Humana Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 52)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Humana?

What do you like best about working at Humana? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Aaron in Louisville, Kentucky

91 months ago

Humana pays agressively regarding salary and bonuses, BUT you will be working in a very challenging working environment. I have been with Humana for 5 years, and I would leave if I could. The pay has me bound, and I drink Pepto Bismol because of the stress and rudeness that I endure at work. Here is my advice...DON'T work for HUMANA!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (112) / No (40) Reply - Report abuse

TREX in Phoenix, Arizona

91 months ago

In what department do you work at Humana?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Aaron in Louisville, Kentucky

90 months ago

Sorry about the delay in a response. Unfortunately I don't. Whatever it is...I guarantee that it isn't worth it!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

mark in Durham, North Carolina

89 months ago

thank you for the information. I've decided not to pursue the position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Searching in KY in Millersville, Missouri

89 months ago

I thank you for your honest feedback/input. Unfortunately, I still haven't heard back from the hiring manager. Wonder if I should contact the recruiter again. I have three years experience with an HMO (Compliance Director which was a position that oversaw the HR Department). Also, I have been in healthcare since 1997 in various positions. I am starting to look in Lexington, KY and Cincinnati, OH as well. Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mable in Sterling Heights, Michigan

89 months ago

Yes, contact the recruiter again (via phone and email) and let them know that you are still very interested in an opportunity with Humana. Thank them for the time that they have invested with you (I know that might be a a little hard to swallow but it will go a long way) and ask that they keep you in mind for future H.R. related positions. Good luck in your search; be sure to check out groups.yahoo.com/group/KYrecruit this is an EXCELLENT H.R. group that assists in helping H.R. professionals find employment in their region.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Searching in KY in Millersville, Missouri

89 months ago

Mable, thank you for the advice. I will contact that recruiter today and no it isn't hard to thank them for their time. . . I do appreciate everything that she has done. Also, I joined the KY group. I appreciate your providing the link. Thank you so much again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Fedupagent in York Haven, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

disappointed humana rep in Saint Michael, Minnesota said: I too work for Humana and was very disappointed with the benefits bonuses and pay. most med adv products will pay in a week or two, humana pays 60 days later. since most of their products are med adv only, they are in a lock out- only age ins can enroll- nothing to sell!!! you can sell in nov and get paid in Feb 08- thats in 9 months folks!! and we are suppose to sell other products- good luck getting training, apps or marketing material! hard to sell, when you have nothing to sell- but right now people are on probation and if they do not sell these products they will be let go!!! set up to fail.... very sad.

You are correct!!! I worked for Market Point also, hired in Dec 05, always excellent field evaluations but then in Jan of this year, Ooops!!! You are being put on notice, must do a minimum number of Medicare Advantage Plans to keep your job. I decided to bow out gracefully and handed in my notice. This is a company that jumped on the Medicare Bandwagon, hired a ton of agents with no expection on their part of ever keeping those agents past the initial membership drive. Lets make life difficult for all these agents that made us BILLIONS and that way we don't have to lay them off. Beware of this company, they are out to make money and they don't care who's toes they have to step on to get it and that includes SENIORS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Loving Humana in Louisville, Kentucky

87 months ago

Please, if it was not for all these as you say "under trained", and under achieving agents out there, there would not be over 1000 reps working to correct their errors right now sometimes up to 7 days a week!
I have worked at Humana for over 2 years in the Medicare Dept. My job consists of researching and CORRECTING all the mistakes agents submit, like, oh, not even putting a members social or medicare ID on the application, or their date of birth or ANY of the needed demographics information - but you guys sure make sure your name and social is on there so you get the commission now dont you? Humana is a very take charge of your own career company.
It did take me a while to get hired, as they do a large advertising for several positions and some of those positions dont get enough qualified responses OR the training class is pushed back several months putting a hold on the hiring. Just keep trying it is a WONDERFUL company to work for.
The pay (obviously IF you are qualified and experienced) is above any Company in this area, your benefits start the day you are hired, you accumulate three weeks of paid vacation a year, as well as sick time AND personal holidays, along with the 7 major PAID holidays a year. You are only treated badly when you have already been given enough rope to hang yourself for not being a professinal adult.
I would like to call the BS card on this so called "Aaron" poster - he OBVIOUSLY is not in ANY management type or even Directors position with this Company, because you NEVER hear or see any of them talk badly about this company in any way. (I have close friends as well as family in Management as well as Director level positions - and NO they did not help me get the job)
The turnover is only in the customer service area (for obvious reasons) and in the lower entry level areas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Marie Lopez in Albuquerque, New Mexico

86 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Humana?

