Humana's Culture

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 93)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Disappointed in Wisconsin in De Pere, Wisconsin

88 months ago

Angel, you are 100% accurate in your reporting of Humana. It is the worst company I've ever worked for and you WILL regret taking a position with this company. I had issues with my manager and HR is a JOKE. I'm so glad I read your posting because know I know I'm not the only one who is being treated poorly. This the most unprofessional company I've ever worked for and cannot believe the scare tactics they use towards their employees. The pay is outstanding but not worth the mental agony.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Disappointed in Wisconsin in De Pere, Wisconsin

87 months ago

"Humana is a great place to work, and if you are there to do your job then you will have no problems. When you do have problems, there are avenues to proceed with to help get them resolved."

Please advise me what my avenues are to help me get my issue resolved? I'd like some advice. I'd hate to leave a company when I just started there. Is it possible to work with HR to get transfered to a different job in the company? The people I have worked with so far at Humana have been very nice, so I cannot complain there.

I am not a young spoiled college punk just making a fuss either. Just wanted to make that clear.

Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

nb70 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

87 months ago

Loving Humana in Louisville, Kentucky said: Again, OBVIOUSLY you are one of the bad employees. IF you do not like is so much leave Angel, go back to service net in Indiana!
And that is a total LIE about other companies in Louisville stating anything near your made up comment.
What is happening is Humana is like UPS in Louisville, everyone has worked there or has a family member that has worked there, and of course, those that break all the rules never come to work or when they are at work are useless are the ones that come on these forms and talk about how bad of a company Humana is because they got fired and didnt see it coming.
Humana is a very diverse workplace - in english that means you are working with ALL types of people - from the welfare to work single mothers to the older generation that has decided to go back to work, throw in some immature college ages kids that have their parents still supporting them and you just automatically have a nasty mix of all walks and talks of life that will not see eye to eye.
Humana is a great place to work, and if you are there to do your job then you will have no problems. When you do have problems, there are avenues to proceed with to help get them resolved.

YOU need to STOP telling other people that they are "bad employees" or defining what "diversity" means. For God's sake, you can't even spell or capitalize correctly. You've got major problems listening to others and passing judgment where it isn't needed. People write on these forums to express their feelings and experiences and your habit of insulting others is ridiculous. Knock off the attitude and just speak to people instead of insulting them.

Disappointed in De Pere, WI was a hell of a lot nicer in response to your post than I would have been after being insulted by the likes of you. The only reason you are disparaging others is probably because you're a recruiter or some other "promoter" of Humana. Your attitude needs adjusting

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jill in Green Bay, Wisconsin

87 months ago

I agree with NB70- this is a forum for people to state their minds, and there is no need to insult people, for their opinions. From my point of view, I do not know of anyone at Humana in Green Bay who does not like their job- I know a handful of employees in various departments, from customer service, all the way up to the VP level, and they all love it there. Check out this site for the United Health comments- there are many more bad comments there. If I were a manager at Humana or United Health, I would be checking these boards, and asking questions in an effort to improve the areas that are discussed as needing work- proactively. By the way-- at long last, after 4 interviews, onsite and phone, with three hiring managers/HR recruiters at Humana, I have a job with a large insurance firm in the Appleton area- had wanted to work for Humana but they just never seemed to be able to make a final decision. Perhaps I had the talent they were looking for- perhaps I didn't- but I just finished my first week with this company, and they see in me the positive attributes that Humana just couldn't seem to see. my new boss gave me a project the first day- something that had been pending and not handled for some time, and I finished it easily. They are happy to have me- I am happy to work for them!
A suggestion-- too many HR recruiters, and not enough group discussion of having this great candidate, and then finding the position they would be most productive in. If I had had a chance, I could have discussed the various open positions they had, but was never given that opportunity. What is amazing is that my new company wanted me so badly, they offered more money than the range I had given them initially, and five weeks vacation, starting out! I am now VERY happy- and my new company has no posts out here, good or bad. Mabel did try to help me, and I appreciated that- but I still think that Humana has a way to go, to conduct an effective hiring process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Jill in Green Bay, Wisconsin said: I agree with NB70 - this is a forum for people to state their minds, and there is no need to insult people, for their opinions. From my point of view, I do not know of anyone at Humana in Green Bay who does not like their job - I know a handful of employees in various departments, from customer service, all the way up to the VP level, .....

