how can I get in with a felony

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 100)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

ME in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

88 months ago

Which is illegal....MAN

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

william hall in Malinta, Ohio

88 months ago

what if you haue known child

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

r in Plummer, Idaho

88 months ago

I agree....just dont tell them.....illegal?...who gives a crap, it works and once your in its no big deal.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

Albert in Elyria, Ohio

88 months ago

ME in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: Which is illegal....MAN

Hah! Like many employers [don't] do anything illegal?

They just get angry when an applicant outsmarts them. Think about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

jeff in Kansas City, Missouri

88 months ago

r in Plummer, Idaho said: I agree....just dont tell them.....illegal?...who gives a crap, it works and once your in its no big deal.....

Yes it is a big deal if they have a policy that they can't hire felons then you will be fired for not telling them. I have a felony and have had this problem. The casino's absolutely can not hire you, lowes, and home depot have corporate policies that they can't hire felons. Always be honest. I have been with my current employer for 14 months and the one before that for a year. and that is as long as i've been out of jail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

dannette watkins in Margaret, Alabama

88 months ago

ok now since we are being honest............i'm a lady, never been in trouble before or anything and recently i got arrested for attempting to elude police. Now I've got a record and I'm worried that I cant get a job because I won't pass the background check...I know this is a misdemeanor
but I WAS ARRESTED !!!! The police have a record on me>>>>> Now how will I ever get pass this stupid mistake I made and get hired?????? Thats what Im worried about......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Tyrone in Sarasota, Florida

88 months ago

A yo, I might be able to fix you up girlfriend ...let me talk to my "associates"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

abl in Midland, Michigan

88 months ago

You should look into getting bonded by the federal governmennt. I have a friend who was recently released from prison and got into a program thre the government that bonded him for $10,000.00 meaning that his employer wouldn't have to pay the $10,000.00 he made the government would pay him for the work. I'm not sure what the qualifications are but your situation sounds similar to his with the kids and all. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

deyanachic

88 months ago

even if u dont tell, they still do background check... trust me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Chicago, Illinois

88 months ago

just try to go back to the same place u had your court hearing and try to get it expunged.
if u only have one or 2 cases on your record, they will clear it from the state police files.
mostjobs only check state police files because chekcing fbi files cost more money....airports check all files because of 9/11...so youll never get a job there.
if u got arrested in the past for anything, and u were found guilty...then you will have a fbi file for the rest of ur life.
but u can still get ur state police file erased.
that is unless ur a repeat offender.
i only got arrested one time in my life..and got mine cleared..yeah i still got a fbi file...but im cleared from state records.
good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

My daughter's felony in Saint Louis, Missouri

87 months ago

My daughter wrote a check for $525.00 for rent money to her boyfriend. They broke up and he said he would never cash the check then he did!
Now she's a felon and can't get a decent job. Can this record ever be cleared?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Unkown in Chandler, Arizona

87 months ago

Unfortunately any corporations will not hire you if you have a record at all. I have worked for Honeywell and Hilton and now that I have a misdemeanor and now no Fortune 500 companies will hire me if though I am qualified. It's unfortunate that corporations cannot take an honest look at your work history and references and see that you are human and made a mistake. Good luck, I have never been able to find a job in a Fortune 500 company since. Equal opportunity employer. Ha Ha!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

My daughter's felony in St. Louis in Saint Louis, Missouri

87 months ago

I agree. Why can't companies take a look and listen to what your "mistake" was instead of writing off a potential excellent employee for basically $25.00 - since that was over the $500 limit.
Thank you so much for responding. I am next going to write a letter to the prosecuting attorney and show proof how the check was paid off - although in small increments - and ask if i can have the record expunged. Wish me luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky

87 months ago

My daughter's felony in St. Louis in Saint Louis, Missouri said: Why can't companies take a look and listen to what your "mistake" was instead of writing off a potential excellent employee for basically $25.00 - since that was over the $500 limit.

You are correct and I wish you luck, but to answer your question of "Why?" is is simple. Companies just don't need to do that. Put yourself in the company's shoes for a second..

