How to get a job at Honeywell Technology Solutions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (34)

Host

Do you work at Honeywell Technology Solutions? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Jake in Elyria, Ohio

112 months ago

Any jobs in Cleveland? Which facility can I call to try and set up an interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ralph in Charleston, South Carolina

112 months ago

Jake,

Of course this is the normal practice for virtually every company in the defense/aerospace sector! In most cases the only way you can apply is via the internet (and most of the applications are simply tossed out by a computerized screening program), so you're very lucky if an actual human even gets to skim over it!

And unless you know someone on the inside, there's virtually no chance of following up via phone/email.

Honeywell is probably no better/worse than any other company in this regard; they get thousands of applications each day and there is just no way to effectively or efficiently review all of them. Yes, your first instinct is to think that they're missing out on good people like you, but at the end of the day, the position gets filled, the job gets done, and the company rolls on.

It's certainly frustrating, best of luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jake in Elyria, Ohio

112 months ago

Very well said, Ralph! I know this all too well, been applying for jobs for a few years. I too realize about how the resumes get tossed. I should have quit the internet application thing long time ago.

All the time during my job hunt I have cold called to find the hiring managers,VP's, whoever will help me, etc. Even then it is rough to get them to network with a stranger like me.

Role on Big O! (If you have been around a few years you'll know that phrase)
:-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Redlands, California

112 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Honeywell Technology Solutions? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?
Any advice for someone trying to get in?
I interviewed for this position and was turned down. I had everything except hands on international experience. Most of the customers for this position are overseas, and they want to make sure that the selected candidate has overseas experience beyond visiting and delegating. They are looking for someone with enough experience to critique their manufacturing, design, quality and supply base, to make suggestions, improvements, to challenge the status quo. Make your resume sound like you have done something similar and you will get an interview. Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mary in Arizona

112 months ago

Their HR department is screwed up. The corporate people in Phoenix don't let the field offices hire/manage their own people, or even know their businesses. They are really short sighted. They spin off the non profitable units but profitable units -- like selling aerospace technology to China they focus on. Can't wait until the Chineese planes start coming out. You don't want to work for them. I have seen a lot of aerospace companies -- and this is the worst. The prevailing attitude in Phoenix seems to be 'we have a stick up our ***'.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jake_ee in North Ridgeville, Ohio

112 months ago

Thank you for links Rita. :-)

How are jobs and the economy there? How would I go about moving to Belgium to find a job as an Electrical Engineer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

San Jose California in Fremont, California

109 months ago

Mary in Arizona said: Their HR department is screwed up. The corporate people in Phoenix don't let the field offices hire/manage their own people, or even know their businesses. They are really short sighted. They spin off the non profitable units but profitable units -- like selling aerospace technology to China they focus on. Can't wait until the Chineese planes start coming out. You don't want to work for them. I have seen a lot of aerospace companies -- and this is the worst. The prevailing attitude in Phoenix seems to be 'we have a stick up our ***'.

I did a phone interview then never heard anything again. The HR guy said I did well on the interview but again.......big black hole. This is why they are still trying to hirer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Overland Park, Kansas

108 months ago

All I know is that I've spent the last 6 weeks interviewing with 5 different people for a marketing job here. They told me 5 days ago that they would have a decision by end of day... but then called and said they'd narrowed it down to 2 candidates & I was one of the 2.

I still haven't heard if I got the position or not. I just checked and this position just got listed (again) yesterday. So I'm now trying to figure out if I have wasted my time, or if it automatically renewed.

How long does it take them to make a decision????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jake_EE in Elyria, Ohio

108 months ago

I have encountered the same thing. I don’t want to sound bitter or like I have a bad attitude, but
you know what I think? I think these people that interviewed you have no intention in hiring you. They were probably hired because they are family and friends. They have to pretend these jobs exist, place job ads, then interview people. How else can they justify their job ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

O_o in Stockbridge, Georgia

108 months ago

Tiffany in Overland Park, Kansas said: All I know is that I've spent the last 6 weeks interviewing with 5 different people for a marketing job here. They told me 5 days ago that they would have a decision by end of day... but then called and said they'd narrowed it down to 2 candidates & I was one of the 2.

