Humana's Culture

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 82)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Anonymous in Louisville, Kentucky

91 months ago

There is validity to the negative postings regarding Humana's culture. I have been with Humana for over 10 years and the politics have prepared me to RUN THE WORLD! The most political enviroment I have ever seen. The key to success is developing strategic relationships in a field of land mines! I am bound by the golden handcuffs, but I definitely am disgusted at how we treat people! It is disgraceful!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (74) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

jms in Varina, Iowa

89 months ago

Anonymous in Florida in Beaufort, Missouri said: I started with Humana in Dec of 05 as a sales agent for Medicare Part D!!!! Oh was I suprised when 2 1/2 wks in Louisville for training and only 1 hr of that time was actually spent on Part D. The rest was Medicare Advantage Plans, sales presentations ect.
This company is not about What is best for the Client, it is about how much money we can make off our Senior Population. They pay their agents triple for landing a Med Advantage contract versus a RX and the whole time telling you to stay within CMS guidelines. I know of agents getting state complaints one after the other who were held up in meetings as doing such a great job, sales over the top! This company is about the money folks, not only do they not pay claims but they don't even honor their own contracts with their employees, they are still into me for quite a bit of change, something I am sure I will never see. Has anyone ever worked for an employer that refused to give you a name and contact phone number for the payroll dept, When you prevent your employee's from getting basic information that they have a right to, imagine what they do to a client!!!! Run don't walk away from this company. I did!

10-4 Good Buddy!!! I too took the Dec 05 "Training" for Humana. Spent 3 weeks in downtown Louisville @ the Hyatt Regency. You are right about it. They do owe a lot of agents a lot of money. Don't know if they planned it that way or not---it certainly appears that they did. REALLY BAD BOOKKEEPING or Deception? Call their HR4U number and tell them you did not get paid for whatever and tell them your ATTORNEY told you to call them and give them a chance to make it right. They will then pay you---give you a letter that says they regonize they have "overpayed" you but have made a decision to OVERLOOK it. What a joke. Try it--be sure to keep all your client records---who you sold, what and when. You may need it to protect yourself from them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

No longer crying in Saint Stephen, Minnesota

89 months ago

This is a true story ... I applied at Humana, made it through three phone interviews and one face-to-face interview with two people from management, was scored as "outstanding" and offered the job of my dreams. It would be telephonic and home-based ... could my middle-aged body ask for more?! I signed all of the contracts for the job, had high-speed internet, business phone lines and privacy locks placed on the door of my designated home office. I'd even been reserved a seat on a flight to Kentucky for training. I was fewer than 48 hours away from arriving in Louisville when the job was yanked away from me. Why? Because management found out something about me that I'd already informed two recruiters about weeks earlier ... I have been in recovery from chemical substances for seven years. Oh, yes, I had also passed Humana's drug-screen test after being offered the position. It did not matter to Humana that I was in RECOVERY ... the human resource fella who informed me the job was gone acted as if he did not even know what "recovery" meant. The recruiter audibly gasped when I told her that "some of the strongest people I have ever met are those in recovery." In fact, the HR guy's first words to me on the phone were "You almost got away with this ... we caught you!" Caught me doing what? Telling the truth I guess. P.S. Humana never reimbursed me for the hook-ups to the high-speed internet and business phone lines. Both were required to be in place prior to my arrival at training. The moral of the story? F-CK, Humana. I got a better job in the end anyway ... and I am still in recovery!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (61) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

No longer crying

87 months ago

Loving Humana ...
I certainly hope that reading comprehension isn't one of your strong points. Please read my entry again. I NEVER said I was on drugs for seven years. My statement was that I HAVE BEEN CLEAN for seven years. And, contrary to what you think, I have no criminal record and I am grateful for that.
And, I never said the drug screen came before the job offer. I wrote that it came AFTER the offer was accepted by me.
I have no skeletons to hide and, hopefully, never will. Now, let's discuss your obvious problem of misjudging others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (30) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

JoeBlow in White Plains, New York

87 months ago

If you're clean ..you're clean. Why even mention that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Anon

85 months ago

great their Mr. "JOE BLOW"