If you had an opening and 100 people applied and out of those 100 four were excellent candidates (including a person with a criminal record). Now you have to decide between the four who are all equal in skills....

One has been fired from a previous job; one has a criminal record; one had a serious auto accident and was unable to work for two years; and one has no problems that are apparent.

The one who was fired might have been fired because of a refusal to have sex with the boss and the case is still being investigated by the EEOC. The one who has the record may have just bounced a check with a high dollar amount. The one who was in the accident was not at fault and was incapacitated only because of visual problems that took a long time to heal.

All four are still equally qualified and basically innocent, but the company does not wish to take the time to investigate when they have one candidate that requires no investigation.

Likewise, the investigation might prove that the one who was fired was fired because he/she attempted to stab some other employee. The one who has the criminal record might prove to have just gotten out of prison on a murder charge for killing another employee. The one who had the accident might prove to have had the accident while chasing another employee he/she was determined to punch in the face.

To the viewpoint of the company, "Why take the trouble? Just hire the person who is easy to hire. It is equal OPPORTUNITY because all four were interviewed and all were considered for the posit

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Stokey in Farmington, Washington

87 months ago

I worked for a huge caregiving company for almost two years. Whilst employed there I got charged for Grand Theft, which I had committed years earlier, before I had been hired with them. My bosses knew and continued employment with me. After a problem with a coworker, I quit. Later on the coworker quit, now I want my job back with them. They won't rehire me because of my record, which is crap because they knew about it when I worked there. Is there anyway around this? I can't expunge my record until I'm finished with probation, which I won't be for another few years. Am I just gonna be screwed, and stuck with crappy jobs until then?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Hazel Crest, Illinois

87 months ago

Unfortunately, the system seems to be in the habit of screwing people fairly regularly. I was arrested and convicted of retail fraud twice within a six-month period. It was a very rough time and I was primarily stealing from grocery stores. This was fully four years ago. Since then, I have been kicked out of law school, fired from my meager job at a retirement home, and (not surprisingly) attempted suicide three times. I can't find a job anywhere, and this is all for just two misdemeanors. I wish I could die, I really do. I have to live with an abusive man because I cannot afford to live on my own and I can't find a job that pays enough to cover my student loan bills or anything else. I have turned to lawyers for help, but all of them tell me that I am not eligible for expungement or sealing. I did no jail time - only court ordered counseling. I am now labeled a thief and my life is ruined. I sit here and read other people's stories on the Internet and I cry for them and for me...and that's my life. I have even considered fleeing the country or buying a fake identity to escape my past, but I haven't quite got the courage for such measures. I wish one of you could help me. I wish I could help all of you.
The only thing I can do is listen and hurt with you. I am so sorry that you've all been tossed into this boat too. I would not wish this living hell on anyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Stokey in Coeur D Alene, Idaho

87 months ago

Yeah, when you're entire life seems hopeless because of a mistake made so long ago. Now I work as a custodian, cleaning up garbage, vacuuming. It's a terrible, bottom-feeder job. Every night I just cry, knowing I have to go back the next day and clean up more garbage. My boss is a miserable man who wants to make everyone else miserable too, my PO won't let me quit my job, and no one else will hire me because of my criminal history. I just cruise the internet, finding people who have it worse off than I do, and thinking, "Well, I'm a little better off than them." Not that it really makes me feel any better. It makes me feel worse that this is the world we live in today. And some people tell me, "Just pray. God will fix it. Just have faith." Well, that hasn't worked yet. Is God going to expunge my record? Will he find me a new job? I think not. My faith, sadly, has dwindled to almost non-existence. But rambling isn't making me feel any better either, so...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Richard in Harrodsburg, Kentucky

87 months ago

Charlie, you should change your handle to "The Devil's Advocate", lol!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Advocatus Diaboli in Louisville, Kentucky

87 months ago

Richard in Harrodsburg, Kentucky said: Charlie, you should change your handle to "The Devil's Advocate", lol!

