Humana Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Humana?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Disappointed in Tampa, Florida

106 months ago

I had a telephone interview and was not offered a "face-to-face" interview. I did get a generic rejection email. The first part of the phone interview started out positive as the lady confirmed or clarified facts about my resume. She seemed supportive about my work history and made a few positive commments.

However, when the lady was piecing together dates of different employers and the reasons for leaving companies, the conversation took a turn for the worst. My information probably contradicted itself. I am dissappointed that I didn't progress further, because I really feel I have the skills and qualifications for this position. I just wish the lady would have been more polite at the end of our phone interview instead of saying "I have other people to call."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Disappointed in De Pere, Wisconsin

106 months ago

Welcome to the world of Humana. That doesn't surprise me at all. Be thankful your interview didn't go any further. You'll find a company that does appreciate you for your skills and qualifications. Good luck on your job search as I'm continuing on with mine.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra in Scottsdale, Arizona

105 months ago

Just a couple of idea's first when you have the phone interview be prepared in advance with written "suggested" questions and have them bold and in large print.

Have the answers underneath. You can get help with suggested answers from searching online first. For example, here's a big important question.

"How much money do you want?" - I'm flexible and open, I really feel that I'm a great fit, and I'm very interested in this position, so I will consider any reasonable offer that you care to make me".

The key here is to be prepared, which in turns shows your professionalism. Search for tough questions and have the answers written out.

Also be prepared in advance to explain the gaps in time on your resume. Really prepare ahead of time, this is the key to your success on the interview.

Hope this helps.

Sandra

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nique in Orlando, Florida

97 months ago

What type of questions were asked during the phone interview? I have one next week and I have no clue what they will be asking.

Thanks

Nique

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

nique in louisville, Kentucky

97 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

terrys22 in Louisville, Kentucky

95 months ago

The phone interview, would be basic technical questions. It all depends on what you are applying for. They will ask you how expert you are to this and this... and they will then evaluate if you would be a fit to what the hiring manager is looking for. If you are, expect to get a call back in 1-2 weeks. When they call you, they will then tell you that you will be set up for personal interview (face to face) with the hiring managers, you will be assigned someone from the HR...the first interview was from the recruiter and the second part the HR person will follow up and set you up for face to face interview. You will be interviewed by 1-3 people (again depends on the position) the one i'm speaking of is for corporate. I was interviewed by 3 people. All 3 ask me different questions, from my background, experience, expertise, and how I really know the "techniqual" part of the job. This was all done on a Tuesday afternoon. When you go to www.humana.com/career and you check your Profile, it should say there "Interviewing/Selection" then few days later I didn't hear anything back so I check the workbench and saw that I have "Offer" which means that my recruiter and hiring managers are working on my offer. A day after that, I got a call from my recruiter and she explained to me all of my benefits, my offer and that I'm going to have to sign a release paper for Drug Screen and Background check. That same day, my status changed to "Eoffer". the very next day I received a kit to get my drug test. I did my test same day, I have nothing to hide, I never even smoke so I took it and got done with it. Right now I'm just waiting for background check to get done and I'm hoping that that is all cleared too and I should get a "HIRED" on my status soon after that. So far I think the whole process from my face to face interview it had only taken them 1 week to get this all done. I haven't had any "bad" experience from HUMANA, all the staff has been great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (83) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Sweets2323 in Hollywood, Florida

70 months ago

I am trying to get in my eoffer and I cant log on.I emailed them so they can reset it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Caringnurse01@*****.*** in Miami, Florida

19 months ago

I did a montage phone interview yesterday with Humana. Does anyone know how long it will take them to get kicked to me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (52) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Caringnurse01@*****.*** in Miami, Florida

19 months ago

You apply on line. If they are in te rested they set you up for an automated phone interview. If the interview goes well they set you up for a face to face interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

ingeorgia in Georgia

19 months ago

Do you remember how long it lasted, and what questions they asked you?

I heard that it should change your status on your humana page based on where they are in the process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ingeorgia in Georgia

19 months ago

Caringnurse01@outlook.com in Miami, Florida said: You apply on line. If they are in te rested they set you up for an automated phone interview. If the interview goes well they set you up for a face to face interview.

Do you remember what they asked you in the montage interview? Did you do the webcam interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Vernita Hill in Jeffersonville, Indiana

19 months ago

Does anyone know what it means for them to send a copy of your background check to you?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

f66bss in Harker Heights, Texas

5 months ago

I have one this week..how were the questions? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

QualityNurse in Zanesville, Ohio

3 months ago

f66bss in Harker Heights, Texas said: I have one this week..how were the questions? Thanks!

How did you Montage interview go? I have one this week. How were the questions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

f66bss in San Antonio, Texas

3 months ago

QualityNurse in Zanesville, Ohio said: How did you Montage interview go? I have one this week. How were the questions?

I interviewed for beneficiary. Not as bad as I thought. Just do your homework and think of a lot of scenarios. I interviewed and received offer next day. I am currently on my 3rd week of training. Good luck!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.