Congratulations on your success in finding another job. It sounds like your new job really suits you. Just for the record, I've had Humana as my private insurance carrier for 7 years and they have provided the best insurance coverage I've ever had along with the best rate. However, I too, applied for a job there (Actuarial Analyst), but I didn't get hired. I don't blame Humana for not hiring me, I just moved on to another position with another company. Every company has their quirks and I don't really care why I wasn't hired.

The director of the department was a total flake; she actually looked drunk or high. I thought she was going to fall asleep on her desk or fall over, in which case, I wasn't going to catch her. LOL I've never seen that kind of weird behavior before, so I was quite surprised. The other 5 people I interviewed with were great, so I can't complain too much. It simply wasn't meant to be, that's all.

Simply put, I don't hate Humana, but I think EVERYONE deserves the RIGHT to speak out against Humana, or any other employer if they have issues. Forums are just that; a place to express your opinions and views and NO ONE should shut anyone else up because THEY don't want to hear those particular opinions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Disappointed in De Pere, Wisconsin

87 months ago

nb70 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said:

Well said nb70 =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Disappointed in De Pere, Wisconsin said: Well said nb70 =)

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

George G.

87 months ago

Angel in Louisville, Kentucky said: Absolutely positively the WORST culture -- hey thanks 4 the info,, I also experienced such in the pharmacy via their supposedly pharmacist stupidvisors - whom are exactly that :>(- !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

el steveo in Parker, Arizona

86 months ago

thanks laods all-- i'm waiting to win the lottery so i don't have to work for any of these places (.. I know--> "wishful thinking", huh?)..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Job Prospect in Madison, Wisconsin

86 months ago

For those that work there, can you give me insight to how well you like the pay/benefits as well as the work environment? I've had 2 interviews and am just waiting to hear back. But I have a job offer from another insurance company for a similar role so I'm trying to decide if I were to get offered jobs at both, which to take. I would appreciate any information good or bad. Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

hank :>(-

86 months ago

i interviewed with the mail-order pharmacy in Phoenix and needless to say, despite a few years of retail and other Pharmacist experience, they (the Pharm. Manager and his "assistant" gopher) never got-back..

so, who knows what they are looking-for, "personality matches" rather-than one's motivation and successful track-record doesn't seem to matter, apparently..

am happy to NOT have been given an offer after all, after having had read the other comments on here about Humana's co-worker & supervisor "culture"...

take-care and good-luck, but - most likely best NOT to leave your current job unless you are 100% certain that the work environment is what you really want..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

yur soooo right :>(-

85 months ago

thanks all !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cat in San Antonio, Texas

85 months ago

I work for Humana in Texas and looking to leave..in order to get ahead there, you need to kiss ass. This company is the worst..you learn nothing and benefit from nothing to take to another job prospect. I will doing cartwheels when I leave. HR? That's just a title ...they could care less about employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

CORRECT-AMMUNDO-4-sure

85 months ago

yes!-- i also "concur" with "Cat", above--

they ALSO sound just like the pharm-mail-order company: "Express Scripts", for sure-- that's why they are "advertising" all-the-time for new employees--> and - they say that they're always "expanding" to meet their new needs; yet - just wish they were at least "half-honest" and say that they need more-new employees just to take-up the slack from all those that have either suddenly quit or are about to do-so !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anon75 in De Pere, Wisconsin

85 months ago

Be warned if you take a job with Humana and get sick within your first year of employment. I don't mean calling in a day here and a day there, I'm referring to a legit medical illness, under the doctors advice.

If you miss more than 5 days of consecutive illness you then are put on short-term disability then while you are out trying to recuperate Humana posts and fill your position. Then they fight you on getting paid. Legally Humana is able to post your position due to FMLA regulations.

