home depot sucks

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 77 of 77)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

Joe Blow in Stockton, California

48 months ago

Joey Mann in Calgary, Alberta said: I had a job interview with one of the managers I had a great chemistry with the managers at home depot and I answer the question theoretically about myself about how I'm good with making sure customers are satisfied and about my knowledge about hardware. Then i had a second interview and they pretty much asked the same questions and i smiled and answered them enthusiastically and in a positive manner. Then I find about from the supervisor that give me the second interview that she didn't hire me, because I was too chatty. It seems they to pretentiously hire people that are not so chatty. That's just how I and I can't help who I am. Its seem like this cooperate headmasters hire certain types of people just to make themselves like good and use them as they treat and neglect people. The employment system at home depot is terrible! And i bet you they discriminate against people for all types of reasons like disabilities, appearances, etc.

ASM's can override decisions of Department supervisors, I know because one person I interviewed I denied but the ASM overrides my decision and sends them for a background/ drug test, they turn up on both so they do not get the job. regardless the ASM had to agree with the DS so obviously your chemistry wasn't as great as you thought.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Blow in Stockton, California

48 months ago

voltom05 in Alabama said: THEY DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WHEN YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMEONE. THE PERSON IS STILL WORKING THERE AND INSTEAD HAS GOTTEN RID OF OTHER PEOPLE EXCEPT FOR THE CULPRIT. WHAT A JOKE IT IS AT HOME DEPOT .

please be more specific, for all I know, you complained about someone doing their job the way they are suppose to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

dar in Logan, Ohio

29 months ago

happyd in Ohio said: If you have a good management team you have better morale, which
customers notice. Happy customers tend to be repeat shoppers, which gives you a better chance to make sales plan, which, in
turn, creates even better morale.

The aware line is useless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

johndoe1980 in Home Depot Sucks, Georgia

29 months ago

disappointedinthedepot in Newport, Kentucky said: good for you !!! i just quit home depot after eleven years and what a relief !!!! go memnards and lowes

I was fired a year ago Nov 26 2012 and since then, my life has been stress free. I maybe working at Taco Bell part time till I find full time work, but the stress is gone since I left Hell Depot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

29 months ago

disne lopez in Monsey, New York said: i hate how managers show favoritism to certain employees. its very unfair. these employees get to do what ever they want and come in to work when ever they want. but when i ask for 2 days off they reject it and give me an attitude.

I asked for one weekend off a month every few weeks and a manager acted like it was either too much or I was requesting every weekend off or something, which was a lie! F Home Depot!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jack Kerouac in Newport News, Virginia

29 months ago

Home Depot gives out awards to people with less vigor than I or shall I say people in their little click. Also scheduling is bad and I don't have much of a team when I do my work. Also it took a year to give raises and they only gave me a small raise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

disappointedinthedepot in Newport, Kentucky said: good for you !!! i just quit home depot after eleven years and what a relief !!!! go memnards and lowes

Home Depot and Lowe's all work off corporate politics. Things go fine there and then one bad apple spoils the whole bunch. Be glad you quit Home Depot and if you work at Lowe's be careful there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rvo in Los Angeles, California

27 months ago

TWheel1701 in Avondale, Arizona said: Home Depot 's Success Sharing is a Joke. The managers get all of the money. They aren't very Successful at Sharing any with the employees.

Management receives their bonus due to what ever is left from the stores SCOP plan basically after all the bills are paid they spread the bonus. Success sharing towards employees is based on the stores total profit in the half year so if sales plan was 5 million and your store only made 4.8 guess what you missed sales plan hence your bonus is low, hard work pays off in any company if you want free money go to the corner and ask for it. Otherwise earn it by hard work dedication and if you want the bonuses like management move up the ranks you will get no where in life if you just sit and wait and not at least fight to get it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

jaialai1234 in Bronx, New York

27 months ago

eddy said: i'm speaking of the home depot in toledo on airport highway

I would have to agree with you that the success sharing is a bit of a joke. The company should keep that money that it puts out world wide in all the stores and use the money to hire predominate associates instead of a bunch of part time associates and give those associates hours with that money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Two people who basically were beating around the bush got promoted to ASM. They weren't ready for it and they were in HD's little group of friends.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sweetpea in Mesa, Arizona

25 months ago

I am in Mesa, AZ as well but work at another Phoenix area store. I have alot of garden experience, really a ton! I asked for garden, told them I wanted to be a garden associate.

