A person who'll interview for Humana's Actuarial position

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

LCen in Toronto, Ontario

68 months ago

I summarized this discussion without bias and I have a Question for you to answer.

I'm interviewing for actuarial analyst position on Friday. So far, I have seen many negative comments on this company. Other than Aaron (whom I question his identity), most negative comments come from sales personnel, tele marketing, and people with a bad interviewing company. What about other roles? (please do not only quote Aaron, I have already seen it)

After my phone interview, I did notice that the pace of the company has a fast pace, but their agent was never the less very friendly. (I spoke to Ms. Woodley btw) I worked as an HR assistant in a large company before, and take my word, it's not as relaxing as you may think. At this point, I have to say that I look forward to a challenging and fast paced environment. However, I do have a little doubt in my mind. Can any you tell me, without bias, how bad is the office politics? (I'm especially looking forward to hear the answer from Mable, Aaron, and loving Humana)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Threekatzmom in Greenville, South Carolina

31 months ago

My first telephone call from Humana was on December 1st. I found the girl to be very knowledgeable and enjoyed my conversation with her. I was informed what the salary would be and the date of hire. I told abou the week of training in Tampa. All the questions I had were answered and I knew someone was going to call me for another interview via telephone. Within (3) days I was called again and given a date and time for the next interview. The second girl was right on time and we talked about 30 minutes. I was told that I would be called to arrangea face to face interview but this wouldn't happen until after Christmas.I was asked how much notice I needed to be about to fly out on business. I told them not much notice was needed.I was told that the benefits start the day you started employment and that the pay periods are Jan.23rd and Feb. 6th....It's possible Hamana holds back the first week pay but this isn't for sure. So far so good. The position is for a FIeld Case Manager and I have been a Field Case Manager for 28 years.......Dear Santa All I want for Christmas is this job! Happy Holidays.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lookingAround in Spokane, Washington

11 months ago

I applied for a field case manager position. I have been doing this work for 7 years. I am curious what they told you the salary range was. Also, what is your degree in? Are you liking it so far? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Curious in Warrior, Alabama

11 months ago

lookingAround in Spokane, Washington said: I applied for a field case manager position. I have been doing this work for 7 years. I am curious what they told you the salary range was. Also, what is your degree in? Are you liking it so far? Thanks.

Hello, I have recently interviewed with this company for social work case manager and found that everyone I have spoken with has been very pleasant knowledgeable. Can either of you tell me about your personal experiences/opinions about working for this company? I am looking to advance and possibly locate in addition to a long term career. Any thoughts/advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.