Nurses - especially the Personal Nurse "work at home" positions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (28)

truitt661 in Chicago, Illinois

43 months ago

I have seen this position around a couple of time and didn't know if it was a scam or not. I have 2 years as a nurse and I am sure this would benefit me and allow me to work at home woohoo.

I seen this on thehomejob.net and they have other good jobs on there also.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

C. L. in Ocala, Florida

43 months ago

I've been an RN for 12 yrs - mostly specialized ICUs. I've done case management & utilization review activities in my previous jobs. I've met RNs that have worked for insurance companies doing "work at home" telephone case management type positions, so I know they exist!

Ive still got my fingers crossed for an interview!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

truitt661 in Chicago, Illinois

43 months ago

Well, I wish you good luck and hope that you do get the job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

annienur

39 months ago

Does anyone know what their background checks entail? I have an upcoming interview and am concerned that a previous employer is likely to say I would not be eligible for rehire. I am assuming this would ruin any chance I have at obtaining the position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

C.L. in Louisville, Kentucky

37 months ago

I just wanted to update...I moved to Louisville & continued applying for various positions at Humana. I applied for a certain position in November & was called for an interview Dec 12. In the interview (for a clinical claims RN position, not work at home), I was told they would make decisions before the holidays. Holidays come & go & I figure I didn't get it, but decided to call the recruiter who set up my interview & inquire. She told me that they opened up more positions & would have decisions made this week. I got a call yesterday with a nice job offer! Start date is 2/13/12!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous

37 months ago

C.L. in Louisville, Kentucky said: I just wanted to update...I moved to Louisville & continued applying for various positions at Humana. I applied for a certain position in November & was called for an interview Dec 12. In the interview (for a clinical claims RN position, not work at home), I was told they would make decisions before the holidays. Holidays come & go & I figure I didn't get it, but decided to call the recruiter who set up my interview & inquire. She told me that they opened up more positions & would have decisions made this week. I got a call yesterday with a nice job offer! Start date is 2/13/12!!!

Oh wow, good for you. Hopefully I'll be joining you. I interviewed in late November for a start date in early December. I was never able to find out if they ever hired someone. I continued applying, had an interview set for earlier this week and they called me the morning of the interview to cancel because they realized they had already talked to me. The HR person said they liked me from the previous interview so I didn't need to talk to them again and that I should hear from her by the end of the week. So, I'm thinking I have a good chance of receiving an offer. It is for a position that also starts Feb. 13.

I'd love to hear any feedback you may have about what the next step is in case I do get an offer. I thought it was odd that their application didn't ask for references and I'm sure there'll be a drug screen, but other than that I have no idea how large companies do things.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

The hiring recruiter sent me an email asking for 3 specific dates/times when she could call. I thought it was for an interview for another position I applied for. She was actually calling to give me the job offer & take a verbal acceptance.

After that I got about 6 different emails -
1. email offer letter
2. background check email - verified info to be sent to company that does background checks
3. Onboarding info, including electronic acceptance of position
4. More onboarding info
5. drug testing info
6. info regarding training...which basically said more info will come in the near future

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

anonymous

37 months ago

C.L. in Louisville, Kentucky said: The hiring recruiter sent me an email asking for 3 specific dates/times when she could call. I thought it was for an interview for another position I applied for. She was actually calling to give me the job offer & take a verbal acceptance.

After that I got about 6 different emails -
1. email offer letter
2. background check email - verified info to be sent to company that does background checks
3. Onboarding info, including electronic acceptance of position
4. More onboarding info
5. drug testing info
6. info regarding training...which basically said more info will come in the near future

Thank you so much! I was concerned that maybe I should call people this weekend and ask if I could use them as a reference (assuming I hear good news). I'm getting the impression from you that they won't ask for this, which is good, because I'm always a little concerned that former co-workers I would use as a reference would blab to my current co-workers.

anonymous

36 months ago

Just wanted to report that I finally received an offer today for a Clinical Advisor position starting 2/13! To anyone still trying--keep applying. I applied for an insane number of positions but once I finally got a face to face interview all went well.

anonymous

36 months ago

a

36 months ago

anonymous said: Just wanted to report that I finally received an offer today for a Clinical Advisor position starting 2/13! To anyone still trying--keep applying. I applied for an insane number of positions but once I finally got a face to face interview all went well.

CONGRATS!I'm starting that day too! Where is your onboarding day at?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous

36 months ago

Monday will be at the corporate office and then on Tuesday I go to the Waterfront Bldg, 3rd floor, Belle of Lou training room. My guess is that we'll have some training together, if just the benefits info, basic computer log on, etc. I found out this past Monday that my manager will be based in Wisconsin--I didn't expect that!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

anonymous said: Monday will be at the corporate office and then on Tuesday I go to the Waterfront Bldg, 3rd floor, Belle of Lou training room. My guess is that we'll have some training together, if just the benefits info, basic computer log on, etc. I found out this past Monday that my manager will be based in Wisconsin--I didn't expect that!