I guess I ended up being lucky because after I got better I didn't have to go back to a harassing boss and stressful job.

Working for Humana is not for the weak skinned.

I wish I would have found this forum before I accepted the position with Humana.

I know a lot of people have great working experiences with Humana and I'm disappointed that things for me didn't work out. Time for me to move on!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

crj5812 in Greenville, South Carolina

85 months ago

Anon75 in De Pere, Wisconsin said: Be warned if you take a job with Humana and get sick within your first year of employment. I don't mean calling in a day here and a day there, I'm referring to a legit medical illness, under the doctors advice.

If you miss more than 5 days of consecutive illness you then are put on short-term disability then while you are out trying to recuperate Humana posts and fill your position. Then they fight you on getting paid. Legally Humana is able to post your position due to FMLA regulations.

I guess I ended up being lucky because after I got better I didn't have to go back to a harassing boss and stressful job.

Working for Humana is not for the weak skinned.

I wish I would have found this forum before I accepted the position with Humana.

I know a lot of people have great working experiences with Humana and I'm disappointed that things for me didn't work out. Time for me to move on!

What do you expect them to do if you are not at your position for more than 5 days? Being put on STD is a help to you so you get paid. If they could go weeks with no one in your position, why would they have hired you in the first place? I just do not get the lack of work ethic that people on these pages have? Do you think that Humana was created just for you? Or maybe it was created as a Corporation that is striving to make a profit by selling Healthcare products to the public. And maybe that is what you all are missing in your evaluation of the work place. Stop belly aching and start working.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Anon75 in De Pere, Wisconsin

85 months ago

crj5812 in Greenville, South Carolina said: What do you expect them to do if you are not at your position for more than 5 days? Being put on STD is a help to you so you get paid. If they could go weeks with no one in your position, why would they have hired you in the first place? I just do not get the lack of work ethic that people on these pages have? Do you think that Humana was created just for you? Or maybe it was created as a Corporation that is striving to make a profit by selling Healthcare products to the public. And maybe that is what you all are missing in your evaluation of the work place. Stop belly aching and start working.

I would be working again if Humana didn't post and fill my job, trust me being on unemployment is NOT what I wanted nor is it fun. I just thought that Humana had a heart when it came to their employees and illnesses. I guess they are out for the all mighty dollar as others have stated in this forum.

NO, I DO NOT think Humana was created just for "ME". Where does a lack of work ethic come into play when you are suffering from an illness?

The belly ache has stopped and like I said in my post, I AM MOVING ON.

Sorry if I'm not a robot with no feelings =(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

CORRECT-AMMUNDO-4-sure

85 months ago

I concur with Anon75's comments, above.. Also think "crj5812" in S. Carolina (above) must B one of those Humana "stupid-visors" 4-sure--> sounds like to me..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

? in Louisville, Kentucky

85 months ago

Humana is HELL!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

The Senior Advocate in Brandon, Florida

85 months ago

Under the word HUMANA, there are 6 words.

"Guidence When You Need It Most"

I work for HUMANA as a Licensed Sales Agent in Direct Market Sales (DMS),and I can only say this about Humana. There are people @ HUMANA who actually care about, what is happening to the Seniors enrolled in various HUMANA Plans.
Then there are the others that are only here for the almighty dollar, or commisions that they will make. I can only speak about my personal experience w/Humana. In DMS if you do not meet the required goals, it may cost you dearly. During the lock-in period you may be calling Humana PDP members, and trying to convince them to use RIGHT SOURCE 90 Day Mail Order Pharmacy, which is owned by HUMANA.
I will say this, why would I order my prescriptions from a company that leaves the order at your door,no signatue required from the member,and if the order is lost OR STOLEN, HUMANA is not responsible. And if they have your credit card info, you wil be billed for that order. Now if my Grandparents are on a fixed income, and they are billed for 3 months of prescriptions, and the order is lost or stolen, and they still have to pay for this mistake that is not there responsibility, I WOULD LOOSE MY MIND. This is just 1 problem of many, that HUMANA needs to fix.