Good idea! Thanks. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Sherwood, Arkansas

87 months ago

I understand where u are comming from .i'm a felony myself trying hard to find a job .hell i'm a cdl driver that can not get a job.i have a second degree battery back in 1999. i do not understand when they say we have paid our debt for the mistake we made.we've done the time paid the fines.now they just shove us aside just like the do the people in iraq thats dieing for this country.open up the gates to the mexicans,japenesse,irans,and any body else and give them jobs how many checks are the doing on them in the country.the may have a record here but what about their country.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anglsxn in Los Angeles, California

87 months ago

Heather in Hazel Crest, Illinois said: Unfortunately, the system seems to be in the habit of screwing people fairly regularly. I was arrested and convicted of retail fraud twice within a six-month period. It was a very rough time and I was primarily stealing from grocery stores. This was fully four years ago. Since then, I have been kicked out of law school, fired from my meager job at a retirement home, and (not surprisingly) attempted suicide three times. I can't find a job anywhere, and this is all for just two misdemeanors. I wish I could die, I really do. I have to live with an abusive man because I cannot afford to live on my own and I can't find a job that pays enough to cover my student loan bills or anything else. I have turned to lawyers for help, but all of them tell me that I am not eligible for expungement or sealing. I did no jail time - only court ordered counseling. I am now labeled a thief and my life is ruined. I sit here and read other people's stories on the Internet and I cry for them and for me...and that's my life. I have even considered fleeing the country or buying a fake identity to escape my past, but I haven't quite got the courage for such measures. I wish one of you could help me. I wish I could help all of you.
The only thing I can do is listen and hurt with you. I am so sorry that you've all been tossed into this boat too. I would not wish this living hell on anyone.

Why don’t you consider starting a business where you can be the boss and not have to go through what you are going through? See if there is any training you can take that will gear you to become self-employed.

Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

My daughter's felony in St. Louis.. in Saint Louis, Missouri

87 months ago

Well, I have wonderful news. My daughter's boss wrote and asked for a "permission to work" for my daughter and my daughter sent in with it the evidence of her having paid off the "bad" check.
She applied for a new job and told them the truth and when they did the background check there was NO FELONY on her record.
So God DOES answer prayers. Of course we sometimes have to put "legs on our prayers," so to speak and get out there and try to change things.
I know life can get hard, but we just have to keep the faith and keep on going!
I've gone through colon cancer, I have Multiple Sclerosis, and my last husband treated me terrible. But although I am not wealthy I can pay my bills and I really thank God for that.
Please believe in yourself and don't be so hard on yourself. Look in the mirror and tell yourself about all your GOOD traits, and keep believing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

zippy in Saint Petersburg, Florida

87 months ago

Just break in late at night, ha-ha-ha.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Stokey in Pullman, Washington

87 months ago

I do understand. I do feel bad. You think people can't change? It was something I did years ago, as a teenager, when I was high. If you can't give people a second chance ever, then what are you worth? Judging someone by something they did years and years ago makes you just as bad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stokey in Pullman, Washington

87 months ago

Besides Charlie, why are you here ragging on people who are trying to better themselves? This is a forum for people who want to change. Would you rather we never changed and kept on stealing and screwing people forever? That would do the world no good, and people who think like you do, do us no good either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Stokey in Pullman, Washington

87 months ago

My daughter's felony in St. Louis.. in Saint Louis, Missouri said: Well, I have wonderful news. My daughter's boss wrote and asked for a "permission to work" for my daughter and my daughter sent in with it the evidence of her having paid off the "bad" check.
She applied for a new job and told them the truth and when they did the background check there was NO FELONY on her record.
So God DOES answer prayers. Of course we sometimes have to put "legs on our prayers," so to speak and get out there and try to change things.
I know life can get hard, but we just have to keep the faith and keep on going!
I've gone through colon cancer, I have Multiple Sclerosis, and my last husband treated me terrible. But although I am not wealthy I can pay my bills and I really thank God for that.
Please believe in yourself and don't be so hard on yourself. Look in the mirror and tell yourself about all your GOOD traits, and keep believing.

