Hyatt News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Hyatt stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Taylor in Dallas, Texas

85 months ago

Hyatt's new concept hotel “Hyatt Place” will stay afloat, but it will be a crap job. Their “gallery host” position promotes piety competition between co-workers. There will always be a high turnover. I mean who wants to be a greeter (a bell hop without the tips), cook and clean guest food orders, work front desk, and serve drinks.
WinMSI, the hospitality software, is the worst. I've worked on monochrome, non-mouse systems with much better organization.
Their food and drink POS system lacks way to a tip for room and credit charges; this will get even worst if they decide to start room service. The uniforms are straight from the 70's and the earth tone fire reds throughout the lobby will make firemen cringe.
And don't forget, there must always be 13 green apples in the bowl at the entrance of the hotel are we will fail our inspection. Now go check-in that Ancient Mariner carrying that dead albatross.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

------ in Maine

83 months ago

Hyatt just a got a huge amount of cash from new investors. They are planning to spend that on acquiring more properties. That means - more jobs for us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

buchanan in New York, New York

58 months ago

I am interviewing for a sales position (not senior) at Andaz, Hyatt's new property in NYC. What can I expect as a salary? Do they pay commisions on top of salary?

Colored_FA in pheonix, Arizona

39 months ago

buchanan in New York, New York said: I am interviewing for a sales position (not senior) at Andaz, Hyatt's new property in NYC. What can I expect as a salary? Do they pay commisions on top of salary?

how did it go?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.