Tees or Ties?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at HSN?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at HSN?

Reply - Report abuse

Jenda in New Port Richey, Florida

88 months ago

Business casual

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Insider in Saint Petersburg, Florida

88 months ago

Depends on your line of business and, like any other place, the personalties of the people in it.

Dress is business casual (Florida-style, which is going to seem downright casual if you're from the Northeast), but if you work on sets or in fulfillment, of course you're going to wear jeans and t-shirts.

The creative departments are also pretty casual, with a catch. In marketing, for casual, the more trend-aware your sense of style, the more casual you can dress, if that makes any sense.

The atmosphere is progressive-conservative.

HSN offers organic options in its cafeteria, has pet health insurance for your four-legged kids and is openly gay/alternative lifestyle friendy (and recognizes domestic partnerships when it counts, like in a benefits package), but the company is still pretty square and middle America in spirit.

With its new leadership, this square image is one it has aggressively begun - and needs - to shake to survive in the slick and fast world of multimedia. So far, results are mixed and the mood is tumultuous.

jenda in New Port Richey, Florida

87 months ago

Jenda in New Port Richey, Florida said: Business casual

Its me again, I was told business casual Mon-Thurs and Jeans Fri-Sat, thats all I know for now (I start July 9)

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.