes they don't even bring a receipt and just take store credit, then go to stores to steal products, and return them to another store for either money or store credit. IT IS SO OBVIOUS TO NOTICE THESE TYPES OF PEOPLE yet management approves the returns at least 90% of the time because they live in fear that they will loose their jobs if that so called "customer" complains to HR about them. To sum things up, I'm saying that if you would like to work at Home Depot I STRONGLY suggest going and working somewhere else unless you want to do at least 12 things at once and getting paid under $9.00 per hour. I feel that this information should be said and be made more aware because if a company does not treat their associates with respect and actually value them then what good is hiring humans? They make us smile and greet every customer who walks in the door and expects us to make the Home Depot customers for life, when instead I ask myself this before I greet anyone: "is it really worth it?" - And as a final note, this is America where I am entitled to my Freedom of Speech and I think that is absolutely great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

Another fine human being sucked in by home depots bull crap. Menards is the place to be. GO MENARDS!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Plannerdude in West Linn, Oregon

59 months ago

happyd in Ohio said: The hours keep getting cut, so it's impossible to give good
service - I feel your pain. How is morale at your store?
It isn't good at mine - gets worse as sales drop more and
more.

Hey even out here in Oregon, morale is dropping like a stone. There seems to be a new policy, anything no matter how trivial, you're fired. Customer complains, you're gone, caught texting on the job (like ASM's)you're gone. They are looking for anything to get rid of people, especially full timers. HD is trying to realign the FT to PT ratio is my understanding. We have a manager who lives in an alternate reality, there's no such thing as a bad VOC he just doen't acknowlege there could be anything wrong on his end. None of the associates trust him, why? Because he doesn't trust his people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Not only is the moral dropping like a stone, so is their stock. Menards is taking over. It wont be long and Home Depot will only be a memory. GO MENARDS!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

LALoesch in Arlington, Virginia

59 months ago

Tommorrow is my last day as part of the Fairfax, VA Home Depot MET team. Working from 6am to 3pm is okay. BUT...I'm glad to be leaving that place for an 8-5pm office job again.
Walking on concrete floors for 8 hours is really hard on your feet and back, plus the constant looking up into the overheads (we do a lot of striping, dropping down overhead, etc).

During the morning its easier cause the contractors usually know what they want often only need help locating stuff. There easy. Later on around 1:30-3:00 is when things get real interesting. This is when the many many clueless customers come in. I don't mind helping customers but sometimes they have no idea what they are looking for.

On top of that our Hardware team NEVER does any training. I've been with the company (second time) for four weeks. Nothing, no training. That makes it real difficult to hit the ground running. If you don't spend a lot of time in there stores, good luck as far as product knowledge and location.

If you don't mind getting up early and rotating between 6 stores; mine are 4603, 4608, 4605, 4640, 4639, & 4601; go right ahead and signup. The pay is good for retail though. 11.25 an hour is way better then Target, Walmart, etc. But there is still a lot of baggage to deal with.

Believe it or not, there is also quite a bit of of "racial tension" at many of the stores. I honestly think that the Alexandria / Pickett store has it out for anyone with a light skin tone.

The internal heiarchy of management also plays favorites as to who gets promoted. I swear that if you aren't a jerk or kiss someone's @ss you don't move up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ragamuffin in Severna Park, Maryland

58 months ago

I hope this poster gives us an update on this situation, if there is any. I work in the Maryland stores, and personally, I would call the AwareLine, but ALSO, call your District Manager and Human Resources Representative, both of which you can do anonymously. You can block your number if you like, and don't call from inside the store or on a break. Do it on your time. Just to cover your own butt in case the manager does get into trouble for it. Just make someone else aware of the situation that does not work in that store, and see what happens. I can't imagine it's too big of a deal unless the check actually gets returned for insufficient funds when submitted to the customer's bank.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

kermitthefrog in Fort Recovery, Ohio

57 months ago

if you work at HOME DEPOT, you HAVE to be a YES person. They don't like it when people challenge them. They consider that "disrespect" and having a "bad attitude" so you get written up for it. I am on my final warning because "I show a negative approach to dealing with things I don't agree with. Well, sh*t people, I have a brain--I AM allowed to use it! BUT, those in the store that suck at their job, who call off all the time, or late all the time, and even associates who tell vendors to shove it up their ass, THAT"S OKAY!! Different rules for different people. Who do you go to when everybody you need to talk to BLEEDS ORANGE?????? I CANT STAND THE IDIOCY OF THIS PLACE!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