There are a group of DMS reps that meet once a month, with reps from Customer Service/Billing & Enrollment, to compare notes of issues that we see in the day to day operations within HUMANA, here in Tampa.

WE HAVE MANY PROBLEMS HERE IN TAMPA THAT REALLY NEED TO BE RESOLVED,UNTIL THEN THE MEMBERS WILL SUFFER.

As for working he in Tampa, I care about the people I talk to daily, I can also ignore the stupidity I see daily here at DMS. This is a SALES enviroment and if you do not meet your goals, it may cost you.

If you do work here and you have a heart beating inside of you, then do the best you can for that Medicare member on the other end of the phone.
You will feel better at the end of the da

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

undisclosed in Atlanta, Georgia

85 months ago

I worked for Humana in the Human Resources department for a year out of the Louisville office at 5th and Main Streets. Humana really is a great company, they are making major strides in the healthcare industry, great benefits, lots of opportunity for advancement and most of the people are great. However, there are a few things I want to share for those of you that are interested in getting into HR at Humana. I was assigned to work with 3 HR Directors who were overall good bosses with the exception of 1 who made my experience there a terrible one. The only comparison I can give about insight to her personality would be the movie "The Devil wears Prada" minus the glamour and fashion. Upon my arrival in the organization I had no idea of her reputation and that she had gone through several assistants. Some of which had quit or those still present refused to work with her. During my first few weeks there on several occasions I was asked by a number of employees what it was like to work for her. At the time I was baffled why people kept asking me. Other examples include a situation with a peer where a disagreement occured that required a managers intervention. I was never asked my side of the story as to what happened but was unfairly reprimanded. When opportunites of advancement came open a few peers resorted to undercutting behavior of others to put themselves at an advantage. At times I could not believe the levels of unprofessional behavior display by people that make 6 figure salarys. Not to say dont apply here, again, its a great company with lots of exciting things taking place. However, if you consider yourself a hardworking contributor who takes pride in what you do; PLEASE be sure to do your research and ask lots of questions. In my opinion, the HR department did not foster an environment of fairness and inclusion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Looking for a job in Zionsville, Indiana

85 months ago

What is the name of the new company you work for.

I'm Looking for a new job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Blank in Louisville, Kentucky

85 months ago

Okay the way I see it is, there is always going to be something that you are unhappy w/ about work. There is always going to be someone or someones that you don't care for, including managers and HR. It doesn't make the place as a whole completely horrible. And maybe, its just not for you. I think you get what you put into anything. So if you can't stand what you are doing then everything else around you is going to suc as well. No matter where you work, there will be favortism, petty drama, and things that are just plain unfair. I have experienced all this at Humana and every job I have had for that matter. But, the great part about it is, you get insurance the day you start, may not be the best insurance there is, but at least you don't have to wait 90 days to get it.. You get 3 weeks paid vacation the first year and 2 personal days also the first year and paid holidays. Pay is not bad, its hard to find a job that pays decent with out a college degree. SO I guess its whatever you decide is more important.. putting up with some petty b.s. everynow and then, and getting a decent pay check... or getting your butt in school and getting a degree which may take forever to find the job that you really want and praying that when you finally get there that you make enough money to pay off all your loans and debts by the time you are 80, AND that it doesn't carry all the extra baggage associated with pettiness? By the way.. I dont care if my spelling is off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Me in Louisville, Kentucky

85 months ago

I worked for Humana for just over a year and I've had 30+ 'jobs' in my life. Humana was BY FAR the absolute worst experience in my life. It's not even about the petty crap or the cattiness. It's about how your numbers (length of calls, not ready time, etc.) are way more important than customer service. You think you can get in through the call center and make your way to something you can tolerate. But NOOOO. Your supervisor has your future in their hands. You rock the boat (suggest better or different ways of doing things) and you're out of there. When you get fired, you're escorted out like a thief and someone gathers your personal belongings to meet you with the security guard at the curb. Wow - I'm done thinking about all the horrid things I saw while there. <sigh> Sad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

skjsdg in Louisville, Kentucky

85 months ago

30+ jobs huh? Well, I think I'll leave that one alone. I think you are forgetting that Customer Service is only 1 out of the hundreds of different positions at Humana. Working in the call center may be the most stressfull job there. And I hate to break it to you, but no matter where you work your Supervisor has your future in their hands, they are your boss and they decide if you stay or leave. And a lot of places escort you out of the building when you are fired, can you honestly blame them with all the crazy people out there? I used to work at a place where they escorted you out every night and you had to have all your belongings in a plastic bag, so that is hardly something that is relavant. Regardless, everyone is entitled to their own opionion based on their own experiences.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

