Hyatt pay scales are way below industry average

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

JEB

91 months ago

I worked for Hyatt hotels right out of culinary school back in the 80's and was named Banquet Chef after 6 months of service. The pay 350.00 a week hahahaha can you believe it. Their are to many reputable hotel chains out their that are willing to pay for education and talent....STAY AWAY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Randy in Chicago, Illinois

91 months ago

The 80s was a long time ago... I have known Sous Chefs and Executive Sous Chefs that work for Hyatt and other companies. The pay is very competitive with all the major chains.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

JEB

91 months ago

I agree Randy but I guess it was just a turn off being right out of school. Now in my forties I work for an independently owned property and am happy to say I am in the six figure range. Thanks for your input.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Bourbonnais, Illinois

89 months ago

I believe that Hyatt is a fair company, in regards to wages. What I further believe is people, like myself, go to culinary school have the mentality that as soon as they graduate they are automatically a "CHEF" and deserve to be paid the same as a chef who has been tried, tested, and proven. I'm an Executive Chef and have been for years. It took time to get me where I am, and that is the way it works. None of us are overnight sensations. If you are in your 40's now and making 6 figures good for you! Grow up & quit crying about the 80's and appreciate what you have now, that was 20+ yeasrs ago!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.