:>(-

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

? in Louisville, Kentucky

85 months ago

Humana is HELL! Wish to God I never set foot in the place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

agentorange in chicago, Illinois

79 months ago

Humana is a hollow shell of what it once was and we are continuing to crumble daily. The medi-fraud will not be the thing that does us in, it will be the complete lack of sincere and talented leadership in Louisville and in the markets. In Chicago alone, we are on our third leader in as many years and I can remember seven. Our last leader could not be bothered to associate with the associates! The current savior is Napoleon personified, complete with an ego the size of the city and a pro wrestlers mentality. I should have gone to the Blues....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Pied Piper in Cumming, Georgia

79 months ago

I am posting here in an attempt to locate an honest Humana employee who would be willing to provide inside information about Humana’s rubber stamping of denials. Background story is my 4 year old had been receiving speech and OT therapy for 1.5 years now. (My son is on the ASD spectrum and is non-verbal.) I attempted to change therapy providers and have now received out of the blue a denial letter advising that he is not eligible for speech services. I have two separate doctors and a speech therapist who have documented the need for speech services. I attempted to contact the Humana customer service line and asked the girl why Humana paid for speech therapy for 1.5 years and now has suddenly stopped? She placed me on hold several minutes and came back on the line and advised that she had spoken with the Denial Department and they advised her that the denial is based upon the member contract and it has been denied as a contractual exclusion. The Humana representative advised me that the decision had been made by both doctors and nurses on staff at Humana. I asked her if the doctors and nurses received a bonus for a high denial rate and she stated that she did not know. The only advice that she provided was to say that she was sorry and file an appeal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

My experience so far with Humana has been absolutely pathetic. They have never provide the amount of therapy that medical experts in the field have stated is necessary and now Humana has advised that the will be cutting off the little therapy that they did pay for. I will have limited in- put from a lawyer who specializes in bad faith law suits against health insurance companies and I am now collecting denial letters for him to review. Background on me is that I work in the insurance industry (non-medical) and I know when an insured starts screaming about Bad Faith it certainly gets the attention of my company. I would suspect that the medical insurance companies hear this all the time and have plenty of hired guns in the form of lawyers and doctors for Humana to counter this. We all know the bottom line is $$$ and profit for Humana. Any thoughts or advice provided would be greatly appreciated and confidential in nature, Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

79 months ago

$5.8 million for Michael McAllister, the CEO at Humana Inc.

Last year-- What else can you say?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

ANTI-HUMANA in Btown, Kentucky

78 months ago

Loving Humana, you are a perfect example of in-Humana behavior. Learn how read and punctuate, please, and show the world that Louisvillians have at least some intelligence. Sheesh.

Awesome responses, No Longer Crying and agentorange! I tried contracting with Humana twice and ran screaming from the place. Two weeks (a week each try) was all it took for me to run screaming from the place. A bunch of cut-throat amateurs trying to right a sinking ship.

Beware ZirMed as well. They are a baby Humana, heavily riding on Humana's back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

agentgreen in Chicago, Illinois

78 months ago

Continued trouble in Chitown. Management continues to run for the door while the recruiters go into overdrive trying to backfill open positions from six months ago! The word must be out ... DO NOT WORK FOR HUMANA!!!! Louisville is Louisville, bunch of millionaires telling everyone how to do their jobs. The Chicago management that is left is in over their heads or just to brain dead to know any better. Sales are non existent and renewals are opportunities for brokers to bend us over. Our network continues to take us down and seems to get smaller and more expensive every day. I should have gone to the Blues....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

I love my Humana job in Louisville, Kentucky

78 months ago

I am not in sales and LOVE my job! I love most of the people that I work with. I can't wait to go to work everyday! There are not too many people who can say that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

agentgreen in Chicago, Illinois

78 months ago

At Humana, "There are not too many people who can say that". Well, you CERTAINLY got that right! You MUST be working for HR - keep drinking the Koolaid and viewing the world thru rose colored glasses. That is until the lack of sales production drives head count reductions. Guess where they'll start? In the non revenue centers like yours....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

No, I don't work in HR. It's really okay to be angry and bitter. No one will look down on you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