CAT in San Antonio, Texas

85 months ago

I posted a comment 13 days ago about Humana and I work for the Humana Military side of Humana INC. It's all the same anyway...... Basic facts to tell you: Quota..you are required to do for example 30 referrals a day, expect to the supervisor to tell you, " You need to do better, do 40 or more". If quota is in writing, expect ONLY 30 from me. I'm not going to kill myself for you guys. Humana only rewards you by feeding their employees, making them "fat asses". No financial rewards, no bonuses, unless you are management. And speaking of management, they take all the credit for the work being done. Push and whip the slaves, but take credit for how much we've done for you. Contract is in the renewal stages and I hope they give it to someone else. I feel sorry for my fellow employees. Even the ones that kiss ass, hah!, don't see them going anywhere unless you're willing to crawl on their hands and knees..IF THAT! Try to apply for another position, even if it's lateral, they won't let you go. Out of 22 of my coworkers who fall under the same position, only ONE was transferred. Everyone else... not have a chance. Humana is a joke when it comes to caring for employees. Please people, do yourselves a favor, if your personality fits this kind of environment, more power to you. If not, look for another company BUT do your research. I'm close to leaving...I can hardly wait.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nicole in Fort Worth, Texas

85 months ago

i want to know abou humana benefit package

can someone please tell mehow much vacation
you get and all the other benefits

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Angela Duckworth in Fort Worth, Texas

84 months ago

Humana is a JOKE!!! They are the WORST company to work for and things are going to get MUCH MUCH Worse.

They out source there call centers to GOD KNOW WHERE..India, China, Mars, Venus, THE MOON
I mean these people are retarded and do not know anything. I would love for the CEO of Humana to call on his own policy and try to have a claim reporcesse with these ding bats. I mean they are RETARDED call them @ 1 888 666 7730. This number is were Humana Gold Plus members….meaning are disable and retired have to call to have claims reprocessed, ben read or any other help with there policies. I think it is so unethical to delegate these people to this call center when the people that answer the phone BARELY know english. Way to Humana you are really contributing to our society. They set up these Humana Agents to sell the Gold plus replacement plan and before the policy owner knows it, Humana will not pay their claims and these poor people are stuck trying to figure it out with someone in Egypt, India or China

I will post again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

I work in the mental health part for Humana and they have really done a bang up job in making this so complicated. Humana outsources to over 10 mental health venders Corphealth ,MH NET,Alliance,Contact Behavioal
Value Options,Psychcare,Etc…This does not include, dental, all of medcare, military,cobra, cards, presriptions and list goes on again

In the State of Wisconson they have 5 different companies just for mental health. When someone is checking into the ER bebasue they are going to killthem selves I have perosonally dealt with a three hour phone call to locate the beneifts and to precert the care. No one cares if their computer is saying it is not them that should take the call. …that is horrible!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

There are too many call transfers and benefits are never loaded when a policy starts. The superviors are never available

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

nicole in Fort Worth, Texas said: i want to know abou humana benefit package

can someone please tell mehow much vacation
you get and all the other benefits

It is 78.00 a paycheck. Not very good and the copay is 40.00

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

nb70 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: YOU need to STOP telling other people that they are "bad employees" or defining what "diversity" means. For God's sake, you can't even spell or capitalize correctly. You've got major problems listening to others and passing judgment where it isn't needed. People write on these forums to express their feelings and experiences and your habit of insulting others is ridiculous. Knock off the attitude and just speak to people instead of insulting them.