Right on about your daughters charge, that is awesome that some people can give second chances and judge someone by their past forever. Very awesome to hear!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Stokey in Pullman, Washington

87 months ago

I mean NOT judge someone by their past forever :) It's late and I'm tired. I wish everyone were as forgiving as her boss

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky

87 months ago

Stokey in Pullman, Washington said: I do understand. I do feel bad. You think people can't change? It was something I did years ago, as a teenager, when I was high. If you can't give people a second chance ever, then what are you worth? Judging someone by something they did years and years ago makes you just as bad.

Oh cute. I am a law abiding citizen and have done things right all my life and now you want me to believe somehow I am a bad person for being against people who break the law? Ridiculous.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Kurtzke - aka JK in Des Plaines, Illinois

87 months ago

While the replies to this post range from rambling to resentful and from hurtful to helping, there are a few potential answers. First thing to consider is what the felony was. If it were sexually related or violence related then you are not likely to be considered for areas like Room Service in a hotel. If it was for theft then you are not likely to be considered for "Front of the House" positions or in any capacity that involves cash, goods transfer or access to secure locations.

Research potential positions in a Hotel and eliminate the positions that you would not personally hire anyone for who had the same background - from an objective and not subjective viewpoint. Follow some of the valid suggestions above in an attempt to have a written explanation of why you would now be a potentially good candidate. Check organizations like The Safer Foundation, who have experience with these matters and who might be able to help.

A long time ago I hired an ex-con with a felony conviction for a battery related offense for a prominant Hilton Property, and placed him in the Kitchen working under a very strict Executive Chef. I believed that he presented his past honestly and that all he wanted was a chance, so I was also willing to take that chance by considering him along with the other candidates. He had worked through the Safer Foundation to help him acclimate. He turned out to be an excellent employee - very dedicated, very reliable, very motivated and eventually very successful. Today he has been able to look back and see that he was willing to follow procedures that would allow him to feed and raise his family, and that the future was not as dark as he thought it would be because of a past mistake.

It is up to you, but it is highly possible to get hired depending upon the circumstances.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Hazel Crest, Illinois

87 months ago

I stole because I was hungry but I knew it was wrong. I am in desperate need of forgiveness not just from God and society in general, but also from myself. I understand where you're coming from, Charlie. I am sorry that I hurt the law-abiding citizens and I sincerely do wish to change. I have not stolen a thing, broken the law in any way, or even broken the speed limit since the two misdemeanors. I am not a hardened criminal and I never could be.

I just wish, Charlie, that you could soften your tone a little. Especially when speaking to some of the others. A lot of the people posting here have been through something akin to an earthly hell and they don't need any more pain. Please be gentle. None of us is perfect, but most of us are trying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Sherwood, Arkansas

87 months ago

i'm not raggen on anyone i'm a felony myself who can not get a good job. thats why i'm staying on charlie,case. i'm with u guys.beleave that

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky

87 months ago

Heather in Hazel Crest, Illinois said: I stole because I was hungry but I knew it was wrong. I am in desperate need of forgiveness not just from God and society in general, but also from myself.

Then I would suggest you go out and feed someone who is now hungry and explain to them how it wrecked your life to resort to crime so they are not tempted to do it. Those who stole, return the item or money to the person you stole it from and ask them to forgive you. If you stole from a business, go back there and offer to work for them for free to make up the cost they lost when you took something them.

Those are the sort of actions that cause God and society to forgive you. It is called repentance. Asking people to just forget about it isn't going to get you anywhere.

If you are keeping up with me here, what you will find is that some crimes cannot be repented for in that way. If you take a life or harm someone's mind (as in a rape case), there is no way to put it right again. It is those crimes that generally are called felonies. They are considered that bad for that reason - that they cannot be undone generally.