AgentColorBlind in Louisville, Kentucky

78 months ago

Interesting that you love your job in Louisville, yet you're spending soooo much time posting on a Job Board website? Both of you get a life! Work s.u.c.k.s everywhere in its own way and every company has their dark side. Agents, to be so critical of Humana is immature. Lover, to be so unabashedly positive while visiting a job board (and presumably looking for a new job ... give me a break) along with the trite "looking down on you" comment" is typical of the Humana stigma that most people would like to see disappear. Don't be part of the problem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

No, actually I wasn't searching for a job on a job board. I was googling "Humana stock blogs" because I was looking for a site that I found about a week ago that had a lot of interesting stuff about healthcare in general. This site was about four or five from the topin the search results. I guess that would look a little funny, me saying that I like my job on job board ;-)

Seriously, my opinions have no impact on anyones lives and your opinions have no impact on mine. I could have spent a long time listing the reasons why I like my job instead I have posted seven sentences (prior to this one). That didn't take long at all. That's the bad thing about sites like this. I voiced my opinion on my job, granted it was an opinion different than most here. Now I have to find the setting to turn off the emails that I get when people reply to the comment "I love my job". That's okay, my mistake.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Green Bay, Wisconsin

78 months ago

Actually, "I love", I give you a great deal of credit. Anyone can complain about their job, but few take the time to express the optimist's view. As for those who continue to complain- if it is that bad, leave- if you are good enough to complain constructively, you are good enough to leave and be valuable elsewhere. Why are you wasting your time complaining- put it to making yourself happier. This was meant to be a place to exchange constructive comments and information for those of us who are looking for other opportunities.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

John Denver in Denver, Colorado

78 months ago

I must be missing it! "I love", please be more specific as to what "you love" about Humana. "I love my job" does not qualify to receive "a great deal of credit ... to express an optimist's view...." The way the posts read, I'd give credit to the bashers for at least detailing their gripes and complaints. All you pumpers need to do the same!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Well, InHumana keeps getting law suits against them. Gee, is it because they can't manage anything and/or are crooked? The roof is falling in on InHumana.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

former Hum employee in indianapolis, Indiana

77 months ago

Humana is one of the most political, red tape having, disfunctional organizations I have ever stepped foot in. They are all about the bottom line, and line the pockets of those indivduals that they should not be lining. No other organization have I worked for that gives bonuses (large ones at that - in excess of 20% of salary)to only the high level employees and leave us with nothing except a 2% annual increase that we were supposed to be glad we received! While the upper people are not doing a thing, and get rewarded, and we do all the work and get NOTHING! Not to mention after I left the hell hole that is Humana they all of the sudden stopped paying my medical claims for my disabled son...I'm sure it is not a conincidence, and told them as much! Of course, they deny it, but it is funny how everything was paid until I left my position and then everything was denied. I would not step foot back into Humana for anything. Employees are mistreated by management and belittled. Worst company ever!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tiffiani in Louisville, Kentucky

76 months ago

Will humana accept my temporary agency's drug screen and criminal background check for permanet employment or will I need to do this again?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

TerryS22 in Louisville, Kentucky

74 months ago

Tiffiani in Louisville, Kentucky said: Will humana accept my temporary agency's drug screen and criminal background check for permanet employment or will I need to do this again?

I don't think you have to do it again if you are already employed in HUMANA through temp, since HUMANA pays for those temp agency to do all the reference checks, background checks on you that I'm sure they won't spend more money to get the same thing that the temp got.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

TerryS22 in Indiana, Indiana

74 months ago

ANTI-HUMANA in Btown, Kentucky said: Well, InHumana keeps getting law suits against them. Gee, is it because they can't manage anything and/or are crooked? The roof is falling in on InHumana.

What kind of lawsuits?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Here's one: www.advfn.com/p.php?pid=nmona&cb=1215694605&article=26637858&symbol=NY%5EHUM

There are others too. Do a little research on yer IE and you'll find them. And check out how Humana is doing here: www.advfn.com/quote_humana_nyse_hum.html

Their stock has fallen from $86 to a current $38 since January -- and it serves them right. Don't work there. It sux.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Screwed By Humana in Green Bay, Wisconsin

66 months ago

I worked for this company for many years and was fired without warning for reasons which are ridiculous. This company is crap as are the employees and management within the company. Supervisors are hired without having to interview for the position and the supervisors that were around were crap. There were employees playing on the internet for hours a day doing personal things and when it was reported, nothing was done. This employee is still with the company and I am not. I worked my tooshie off every single day, excelled at everything I did there - all while watching others slack off and do not even half the job I did and get raises and whatnot. The supervisors there that I have had are wimps. They are afraid to give feedback to the employees who are not performing satisfactory and let them slide by without any repercussions.