Disappointed in De Pere, WI was a hell of a lot nicer in response to your post than I would have been after being insulted by the likes of you. The only reason you are disparaging others is probably because you're a recruiter or some other "promoter" of Humana. Your attitude needs adjusting

Amen sister, and that person has to be a HR person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

believer in Louisville, Kentucky

84 months ago

I have worked for Humana for 4 years. I have loved the job and the people I have met. I was very pleased with my starting pay and the benefits. The biggest problem I have is with the department I am in and the manager. You feel like you are in kindergarten and the manager of our area could do with an attitude adjustment and a course in how to treat people. I say, if you are considering a job at Humana that you seriously consider it. The company as a whole is a good place to work. Just my opinion.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

none ya in Louisville, Kentucky

84 months ago

I would have to disagree that there are avenues to pursue. That is what Humana would LIKE for you to think, but I know from personal experience that going to HR if you have an issue is basically a job terminating move. For the record - I am not one of the bad employees mentioned. My record is completely unblemished, my attendance is WELL above average, my production ALWAYS exceeds expectations and I have PERFECT quality scores. I have received nothing but stellar reviews and have been complimented many times on my positive attitude - by my superiors. So I would like to ask why am I having the same issues that a bad employee would be having??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

none ya in Louisville, Kentucky

84 months ago

I would have to disagree that there are avenues to pursue. That is what Humana would LIKE for you to think, but I know from personal experience that going to HR if you have an issue is basically a job terminating move. For the record - I am not one of the bad employees mentioned. My record is completely unblemished, my attendance is WELL above average, my production ALWAYS exceeds expectations and I have PERFECT quality scores. I have received nothing but stellar reviews and have been complimented many times on my positive attitude - by my superiors. So I would like to ask why am I having the same issues that a bad employee would be having??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

The Senior Advocate in Oldsmar, Florida

82 months ago

undisclosed in Atlanta, Georgia said: I worked for Humana in the Human Resources department for a year out of the Louisville office at 5th and Main Streets. Humana really is a great company, they are making major strides in the healthcare industry, great benefits, lots of opportunity for advancement and most of the people are great. However, there are a few things I want to share for those of you that are interested in getting into HR at Humana. I was assigned to work with 3 HR Directors who were overall good bosses with the exception of 1 who made my experience there a terrible one. The only comparison I can give about insight to her personality would be the movie "The Devil wears Prada" minus the glamour and fashion. Upon my arrival in the organization I had no idea of her reputation and that she had gone through several assistants. Some of which had quit or those still present refused to work with her. During my first few weeks there on several occasions I was asked by a number of employees what it was like to work for her. At the time I was baffled why people kept asking me. Other examples include a situation with a peer where a disagreement occured that required a managers intervention. I was never asked my side of the story as to what happened but was unfairly reprimanded. When opportunites of advancement came open a few peers resorted to undercutting behavior of others to put themselves at an advantage. At times I could not believe the levels of unprofessional behavior display by people that make 6 figure salarys. Not to say dont apply here, again, its a great company with lots of exciting things taking place. However, if you consider yourself a hardworking contributor who takes pride in what you do; PLEASE be sure to do your research and ask lots of questions. In my opinion, the HR department did not foster an environment of fairness and inclusion.

Can you help with an HR issue someone is having @ this time.

The Senior Advocate in Oldsmar, Florida

82 months ago

sorry undisclosed in atlanta. my question was for you. need advice on HR issue. Can you help in any way?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

The Senior Advocate in Brandon, Florida

81 months ago

This is how Humana DMS in Tampa said Happy New Year to it's latest new hires.

Humana management took them all in a room and had them sign a document stating that they would work on their days off,or as needed which means(7 days a week for the rest of the year), to meet the needs of the calls that were holding. They were told if they missed a day of work...DO NOT COME BACK JANUARY 1, 2008. Now, they did not relize that a retired sheriff was in the room and he asked the Supervisor 3 times, is this legal?
He was told that what they were doing is legal.

Anyone have the phone number for the U.S. dept of Labor?