Even stealing an expensive item like a car cannot always be undone because there is no way you can go back and change the history of that impact on the person. He/she may have had to ride the bus for a month until they could sort it all out and the insurance could get a replacement car. Their insurance might not have covered theft and they had to pay for two cars, the one you stole and the replacement. That added expense might have wrecked their credit. There is no way to know what might have been the result of the crime.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Suzanne Larente in Ft Worth, Texas

87 months ago

I think If you are serious get in touch with your local DARS DEPT OF REHABILITATIVE SERVICES..they will work with you .....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Hazel Crest, Illinois

87 months ago

Thank you for your suggestion, Charlie. I have been an active volunteer with the Salvation Army since the event, and I just got into graduate school in pursuit of a Master's Degree in Social Work. (It took a LOT to get into school after my crimes. But it was a social worker and the Salvation Army who helped me get food and recover my dignity, so I wanted to help them). I fully intend to continue helping the poor and disenfranchised until I die.

I committed a pair of misdemeanors. I have suffered for four years, long after I paid my debt for the meat and canned food I took. But I will continue to try and I won't give up. This degree that I'm about to start working on is the key to a whole new life for me. I can escape the abusive relationship I'm trapped in if I find a decent enough job. But even finding that job will be hard because of my record.

Backround checks are routine for everything from banks to restaurants to social work positions. I may find myself even deeper in student loan debt and still jobless in three years.
Because of misdemeanors.
If I had raped someone, stolen a car, murdered or beaten somebody, I could understand why I can't even work at a Hallmark now. But I did not. And I have paid. Oh God have I paid. I do not believe that ruining a person's life when they are sincerely trying to repent is an admirable undertaking. The justice system is far less forgiving than it ought to be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

My daughter's felony in Saint Louis, Missouri

87 months ago

Heather,
I am so very proud of you for taking this step forward in your life. Don't give up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Unkown in Mesa, Arizona

86 months ago

Heather in Hazel Crest, Illinois said: Thank you for your suggestion, Charlie. I have been an active volunteer with the Salvation Army since the event, and I just got into graduate school in pursuit of a Master's Degree in Social Work. (It took a LOT to get into school after my crimes. But it was a social worker and the Salvation Army who helped me get food and recover my dignity, so I wanted to help them). I fully intend to continue helping the poor and disenfranchised until I die.

I committed a pair of misdemeanors. I have suffered for four years, long after I paid my debt for the meat and canned food I took. But I will continue to try and I won't give up. This degree that I'm about to start working on is the key to a whole new life for me. I can escape the abusive relationship I'm trapped in if I find a decent enough job. But even finding that job will be hard because of my record.

Backround checks are routine for everything from banks to restaurants to social work positions. I may find myself even deeper in student loan debt and still jobless in three years.
Because of misdemeanors.
If I had raped someone, stolen a car, murdered or beaten somebody, I could understand why I can't even work at a Hallmark now. But I did not. And I have paid. Oh God have I paid. I do not believe that ruining a person's life when they are sincerely trying to repent is an admirable undertaking. The justice system is far less forgiving than it ought to be.

Heather,

i applaud you. Never ever give up. god has a plan for everyone and if you are truly whole heartly trying to change the lord has a path for you and only wants the best for you. Good luck I know you will find exactly what you are lookin for even though the government hasnt forgiven you god has. (:

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Somebody in Peoria, Illinois

86 months ago

ME in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: Which is illegal....MAN

It's not illegal. They can just fire you if they find out. You can't be charged with lying on an application.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Call me Charlie in Louisville, Kentucky

86 months ago

Somebody in Peoria, Illinois said: It's not illegal. They can just fire you if they find out. You can't be charged with lying on an application.

This is true but are you aware that a criminal background check can be done in minutes?

I once worked on a NCIC computer for the State Patrol of Alabama. I walked into the computer room and the operator asked for my SSN. I gave it to him and he typed it in. Within about ten seconds, the guy had my driving record, the car tags on both my cars, my name, address, phone numbers, criminal record (clean of course) and every auto accident I had ever been in.