Within the company, when I was in the call center, I would need to contact other areas of the company and the people that you WORKED with were rude and unhelpful. Basically, the company hires idiots who do not even have basic skills.

There is this one lady that was on my team - older and kind of quiet - and she was just dull as a bowling bal. She didn't even get how to do the basic functions of our role, yet she is still there and on the same team after years of performing at below a satisfactory level and not knowing how to do her job. It is amazing to me that the company pays people pretty good money to do nothing - play on the internet, make personal calls all day, and not know how to do your job!!! I am so frustrated with Humana and cannot believe how this company works.

EVERYONE in the company is a back-stabber. Believe me. It's the truth. There is basically nobody there that is trustworthy and honest. Everyone that I have come across withiin the company does the bare minimum. The people at Humana have no business ethics, no values, and do not care what the hell they do during the day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No Reply - Report abuse

Booklady1 in Dayton, Ohio

66 months ago

Can anyone describe the environment/culture involved with Humana's on-site appointment centers?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

humanablues

66 months ago

I agree humana is the worst company I ever work ,I was hired as a casemanger , then I was ask to do Um and DME .Every few week they update there data base and expect you to take on more responsibilities ,they treat there nurses with little respect and deny medicare claims and sit in the office and laugh about it .. There West coast division is the worst, the administrative staff , frontline leader is a real piece of work, she lies constantly and she will tell you one thing then the next pretend she did not say it no ethics .There office on the west coast and Hawaii are the same Humana lacks ethics . Humana has no respect for the RN case managers ..If you work for Humana you will be over worked ,get no respect and the salary is poor . You have aleast 5-7 data bases to enter each day ,The poor medicare clients are being riped off .. goverment needs to step in because Humana is out of control they kick elderly individuals out of nursing home daily

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

littlelaydee in Green Bay, Wisconsin

64 months ago

I also worked in Green Bay and 100% agree with everything you said about what goes on within that part of the company. I left because my supervisor has a personal issue with me and made it known to the team and the floor and she often made comments about me at team meetings and crossed the line many times. It got to the point where she would wait until then end of the day and call HR with a list of every single thing I did all day and see what she could write me up on if anything... I always worked 110% for that dump in my first department and then for the 2nd. She once scolded me because she didnt like the way I typed, it bothered her. Eventually I was written up for being 1 minute late one week and 2 minutes late 2 weeks later.. both times I stayed and made up the time. I finally packed up my desk and told her I quit and she told me NO I couldnt quit, she needed it in writing so I grabbed a post it note off her mess of a desk and wrote I quit and walked out. I have a million stories about that place. I wish I never applied there, would have saved me a ton on insurance premium and stress relatedi illness.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

jokie in Chandler, Arizona

62 months ago

The DMS in Phoenix is abusive, discriminatory and cruel. I resigned recently. I was there when the DMS opened, they have inexperience supervisors, totally uneducated, had no idea how to treat employees. Sups had their favorites, and favoritism is rampant. Some sups have inappropriate relationship with a certain female rep....it is the talk of the floor...she is allowed to disappear for hours at a time., but it is covered up by the sups.....tit for tat? Recently, the situation with favoritism where having the opportunity to earn commission thru ROY (rest of year) was so blatant, they we had people so upset.....only certain favored ones were allowed to take inbound calls from aging in seniors, and earn commission, the rest, mostly older reps who have been with the DMS the longest, had to "cold' call people, average age of 86...and try and sell them a supplement plan....most have nver heard of Humana, or were already set with a plan., no commission earned this way...and the others kept bragging about how much commission they were making thru the summer....and the outbound reps earned NOTHING....the DMS went from 160 reps to about 84, in 2 months....some heads will probably roll as that turnover is astounding, and the reps leaving have 50 licenses in all states, and took those licenses with them to another company. This was the most abusive environment I have every worked in, and I have been working 35 years....most incompetent management I have ever experienced....Humana is in trouble.....takes months to get cmmission, and then you aren't even sure it is right because they give you no way to check....and they made mistakes thru AEP/OEP, and had to correct the bonus' over several month period.....What A Mess!!!! So glad I am gone....You can't have a "world class" organization if you treat your employees like something on the bottom of your shoe!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No Reply - Report abuse