I still haven't heard if I got the position or not. I just checked and this position just got listed (again) yesterday. So I'm now trying to figure out if I have wasted my time, or if it automatically renewed.

How long does it take them to make a decision????

Same thing happened to me. They strung me along for weeks, gave me the exact same "decision by the end of the day" line, and then did not respond when I tried to follow up. They're a joke, but unfortunately, the company will be around for a long time because they make so much money from government contracts (those are OUR tax dollars, by the way!).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

O_o in Stockbridge, Georgia

108 months ago

Jake_EE in Elyria, Ohio said: I have encountered the same thing. I don’t want to sound bitter or like I have a bad attitude, but
you know what I think? I think these people that interviewed you have no intention in hiring you. They were probably hired because they are family and friends. They have to pretend these jobs exist, place job ads, then interview people. How else can they justify their job ?

That explanation might hold up for a small or medium-sized family-owned business, but Honeywell is a massive company with tens of thousands of employees all over the world. It is about who you know, but I don't think the "family and friends" explanation applies here. The problem with Honeywell, as Mary in Arizona has already stated, is that they do not allow their local divisions/field offices to make hiring deicisions. All that has to go through their division headquarters, who might take a look at the budget for that particular quarter or year and deicide it would be too expensive to hire another person!

I DO, however, believe they advertise for jobs that do not yet exist. They post openings that they NEED, but I'm guessing that if they don't get enough funding via the contract or if the funding is delayed, they don't hire anyone for the position. In the case that they already interviewed you, they might just keep your stuff on file in case they actually get funding and are able to hire.

Overall, their recruitment is really, really shameful. I hope I'm in a position one day where I can grill someone who was employed at Honeywell. That would be interesting!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jake_EE in Elyria, Ohio

108 months ago

True O_o in Stockbridge, I'll take a hit on responding prematurely with my words.

I agree with you about small and mid-sized companies staying tightly connected with family and friends.

The reason I mentioned the family and friends thing is because I personally know someone who works at Honeywell. This person told me how the Technicians at their specific repair facility formed a review board to look at resumes and forward to Phoenix.

To make a long story short (I don’t know the details of the review meetings anyway) the people hired were the Technicians’ family and friends. Their resumes were forwarded to Phoenix for processing and job offers.

Anyway the stranger on the street like me or Mary can not win, can we? Either corporate red tape or local office nepotism. Hah.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Lenexa, Kansas

108 months ago

Well guys... after 7 weeks and 5 interviews they finally called. I didn't get it.

On the up-side, though, there's another position they want to consider me for within the same pay scale.

I just hope it doesn't involve another long, drawn out interview processw only to also end in a "thanks, but no" phone call.

We'll see... and I'll keep you posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Lenexa, Kansas

108 months ago

Ok so now that I know I didn't get the one job, almost everyone I interviewed with has come forward encouraging me to go after another position they have open. I got an email from the District Manager to see if I was interested and I replied that I was... and could I get more details? I also asked if I'd have to go through the interview process again?

That was yesterday morning. Still nothing back.

It's like they're playing with my emotions... unintentionally, I'm sure. I know how busy people can be at work (I know how busy *I* get anyway)... but it's so hard to be the person waiting to hear back when it's your career on the line...

I'll just keep waiting... I'm still looking elsewhere, of course, but hopefully they'll get back to me in time not to lose me. :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

ManyJobsZeroCall in Phoenix, Arizona

108 months ago

This is sad, and basically every SINGLE company is doing this to torture the jobseekers... Good thing I am not anticipated everytime I get an interview after learning a harsh lesson... Besides, you know when they are interested in you or not from the reaction after the interview was over. I HATE THOSE EXPRESSIONS that make you feel like you wanted to puke right in front of their door... Spending all days and nights, typing and clicking just to get an interview... Then, dressing up and pumping some gas just to show up for interview. And then, wait for days after day until you heard one thing... We're truly sorry, BEST WISHES!
... Gosh, the only thing I can rely on now is this 3 simple words: "DON'T GIVE UP". Hope it does the trick and worth the dang effort at the end. I might as well start a lame job and get promoted and forget about my piece of BS toilet paper from the university.

If it keeps thing at this pace, I think I should be an English teacher in some other countries... For god's sakes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jake_EE in Elyria, Ohio

108 months ago

Sorry to hear about that BS Tiffany.

