home depot.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

disgruntled in Chandler, Arizona

112 months ago

I just quit home depot as a manager. Don't apply there; it's a horrible place. You only get paid for 40 hours, and they work you 70. Don't do it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

j in Grand Blanc, Michigan

112 months ago

lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes lowes www.lowes.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

You'll only understand, in Franklin, Massachusetts

110 months ago

disgruntled in Chandler, Arizona said: I just quit home depot as a manager. Don't apply there; it's a horrible place. You only get paid for 40 hours, and they work you 70. Don't do it.

I question how this allowed, why is there such a turn over, is it that the asm's and managers only want to put HD on their resumes?
It is impossible to continue to maintain a healthy and positive home life with those amount of hours. If the store is over hours and payroll must be cut, the job still has to get done therefore the asm's are placed in that position to complete. Isn't that against the law? I thought so...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yes Indeed

110 months ago

disgruntled in Chandler, Arizona said: I just quit home depot as a manager. Don't apply there; it's a horrible place. You only get paid for 40 hours, and they work you 70. Don't do it.

Check state law and do some math: Even on salary (vs hourly wages), if an employee works enough hours each week to dip below that state's minimum wage, the employer must make up the difference. Example: If that state's minimum wage is $7.00/Hour and a manager works 70 hours, ($7.00/Hour x 70 hours = $490.00 Gross), but only gets paid $10.00/Hour x 40 hours = $400.00 Gross), by law the employer must pay the employee the difference ($490.00 - $400.00 = $90.00), otherwise, the math is as follows: $400.00/Week, divided by 70 Hours = $5.71/Hour Average Pay that Week. Even "exempt" employees have rights.

Next, there are other qualifying tests for managers that if they are not met, the employee must be paid hourly, not salary. You must check yourself, but managing two or more people 50% or more of your day is a means test, including whether the manager does a certain percentage of non-managerial work, which class action lawsuits have been successful in winning. If you do the same work as those under you, and do it often enough, you should be paid hourly wages.

It's that simple, but you should do your own research, document, act before the statute of limitations expires, and always get a lawyer, never defend yourself, and look into the possibility of a class action lawsuit. Stick it to them, because you won't get a second chance, and like me, I've been burned several times now and won't let them get away with it this last time. Thanks for the horror story, and good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.