sbj1 in San antonio, Texas

59 months ago

Greetings! Does anyone have any information on how the Humana office in San Antonio, TX is run; or, how the employees culture there is?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

4c4e1e6b in Louisville, Kentucky

55 months ago

I worked for Humana for 16 long years, their Supervisors are hired for who can party with the Managers the best. My last Supervisor was a drunk and might work for 1/2 a day. She wanted us to cover for her when her Manager called from Florida to say she was in a meeting. I felt like I was a first grade all the time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous_ in Florida

52 months ago

Humana is a huge company and has its flaws like any other company. What I can say, is I have been with them for about 5 years now as a MarketPoint Agent. I sell Medicare Advantage as well as our other products. I LOVE WORKING FOR HUMANA!!!! This is the best company I have ever worked for. We are like family in our office and the team I am on is just that, a TEAM! Now I agree things have gotten a bit stressful with this "new administration" better known as Obama care, this guys is going to ruin a very good thing for so many people. I am not going to go there. If you are in sales and work for Humana and are complaining right now, let me just say this, "YOU WILL NOT FIND ANOTHER JOB MAKING THE MONEY YOU MAKE RIGHT NOW DOING SOMETHING DIFFERENT UNLESS YOU WANT TO WORK ENDLESS HOURS AND OT!" I have all my clients call me directly if they have any questions or concerns about their benefits. I have a very high retention rate because of this. One more thing I would like to comment on, if you went to training for just working at Walmart for Part D and got all the other training as well, why would you complain about that? Medicare Advantage up to this point has been our bread and butter. I am sure you have made tons of money selling it, so why would you turn your back on your own and complain? I just don't get it! I have helped hundreds of people and would like to continue to do so. I will stick it out with this company as long as I can!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous_ in Florida

52 months ago

sbj1 in San antonio, Texas said: Greetings! Does anyone have any information on how the Humana office in San Antonio, TX is run; or, how the employees culture there is?

I don't know about the employee culture there but what I can tell you is the sales director is nice guy. Is it sales you are looking into?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Charleston, West Virginia

51 months ago

The supervision and leadership in the regional sales offices is nonexistent, these managers are paid ridiculous salaries, don't work 5 hours per week, and have no training skills, no product knowledge, and could care less. The company now wants to re-brand itself into a general insurance agency, as Medicare fades, but refuses to spend ad money. If you want to do everything yourself, train yourself, call corp. for answers, and generally want to be under constant stress, this is the place for you..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

55 still alive trying to survive in Phoenix, Arizona

50 months ago

former Hum employee in indianapolis, Indiana said: Humana is one of the most political, red tape having, disfunctional organizations I have ever stepped foot in. They are all about the bottom line, and line the pockets of those indivduals that they should not be lining. No other organization have I worked for that gives bonuses (large ones at that - in excess of 20% of salary)to only the high level employees and leave us with nothing except a 2% annual increase that we were supposed to be glad we received! While the upper people are not doing a thing, and get rewarded, and we do all the work and get NOTHING! Not to mention after I left the hell hole that is Humana they all of the sudden stopped paying my medical claims for my disabled son...I'm sure it is not a conincidence, and told them as much! Of course, they deny it, but it is funny how everything was paid until I left my position and then everything was denied. I would not step foot back into Humana for anything. Employees are mistreated by management and belittled. Worst company ever!

