How to get a job at Hyatt.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 56)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at Hyatt? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

La'Tasha Nichols in Easton, Maryland

95 months ago

No i dont work at the Hyatt, but i would like to get a job at the Hyatt. i find the job by looking on the interent. I havent got a interview yet but i would like to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Annonomys, RVP Hyatt International in Long Beach, California

94 months ago

JOE said: Dear STUPID,
YOU CAN'T EVEN WRITE OR SPELL, SO GO HOME TO YOUR OWN COUNTRY,WITH A LETTER LIKE THAT YOU DON'T DESERVE TO WORK IN THE USA SO GO GO GO GO. SEE YA!

I have a MBA from California State University and am a RVP for Hyatt. If I have to choose someone with personality (but can't type/spell) versus someone who is so blantently anti-HR in his predjudicial statements (even though you MAY have some education) I will choose the person that is willing and eager versus the predjudice comments that you've made, trust me when I say, I will never hire someone like you. And furthermore, if I could, I would love to get your resume so that I can black ball you on every job search engine (as I am very personal and close friends with the some of the RVP's at both careerbuilder and monster)...so please, feel free to post your resume so I can have you essentially banned from every website I can get a hold of. You make living in America, at times, an embarressment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (49) Reply - Report abuse

Concerned in Osseo, Minnesota

94 months ago

Annonomys, RVP Hyatt International said:
I have a MBA from California State University and am a RVP for Hyatt. If I have to choose someone with personality (but can't type/spell) versus someone who is so blantently anti-HR in his predjudicial statements (even though you MAY have some education) I will choose the person that is willing and eager versus the predjudice comments that you've made, trust me when I say, I will never hire someone like you. And furthermore, if I could, I would love to get your resume so that I can black ball you on every job search engine (as I am very personal and close friends with the some of the RVP's at both careerbuilder and monster)...so please, feel free to post your resume so I can have you essentially banned from every website I can get a hold of. You make living in America, at times, an embarressment.

You sound like a very important person, surely you are not afraid to post your name.

You are asking Joe to walk into the spotlight, let both you AND Joe share the same spotlight.

Joe may be excercising his rights of free speech, he may hold prejudice. But who are you to threaten him?

So fess up, admit who you are. Surely you are so important, you have no concern what the Hyatt executive branch thinks about your internet postings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

You're right. I shouldn't threaten. I definately got carried away with his insensative and predjudicial remarks. It's below me...thanks for bringing me back. It's definately his right to voice those opinions...even if they are ignorant :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Rene

94 months ago

Using Free Speech to defend a racist statement is enough to make a sentence wanna end its own life. He should be outed for making a direct corellation between ignorance and foreign. Go ahead and blacklist so an employer won't miss my resume' due to the recovery time necessary from the the ramblings of learning curve of the country. "hey stupid" entries are rarly the musings of the well informed.Now. Let the hatemail commence.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Tony in Mesa, Arizona

94 months ago

I work at the Hyatt Regency Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale, Arizona. I got the job by going to the Hyatt web site, filling out the neccessary forms, attaching my resume, and clicking on send. Two weeks later HR called me in for an three different interviews, and two weeks later I started. I could have started immediately, but I had to give two weeks notice to my last job. This is the first company I have worked for where everybody is so friendly. I don't know if my experience is the norm but so far (2 years)it's been great. Rajan Sapkota, please apply as soon as possible. Hyatt employs a wide variety of ethnic groups; it makes the work environment interesting. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

elizabeth t.himanot in Crownsville, Maryland

94 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Hyatt? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

i didn't get any intevew

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Max in Los Angeles, California

94 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Hyatt? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

I've been a bartender for over a decade and I worked at the Hyatt Regency for about a year before I gave them my two weeks notice. Bartending for this hotel chain would be a good experience for someone just starting out so you could learn Micros inventory and such, but don't let it deter you from working at someplace that actually has their pulse on what the customer expects wand wants from a bar. The reason I'm saying this is because this chain allows their bean counters to dictate service policies. They foolishly discourage speed-pouring (which ALL professional bartenders do) and instead force them to use jiggers and measured pourers. This policy makes the bar and especially you, the bartender, look cheap and duplicitous. As an unfortunate result, you'll find it impossible to build up a regular clientele which you must do to survive in this highly competitive industry.
The management practices of Hotels like the Hyatt are not representative of how successful bars and clubs operate. If you want to make money and have fun in this business avoid places where the bars are run by micro-managing nitwits who've no actual field experience in the hospitality profession.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