As for the rest of the staff, they were told in an e-mail the following. "Dec 28th through Dec 31st will be a scheduled work day for all DMS associates and staff. Meaning Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday is a Monday to us all. Every person is scheduled to work on all four days. Any exceptions will need Manager & Director approval."

This order came from Khursheed Zafar / National Director of Operations for Direct Marketing Services.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

asdfadsf in Los Angeles, California

80 months ago

What is Humana's policy on maternity leave? Also, do they lowball you with their first offer and you can request more?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kglaf in Louisville, Kentucky

80 months ago

I recently applied for an Meeting and Event Planning position at Humana in Louisville. My online workbench says that I am in the process of "Screening". What can expect for the rest of the process? Also, what salary should I expect?

80 months ago

kglaf in Louisville, Kentucky said: I recently applied for an Meeting and Event Planning position at Humana in Louisville. My online workbench says that I am in the process of "Screening". What can expect for the rest of the process? Also, what salary should I expect?

I would ask for at least 38,000 a year and the are going low ball you.

80 months ago

Glad I'm leaving..now supposedly we're not doing a job good enough. More, more, more...but never anything in return in the last few years. I'll be hearing more about Workman's Comp cases than in any other company I've worked for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Now it seems that the market in Tx is under fire from mgmt in Louisville. All three markets must undergo a "process" to measure our "numbers"/production. It's obvious it's for the upcoming contract that the DOD is getting ready to award. It MAY not be Humana this time for there is some pretty stiff competition with other insurance entities. Now the DOD needs to SEE how we do the process. We are supposedly bad enough to draw corporate attention and if we don't meet a certain percentage, it could mean corrective action or even termination. And yet, I haven't seen any type of APPRECIATION from management, locally and from Louisville. But we know that will NEVER happen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

DenverCO in Arvada, Colorado

79 months ago

Jill in Green Bay, thanks for your post. What company was it you found a great job with? I'm in Denver, and wondering if they have an office here. We have Anthem, Great-West (Cigna now), Humana, United....but looking to see who else is out there. Thank you!

wow in Tampa, Florida

79 months ago

I am one of the new hires in DMS Tampa. I did work those days and was told that if I did miss a day I would not be welcome back. I have a four year degree and most people there don't. It is a call center and this is my first job in such an environment. It is nothing else. Not sales. Yes we sell products but there are very little sales skills involved. The only reason I am there is for the $. The supervisors are a joke, even mine who is the most normal one out of the bunch. You must kiss as and put up #’s that are not equal to everyone if you want to move up in the company. We have sick people on a daily basis sneezing and coughing up a storm, so afraid to call in sick because it will be an “occurrence”. This is @ a health care company!!! Oh yeah you should see the people walking around that place!!! The benefits are not good either. The health coverage is limited and kind of expensive coming from a health company. Vacation is earned and is not allowed between Nov and April.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

wow in Tampa, Florida

79 months ago

. Production is every thing there, if you don’t hit your #’s or get your health license good luck. I have a manager that has never formally introduced himself to me, what is that all about? Also in meetings he regularly says not to ask him questions about technical or plan information because he does not know. You get looked down upon for asking questions as well. This so called job is for high school students if that. Oh yeah if you see a corn row supervisor want to be walking around talk to him, you will enjoy it. Oh and I was there when a bomb scare happened too, not fun. Commissions are tracked by them and there is no way to find out what actually happened to the sale. Also they are striving for “perfect service” in the company now. This is a joke and it will never happen. I had a manager talking with us about the fact that happiness comes within and has nothing to do with the work environment around you. If you come to work happy you should convey that over the phone to some pissed off geezer that can’t get his Viagra filled, and intern that will make you happy at the end of the day. So as I understand it has nothing to the bubble butt 300 lb. Ebonics person that sounds like se is going to die with maybe a GED next to me? It is like being back in elementary school. Sorry for the rant but it feels good. I am still there and just found out about this web site, so ask me any questions. If you have half a brain and I hope you do if you are reading this, DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