amen to that.. i have never been so badly treated in my life as the 3 yrs i was at "that place" (i can't even stand to utter the name)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

littlelaydee in Green Bay, Wisconsin said: I also worked in Green Bay and 100% agree with everything you said about what goes on within that part of the company. I left because my supervisor has a personal issue with me and made it known to the team and the floor and she often made comments about me at team meetings and crossed the line many times. It got to the point where she would wait until then end of the day and call HR with a list of every single thing I did all day and see what she could write me up on if anything... I always worked 110% for that dump in my first department and then for the 2nd. She once scolded me because she didnt like the way I typed, it bothered her. Eventually I was written up for being 1 minute late one week and 2 minutes late 2 weeks later.. both times I stayed and made up the time. I finally packed up my desk and told her I quit and she told me NO I couldnt quit, she needed it in writing so I grabbed a post it note off her mess of a desk and wrote I quit and walked out. I have a million stories about that place. I wish I never applied there, would have saved me a ton on insurance premium and stress relatedi illness.

same kind of demoralizing, abusive experience in the phoenix mail order pharmacy divisions.. i have never seen such incompetency and greed and agism.. and i'm certain that lying to your face is a pre-requisite to become an fll.. worst place i've ever worked in my life too.. i was also the victim of a "witch hunt" .. they will do anything to the employees, i really feel for the members

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

Anonymous_ in Florida said: Humana is a huge company and has its flaws like any other company. What I can say, is I have been with them for about 5 years now as a MarketPoint Agent. I sell Medicare Advantage as well as our other products. I LOVE WORKING FOR HUMANA!!!! This is the best company I have ever worked for. We are like family in our office and the team I am on is just that, a TEAM! Now I agree things have gotten a bit stressful with this "new administration" better known as Obama care, this guys is going to ruin a very good thing for so many people. I am not going to go there. If you are in sales and work for Humana and are complaining right now, let me just say this, "YOU WILL NOT FIND ANOTHER JOB MAKING THE MONEY YOU MAKE RIGHT NOW DOING SOMETHING DIFFERENT UNLESS YOU WANT TO WORK ENDLESS HOURS AND OT!" I have all my clients call me directly if they have any questions or concerns about their benefits. I have a very high retention rate because of this. One more thing I would like to comment on, if you went to training for just working at Walmart for Part D and got all the other training as well, why would you complain about that? Medicare Advantage up to this point has been our bread and butter. I am sure you have made tons of money selling it, so why would you turn your back on your own and complain? I just don't get it! I have helped hundreds of people and would like to continue to do so. I will stick it out with this company as long as I can!

makes me wonder just how many other jobs you've had.. i was not in sales, but the pharmacy division is horrible.. Obama has nothing to do with it.. it's the constant stress and required OVERTIME, while horse-whipping the techs to go faster and faster (gotta keep that 35% growth happening so MM can get millions more, and we got NOTHING this past year as a raise, not even a holiday dinner).. all that matters is the bottom line, money, denying as many claims as possible, fear, intimidation, favoritis

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

50 months ago

this whole page is a joke .. "Humana's Culture" ??
it's an environment of fear, intimidation, rampant favoritism and age discrimination, lies and cover-ups, hypocritical preaching of ethics and "life-work balance" while treating employees like crap and working them to death with no raises.. broad sweeps of not-too-veiled attempts at getting rid of anyone who doesn't blindly obey them or opens their mouth or has an opinion or is too old, all under the guise of "quality improvement" .. while the leadership doesn't even know how to do the jobs they supposedly supervise and make blatant discriminatory remarks. it's understaffed departments padding the pockets of upper management, unethical behavior of leaders while the head of the company pushes "perfect service" like he's running a robot factory and getting richer while they take away holidays and benefits, not to mention human dignity. if you're petty, small-minded and vicious and you know how to lie and kiss-a$$ you'll make a perfect leader.. especially if you're young and pretty and have no clue how to deal with older associates. there won't be many left soon, and we can only hope the lawsuits will expose how unethical and in-human Humana is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sweets2323 in Hollywood, Florida