The creepy manager told me the positions were all filled and he could only offer me cashier. Then he told me that he expected me to be super cheerful all the time, push credit applications so that I get several a week, as well as push the extended warrantees. Uh, that's not what my skills are but - oh, hey. I am a good looking female so yes, I get it. You think my education and looks will be a magic bullet for your looser personality. I thought I would give it a try but I am no cashier, let me tell you let alone a pushy one that will give you special bonus points.

Once I was hired I learned that 20 year old young men with NO, NO, NO!!! garden experience were hired at the very same time as me and were being paid more than me. Now, after a few weeks I see that I am busting a hump as a cashier while upwards of 4 or 5 of these lazy guys are just milling around pushing a broom a little bit.

I intend to quit this week. Oh, and did I tell you that customers like to provoke and insult cashiers? I cannot tell you how many men have tried to pick fights with me, or argue with me or just plain tell me that they don't like me. Honestly, I am a nice person and very laid back. I just wanted to earn some extra money to pay bills but this is very unhealthy. I can't allow myself to be abused for $9.00. And here's the kicker, where I am I will be the only one on the register while four or five other cashiers will stand around the self check out talking and goofing off. Thanks for such awesome management. You just lost a great employee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Yesterday, tow managers tried to fire me. So my result was that I had to resign. It's better to resign than be terminated. Some customer complained and did not want to shop there anymore because I shared past work experience. The managers sided with the customer and not the associate. I am pretty relieved that happened to me. Also, I did not appreciate three people with less experience and who slacked off got promoted to DS. Happy to be away from Home Depot. Also I have no reason to apply for Lowe's because I hear the same bs there as Home Depot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Workaholic in Bronx, New York

23 months ago

Home Depot is the worst place to work in Bronx, store 1221. The manager Jimmie, is not only racist against white people, Being white himself, But he's bipolar and a liar. He'll change your availability so you have to work whatever hours he wants when part timers can choose their hours. he over works people to make himself look good then fires the person who helped him. He locks himself in his office with the human resources girl and come out an hour later sweaty and smiling. She doesn't do her job to help workers yet get away with leaving work whenever she wants. She only hires black people. I'm not racist but she's not fair. They stole the 20% of my check I was putting in my 401k and now home office can't find it. It's bad enough he cuts all our hours to make his bottom line look good, but he also lies to the customers, answers rudely to them, and changes his mind every 30 seconds. he's not fit to be a store manager and one day he will piss off the wrong person on that job. Just Avoid working for Home Depot because they obviously don't care about the American public. They only care about their bottom line profits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

thebookofjac in Atlanta, Georgia

22 months ago

Well, this is the one job I'm glad I didn't get ... I applied online for an office position at the HD corporate headquarters in Atlanta. I almost didn't finish the application because it asked for my social security number and a blanket authorization to run criminal and credit checks in applying for the job. That was pretty creepy. But I was desperate for a job. Never heard from them anyway but I'm glad now because that's the location where the toddler was left to die in the car in the parking garage (made national news). His father worked there and now the cops are there even today trying to time out exactly how long it took for the child to die that way. The co-workers on the news have been very nonchalant about it. It's disturbing ... and so thanks universe for not giving me that job. But please, I would like one somewhere else ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Anybody over 22 working at Home Depot should be spending their free time applying for jobs elsewhere like USAJOBS. Working at Home Depot is very much like trying to untangle a badly knotted fishline which the same fisherman has been tangling. Sometime you have to just CUT BAIT! Also, if people are moving to working at Lowes from working at Home Depot, it can be like going from the frying pan to the fire.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

OverOrange in Alma, Michigan

11 months ago

SJ in Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia said: Shay G: I also work at The Home Depot , and am concerned about the situation your friend has shared with you. Please know that individuals can contact our AwareLine, which is available to all current and former associates to report concerns related to their employment and to report compliance violations. Callers may choose to remain anonymous. The contact info for the AwareLine is posted on the communications bulletin board in or near the breakroom.