Annonomys, RVP Hyatt International said: You're right. I shouldn't threaten. I definately got carried away with his insensative and predjudicial remarks. It's below me...thanks for bringing me back. It's definately his right to voice those opinions...even if they are ignorant :)

No offense, but how in God's name did you acquire an MBA from Cal State with your horrible spelling? I honestly can't imagine any university granting you a passing grade on any of your written projects nor could I conceive of you as a Hyatt RVP when you lack both the discernment and the professional skills to effectively deal with someone who was obviously nothing more than a bulletin board troll.
Where do you come off threatening to black list someone, or for that matter, anyone here for any reason whatsoever? If the post offends, flag it. That is within the boundaries of your immediate authority. But to threaten to take actions outside the scope of this forum to affect someone's personal livelihood because of an offensive social opinion simply makes you look like some sort of a reactionary control-freak, and casts a ghastly pallor upon the very institution you so unctuously claim to represent.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

Max said:
No offense, but how in God's name did you acquire an MBA from Cal State with your horrible spelling? I honestly can't imagine any university granting you a passing grade on any of your written projects nor could I conceive of you as a Hyatt RVP when you lack both the discernment and the professional skills to effectively deal with someone who was obviously nothing more than a bulletin board troll.
Where do you come off threatening to black list someone, or for that matter, anyone here for any reason whatsoever? If the post offends, flag it. That is within the boundaries of your immediate authority. But to threaten to take actions outside the scope of this forum to affect someone's personal livelihood because of an offensive social opinion simply makes you look like some sort of a reactionary control-freak, and casts a ghastly pallor upon the very institution you so unctuously claim to represent.

Are you reading all of the postings? I did state that I felt I had made a mistake by posting that message. I have taken a different course of action. Please read before posting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

Annonomys, RVP Hyatt International said:
Are you reading all of the postings? I did state that I felt I had made a mistake by posting that message. I have taken a different course of action. Please read before posting.

Don't patronize me.

I'm insinuating that you are not the person you comport yourself to be.
For example, you claim to have received an MBA from California State.

And yet, you write things like this: "I *definately* got carried away with his *insensative* and *predjudicial* remarks. It's below me...thanks for bringing me back. It's *definately* his right to voice those opinions...even if they are ignorant :"

I've taken the liberty of marking your many misspelled words with an asterisk. Since an MBA is one of the most difficult degrees to acheive and requires countless WRITTEN projects I am loathe to find someone here who I conceive is yet another imposter purporting themselves to be someone evidence suggests they are not.

My point is this: I don't give a mad-cap f* about anyone's education here or lack of it. I don't even use people's spelling or punctuation as an effectual means to judge their basic intelligence. However, if and when that person makes bold claims to be some sort of laureate where the evidence strongly suggests they are not, they place themselves in the same category of corporate bunko artists at employment agencies who post false and misleading employment opportunities which float to the surface in search engines such as this.

The waters of the job market here are polluted enough without posters like you contributing to the miasma.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

Rene said: Using Free Speech to defend a racist statement is enough to make a sentence wanna end its own life. He should be outed for making a direct corellation between ignorance and foreign. Go ahead and blacklist so an employer won't miss my resume' due to the recovery time necessary from the the ramblings of learning curve of the country. "hey stupid" entries are rarly the musings of the well informed.Now. Let the hatemail commence.

Actually, I'm of the opinion that poor old defenseless "Raj" was a troll too. Many trolls do work in teams, you know.
To their credit, truthfully, there are few things as funny as watching open-minded yet unperceptive people break out in histrionics because someone left a dirty fingerprint on their white-washed principles.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

David in Osseo, Minnesota

94 months ago

Hello Max from CA.

I read your post about jiggers and I re-call the manager saying in my interview "all our bartenders use jiggers".

I brushed it off as unrealistic as no self respecting bar uses jiggers. You don't want bartenders "long pouring" the locals too much, its easy to keep tabs on that.

Also an occasional "pour-test" can help (Exacto-Pour) bartenders see what they think 1 oz, 1 1/2 oz and 2 oz pours are.

I am glad I did not take the job. I was spooked by the answer I received from: "What are the average sales?" Answer: "$0 to $500."

The people seemed very nice.

Thanks for your post.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Emma (Host) in Stamford, Connecticut

94 months ago

bobo in the desert said: jigger?!
that is the utmost racist comment i have read on this board! how can you so blatantly show your hatred on this board and do it so casually?!
you sir ARE the jigger!!