I find out Monday, what my schedule is the rest of the week. I'm sure we have most of the 1st week together as it's the "basics" that all nurses have to know. See you Monday! I will be in a red & black suit.

anonymous

36 months ago

Oh wow. Now you're making me wonder. I've been wearing scrubs so long I had to go out and buy clothes. I bought dress pants assuming that would be the dress code. When I received an email from my manager in Wisconsin she said that after the first day the dress code was casual so I called to ask if that meant casual dress clothes or khakis and she said khakis. I couldn't believe it. I have no receipts so I'm stuck with what I have. Do you know anything about the dress code, other than the first day is to be formal?

I'll look for you in your suit. Not sure what I'm wearing yet.

36 months ago

anonymous said: Oh wow. Now you're making me wonder. I've been wearing scrubs so long I had to go out and buy clothes. I bought dress pants assuming that would be the dress code. When I received an email from my manager in Wisconsin she said that after the first day the dress code was casual so I called to ask if that meant casual dress clothes or khakis and she said khakis. I couldn't believe it. I have no receipts so I'm stuck with what I have. Do you know anything about the dress code, other than the first day is to be formal?

I'll look for you in your suit. Not sure what I'm wearing yet.

Had the conversation today with supervisor - business casual after 1st day. MY supervisor defined "business casual" as - dress pants with a blouse or sweater set. Skirt & sweater set or blouse. Basically, no jacket or suit needed.

I wouldn't return your dress pants...while you can wear khakis it's never out of place to dress a little nicer the first while...makes a good impression ;)

anonymous

36 months ago

Great, that's exactly what I bought! I had to get shoes, the whole shebang. Thanks.

amy moertle in Hebron, Kentucky

28 months ago

C.L. in Louisville, Kentucky said: I just wanted to update...I moved to Louisville & continued applying for various positions at Humana. I applied for a certain position in November & was called for an interview Dec 12. In the interview (for a clinical claims RN position, not work at home), I was told they would make decisions before the holidays. Holidays come & go & I figure I didn't get it, but decided to call the recruiter who set up my interview & inquire. She told me that they opened up more positions & would have decisions made this week. I got a call yesterday with a nice job offer! Start date is 2/13/12!!!

do you like your job worried im making bad decision to leave hospital how much an hour big difference from hospital????? please reply

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

C. Lee in Louisville, Kentucky

28 months ago

I've been here almost 1 year and LOVE LOVE LOVE my job. It's not for everyone. I sometimes do miss the day to day "hands on" nursing activities, but I make up for it with lots of critical thinking skills. I do NOT miss the hospital politics, hours, call, etc AT ALL. I work 8 - 4:30 mon - fri. I occasionally work from home on the weekends if I have things piling up that I need to take care of, or if I'm making up time from being off for an appointment. I've had 2 minor promotions in less than 1 year and can only see my career with Humana going up from here!

I'm not going to discuss $$ specifics, because salary offers are dependent on a lot of factors. I make as much as I made in the hospital with call & shift diff as I do now with no OT/call/crazy hours. I'm a single mother and for me having security of schedule was paramount. I get all major holidays off and have flexible scheduling for appointment, school inservices, etc.

The only way you will know is if you try...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

A Rain in Cincinnati, Ohio

27 months ago

Thinking of applying for a similar job, but concerned about having not worked for an insurance company before. Did you have case management experience or insurance experience. How long did you have to work onsite before getting to work from home?

Thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mkwambold@aol.com in Slatington, Pennsylvania

10 months ago

I start as a nurse case manager work at home on April 6, go to FL for the first two weeks for training. Does anyone know the dress code for training and any tips?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Samantha in Franklin, Kentucky

8 months ago

mkwambold@aol.com in Slatington, Pennsylvania said: I start as a nurse case manager work at home on April 6, go to FL for the first two weeks for training. Does anyone know the dress code for training and any tips?

How is your job doing? I just had my phone interview, now I have a web can interview In a week. Trying to decide how much I want to work at home.

CardsFan5 in Crestwood, Kentucky

8 months ago

Samantha, which nurse position are you applying for? I too have a second phone interview next week. I've applied for their cancer nurse navigator position. Apparently, orientation training is 12 weeks, did they say anything like that to you? Just making sure I heard it correctly.

Samantha in Bardstown, Kentucky

8 months ago

Case management, 2weeks training in FL, & 2weeks at home, I hear Humana is a great company to work for :-)

Cardsfan5 in Crestwood, Kentucky

8 months ago

Awesome! I talked to a humana nurse yesterday who does case mgt set up & was very happy with humana. Good luck & I hope it is great. It's all about attitude & we get what we put into it.

Natasha

2 months ago

I am curious to know how to get your foot in the door in case management with no experience?
I'm currently a CNA with psychiatric sub acute experience in a LVN program. My goal is to bridge to RN and specialize in case management. Any externiships, internship organizations available?

Natasha

2 months ago

I am curious to know how to get your foot in the door in case management with no experience?
I'm currently a CNA with psychiatric sub acute experience in a LVN program. My goal is to bridge to RN and specialize in case management. Any externiships, internship organizations available?
Someone told me to sign up with a Case Management organization and network

lilacautumn

2 months ago

I have applied for case management position. I haven't heard anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lily in Troy, Michigan

27 days ago

anyone know of any non hands on nursing jobs besides case management? Im interested in health teaching possibly in a doctor office

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.