thanku4firingme in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

79 months ago

Well, I was hired into Humana's "new" veterans company, along with 14 other people back in November. They recruited me away from another company with promises of more money and a supervisory position in the not to distant future. As far as I know, I am the only person who has been fired (but THANK GOD they did) for not meeting "targets" that no one else has had to meet. The manager was as dumb as a box of rocks and excluded me from the beginning, which everyone was aware of but no one did anything about. She has pissed off providers, fellow employees and made my life a living hell, but gets to keep her job and I've lost mine. And, HR is an absolute joke!! I called because I was so dumbfounded by the initial write up and was assured that everything would be looked into and blah, blah, blah. Then I was excluded from a trip that the whole team was supposed to go on and I saw the handwriting on the wall. The worse part about this whole situation, I was fired on Monday and on Tuesday they posted my job!! I think when she gave me a "warning", she had already made up her mind and was just trying to ensure that I did not have a legal ground to stand on. After being fired, I found out that all of the vacation I had earned (because you cannot take any while on probation) would not be paid out, my medical insurance ended at midnight the day I was fired and now they are trying to fight my unemployment! Stellar company!! I will say that I do believe things happen for a reason and know that I will move on to bigger and better things. Ultimately, a bad company can be tolerated if you have good management, but when the management is bad and supported, it makes it unbearable! I am an above average employee who has always received the highest evaluations, the most raises and bonuses until I was lured into this position. I say Thank you for firing me!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

ANTI-HUMANA in Btown, Kentucky

79 months ago

I worked as a professional contractor for Humana in Louisville TWICE in different areas, and both times they were terribly disorganized and gave me no time or resources to accomplish my job. Far too many chiefs and not enough indians, Humana professionals tend to have so many meetings filled with bad communication skills that nothing gets done! (50% time in meetings, repeat meetings because everyone not on same page, etc.)

On one of the assignments, they expected me to document their huge, rediculous IT system in ONLY six weeks and gave me a cube ONLY ABOUT FOUR FEET WIDE. I had volumes of material, but only four feet to work?! It was also right next to a noisy cust service training session in a moldy basement. Sheesh.

I also had to contact IT to get my tools in which to document because they did not have my computer and tools ready to go when I got there -- it was up to me to get them setup. However, their inept and convoluted processes promised but did not deliver any software tools I needed after FIVE DAYS OF MY INDIVIDUAL EFFORT.

I told them to shove it. Indeed, they were setting us contractors up to fail so they could point at us and say: "See? It can't be done" or "Those contractors do not know anything. It was their fault they couldn't document it -- we are more valuable."

What a load of absolute idiots.

RUN SCREAMING FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Humana (Greed & Love of Money) in Albuquerque, New Mexico

79 months ago

Please do not leave your current company to work for Humana. The culture Management has created is greed. As you read the testamonials from employees throughout the United States, you'll see the pattern of their culture.
Humana Management came into New Mexico with an arrogant attitude thinking they could take over this market. Boy were they wrong. Since they opened their doors in 2005, they have lost over 25 employees. Humana has a bad reputation in New Mexico. Their management team is cold hearted and greedy. Humana does not care about the customer, they only care about numbers and their BIG COMMISSION Checks. In 1997, Humana left the state and gave their customers 90 days to look for another plan which caused alot of work for the brokers and employers to find other coverage within 60 days. How can you trust a company such as this. Our state is unique and Humana does not comprehend it. The 25 employees that left this company came in trusting that this company was a good company to work for. Sadly we were all mistaken. The word is out that Humana is only here temporarily like they were in 1997. Adios Humana!!!! You met your match!

This state is unique and people care for each other and will work together to help our uninsured become insured. You attitude to make money off the poor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

thanku4firingme in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

78 months ago

I found out that they fired another person out of our group, and for the same trumped up charges. I do find it funny that both of us were recruited away from the same insurance company, different parts of the country. We obviously didn't fit into the new company "environment", but both had performed exceptionally at our old company. I agree with ANTI-HUMANA , run as far away from this company as possible!! I met some really wonderful people in Louisville, some that helped me do my job, but the ignorance of so much of their leadership is amazing. I see that they still have my job posted, and, I've put the word out, so hopefully none of my friends will get caught into their web.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.