This is not a racist term, but rather a way of measuring/pouring drinks. I don't beleive the above comments were at all intended in any racist way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

Emma (Host) said:
This is not a racist term, but rather a way of measuring/pouring drinks. I don't beleive the above comments were at all intended in any racist way.

The guy is not a bartender, he obviously does not know what a jigger is. Nor did he read all the posts. Lets be kind and assume he is not an idiot.

Just not worthy of a response.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

Emma (Host) said:

I mentioned earlier here that trolls work in teams.
Thank you for rising to my defense, but when you responded, you bit into their bait and got fished in yourself.
I think that it's safe to say that "Dave," "Bobo" and "Raj" may all have something in common (such as a common IP).

It's really best just to ignore them and quietly chortle at the misadventures of those gullible enough to take them seriously.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

94 months ago

David said:
The guy is not a bartender, he obviously does not know what a jigger is. Nor did he read all the posts. Lets be kind and assume he is not an idiot.
Just not worthy of a response.

Dagnubbit, David. I accidently plopped your name in there instead of "Joe's." There's a "Dave" on another forum I frequent who trolls the waters continually.
I'm sorry if there was any confusion, I didn't mean to cast any stones your way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Denver, Colorado

94 months ago

Emma (Host) said:
Emma, You are ignorent, and shouldnt be responding to anyone,take another hit off your bong and go to sleep!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

dingy in Bullhead City, Arizona

94 months ago

Nupur said: I am presently employed with The Leela Palace Kempinski,Bangalore & would like to work in an organisation like yours.

is this in anyway connected to the law firm Cheatim, Screwim, & Forgettim? i myself am looking for employment with Hyatt and I am extremely educated and experienced but cannot get hired. they are racist because i have a criminal record with 4 felonies,,,thats not a good enough reason to deny employemnt. this is the heavy cross we carry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Dallas for my protection in Rowlett, Texas

93 months ago

Max said:
Don't patronize me.
And yet, you write things like this: "I *definately* got carried away with his *insensative* and *predjudicial* remarks. It's below me...thanks for bringing me back. It's *definately* his right to voice those opinions...even if they are ignorant :"
I've taken the liberty of marking your many misspelled words with an asterisk. Since an MBA is one of the most difficult degrees to acheive and requires countless WRITTEN projects I am loathe to find someone here who I conceive is yet another imposter purporting themselves to be someone evidence suggests they are not.

I suppose everyone has forgotten that there are DYSLEXICS with MBA's which also hold top CEO positions in this country.
I thank God that my DYSLEXIA has not stopped me from achieving success in this life. Sadly, there are so many people out there that equate a person's difficulty with language (ie:spelling) with intelligence.
If you folks wish to read an interesting article about this, may i recommend "The Dyslexic CEO". Google it and you'll find it. What you will also find may shock you. Namely the amount of top tier professionals that live with some sort of diagnosed language disability(ie: Richard Branson and Charles Schawb)and the number of professionals that remain undiagnosed Dyslexics. Many of these people for the most part have remained or continue to remain in the closet about their language disability for fear of losing status,respect and positioning within their company.
I suggest you all educate yourself about this before you go putting your foot in your mouth by making mention of someone's lack of spelling ability in front of a boss that may himself/herself be potentially Dyslexic.
(for the record--I am using a spell check to write this)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

93 months ago

Anonymous in Dallas for my protection said:
I suppose everyone has forgotten that there are DYSLEXICS with MBA's which also hold top CEO positions in this country.
I thank God that my DYSLEXIA has not stopped me from achieving success in this life. Sadly, there are so many people out there that equate a person's difficulty with language (ie:spelling) with intelligence.
If you folks wish to read an interesting article about this, may i recommend "The Dyslexic CEO". Google it and you'll find it. What you will also find may shock you. Namely the amount of top tier professionals that live with some sort of diagnosed language disability(ie: Richard Branson and Charles Schawb)and the number of professionals that remain undiagnosed Dyslexics. Many of these people for the most part have remained or continue to remain in the closet about their language disability for fear of losing status,respect and positioning within their company.
I suggest you all educate yourself about this before you go putting your foot in your mouth by making mention of someone's lack of spelling ability in front of a boss that may himself/herself be potentially Dyslexic.
(for the record--I am using a spell check to write this)

Well said.

Actually spelling is not supposed to be accurate on the internet. Many people just try to spell "pho-ne-ti-cally" :) Exspecially with todays text-messaging on cell phones.

