How to get a job at Home Instead Senior Care.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (20)

Host

Do you work at Home Instead Senior Care? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

juanita glass in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

104 months ago

How do I apply with your company,am CNA certified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (66) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Teresa L. Bland in New Haven, Connecticut

103 months ago

I AM INTERESTED IN A POSITION WITH YOUR FACILITY.I AM A CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

Ellie Mae in Sun City, California

103 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Home Instead Senior Care? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

I applied with this company a few months ago. The 2 owners have an extremely lengthy interview process. They had me come in twice for 2 hours each, and then nothing. I would be surprised if anyone gets a job after jumping through all their hoops.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (62) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

valerieshultz in Sioux City, Iowa

98 months ago

I really like working with the little elderly.I have done it for 21 years.I was a C.N.A. in the Nurse Home and in Home Health Care hear in Sioux City Iowa And inPendleton Oregen.I was train at Western Iowa Teacfor a C.N.A. and a Med.teac. But sense then i have not work for 4 years because of my fuse ankle but the doctors say i can work part time for 4-6 hours at a time. So i would like to work for this com.I am very hard worker.I love to be buss Thank you for your time .Hpoe to hear form you very soom .I can go to work right a way , i just can work on Sunday because i go to chuch. Tank You very much Valerie Shultz

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

LARRY GILL in Garland, Texas

96 months ago

I amcurrently a student at EL Centro college studing to become an lvn and also have worked for the VA medical Center for 3 years. I love workung with the elderly I would like to know more about working for your company . please get in touch with me for more. Information thank you for your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

LARRY GILL in Garland, Texas

96 months ago

Teresa L. Bland in New Haven, Connecticut said: I AM INTERESTED IN A POSITION WITH YOUR FACILITY.I AM A CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT.

I am not certified I am in college pursuing associatea degree innurseing I have worked 3 years at the VA medical as a nurses assistance I am currently studing lvn classes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

LARRY GILL in Garland, Texas

96 months ago

patrice sims in Oakland, California said: I took care of my grandmother and miss doind that, I know that its people out there that need people to take care of them.

I also took care of my mother before God took her home to heavenI bathed her and gave her medication and watched over her nightly making sure she was breathing correctly and there was no complications or no discoloration of the skin.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

karontate in Plano, Texas

95 months ago

Hi I just moved here form Arkansas where I work with in a geri unit. That A place where people have all types of mental illness. I have a passion for my elderly people. I love to help them an talk to them etc... That unit where I worked for about 2 too 3 years was a locked down unit. Iam now currently looking for a home health position. I hope that I obtain what I am looking for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Kathy in Huntsville, Alabama

88 months ago

Teresa L. Bland in New Haven, Connecticut said: I AM INTERESTED IN A POSITION WITH YOUR FACILITY.I AM A CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT.

Iam interested ... but havent heard any news yet .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Metamora, Illinois

62 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Home Instead Senior Care? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

I worked for Home Instead for 3 1/2 years, and am currently in the process of returning to work for them. I just filled out an application, had my references (5 I think) checked, a clean driving record -- I don't remember if there was a drug test or not.
I started training while my references were being checked. At Home Instead, they cannot guarrantee hours right away, so I thought I might have to wait a long time, but they found a match for me sooner than I expected. I worked 15 hrs per week for a regular client and then added another at 6 hours a week. When I left for an office job, I was doing 26 - 30 hours per week. I am looking forward to going back to Home Instead. Great people to work for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MONIQUINHA1062 in Middle Island, New York

59 months ago

do you remember what your starting hourly pay was?
thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Metamora, Illinois

59 months ago

It was 5 years ago, so I don't remember exactly. I can say that they were slightly above minimum wage. I think I was at 8.25 or 8.50 when I left after 3.5 years. Minimum wage in your area may be different for Illinois. It's good supplemental income, but you can't really support yourself on it. BTW I didn't go back to work for them, after all. I got a part time office job instead--it pays a little better and I had experience in that area too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Fudgesundayz in Rogers, Arkansas

47 months ago

I actually do work with Home Instead. I had applied online through one of these job search engines and after a few days I called the local office to see about my application and to check that they really do look at the applicants. When I called they looked it up and later that day I got an interview scheduled. The interview was about 2 hours if that because they ask you questions, do an immediate drug test with their nurse on staff at the locatin, and have you watch a video about what exactly you'll be doing so they know you'll be comfortable with accepting the position. Then they set you up for orientation which is a few hours of more in depth video training and they will call you when they have clients. You can pick and choose your days. For example if a client needs a caregiver 4 days a week but you can only work 2, you can choose what 2 and they will give the other 2 to someone else. I really enjoy myself working with them. Just be honest and really up beat and positive during the interview! Also, no direct experience necessary. I've had all management retail positions and I got the job. Plus, since it's non medical, I didn't have to be a CNA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fudgesundayz in Rogers, Arkansas

47 months ago

juanita glass in Hattiesburg, Mississippi said: How do I apply with your company,am CNA certified.

I applied through job search engines like indeed and jobs.com and such. Thats how I got the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

donna5467 in Lisbon, Ohio

35 months ago

I was set up for an interview today at the N. Canton, Ohio office. I was called 1 1/2 hours prior to my interview and told that THEY felt that I would be driving too far. I have been used to driving 45 minutes+ to work for over 20 years. I did not even apply to this office but to the Louisville, Ohio office which is about half the distance from me. I attempted to explain that I had no difficulty travelling and was looking for just part-time. Julie, at the N Canton office did not want to listen and basically told me "Oh, well." It is very poor employer etiquette to cancel an interview at the last minute and for no valid reason.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

donna5467 in Lisbon, Ohio

35 months ago

Ellie Mae in Sun City, California said: I applied with this company a few months ago. The 2 owners have an extremely lengthy interview process. They had me come in twice for 2 hours each, and then nothing. I would be surprised if anyone gets a job after jumping through all their hoops.

I had a similar experience with their poor etiquette.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

N Cooper in Chillicothe, Illinois

35 months ago

Just keep in mind that these are franchises. There are certain regulations that apply to all the offices, but the ownership and management (and your treatment) can differ greatly from one office to another.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

keisha in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

5 months ago

Fudgesundayz in Rogers, Arkansas said: I actually do work with Home Instead. I had applied online through one of these job search engines and after a few days I called the local office to see about my application and to check that they really do look at the applicants. When I called they looked it up and later that day I got an interview scheduled. The interview was about 2 hours if that because they ask you questions, do an immediate drug test with their nurse on staff at the locatin, and have you watch a video about what exactly you'll be doing so they know you'll be comfortable with accepting the position. Then they set you up for orientation which is a few hours of more in depth video training and they will call you when they have clients. You can pick and choose your days. For example if a client needs a caregiver 4 days a week but you can only work 2, you can choose what 2 and they will give the other 2 to someone else. I really enjoy myself working with them. Just be honest and really up beat and positive during the interview! Also, no direct experience necessary. I've had all management retail positions and I got the job. Plus, since it's non medical, I didn't have to be a CNA .

What kind of drud screen did they perform?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

keisha in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

5 months ago

What kind of drug screen did they perform?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.