50 months ago

Anonymous_ in Florida said: Humana is a huge company and has its flaws like any other company. What I can say, is I have been with them for about 5 years now as a MarketPoint Agent. I sell Medicare Advantage as well as our other products. I LOVE WORKING FOR HUMANA!!!! This is the best company I have ever worked for. We are like family in our office and the team I am on is just that, a TEAM! Now I agree things have gotten a bit stressful with this "new administration" better known as Obama care, this guys is going to ruin a very good thing for so many people. I am not going to go there. If you are in sales and work for Humana and are complaining right now, let me just say this, "YOU WILL NOT FIND ANOTHER JOB MAKING THE MONEY YOU MAKE RIGHT NOW DOING SOMETHING DIFFERENT UNLESS YOU WANT TO WORK ENDLESS HOURS AND OT!" I have all my clients call me directly if they have any questions or concerns about their benefits. I have a very high retention rate because of this. One more thing I would like to comment on, if you went to training for just working at Walmart for Part D and got all the other training as well, why would you complain about that? Medicare Advantage up to this point has been our bread and butter. I am sure you have made tons of money selling it, so why would you turn your back on your own and complain? I just don't get it! I have helped hundreds of people and would like to continue to do so. I will stick it out with this company as long as I can!

I Just got hired with Humana and I am from South Florida.. I have not started my first day as yet. But There is only one person that left a comment from the Hollywood Florida area. and it was positive.

Is it cuz the Humana here in Florida is better managed than the ones in other states.. I am just concened. You all really bashed Humana and now i am wondering if it will be that bad.

They are paying for my License for the first try.

The sup advised of all the hours during peak time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Sweets2323 in Hollywood, Florida

50 months ago

and how i will be working to maybe mid night try to close deals due to enrollment etc.

When I had the 1st interview i was told 28-30000 plus 10% commission. After mys econd interview I was offered 30,000 Maybe because I have my BA... Not sure

the 401k is match 100% for the 1st percent and 50 cents for the next 5 percent. I Am use to matching 100% for the first 3 %.. which on is better just curious..

Also, I dont care about there medical insurance, I am covered thru my husband. So on that note I will not be taking the health benefits.

All i care about now is the 401K

Are the sales easy to close since i will be calling back people that initally called in??

what is the commission really like.. thaey told me that eveyone make 10-15000 extra a year..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

luv and trust in Green Bay, Wisconsin

49 months ago

Humana is the absolute WORST employer that one could have the misfortune of working for. They expect perfection 100% of the time in spite of all the obstacles that THEY put in your way. Case in point, the workload in my department on a per employee basis is astounding. Essentially individuals handle almost 1,000 member groups by themselves and still Humana demands that they take on more responsibilities. Despite getting near perfect marks on evaluations, you will NOT receive a raise of any kind. You will be told it's "not in the budget", despite Humana touting record-breaking YTD profits.

The hypocrisy and lack of appreciation for employees that Humana illustrates is reprehensible. They are taking advantage of the economy and weak job market by treating their employees terribly. They know that their employees don't have many employment options out there and are essentially stuck at this horrible place. Therefore, they can treat them as they wish and the employees will take it. Their promotion and ardent preaching of "Perfect Service" is quite frightening as it resembles a form of brainwashing.

Do yourself a favor and don't make the mistake that countless others have. DO NOT WORK FOR HUMANA!!! Trust me, you won't regret it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Clearwater, Florida

46 months ago

I date a lady working for Humana. I can not believe what I hear. Surely this operation would be shut down if the labor board know of the threats daily and 18 hr. work days requested of the sales agents. After a 14 hr day of BS appointments they must upload their information before going out to dinner or risk losing their job...it's a concentration camp...do not buy their products they treat their employess like slaves

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bob in Clearwater, Florida

46 months ago

55 still alive trying to survive in Phoenix, Arizona said: this whole page is a joke .. "Humana's Culture" ??
it's an environment of fear, intimidation, rampant favoritism and age discrimination, lies and cover-ups, hypocritical preaching of ethics and "life-work balance" while treating employees like crap and working them to death with no raises.. broad sweeps of not-too-veiled attempts at getting rid of anyone who doesn't blindly obey them or opens their mouth or has an opinion or is too old, all under the guise of "quality improvement" .. while the leadership doesn't even know how to do the jobs they supposedly supervise and make blatant discriminatory remarks. it's understaffed departments padding the pockets of upper management, unethical behavior of leaders while the head of the company pushes "perfect service" like he's running a robot factory and getting richer while they take away holidays and benefits, not to mention human dignity. if you're petty, small-minded and vicious and you know how to lie and kiss-a$$ you'll make a perfect leader.. especially if you're young and pretty and have no clue how to deal with older associates. there won't be many left soon, and we can only hope the lawsuits will expose how unethical and in-human Humana is.

