Humana News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Humana stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Loving Humana in Louisville, Kentucky

99 months ago

Humana is thriving in every avenue of the buisness. In Louisville alone they claim 8000 employees. Their goals are not impossible to achieve by any means unless you are not a self starter. A lot of people come to Humana thinking it is a cake walk and demand a pay check for just being there. (outside agents are another story)
with medicare alone, the baby boomers are turning of age, so it is not just only certain times of the year you can enroll them.
They keep expanding but like any company, with all the give me something for free employees that refuse to be professional, a lay off might just clean the house up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

I work for Humana Right Source in Phoenix, AZ. When the high speed scanning solution was first introduced to us, they said not to worry that we would be moved to different areas. Now the new scanners are going into production Dec 17, 2007 and they have began laying off people.. I looked online and there are no jobs at right source. There are people there that worked hard and were loyal, but humana is only loyal to themselves. Just wait...everybody that works for Humana will be replaced by a machine. I guess that is why they shut down the nursing homes...what machine would you use to take care of the elderly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

thanku4firingme in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

91 months ago

Loving Humana in Louisville, Kentucky said: Humana is thriving in every avenue of the buisness. In Louisville alone they claim 8000 employees. Their goals are not impossible to achieve by any means unless you are not a self starter. A lot of people come to Humana thinking it is a cake walk and demand a pay check for just being there. (outside agents are another story)
with medicare alone, the baby boomers are turning of age, so it is not just only certain times of the year you can enroll them.
They keep expanding but like any company, with all the give me something for free employees that refuse to be professional, a lay off might just clean the house up.

So, exactly what are they paying you to blast anyone who makes a negative comment about Humana? I can see why you are there, your mentality fits in with the company culture - abuse them until they leave and then complain at them for leaving.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

just4enna in Corvallis, Oregon

49 months ago

Host said: What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Humana stack up against the competition?

I don't think that Humana is going to survive for the employee. After seeing what has gone on in the Tempe office and all the firings there, how could anyone think that it is going to stand much longer. They hire people into supervisory position that don't know how to work with the programs and will not assist the representatives with any difficult calls and does not have the qualifications to be in this position. They have struck a deal with Walmart to be their mail order prescription company so that cut out those that worked in the RightSourceRX division. They are not good to their employees, causing some to seek medical care for depression, anxiety, and high stress. It was crazy to witness those employees that had health issues such as heart attacks. Telling them that they had to be back to work if they wanted their job. Not allowing a recovery time. Watching a young man so sick, coming into work when he should have been under the rules of his doctor, that he continued coming because he didn't want to lose his job, dropping to the floor unconcious, and by the time he reach the hospital he died. What kind of company, even more so for a Health care insurance provider, do that to a human being. They didn't care then and they don't care now.

In regards to staking up against the competition, all I can say is that there are so many doctors that will not take Humana due to slow payment, incorrect payments, and having to fight to get the monies that are due them based on the policy by the customer. They don't even treat their employees well with their coverage. It is horrible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

sunnyd in Covington, Kentucky

48 months ago

Can someone at the West Chester Right Source please give me advise on what to do about this job offer????? Item entry position...What is it like there?? It seemed when I was interviewing there, people coming in and out were appearing happy.....Is it a good place to work? What are the hours like??

Thank You!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in KY in Burlington, Kentucky

48 months ago

I worked at Humana for over 10 years and really enjoyed most of my time there. I made the mistake of joining the RightSource Pharmacy organization which was a big mistake. The leaders in the RightSource Pharmacy and RightSource Specialty Pharmacy-I mean the SENIORS leaders are terrible! It reminds me of of the movie Schindler's List, being pushed around and threatened on a daily basis. I was SO happy to get out of there. If you join Humana, you will enjoy good benefits but don't join RightSource Pharmacy or Specialty Pharmacy unless you like working with the worst leaders in the industry!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.