I equate the spell-check geeks to the poor schmuck who commented that there was a rain spot on the hood of my Lexus LS 400. He was just trying to feel better about himself.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Irma in Canyon Country, California

93 months ago

WOW! After reading most of your comments I lost my interest in "HOW TO GET A JOB AT HYATT?". JOE, I HOPE YOU DON'T WORK FOR HYATT because I can't imagine to work with people who tell someone: "Dear STUPID,
YOU CAN'T EVEN WRITE OR SPELL, SO GO HOME TO YOUR OWN COUNTRY"!!!
It's also quite distracting to see so-called highly educated people argue about spelling, MBA's ... who has what... blah, blah, blah... I mean, what are you people trying to prove? Don't you have real problems?! Are you this bored?!
>>> GOOOO BAAACK TOOOO WOOORK !!! <<<

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rob in Long Beach, California

93 months ago

lol....right on Irma!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Khurram Khalid in Manassas, Virginia

93 months ago

Recently applied for a job at hyatt for a full time bartender, got the interview call the same day, i have 7 years of experience. Went in the next day, dressed nicely, had the interview with the HR lady, she then told me that the assistant Director of the company wanted to interview me as well, she interviewed me, it went smooth, then she tells me that the director of the hotel wants to interview me as well, so he comes in and we sit in the lobby and we talk for a while maybe about 20 mintues, that went well too.Before i left the director said see you soon and that HR will be calling me soon (WAHT DO YOU THINK THAT MEANS? AM I HIRED?) the HR lady calls me the next day, asking me for references since i hadn't put them on my Resume, i give her my refernces she only calls one person. my former GM at another restaurant that i worked at as a head barternder and i know he said nice things about me, since me and him were cool. so what do you all think? did i get the job? they might call me soon hopefully. i have heard from people is that they only call references when they wanna hire someone. IS THAT TRUE. hope some off you respond to my comment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sjg in Fort Worth, Texas

93 months ago

Can anyone tell me if Hyatt will hire someone who has an felony (case by case)?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

TLC in Smyrna, Georgia

93 months ago

Marsha said: As I watch the protestors outside my window at the Hyatt in Atlanta, I can say you may have an MBA, but you have no dipolmatic skills. To blackball someone, you being in HR yourself, is vindictive, which isn't suppose to be the trait of an HR person. Shame on you. You have mercy on someone who can't write, but when someone else voices an opinion, free speech, you want to ruin their lives???? That is disgraceful. I wouldn't work for you if I had to eat dirt. You should be black balled from any HR positions and take your MBA and go back to school for fair and balanced.

Marsha ,I could not have said it better myself! It's nerving to think of this person being part of any hiring/firing decisions, as well as daily business practices at any company !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

The HR Director in Valrico, Florida

92 months ago

You simpletons. For those of you that are "into" this type of banter, go find a bolg or better yet, a different idiot / fool website. Such a sorry group of individuals to have "conversations" with like-minded fools. Get a grip, get a life and get off thie string.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

MN USA in Minneapolis, Minnesota

91 months ago

Annonomys, RVP Hyatt International in Long Beach, California said: I have a MBA from California State University and am a RVP for Hyatt. If I have to choose someone with personality (but can't type/spell) versus someone who is so blantently anti-HR in his predjudicial statements (even though you MAY have some education) I will choose the person that is willing and eager versus the predjudice comments that you've made, trust me when I say, I will never hire someone like you. And furthermore, if I could, I would love to get your resume so that I can black ball you on every job search engine (as I am very personal and close friends with the some of the RVP's at both careerbuilder and monster)...so please, feel free to post your resume so I can have you essentially banned from every website I can get a hold of. You make living in America, at times, an embarressment.

Why are you so angry? How many languages do you know? Are you American born - because your spelling is also poor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas

91 months ago

This thread has gone off topic. Does anyone have any advice about getting a job at Hyatt?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

ACurrent Hyatt Associate in Guion, Arkansas

91 months ago

The Austin Area has two Hyatt properties, one is very new, located near Bastrop, Texas. Apply for a position first on Hyatt's web site. I know we get a lot of applications for many positions. It should probably be a good idea to call the HR department after your application and see if you can arrange a face to face visit. This is advice may be helpful for any position or company you may be interested in working at.