What do you like best about working at Humana? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

I too worked for Humana and recently left. I CAN'T STRESS enough DO NOT QUIT YOUR JOB AND WORK FOR HUMANA!!! The pay is good at times, but fighting for sales you've made and didn't get paid for gets challenging. They are so not for the employee, but I believe they run a sweat shop and then when you're all burned out, they are easy to let you go or see you out the door. I quit before I had to buy pepto bismol.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

KJM in Mount Vernon, Missouri

86 months ago

disappointed humana rep in Saint Michael, Minnesota said: I too work for Humana and was very disappointed with the benefits bonuses and pay. most med adv products will pay in a week or two, humana pays 60 days later. since most of their products are med adv only, they are in a lock out- only age ins can enroll- nothing to sell!!! you can sell in nov and get paid in Feb 08- thats in 9 months folks!! and we are suppose to sell other products- good luck getting training, apps or marketing material! hard to sell, when you have nothing to sell- but right now people are on probation and if they do not sell these products they will be let go!!! set up to fail.... very sad.

What is it like working with Humana now that it is lock-in. Are they getting new products to sell and how do they compensate the agent? I am an independent looking into going to work for them in the Med Adv market? Thanks for comments

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Red Maple in Atlanta, Georgia

86 months ago

Will Smith gave the warning in I Robot,
well . . . I am warning all, try Humana at
your own risk !!
In my opinion the company is not a place you want to work, poll hundreds of nurses that have worked at Humana, the common threats you will find:
1. Not Family Friendly
2. No Second Chances
3. Impossible Goals
4. Micro Management
5. Managers with little or no experience
6. Nursing models that don't work
7. Conspiracy to fail employees
8. No compassion, "Help when you need it"
most . . .You want find it at Humana.
9. False job descriptions
10.Promotions that are easy for some and
non-existent for others.

These are just the Top 10, consider yourself warned !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sales Representative in Albuquerque, New Mexico

86 months ago

My experience with Humana was very negative. They make you believe how wonderful their company is and how they want you to succeed. Once your hired, the compensation you were promised changes dramatically. You're treated as though your are a selling machine rather than an employee,and as long as you're selling you're recognized, but if you slow down, you are scolded and threatened for not producing. They expect you to sell, but they make every excuse not to pay you. This is against the Labor Laws. You never know when you're going to get paid. Yet, the managers and upper management, get paid on time with no problem. I don't blame the company, I blame management. Their greediness has created a negative environment. They use the sales reps and seniors to increase their wealth. CMS will eventually catch on. I contacted other sales reps in other states and they too are experiencing the same problems. This website also confirms the problems that are happening not only as a sales rep, but nurses and directors that are sharing their experiences as well. I could see if it was one state, but after reading these comments and talking to others, this is a real problem. When I lived in Florida, there were many negative comments against Humana. Now I know that the rumor is true. I am now working for another healthcare company that truly takes care of their employees and values their work. I'm only sharing this information to confirm with all others out there that there is problem with Humana's culture and they will continue to hear negative comments from their employees until a change is made and that has to come from the top. In sales in order to increase your productivity, you have treat others as you would like to be treated. Management is only their to threaten you rather than helping you succeed. And it all starts with experienced managment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

carmen connors in Louisville, Kentucky

85 months ago

Loving Humana in Louisville, Kentucky said: Please, if it was not for all these as you say "under trained", and under achieving agents out there, there would not be over 1000 reps working to correct their errors right now sometimes up to 7 days a week!
I have worked at Humana for over 2 years in the Medicare Dept. My job consists of researching and CORRECTING all the mistakes agents submit, like, oh, not even putting a members social or medicare ID on the application, or their date of birth or ANY of the needed demographics information - but you guys sure make sure your name and social is on there so you get the commission now dont you? Humana is a very take charge of your own career company.
It did take me a while to get hired, as they do a large advertising for several positions and some of those positions dont get enough qualified responses OR the training class is pushed back several months putting a hold on the hiring. Just keep trying it is a WONDERFUL company to work for.
The pay (obviously IF you are qualified and experienced) is above any Company in this area, your benefits start the day you are hired, you accumulate three weeks of paid vacation a year, as well as sick time AND personal holidays, along with the 7 major PAID holidays a year. You are only treated badly when you have already been given enough rope to hang yourself for not being a professinal adult.

