Humana's IT Department

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

James Hatt in Jtown, Kentucky

84 months ago

Is there anyone here who works or has worked for IT at Humana? What is it like? There are a lot of negative comments on this board from customer service, call center, sales, etc. but nothing for IT. Can someone help? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Teknophage in Louisville, Kentucky

3 months ago

I have worked for Humana IT for a few years and I love it! The IT department takes professional development very seriously, and provides all kinds of resources to help me build my skills, even though I have no desire to be a manager. The $5k tuition assistance has been a great benefit, and the top IT leaders expect us to spend at least 2% of our working hours on learning. This is important as IT is always evolving & new software is frequently being released. I also get to work with a lot of other teams, including the CIO and all of his VPs. I don't feel as siloed as I have at other companies, and love the collegial culture in our IT departments. I feel like reasonable ideas are listened to and sometimes rewarded. Never would have expected this from an insurance Kentucky!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.