The aware line is a joke. Home Depot know exactly who calls and when. I have horror stories of #2714.saginaw MICHIGAN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

11 months ago

I was with the Depot just shy of 11years. They let me go just shy of 11th anniversary. I was coming up on a large pay raise and five weeks vacation. I always had an O for outstanding on reviews... And mega rewards for leads and credit cards. I sold over $534.000 in sales as an appliance associate. This was in 2014. I was awarded plaques.. Coats.. Gift cards.. Homer bucks. Patches. VOC awards. What a joke. Cutting payroll. I milked em six months of unemployment because of their unlawful termination. Wasn't ok. Won't be OK. I am pleased to be gone and with a decent employer. Good luck to you and your friend

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

dsfsdreas in Stoughton, Massachusetts

11 months ago

TWheel1701 in Avondale, Arizona said: Home Depot 's Success Sharing is a Joke. The managers get all of the money. They aren't very Successful at Sharing any with the employees.

hahahahaha - $20 bonus - yahoooooo

Cricket in Toledo, Ohio

10 months ago

llama in Commerce Township, Michigan said: I say Run RUN away while you still can... Home Depot controls your life. I just told the SM that I am taking a college class and wait to up my career. Got in trouble for not "ASKING PERMISSION"? wtf I said, what I do out of Home Depot is none of your consern. Oh one week later I am out the door ummmmm..

Don't take it personally, whoever fired you must have seen you as a threat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dean Weller in Morris, Illinois

10 months ago

eddy said: it wasent because of your sickness they got rid of you. They got rid of you because you were making more than minimum wage. Home depot is on borrowed time. Menards will be taking over soon

I worked at Menards as a 1st Assist Receiving Manager. I can tell you from experience this is NOT the place to go. You get hours but at measly 12.00 an hour. Your raise is .10 every six months. Your Ips (profit sharing) is 2% your first few years. That's about $500 US. We've been told to tell our MT's that we make 67k a year. This is not true. We make about 38k take home. Our second assist GM was working for the company for 25 years. Degreed the whole 9. His take home was 47k. When you become a manager you work 12 hour shifts with sometimes as little as three hours between shifts depending on your department and store. A lot of people will tell you this violates federal law but that contract you signed when you first started negates it. Look at your inter company opportunities. Ever wonder why there is always a management opening and how frequently they have an opening. That's because when people become management they realize its a scam. I got out after a near death experience. I was diagnosed this winter with pneumonia due to the cold and my lack of sleep. I was told I could take "a day" off to recover. Then in May just before my birthday I almost got into a head on collision because I almost fell asleep at the wheel. The guy that trained me had heart failure while in the store. His blood pressure was so high it destroyed his heart. He always said he needed to get out because his job was killing him. Eventually it did and that's when I really decided to quit. I quit at the beginning of July. I was sick of being lied to. When I found a job everyone (other managers) including the head recieving (which you might know is the next in line to make assist GM) asked me to put a good word in for them. Menards is NOT the place to be. Find any job but retail.

9 months ago

OverOrange in Alma, Michigan said: I was with the Depot just shy of 11years. They let me go just shy of 11th anniversary. I was coming up on a large pay raise and five weeks vacation. I always had an O for outstanding on reviews... And mega rewards for leads and credit cards. I sold over $534.000 in sales as an appliance associate . This was in 2014. I was awarded plaques.. Coats.. Gift cards .. Homer bucks. Patches. VOC awards. What a joke. Cutting payroll. I milked em six months of unemployment because of their unlawful termination. Wasn't ok. Won't be OK. I am pleased to be gone and with a decent employer. Good luck to you and your friend

I was at Home Depot just shy of 8 years. They sucked. The tool rental I worked at has gotten worse since I was let go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