Trust me. You can lie about it but you won't keep the job for more than a few hours at most if you do manage to get hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Looking 4 Work In Ohio in Cincinnati, Ohio

86 months ago

r in Plummer, Idaho said: I agree....just dont tell them.....illegal?...who gives a crap, it works and once your in its no big deal.....

I don't know about your state but in Ohio, employment is "at will", meaning you can be fired for ANY reason or NO REASON at all, WITHOUT EXPLANATION. Your best bet is to just be upfront and above all truthful on your employment applications. There are also some great suggestions in this discussion for letters of recommendations, etc. Good luck to all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Looking 4 Work In Ohio in Cincinnati, Ohio

86 months ago

i

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

faith in Irving, Texas

86 months ago

RamiekaHart123@comcast.net in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I just came home and I really need a job to support my kids and I am just trying to find out how I can get in with me having a felony

Hello. I don't know about your city state bylaws, but let me advise you from many nights of research to assist-seems like-people I date (felonies) :-) It is going to be a little tough, but there ARE COMPANIES AND AGENCIES who assist and will HIRE YOU. Some will advise you- it depends on what you were convicted of... Example: You want to work in the vault or as a teller, but you were convicted of robbery!! You get it? :-) It is out there, just research and pass it on to assist others- DON'T BE DECEPTIVE because you never know if the employer knows someone who DOES HIRE people in your situation!! FYI, some companies are PAID to hire those with felonies!!! So, keep trying and keep faith!! good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dragon in Pompano Beach, Florida

86 months ago

There is a difference between an arrest and a conviction.
Applications do ask have you been arrested they ask if you have been convicted generally of a felony.
I would not sweat it!
You are permitted to explain
and you may be able to have the arrest expunged [removed]
talk to your attorney

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

shellwildwest

86 months ago

RamiekaHart123@comcast.net in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I just came home and I really need a job to support my kids and I am just trying to find out how I can get in with me having a felony

Move to DC seem like the btter chance to get a job if you been in prison I am not kidding

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Justice for america in Bethalto, Illinois

86 months ago

Please forgive me. I ask that indeed remove my prevuois message. Although I feel strongly about what I stated I used the wrong forum to present my message, being that this is a job search website.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Interested in East Alton, Illinois

86 months ago

Justice for america in Bethalto, Illinois said: Please forgive me. I ask that indeed remove my prevuois message. Although I feel strongly about what I stated I used the wrong forum to present my message, being that this is a job search website.

Justice, I read your earlier post. I understand some of your seniments, and am concerned by others. On your last post, you stated that you posted on the wrong forum. Please tell me where your other posts are. I am interested in a dialogue. You sound like a person who could use a listener.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Justice for america in Bethalto, Illinois

86 months ago

Interested in East Alton, Illinois said: Justice, I read your earlier post. I understand some of your seniments, and am concerned by others. On your last post, you stated that you posted on the wrong forum. Please tell me where your other posts are. I am interested in a dialogue. You sound like a person who could use a listener.

I have not posted on any other forum as of yet. I am considering my space which I have heard about but do not know much about. I think this may be a site where you can state how you feel and tell it like it is. Since you have shown an interest I will tell you a little about my self. I have a felony conviction for poceession of weed and a small quanity of mushrooms. I had been selling some pot. During the legal process I had to go to a pre sentence investagation. I was told to tell of my criminal history which consisted of a D.W.I. which is now over 20 years ago. I had one minor juvenile incident which had not even went to court and I was told at the time would not be on my record. I felt some shame about this and thought it was not an issue or any ones buisness so I had not mentioned it. the report to the judge was written in such away to make me look like charles manson and I felt the sentence was not just. Of course before sentencing my lawyer said not to worry these things are always written this way. That is what I get for believing him.
It has been about 15 years since this last conviction but it is going to hang over me for life. I have had no other legal problems but am having trouble finding work and am in a difficult situation right now. Since I am running out of space right now I will give you an email address to contact me at in you wish to discuss further. Thanks. dlr250@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Born2Excel in Key West, Florida