Actually there is an alarming amount of Turnover in the H.R dept on a whole. I understand that you may have a "great experience" at Humana, but not everyone can sing those same praises. Your infomation about customer service being the only turnover dept is incorrect. Trust me I work at Humana,in the H.R. dept. Also Aaron may be correct, not all of the Leadership sing the praises about the company like you have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anon

85 months ago

thanks 4 all of your comments - GREAT POSTS - very objective, good & bad

and luved the "Incompetent" human resources assessment of many of their h.r. employees - I wonder sometimes what kind of background companies look-for when hiring h.r. employees when so many of them (in my experience contacting them at different companies) do NOT even know what their active vacancies consist of, nor do they even keep-up with their own company web-sites by removing old jobs NOR even adding the newest job-openings - since - I've seen outside (= third-party) recruiters advertising for various open positions at/for various companies BEFORE these same companies H.R. people even update their own web-sites with these same job-openings !!--> My impression of most of them in the H.R. Department is as lazy & unmotivated, sadly to say, like they are "going-out-of-their-way", based-on their phone etiquette towards me, - to even help me, by saying "I don't know" (why don't they putme on hold or take my number to find-out then get-back withme???), and, "go to our web-stie for more info.", etc., since they are lacking motivation to even keep-up with so many aspects of their job to help the candidate, I very much believe

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

L in Kansas City, Missouri

85 months ago

It's too bad so many of you have had negative experiences with Humana. I was hired during Part D open enrollment and have loved every second of it. I think the thing to remember is with a company this size, you are going to have various sub-cultures within the larger, company culture. My office and co-workers are very positive and upbeat. We get a lot of training support and incentives. We are one of the strongest markets in the country. In my first year at Humana I netted in salary more than I grossed at my previous job in Human Resources at a manufacturing company. There are people in my office that sometimes speak negatively about the company or things that are happening, but I can't imagine those people being happy anywhere they work. Your perception of things often depends on you...what you put into it and your attitude. If you are wanting to work at Humana, do what I did. Talk frankly with the recruiter about their personal experience with the company, see if you can talk to other employees in your department, ask about the challenges of the position, meet as many people as you can and then make your own decision. I'm glad I did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

jules in Louisville, Kentucky

85 months ago

I just quit humana today, i worked in customer service it was a horrible job. the pay was great, instant benefits. but the training its not enough, the classes dont even begin to cover what happens to you when your on the phone. you are timed on every call, can't talk to much, but can't talk to little, can't spend any time inbetween calls to document your calls,so your rushing the whole time to make sure you inform call while talking to bene or prv and that cuts out a lot of really important details that can be missed. you sit all day taking 100-120 calls a day. and lets face it folks, the insurance industry is a joke,so people call you all day and yell why did you not pay for this? why don't i have a referal? why did you bill me when you told me i could go to ER? its over and over and over its draining. I took all i could take. now for the pay i guess some people could handle it. it paid 30k a year to start, but it was just not worth it. i might as well been a bill collector. your treated the same way

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

The Senior Advocate in Tampa, Florida

85 months ago

Under the word HUMANA, there are 6 words.

"Guidence When You Need It Most"

I work for HUMANA as a Licensed Sales Agent in Direct Market Sales (DMS),and I can only say this about Humana. There are people @ HUMANA who actually care about, what is happening to the Seniors enrolled in various HUMANA Plans.
Then there are the others that are only here for the almighty dollar, or commisions that they will make. I can only speak about my personal experience w/Humana. In DMS if you do not meet the required goals, it may cost you dearly. During the lock-in period you may be calling Humana PDP members, and trying to convince them to use RIGHT SOURCE 90 Day Mail Order Pharmacy, which is owned by HUMANA.
I will say this, why would I order my prescriptions from a company that leaves the order at your door,no signatue required from the member,and if the order is lost OR STOLEN, HUMANA is not responsible. And if they have your credit card info, you wil be billed for that order. Now if my Grandparents are on a fixed income, and they are billed for 3 months of prescriptions, and the order is lost or stolen, and they still have to pay for this mistake that is not there responsibility, I WOULD LOOSE MY MIND. This is just 1 problem of many, that HUMANA needs to fix.

There are a group of DMS reps that meet once a month, with reps from Customer Service/Billing & Enrollment, to compare notes of issues that we see in the day to day operations within HUMANA, here in Tampa.