I AGREE- DO NOT WORK AT HOME DEPOT. IT IS A TOTAL JOKE!!EVERTHING ANON IN MESA AZ SAYS IS TRUE! if you have work ethic and pride, they will RIP THAT FROM YOU. however, if you are lazy, have no work ethic and don't give a shi* about anything, then HOME DEPOT is the place for YOU.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Plannerdude in West Linn, Oregon said: Hey even out here in Oregon, morale is dropping like a stone. There seems to be a new policy, anything no matter how trivial, you're fired. Customer complains, you're gone, caught texting on the job (like ASM's)you're gone. They are looking for anything to get rid of people, especially full timers. HD is trying to realign the FT to PT ratio is my understanding. We have a manager who lives in an alternate reality, there's no such thing as a bad VOC he just doen't acknowlege there could be anything wrong on his end. None of the associates trust him, why? Because he doesn't trust his people.

hey, why don't you guys try "GAME SHIRT FRIDAYS" like we do in Ohio. They think THAT is the answer for morale.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

eddy said: i'm speaking of the home depot in toledo on airport highway

DOESN"T MATTER WHAT HOME DEPOT YOUR TALKING ABOUT---DON"T DO IT!! RUN, RUN, RUN, AS FAR AWAY FROM HD AS YOU CAN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

llama in you only want to know, American Samoa

57 months ago

Home Depot isn't like it was. I got a great Idea lets have one guy run 3 depts. That isn't stressfull. Then gets in trouble for his/her dept thats blown-up. Oh POWER HOUR>>>>> Cant use the JOHN<<< can't down stock, has to be there for customers that dosn't know the difference between a carriage bolt or a nail. They really need to clean house with the mgrs. Treat their Employess with respect then everything else will follow..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin99 in Victorville, California

57 months ago

That sounds so familier. I work at different location and they do the sa,e thing. I would post this on www.fedupemployees.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kevin99 in Victorville, California

57 months ago

You guys are all correct in your own way. Management want to get crap done. But how? Pull Miracles.... <<<<WHAT<<<< That might be your job Mr. manager. You go pull miracles. The rabbits refuse to come out of my but. BUT NOW I POST THIS ALL ON www.FEDupEMPLOYEES.com. Go try it... This website goes to the store level...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jamessuperstar

56 months ago

SJ in Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia said: Shay G: I also work at The Home Depot, and am concerned about the situation your friend has shared with you. Please know that individuals can contact our AwareLine, which is available to all current and former associates to report concerns related to their employment and to report compliance violations. Callers may choose to remain anonymous. The contact info for the AwareLine is posted on the communications bulletin board in or near the breakroom.

due to the required individual specifics in each case, the reports are very detailed. Therefore, the store knows who reported the aware line calls. They are required to deal with the problem and report back to corporate- be careful-

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

allthe in Thunder Bay, Ontario

55 months ago

Anon, in Mesa. You hit the nail on head, you get the Homer Award. Unless you are a bag licker, and skipping by your ASM, SM's side and agreeing with them you will not go far.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kermitthefrog in brunswick, Ohio

51 months ago

SJ in Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia said: Shay G: I also work at The Home Depot, and am concerned about the situation your friend has shared with you. Please know that individuals can contact our AwareLine, which is available to all current and former associates to report concerns related to their employment and to report compliance violations. Callers may choose to remain anonymous. The contact info for the AwareLine is posted on the communications bulletin board in or near the breakroom.

who are you kidding? the aware line is a JOKE! your setting yourself up to get terminated if you call the aware line. there is nothing anonymous about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

TWheel1701 in Avondale, Arizona

36 months ago

Home Depot's Success Sharing is a Joke. The managers get all of the money. They aren't very Successful at Sharing any with the employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

voltom05 in Alabama

34 months ago

kermitthefrog in brunswick, Ohio said: who are you kidding? the aware line is a JOKE! your setting yourself up to get terminated if you call the aware line. there is nothing anonymous about it.

THEY DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WHEN YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMEONE. THE PERSON IS STILL WORKING THERE AND INSTEAD HAS GOTTEN RID OF OTHER PEOPLE EXCEPT FOR THE CULPRIT. WHAT A JOKE IT IS AT HOME DEPOT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

CJ Mulberry in Reno, Nevada

34 months ago

eddy said: it wasent because of your sickness they got rid of you. They got rid of you because you were making more than mininum wage. Home depot is on borrowed time. Menards will be taking over soon

I agree 100% with this Eddy,I was let go last year for allegedly not helping a customer.The only problem was, this incident never took place & they told me about it a week after the non incident never ocurred! I believe they needed the week to concoct a fairy tale... I was making above minimum wage as well. Saving money for managers's bonuses & their shareholders is what HD managment is all about... What a bs co...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.