South Beach Bartending

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Mary A Johnson in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

95 months ago

Anyone know anything about SOBE South Beach Bartending School & Staffing Company in Miami? I heard is a scam! If anyone has taken the class please post!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Hoover in Pompano Beach, Florida

92 months ago

I have not taking a class, in Miami beach Bar tending schools, But my friend recently took the class and they got her a job for the Winter Music conference 2007 as soonest she finish her training, the job was at Nikki beach Miami, she made a ton of cash, I guaranteed it's not a scam...

I hope you Find this hopeful the #'s are
(305)300-2277
(786)287-6898

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

George in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

89 months ago

Mary A Johnson in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Anyone know anything about SOBE South Beach Bartending School & Staffing Company in Miami? I heard is a scam! If anyone has taken the class please post!

Yes it is a scam. It is not even a licensed school. You sit at a hotel bar and watch the instructor make a few drinks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kate in Gambrills, Maryland

88 months ago

The best way to learn the bar trade is to find a barback job or a server job that offers bar training. know the popular drinks in your area, because this will be repetitive. Most people drink
simple drinks like rum and coke, vodka tonic, scotch and water and so on. In maryland the new drink now is a mojito. Know your garnish. Anything with rum, tonic or cranberry will get a lime most of the time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Pissed Off in Miami, Florida

85 months ago

It is a scam, I recently signed up for the program and they claimed that they were licensed with the Florida Dept of Education. When I checked the FLDOE website they did not even exist. Do your research when looking for a bartending school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

joel briggs in miami, Florida

85 months ago

I took the class. A big joke. One day we could not use the hotel bar so we went to a local bar and watched the bartender make drinks. I think I learn't more watching the bartender!!!!!!
They advertise a lot about making $300 a day and all these parties. They even guarantee it...but it doesn't happen. You cannot do anything about it because they are not a real school, in otherwords they are not licensed by the state. Yes it is a total scam.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Rachel in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

59 months ago

I attended South Beach Bartending School & Event Planning & Staffing Company a few months ago and have been working around the clock non-stop! They have been so great with hooking me up with constant jobs and I am so thankful I went to school there!! Deffinatly worth every penny!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Will Cochrane in West Palm Beach, Florida

33 months ago

TOTAL CON ARTISTS! Saw all the bad reviews all over the internet so I decided to back out less than 24 hours after putting down my registration deposit. I called them and John told me to come back down to their location (which is an hour away) and Derek would refund my money. Derek would not give me a refund. VERY BAD BUSINESS. Derek is evil and John is a liar. I happened to see the certification they print out because I happened to be in there on "graduation day". The cert is piece of paper they fill in your name and print it out. Garbage. They give you a "bar card" too I guess to make you feel special? I dont know. It looks like a school ID and is obviously just as worthless as the "certificate".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jason in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

24 months ago

LOVED THE PROGRAM!! I got training and a job afterwards! I read bad reviews but decided to do it anyways and now Im working and earning money! Go South Beach Bartending

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

MARTIN99 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

22 months ago

school is a SCAM - STAY AWAY - NOT LICENSED -THEY ARE BEING INVESTIGATED BY Florida Department of Independent education

if you've been ripped off by them call and report them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.