WE HAVE MANY PROBLEMS HERE IN TAMPA THAT REALLY NEED TO BE RESOLVED,UNTIL THEN THE MEMBERS WILL SUFFER.

As for working he in Tampa, I care about the people I talk to daily, I can also ignore the stupidity I see daily here at DMS. This is a SALES enviroment and if you do not meet your goals, it may cost you.

If you do work here and you have a heart beating inside of you, then do the best you can for that Medicare member on the other end of the phone.
You will feel better at the end of the day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

yur soooo right :>(-

85 months ago

luved response (above) -- so true :>(-

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

CORRECT-AMMUNDO

84 months ago

Loved the very objective comments by the "Senior Advocate", above-- is sooo true I bet.. I do KNOW that their pharmacy hiring supervisors are more like robots during their open-house thing. They ALWAYS advertise for pharmacy-jobs in their "mail-order" facilities--> with ads stating to the effect: "Immediate Need" for such & such-tpe of employees (Techs, Pharmacists, Call-Center staff, etc..), yet - DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME GOING TO THEIR SO-CALLED "OPEN--HOUSES" -as-> they do NOT appear to be in any "hurry" to hire more staff as it appeared to me anyway.. I'm not sure why, though.. I think they like their open-houses so they (the supervisory staff) can get a "big-break" and get paid for it at the same-time!-- take-care all of U, and do "beware" of this company for sure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Corporate culture analysis in West Palm Beach, Florida

82 months ago

Why is so difficult to see the negative track record of this company? If you see a dog that behaves like a dog, barks like a dog, eats like a dog, bites like a dog; is a dog! The problem here is the company culture in terms of many issues, but mostly social responsiveness. In general,as a rule, you see this corporate culture of unsensitive unsocial behavior, antiemployee, and super greedy culture in the great healthcare belt of the south. Humana, Columbia (HCA), Tenet, Health South, Kindred, Omnicare, etc. They (corporate) behave the same way as they probably worked for the same companies within this industry. Going back in time, lets take into consideration that the Humana founded in the late 1960's was once a "lider" in hospital management and hospital ownership (number two nationally). The same happened with their Florida HMO divisions. Little by little, under similar management styles and corporate culture and anti-employee position that is using now, it went down the hill BIG TIME (out of the hospital and HMO arena). Not until the new reinventing of Humana took place recently, starting with Humana Military Health Services,Tricare,Defense and DoD contracts, that Humana flourished again as a "lider" in healthcare. Now competing in the Medicare field, the most lucrative of all healthcare markets, Humana is only expected to behave as Humana. Humana is Humana. A dog is always a dog. Even if sometimes looks as a cat, the old dog will always be that old dog.Their stock value went up last week record high. With it their greed too....My advise is... work for this company while doing financially well, but always keep your eyes on it. Remenber that if they failed once they can always fail again. They are not "corporate wise" or stable, as they probably do not have the corporate structure and culture needed to last for a long term. The have short life span like the butterfly, and this short life is due to their inability to learn to grow and adapt graciously.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jobseeker12 in Cocoa, Florida

79 months ago

Can anyone give me a base starting salary figure for a Physician Contracting Representative in central Florida? I can't find anything on it at salary.com. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

I am Da man in Buckhannon, West Virginia

78 months ago

Can anyone provide information on salary range for RightSource Consumer Experience Analyst or similar. It involves project management, IVR and web analysis and design, and analyze customer experiences to improve these systems. It is in the RightSource pharmacy department.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ANTI-HUMANA in Btown, Kentucky

78 months ago

I worked as a professional contractor for Humana TWICE in different areas, and both times they were terribly disorganized and gave you no time or resources to accomplish your job. Far too many cooks and not enough indians, Humana professionals tend to have so many meetings that hothing gets done!

On one of the assignments, they expected me to document their huge, rediculous IT system in ONLY six weeks and gave me a cube ONLY ABOUT FOUR FEET WIDE. I had volumes of material, but only four feet to work?! It was also right next to a cust service training session. Sheesh.

I also had to contact IT to get my tools in which to document. Their inept and convoluted processes promised but did not deliver any software tools I needed after FIVE DAYS OF MY INDIVIDUAL EFFORT.

I told them to shove it. The indeed were setting us contractors up to fail so they could point at us and say: "See? It can't be done" or "Those contractots do not know anything.