Sometimes I get the feeling the non-college people that we talk to in HR or Technicians in my field are just plain jealous and think, 'Let's mess with that loser college boy that doesn't have a job." You know bosses can be jealous of some workers, do things to keep their manager status. hah. Sorry for ranting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Lenexa, Kansas

108 months ago

I know I keep posting and giving you all an update -- by now you're probably sick & tired of my issues!

But get this -- the District Manager emails me yesterday and give me her mobile # and asks me to call her "anytime after 7am" today. I told her I'd call around 8am. I called and left her a voicemail at 7:55am, then sent her an email around 8:25am. No response.

I don't get it... I really don't get it. Do they want me on their team or don't they? I know the DM has to catch a flight at 10am, so I have 45 min of waiting time left. But what happens then? Do I just keep waiting to hear back, or do I brush this company off? It's getting ridiculous.

To any & all that read this... thanks for letting me vent. I apologize for any ranting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jake_EE in Elyria, Ohio

108 months ago

Tiffany, understandable. This forum gives us some relief (at least for me).
I enjoy reading about your experiences.
I think these bosses, ceo's, etc. are getting too big for their britches.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

O_o

108 months ago

Tiffany in Lenexa, Kansas said: I know I keep posting and giving you all an update -- by now you're probably sick & tired of my issues!

But get this -- the District Manager emails me yesterday and give me her mobile # and asks me to call her "anytime after 7am" today. I told her I'd call around 8am. I called and left her a voicemail at 7:55am, then sent her an email around 8:25am. No response.

I don't get it... I really don't get it. Do they want me on their team or don't they? I know the DM has to catch a flight at 10am, so I have 45 min of waiting time left. But what happens then? Do I just keep waiting to hear back, or do I brush this company off? It's getting ridiculous.

To any & all that read this... thanks for letting me vent. I apologize for any ranting.

Ranting is OK. I don't know how these people live with themselves sometimes. It takes only a minute to type and send a short email, or touch base by phone! NOBODY is so busy as to not have time to do that at some point in the day!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

David Tarapacki

107 months ago

I worked for Honeywell in Tempe as a manpower employee as
a material handler. I was there 6 months when I was able to
bid on a permanant position. I was interviewed and a short
time later was offered the position of a material handler.
The offer they gave me was a low ball offer and after I
asked them for a better offer they walked me out the door.
No further conversation, no reason for their actions.
The management there has no idea what it takes to get the
right people hired and Human Resources is even worse. My
leadman gave me a great letter of recommendation, because
he knew what it took to get the job done, and he appreciated
my efforts as an individual and as a team player. People who
work there told me that the place has fallen apart since
Honeywell took over the operations a few years back. They are
short sighted and only the kiss-ass, yes man people are
promoted

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tiffany in Overland Park, Kansas

107 months ago

Well... after weeks and weeks, I have finally been given an offer. I'm starting there in August. Hopefully it will turn out to be a really good experience. I'm excited about the team (I've met all the higher ups) and hope that the shine on this new penny doesn't wear off too soon! :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

O_o in Thomaston, Georgia

107 months ago

Congrats Tiffany, best of luck, please let us know if you're treated better as an employee than you were treated as a candidate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jade Ocean in Clearwater, Florida

107 months ago

I have been a Honeywell contractor through Manpower in Clearwater,FL for over 2 years now. Firstly, I was brought in to do a job that had nothing to do with my 10 years of experience. They started with a 90 day contract, then extended another 90 days, then 6 months, then 6 months, another 6 months. SUPPOSEDLY, it is against HI's policy to contract beyond 2 years, but guess who's still there? When I got disillusioned with the place and started going on interviews, they opened up a req (approved by Arizona) and suggested I go for it. I am now in the middle of the hiring process now, but even that experience is frustrating at best. They have also low-balled me, offering less than I was making on the contract and when I submitted a very strong and convincing counter-offer, was flat out denied with like 30 minutes. The general vibe at HI is they have little to no respect for their employees and if you're used to being assertive and pro-ctive, then you will have a hard time as the place is so huge that it is next to impossible to get things done, change things for the better. Many people there have been there forever and do absolutely nothing to the bare minimum that they can get away with. It really makes me sick, to be honest. But, they're in the business of war, and since when has anything been efficient (accept the killing part) in war? Honeywell likes to keep candidates in their back pocket to submit with proposals and bids on contracts. As many DOD and Aerospace contracts require manpower quotas, # of types of degrees on teams, etc. It doesn't mean that they're actually going to use any of those people.