I whole heartedly agree, this company should be shut down...My girlfriend is a nervous wreck from all the daily threats

curious in North Little Rock, Arkansas

45 months ago

Humana has acquired the company I work for. Does anyone know what we can expect by way of changes in regards to production, pay, benefits, management, etc.? I'd like to hear from someone who has been part of a buy-out by Humana. I've researched them and they have made several in the last 5-8 years. We currently have provider facilities and separate billing/collections offices.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

east.emerald in Knoxville, Tennessee

45 months ago

curious in North Little Rock, Arkansas said: Humana has acquired the company I work for. Does anyone know what we can expect by way of changes in regards to production, pay, benefits, management, etc.? I'd like to hear from someone who has been part of a buy-out by Humana. I've researched them and they have made several in the last 5-8 years. We currently have provider facilities and separate billing/collections offices.

I worked for a regional insurance company purchased by Humana in late 2008. Nothing really changed until June of 2009 when we enrolled in our new benefit plans. Humana only offers employs High Deductible Health Plans. There are many varying opinions about them as a rule but I will say Humana did an ok job of making sure we understood how to best use the plan. With that said, if you have high monthly expenses for medical care/prescriptions, these plans can cause sticker shock. You have to manage paying the high deductible and at the same time be able to put money into your health savings account.
Most of the changes I experienced that were negative began to happen about a year after the purchase. My specific job was done away with locally and moved to another Humana office. I was not laid off however but moved to a "temporary" department that was to take customer service phone calls routed from Humana call centers that had hiring freezes. This was a disaster. Our training was scant and we were constantly told when asking questions, "don't worry, you won't have to know that". From the first day, it was obvious "we needed to know that" and everything else. The call volume was staggering and only made the lack of complete training worse. The company I worked for had an excellent reputation for customer service and we were shocked at how inept customer service was within Humana. After the most stressful 4 months of my work life, I gave up on being laid off and found another job. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

slavegirl in Hollywood, Florida

45 months ago

Bob in Clearwater, Florida said: I whole heartedly agree, this company should be shut down...My girlfriend is a nervous wreck from all the daily threats

Well said! I have been with Humana 10 plus years and recently my dad told me that his Doctor recommended that he switch from his Med Supp to HGP. I told my dad to switch his Doctor. I wouldn't put my dog on that plan. How sad is that?

wondering in Seattle, Washington

44 months ago

I have an interview for a Med Records Retrievel Specialist, anyone have any experience with this position?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ahhnoneemoose in Phoenix, Arizona

43 months ago

I have been employed with Humana at their call center in Tempe, AZ as a CSR for about 3 months now and am so very sorry I didn't listen to the various posts here before I took the job. This is one of the most depressing call centers I have ever worked in with a work force composed of mostly money hungry, desperate individuals. Very few (not none but most) here really cares about the members they serve which are mostly elderly Medicare members. Tbe training provided was sub par with speed valued more than accuracy. I work in a new program called 'Medicare Rewards' with the training lasting only 3 weeks even though we were cross trained in RightSource whose training on it's own normally lasts 5. If you are late back from break or lunch for more than 1 minute you are being IM'd to see if "you are OK?" Also, if you are in after call work for more than 1 minute you are asked what you are doing and why you are not back on the phones. If you were unlucky enough to have been picked to work on Saturdays you lost your one day off during the week because there is mandatory overtime during these first 3 months of the year, the busiest time of the year for the company. So for the last 5 weeks these poor people only had one day off (Sunday) a week. They are burnt out to say the least but the company could care less about their employees work/life balance. I truly hope the CEO and other upper management read these posts. Humana runs it's employee's into the ground, not thinking about how their customers could be affected by the fall out. Oh and if you think the medical benefits offered by a medical insurance company would be top-notch think again. If you want a $5000 deductible or outrageous copay than this is the company for you. Please don't make the mistake I made by ignoring these posts. This is not a company you will be proud to work for. You will find yourself caring as little about the customer as Humana cares about you the employee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.