RUN SCREAMING FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ANTI-HUMANA in Btown, Kentucky

78 months ago

Oops, sorry about the spelling...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Doc Andrea in Bulverde, Texas

77 months ago

I recently resigned from a contractor position with Humana Military. I'm a family practice doc (also an Army spouse). This company is running the military healthcare system down to the ground. They do nothing but lie and cheat the system. You can't trust any of the managers or recruiters. They are rude, slimy and greedy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Humaified in Glendale, Arizona

77 months ago

nothing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Humana?

I am so disallusioned about Humana that I am going to take a job paying less way less money but you know what. I will succeed inspite of Humana

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

H is for Horrible Humana in Louisville, Kentucky

77 months ago

Humana is horrible. They outsource their HR and give good treatment to people of a certain race. These people know nothing and are extremely unprofessional. Management in the Medicare Customer Service Department taps their watch and constantly messages you if you are on a call taking longer than two minutes. Well, management, elderly people like to talk because they are lonely.
When you need the guidance the most, Humana is there with an unknowledgeable and undertrained person of a certian race. As a result this person who answers acts as though it is a HUGE bother to take your call. I do not know where they get these associates! Maybe they have to keep a certain percentage of &*%%$ just like Jefferson County Schools do.
Do yourself a favor-- if you want to be respected and treated right and move up the corporate ladder AND you are educated, then go to Anthem, like I did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Humaified in Glendale, Arizona said: nothing

This was a horrible test that went wrong. Sorry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Humana - Terrible Company to Work For in Albuquerque, New Mexico

75 months ago

The sales agents bring in the revenue. What revenue do you bring in? Your job is to scrub the enrollment application and assist with the enrollment. But as you stated(I have close friends as well as family in Management as well as Director level positions - and NO they did not help me get the job) it's very obvious why you're loving Humana in Kentucky. Unbeliveable!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Huh?

Booklady1 in Dayton, Ohio

66 months ago

Can anyone give me an estimate on what insurance costs are for spouse + 1 for Humana employees?

Thanks!

Buck Main in Cleveland, Ohio

65 months ago

Who at Humana gets an annual bonus and how is the amount calculated? Are there some perks that only a select few get or that management gets? What are they and how is it decided who gets them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Rene in Allendale, Michigan

64 months ago

I am interested in potential RN case management with Humana. What is the anticipated salary for this role, if anyone is aware? How are these employees treated? Lots of negative posts from sales personnel--any positives?
Thanks,
Lisa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sunny Star in Tampa, Florida

64 months ago

I worked for Humana, well it was called Green Ribbon Health, they are part of Humana. I heard they offered two nurse I know $64K to start and they never did disease mmgt.before, but they will work you to death. Most of the nurses quit in the first year of the pilot . the ones' that stay are robots, heartless and just are in it for the $$.
They don't let you step members down when they are doing well because they get paid for each member in the programs, CM, DM etc. so you end up basically harrassing people on the phone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

B_ in Bardstown, Kentucky

63 months ago

I work for Humana and I love my job! I started as a temp and within a few months, I was offered a full time position. The starting salary is very nice, especially having no previous experience. Benefits are available immediately. As posted earlier, vacation, sick time and holidays are above average. If you work hard, you will be rewarded.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Sweets2323 in Hollywood, Florida

49 months ago

i read plenty of post and not to many from South Florida.. I was just hired in as a DMA Direct marketing Sales agent. I have to get my license before OJT is finished..

Are the sales hard to close?
They advised that they are warm out calls to the elderly that originally called Humana..
How long does it take to get commission from each sale?
They advised that the salary is 30,000 I have a BA and that everyone makes on an average 10,000-15,000 a year extra
Is that correct just a selling point to get me on.

I was reading the sheet with the 401k.. It was kinda confusing.. they match 1% of your biweekly salary then 50 cents for every dollar.. is that good or bad.. I am used to company matching the 1st 3-6% of what we contribute.. Which is better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Offered a position - have not accepted y in Neenah, Wisconsin

37 months ago

[QUOTE who="compensation you were promised changes dramaticallyQUOTE]

I am offered a position at humana. not in sales or HR; but is a corporate role. Can you explain what you mean by salary changing? i would assume the offer made up front should stick....

Any other recent feedback to help me make a decision to switch career? many of these comments are a bit older - looking for something recent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ali in San Antonio, Texas

21 months ago

B_ in Bardstown, Kentucky said: I work for Humana and I love my job! I started as a temp and within a few months, I was offered a full time position. The starting salary is very nice, especially having no previous experience. Benefits are available immediately. As posted earlier, vacation, sick time and holidays are above average. If you work hard, you will be rewarded.