David Tarapacki said: I worked for Honeywell in Tempe as a manpower employee as
a material handler...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JamesNoel

106 months ago

Honeywell in Spokane is a joke. They called me for an interview then cancelled 1 hour before. I have called everyday for 2 months to reschedule and they never return your call. The loser woman in HR has yet to answer her phone. Who hired her dumb ass?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

warpedmusicalpulltoy in Phoenix, Arizona

105 months ago

hey mary they sound as bad as boeing in mesa where they are exploiting workers too

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

XX learn qucklyXX in Lombard, Illinois

105 months ago

Anyone in the Chicago Area might want to try a company that helped me and a few of my co-workers get great jobs!!! They treated us very well. Most agencies treat you like a number because they have quotas and the all mighty dollar is what they look for. We went to alot of agencies and they could have cared less about finding us a "real" job. It's horrible when you are not treated right.

Try Strategic Talent in the Chicago area. They were very nice to me and treated me excellent.

This is the email of the recruiter that we all used. She was great to work with.
hr.strategictalent@yahoo.com Her name is Jeanna.
Send your resume and tell them what kind of job you are looking for.

Hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

broccoli in Southampton, Pennsylvania

104 months ago

"Thank you for your interest in the position of XXXXXXXXX. We are always interested in considering talented people for career opportunities with our organization.

However, at this time we have filled the position successfully or we have canceled it. Please continue to use the Honeywell Careers Site to search and apply for jobs of interest to you.

We wish you every success in your career endeavors.

Sincerely,

Honeywell Staffing"

They clog my inbox!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

millyredfern in Rockford, Illinois

71 months ago

well i submitted an application an got an phone interview within a week.so obviously somebody here has no ideal of what their talking about.You dont have to know someone to get in.They just know what an who they want working for them.After all so many people these days have mental issues etc.Education means nothing without common sense to go along with it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tlp82 in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

71 months ago

59

milly redfern in Rockford, Illinois said: well i submitted an application an got an phone interview within a week.so obviously somebody here has no ideal of what their talking about.You dont have to know someone to get in.They just know what an who they want working for them.After all so many people these days have mental issues etc.Education means nothing without common sense to go along with it.

hi milly i'm trying to get in contact with a recruiter from honeywell do you have any information for me? tlp01595@msn.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

tlp82 in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

71 months ago

Jim in Redlands, California said: I interviewed for this position and was turned down. I had everything except hands on international experience. Most of the customers for this position are overseas, and they want to make sure that the selected candidate has overseas experience beyond visiting and delegating. They are looking for someone with enough experience to critique their manufacturing, design, quality and supply base, to make suggestions, improvements, to challenge the status quo. Make your resume sound like you have done something similar and you will get an interview. Good luck

Hi Jim I wondering...who is your recruiter??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Baboom in Singapore, Singapore

66 months ago

Tiffany in Overland Park, Kansas said: Well... after weeks and weeks, I have finally been given an offer. I'm starting there in August. Hopefully it will turn out to be a really good experience. I'm excited about the team (I've met all the higher ups) and hope that the shine on this new penny doesn't wear off too soon! :-)

Hi Tiffany, may I ask how long did it take Honeywell to make an offer to you from your last interview session with them?
FYI, I had done 4 interview sesssions with them. I have done a follow up with the HR and was told that I was the top candidate and also hinted to me that those who has been rejected were already informed sometime ago and I was not. So having said that, I would definitely assume that they have selected me but not make an offer yet. I do not know what the hell they are waiting for. It has already been 3 weeks since the 4th interview. Kind to share your experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

g.demond@*****.*** in Atlanta, Texas

35 months ago

Does anybody have a contact number....or email

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jesseb in wilson, North Carolina

1 month ago

This all makes no sense, everyone trying to get a Honeywell position and most people don't even get a interview. That's sad, they sent me a email with a test attached. Then called and did a phone interview. That was two weeks ago, haven't heard anything sense then. This company has issue's that's for sure...SMH

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.