Does Hyatt ever read the on line applications?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Debbi

86 months ago

I went to the Hyatt website and completed the entire application process, including the "test". I was just appling for a server job at the Orlando Hyatt Airport. I did this over 7 days ago. I have very good refs.and alot of experience. What is going on? Do you really need to know someone to get a job in this company?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Orlando, Florida

86 months ago

Debbi,

Don't waste your time. They let a co-worker of mine go on trumped up charges. A manager was having another employee fill out things about other servers. This co-worker found it in a room where we all do our paperwork. He said he didn't know anything about it and then lied (when it got to HR) saying he did know about it and she must have gone through his office. Her dad has wondered if they need to get an attorney. Don't waste your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Murphy in Westland, Michigan

86 months ago

I only know about the Hyatt I applied for, in Michigan and yes they do read the online applications, I applied for a server position and was called in for an interview a week later I have my 3rd interview tomorrow. When I was in the HR office waiting for my interview I saw the office computer was on the "taleo" page and was printing all the applications.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Debbi

86 months ago

Well I wish you luck. As you can see from the post above yours we are not that lucky down here in Florida. I was born and raised in Chicago and the work ethics are so different here than up north I have been here for 9 yrs and I am still amazed at how there is no work ethic the majority of F&B employers think that the "staff" are a dime a dozen I guess that is why the turnover rate here is so bad. If this job is what you want I hope you get it!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ROBERT in Toledo, Ohio

85 months ago

Debbi said: I went to the Hyatt website and completed the entire application process, including the "test". I was just appling for a server job at the Orlando Hyatt Airport. I did this over 7 days ago. I have very good refs.and alot of experience. What is going on? Do you really need to know someone to get a job in this company?

I almost gave up thinking that the Hyatt or anyone else for that matter was actually going to answer there online applications. But, then about two weeks after submitting my application I got a call and guess what I got the job. it does not pay very well but there are great benefits. When I asked them why they chose my application out of several thousand the HR person said that it was because I answered that I enjoyed making others happy and put others before myself. Which is the truth. I later found out that they also called all of my references and asked them if I actually cared more for others than myself. I wished that the system would have worked faster but what the heck. I start in about a week and can not wait to have an actual paycheck again

Hang in there the right job and opportunity will present itself soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

stephen

85 months ago

I work in the guest parking division of a company that works both for the Hyatt and other Hotels. ONE THING you need to remember - is that each hotel does its own hiring. I know of some Hyatts ath are excellent others that are cr##- it just depends which one you apply for. Dont forget also that hotel management ins most hotels in my expereince are not the sharpest knives on the block! Thats why some hotels do well whilst others are managed so badly. So seek the hotel rather the an the group.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Patricia in Vail, Arizona

85 months ago

Debbi said: I went to the Hyatt website and completed the entire application process, including the "test". I was just appling for a server job at the Orlando Hyatt Airport. I did this over 7 days ago. I have very good refs.and alot of experience. What is going on? Do you really need to know someone to get a job in this company?

You are absolutely on track with this. I felt the same way. It was a complete waste of time because they never respond other than when they indicate they "RECEIVED" your application. They say they want professionals for their positions--How professional is it when they have no response or communication for the loss of time taken online!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

------ in Maine

84 months ago

If you are wondering what is going on with your application - CALL THEM! Get the phone number of the hotel you applied at and ask the operator to direct you to HR. Hyatt's HR will at least tell you if they are still considering you or not. If not, don't waste your time by asking why, just apply again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.