Do any have the Humana Military payroll calendar?

Jamie in Louisville, Kentucky

17 months ago

Mable in Sterling Heights, Michigan said: I worked at Humana within the H.R. department. To get a good idea as to what they pay, visit www.salary.com this site will give you very reliable figures that Humana uses. Humana looks at a variety of factors such as education level, experience, certifications, analytical skills, verbal and written communication skills, and attitude. Humana pays very well for ALL of their positions. A four-year degree will really enhance your ability to move within the corporation. If you do not have your degree, Humana has a generous education reimbursement program.

I used the website to see if they are paying me anything close and according to this I am being slighted by about 5k. That infuriates me. I have a 4year degree and I am making significantly less than some of my co workers (I know this because I do their taxes. It honestly has never bothered me but I am an extrememly hard worker, and one who coworkers come to often to help with things that they may not undertand. Frustrated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

social worker in Petersburg, Virginia

9 months ago

carmen connors in Louisville, Kentucky said:

anyone still work for Humana in 2013? I have accepted a home visit position and now concerned with the negative comments that I see. Please advise current standing with this company

9 months ago

I am new to this site. I just accepted a position with Humana since my current job is coming to an end. I am requesting honest feedback about the employment. I will be going for training soon, so my journey will begin with Humana as a home visitor. I was told that I would visit about 5 people per day in their home and then update the computer when I return.
I need the flexibility - so can anyone comment on that?
Thanks for your time

9 months ago

Jamie in Louisville, Kentucky said: I used the website to see if they are paying me anything close and according to this I am being slighted by about 5k. That infuriates me. I have a 4year degree and I am making significantly less than some of my co workers (I know this because I do their taxes. It honestly has never bothered me but I am an extrememly hard worker, and one who coworkers come to often to help with things that they may not undertand. Frustrated.

do you still work for Humana? do you like it? I am starting a home visit position soon & I will be working a part time one for about 45 days at the same time.
I see so much negative, is there anything good about Humana?

9 months ago

Ali in San Antonio, Texas said: Do any have the Humana Military payroll calendar?

I am new to this site. I just accepted a position with Humana since my current job is coming to an end. I am requesting honest feedback about the employment. I will be going for training soon, so my journey will begin with Humana as a home visitor. I was told that I would visit about 5 people per day in their home and then update the computer when I return.
I need the flexibility - so can anyone comment on that?
Thanks for your time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Girlie in Atlanta, Georgia

8 months ago

social worker in Petersburg, Virginia said: anyone still work for Humana in 2013? I have accepted a home visit position and now concerned with the negative comments that I see. Please advise current standing with this company

Have you started your position yet. I am set to start next month.

anon in Georgetown, Indiana

4 months ago

Does anyone know how long it takes to get your first paycheck at humana? Some companies hold the first two weeks then you have to work for a month before you get paid. It makes it difficult to plan a budget when you don't know. Any advice is much appreciated!

CardsFan5 in Crestwood, Kentucky

3 months ago

How are the retirement benefits with 401k, or 403b is there a percentage match up to a certain percent like some companies?

red97supra in Louisville, Kentucky

1 month ago

CardsFan5 in Crestwood, Kentucky said: How are the retirement benefits with 401k, or 403b is there a percentage match up to a certain percent like some companies?

I have been with Humana for over 15yrs and the only reason I have stayed is because of the 401k. IMO it's the best 401k and friends and family that work for companies that are equal in size or greater agree. We use Charles Schwab and they provide PCRA, Personal Choice Retirement Account. They allow you to buy whatever stock you want, ETF's, NASDAQ, NYSE, OTCBB, OTC, virtually any stock you want from any exchange. You aren't pigeonholed into buying mutual funds like most 401k's. Yes Humana's retirement allows you to buy such funds but they also give you the flexibility of buying into whatever stock you want. My 401k only had $9k back in 2009 and when I found out about PCRA I moved it all over. I now have over $500k in my account which includes taking out a hardship withdrawal to pay off a waterfront piece of property, with ocean access, and paid off all my debt. I'm only 41 and I'm working towards retiring in less than 10 yrs thanks to Humana's 401k. They also contribute 125% up to 6%. The real money is being able to trade which most of the 401k's out there don't allow you to do.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.