I worked for Hd for 51/2 years and it is not the great company they claim to be

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Amy in Atlanta, Michigan

115 months ago

Let me tell ya, I worked for HD for 51/2 yrs. and they have the lowest moral I have ever encountered in a work situation....They train the DH's to be backstabbers and if they do it they suffer also...The entire time I worked for HD I had never had a bad review, I was ackonwledged by the manager (GARY Quick) as having been an excellent worker and an assit the company...Once Gary left we got a new manager who in turn made people feel worthless and not up to standard in their job...My last review was something like this: I left all my work for my co-workers, was never in the area that I was supposed to be in, and caused more trouble than he has ever seen....Oh and the best part, the new manager even had "pictures' of me standing around doing nothing...I tried to take instride but let me tell you that was a slap in the face if there ever was one....I helped all my co-workers when needed, I gave excellent customer service...I even had contractors and everyday customers who would deal only w/ me as they thought that I was the only one as they felt I was the only one who knew what to do at the Service Desk...If they had to deal the DH or other workers, they left and came back when I was there....So as far as trying to get a job at good old Hd please be aware of the stress that it involves and the back stabbing....Better to apply at McDonalds.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Atlanta, Michigan

115 months ago

="Amy"]Let me tell ya, I, (amy) worked for HD for 51/2 yrs. and they have the lowest moral I have ever encountered in a work situation....They train the DH's to be backstabbers and if they do it they suffer also...The entire time I worked for HD I had never had a bad review, I was ackonwledged by the manager (GARY Quick) as having been an excellent worker and an assit the company...Once Gary left we got a new manager who in turn made people feel worthless and not up to standard in their job...My last review was something like this: I left all my work for my co-workers, was never in the area that I was supposed to be in, and caused more trouble than he has ever seen....Oh and the best part, the new manager even had "pictures' of me standing around doing nothing...I tried to take instride but let me tell you that was a slap in the face if there ever was one....I helped all my co-workers when needed, I gave excellent customer service...I even had contractors and everyday customers who would deal only w/ me as they thought that I was the only one as they felt I was the only one who knew what to do at the Service Desk...If they had to deal the DH or other workers, they left and came back when I was there....So as far as trying to get a job at good old Hd please be aware of the stress that it involves and the back stabbing....Better to apply at McDonalds.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Karenia in Atlanta, Georgia

115 months ago

I disagree, HD is a very very busy company, so you have to be very persistent in trying to get a job with them. I worked for HD for nearly 2 years and even though there was bad times, the good times far outweighed them. I thoroughly enjoyed my time with HD and encourage anyone who SERIOUSLY love the retail/HOME IMPROVEMENT industry to give them a try.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

SS in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

115 months ago

I also worked from HD and i was treated very badly for all the hard work that i put in for them. It is High School all over again if you KNOW WHAT I MEAN. And no one is there to be nice at all. After being used for 2 years and watching Men that new less about the company and the products move up the chain why i was kept doing there work in the long run for them but not given the respect or advancement i should of. They are a sexist company and need to understand times have changed.

marc in Bay City, MI in Flint, Michigan

115 months ago

I would not work for HD. They let me go after 89 days. I found out that I was filling in for someone who was in Jail for 90 days. Apply to Burger King they are a better company to work for.

hotwater

114 months ago

Amy said: Let me tell ya, I worked for HD for 51/2 yrs. and they have the lowest moral I have ever encountered in a work situation....They train the DH's to be backstabbers and if they do it they suffer also...The entire time I worked for HD I had never had a bad review, I was ackonwledged by the manager (GARY Quick) as having been an excellent worker and an assit the company...Once Gary left we got a new manager who in turn made people feel worthless and not up to standard in their job...My last review was something like this: I left all my work for my co-workers, was never in the area that I was supposed to be in, and caused more trouble than he has ever seen....Oh and the best part, the new manager even had "pictures' of me standing around doing nothing...I tried to take instride but let me tell you that was a slap in the face if there ever was one....I helped all my co-workers when needed, I gave excellent customer service...I even had contractors and everyday customers who would deal only w/ me as they thought that I was the only one as they felt I was the only one who knew what to do at the Service Desk...If they had to deal the DH or other workers, they left and came back when I was there....So as far as trying to get a job at good old Hd please be aware of the stress that it involves and the back stabbing....Better to apply at McDonalds.
what are you doing there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

munchkin in Douglasville, Georgia

114 months ago

Folks,

what I have learned is that business is chaos and why should HD be any different?

The Munchkin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.