86 months ago

I understand where you are coming from, 95% of the USA have did something dishonest, the only thing is, they never been caught, so they think...because GOD sees all and knows all, Know that 20 doors will close in your face before 1 will open, and the one that opens will be the one for you. I to myself have a past, but I have learned not to be hindered by my past, because it's just that the past. The past cannot be changed,but you can do something about your future. Keep on,keeping on, because you were BORN2EXCEL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Amazing in Augusta, Georgia

86 months ago

Born2Excel in Key West, Florida said: I understand where you are coming from, 95% of the USA have did something dishonest, the only thing is, they never been caught,

I find it incredible how the criminal mind thinks. Do you really believe that most people are dishonest? You must lead a sad life indeed if that is the way you see the world. It would appear that you think you cannot really trust anyone.

If there were a wallet lying on the street with nothing in the wallet except a card with a name address and phone number on it and a picture of an old couple that looked like grandparents or something, do you believe no one would call you and want to return your grams' picture?

Someone once told me that they would leave five dollars lying on a table within easy reach when a person whose character they did not know was to visit the home. The idea was to see if the person was honest. I thought it was a good idea. If the money is taken, then it only cost you five bucks to learn the person was dishonest. If the money remains, then you know the new person is normal and honest.

My question is if you were in that situation would you be able to leave the money lying there? Do you think most people (95 percent I believe you said) would take the money and risk losing a friendship to gain a fiver?

In the world where I live, the money would lie there forever even if it were $500.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Born2Excel in Key West, Florida

86 months ago

Amazing in Augusta, Georgia said: I find it incredible how the criminal mind thinks. Do you really believe that most people are dishonest? You must lead a sad life indeed if that is the way you see the world. It would appear that you think you cannot really trust anyone.

If there were a wallet lying on the street with nothing in the wallet except a card with a name address and phone number on it and a picture of an old couple that looked like grandparents or something, do you believe no one would call you and want to return your grams' picture?

Someone once told me that they would leave five dollars lying on a table within easy reach when a person whose character they did not know was to visit the home. The idea was to see if the person was honest. I thought it was a good idea. If the money is taken, then it only cost you five bucks to learn the person was dishonest. If the money remains, then you know the new person is normal and honest.

My question is if you were in that situation would you be able to leave the money lying there? Do you think most people (95 percent I believe you said) would take the money and risk losing a friendship to gain a fiver?

In the world where I live, the money would lie there forever even if it were $500.

I said 95%, so that leaves 5% who have always did the right thing. Now, Amazing in Augusta, Georgia-let me ask you a question, have you ever took a right turn where there was a sign posted that said no right turns on red and you still took that right or have you ever throw a piece of paper out the window, when the sign posted said NO LITTERING. My advise to you is check your own life and correct your own mistakes, because giving the right circumstances you too can find yourself in a situation without thinking. And it's not just a criminal mind...it's a human mind,a mind needing renewed by the word of GOD. There is someone needing to be encouraged on this forum, let that be your focus.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Give us a break here in Winterville, Georgia

86 months ago

Born2Excel in Key West, Florida said: Now, Amazing in Augusta, Georgia-let me ask you a question, have you ever took a right turn where there was a sign posted that said no right turns on red and you still took that right or have you ever throw a piece of paper out the window, when the sign posted said NO LITTERING.

Those are hardly felonies. I believe his point was that the criminal mind tends to think that they are rather normal by virtue of the fact they believe that most people are like them - criminal and dishonest.

Insane people do the same thing. The human mind does not generally think in terms of it being so sick and tends to start to believe that most other people are insane instead of them.

Augusta is correct. Most people in the world are normal, honest, law abiding citizens and probably only 5 percent of the world's population would commit a felony crime. Perhaps 10 percent commit misdemeanors but that still leaves 85 percent normal people, not the other way around.

In my opinion, criminals should not be encouraged in any way whatsoever. That is why we as a society make laws against such acts and punish for such acts and shun such people. We basically are saying by passing such laws that we wish to rid society of people who think as a criminal mind does.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.