I had one former coworker basically clue me in that I should have kept my mouth shut since tool rental had a hole in the schedule that day when the manager in charge knew about it after I told me and I went above his head to hr about my lunch. My coworker thinks that, that was the reason they really fired me even though they couldn't but find other reasons to build on the do so like customer complaints. I checked with atlanta to see if I could reapply and rehired and they said no due to misconduct. In a sense I'm glad that I will never worked there again from the way the store and company is run. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. I knew why from a customer complaint that I was fired for at the end of my shift after making me work the whole day. I hope that customer is happy for costing me my job just two months shy of 8 years and the manager that gave me three out of 4 write ups. Thanks for promoting me to customer now because now I can screw you out of a job like you did to me. I told my coworker by no saying anything about lunch and just keeping shut, they are just as bad as the management is. I didn't sign nothing on the way out therefore winning unemployment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

CaliKid in Los Angeles, California

8 months ago

Boy oh boy I don't even know where to start.HD is the worse place I have EVER worked. Store 6611 is a big bleeping joke. Either some of the employees were sleeping with one of the ASM or kissing major behind. I don't care what any of you people say that go against a union because I have called that so-called awareness line and they don't do diddly squat. Not to mention my store was giving customers $50 off of their purchase just for them to sign up for an HD card. But I had no clue that we were not supposed to do that they were only offering $50 off because they were desperate for credit. And whenever a customer opens up a HD card managers get more money in their pockets but the employees don't get nothing oh wait if your lucky you might get an HD hat lol wooow. OH and they made up a postion that doesn't even exist for a girl that worked in my store they gave her a so-called credit card captain position and what they did was they put her down as if she worked in the paint department and is now paying her more money I guess they had to find away to be sneaky about it.Oh and I forgot to add how lazy alot of the Head cashiers can be there are two cousins who work together and one day I had an issue with one of them and her cousin almost cussed me out when it had nothing to do with her to began with. Oh and I had one customer tried to get me fired after she was holding up my line making other customers angry with her because she was causing a big scene for nothing this lady called me the B word and my manager did absolutely nothing he just let this lady disrespect me I am so glad that I am not there anymore. That company really put me through a lot of unnecessary drama it really messed up emotionally because I was so hppy to have a job there. If you don't have happy employees that means you will not have happy customers. I also would get some understanding customers tellng me to leave thats a big sign when you people telling you it's time to go.

8 months ago

Store 2714.in Saginaw Mich is a joke. I can't say a good thing about it and lies and deceit and screwing over others. They suck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Raindaddy in Midland, Michigan

5 months ago

Worked for HD for 6 years as an ASM without a single issue or write-up, etc. A new SM arrives and all of a sudden I'm the worst POS ever. He wrote me up on a coaching and a counseling for issues that don't even exist (I know, because I kept copies of their regulations for future use against them). He fired me two weeks before I was set to get a very large bonus. In addition, I'm over 50 years old and was replaced by a 29 year old that was a part-timer just 8 months ago...went from part-time party animal college kid to DH to ASM in a few months...why? He's dating the former SM's daughter...I also don't drink with him, hang out with him, etc. Fought with District HR, who is worthless, and Atlanta HR, who wouldn't listen. The SM is the worst back-stabbing SOB I've ever seen in all my years. He and I would argue because he ordered me to "get rid of" three of my DH's because they didn't fit his stereotypical young male pretty boy...guy needs to rot in hell.

Over Orange in Alma, Michigan

5 months ago

Raindaddy...I know of a few associates who worked for the Midland store. I worked full-time at 2779/2714. My error was transferring to Bay Road. 2714...being an over fifty Caucasian female. They were angry with me for reporting a black Dept head who untied the females aprons and dragged down the aisles by our arms. I was awarded plaques and awards for voc and sales and credit and leads. We too had a pretty boy suck up who came in as a college kid and was promoted to key carrier before he was only a DH.??? Age 21...he was schmoozing with a female asm is well. She is all of twenty six. It is disgusting how this company operates. I am fortunate that corporate worked with me. Said my termination was a store decision. I know. Because I reported someone who was manhandling the females. I am interested in hearing more. Contact me here.... Please. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Over Orange in Alma, Michigan

5 months ago

I can be reached at several media sites. Happy to provide email and celll. Contact me here. We need to Be a voice!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.