Hyatt pay scales are way below industry average

Comments (4)

JEB

98 months ago

I worked for Hyatt hotels right out of culinary school back in the 80's and was named Banquet Chef after 6 months of service. The pay 350.00 a week hahahaha can you believe it. Their are to many reputable hotel chains out their that are willing to pay for education and talent....STAY AWAY

Randy in Chicago, Illinois

98 months ago

The 80s was a long time ago... I have known Sous Chefs and Executive Sous Chefs that work for Hyatt and other companies. The pay is very competitive with all the major chains.

JEB

98 months ago

I agree Randy but I guess it was just a turn off being right out of school. Now in my forties I work for an independently owned property and am happy to say I am in the six figure range. Thanks for your input.

Joe in Bourbonnais, Illinois

97 months ago

I believe that Hyatt is a fair company, in regards to wages. What I further believe is people, like myself, go to culinary school have the mentality that as soon as they graduate they are automatically a "CHEF" and deserve to be paid the same as a chef who has been tried, tested, and proven. I'm an Executive Chef and have been for years. It took time to get me where I am, and that is the way it works. None of us are overnight sensations. If you are in your 40's now and making 6 figures good for you! Grow up & quit crying about the 80's and appreciate what you have now, that was 20+ yeasrs ago!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.