All the best to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

violet in Kearny, New Jersey

91 months ago

I had went to the bar school and I am looking for a job anytime and I can start asap

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LaurenRyan in Indianapolis, Indiana

90 months ago

I had an interview with Amerisuites (Hyatt Place) Keystone last Thurs. I have really mixed feelings about the whole thing. I met with the GM in a 2 1/2 hr interview. She explained to me that I was applying for the 2AGM position and the requirements. Having almost completed my degree, she told me how qualified I was and her plan for me. She told me that she would be gone this week to Chicago for a meeting, but her 1AGM would contact me this week for a 2nd interview. She said it was very important to her that the AGM's got along. Well.. it's Thurs. night, and Scott didn't call, so now I'm worried. I really want this job, but I'm not sure what else I can do to ensure that I get the job. I sent the GM a thank you card thanking her for the opportunity that she had given me. Should I assume that I am out of the running? x crossing my fingers!! x Please let me know if you have any advice!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

A Current Hyatt Associate

90 months ago

The Amerisuites/Hyatt Place product is a smaller select service brand of Global Hyatt. The Hyatt Place concept is currently a very hot product. Those Amerisuites branded hotels owned by Hyatt are currently undergoing renovation to become Hyatt Place Hotels. Don’t worry to much about not being called back immediately. These hotels only have 3 managers and it sounds like one is at a meeting. Based on the information you provided I am sure they will have you come in for a second interview. If you do not here from them by the end of the week, call the manager you originally spoke with next week to follow up on your application. All the best to you with your future career endeavors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

I truly appreciate your comment. I just get leary with calling back. I do not wish to bug them. I do really want this job tho. I think that I have a lot to offer them. My only hope now is that Jeanette will see the card when she gets back, and says, "Scott, did you get a hold of her?" lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

90 months ago

Hyatt Regency Downtown Indy called today. Interview on Wed @ 4pm. I hope this doesn't affect Hyatt Place.

Scott in Centreville, Virginia

90 months ago

Max in Los Angeles, California said: Don't patronize me.

My point is this: I don't give a mad-cap f* about anyone's education here or lack of it. I don't even use people's spelling or punctuation as an effectual means to judge their basic intelligence. However, if and when that person makes bold claims to be some sort of laureate where the evidence strongly suggests they are not, they place themselves in the same category of corporate bunko artists at employment agencies who post false and misleading emt opportunities which float to the surface in search engines such as this.

The waters of the job market here are polluted enough without posters like you contributing to the miasma.

Can you two just stop. This is for people to read about the company. Not to read about This BS. If you want to continue this crap. Do it else-ware. Thank you. I'm very interested in getting into this company. Not interested in childish blogs!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Andrew in Bellwood, Illinois

90 months ago

My thoughts exactly, Please keep the post related to the topic of the thread, which is aimed to help people decide to take the related job or not. Otherwise you're wasting everyone's time.

Now then, I was considering taking a job with Hyatt as a front desk worker so I applied. I haven't heard back yet. I was reading through the thread to see other people's comments (which unfortunately were mostly useless).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kay in Houston, Texas

90 months ago

You guys are off the chain. After reading your comments I forget what I was doing for a min. The Hyatt in downtown Houston is currently looking for line cooks, bartenders and front desk posted 2 hour ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jay O in Palm Harbor, Florida

90 months ago

Very well stated,I could not agree more!
I have worked for the Hyatt(on call)and they are competitive in pay and benefits for this industry. Ones best bet is to apply on line and follow-up directly. Overall I would recommend the Hyatt as an employer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jay in Palm Harbor, Florida

90 months ago

Yes it is by a case by case , just be honest with them.

sjg in Fort Worth, Texas said: Can anyone tell me if Hyatt will hire someone who has an felony (case by case)?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ian St.Ian in Mesa, Arizona

90 months ago

Any1 kno how I can get a job workin Paris Hilton?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Common Sense in NY

90 months ago

rajan in Washington, District of Columbia said: dear sir,i mr rajan sapkota am so intrested to work for hyat company.I hear this is the big job opportunity compaly at all over the world .so, how can i work for this compaly?
now i am looking for job ,but i only like to work in hyatt.

thanks

I suggest using spellcheck before you submit your resume...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Common Sense in NY

90 months ago

Annonomys, RVP Hyatt International in Long Beach, California said: I have a MBA from California State University and am a RVP for Hyatt. If I have to choose someone with personality (but can't type/spell) versus someone who is so blantently anti-HR in his predjudicial statements (even though you MAY have some education) I will choose the person that is willing and eager versus the predjudice comments that you've made, trust me when I say, I will never hire someone like you. And furthermore, if I could, I would love to get your resume so that I can black ball you on every job search engine (as I am very personal and close friends with the some of the RVP's at both careerbuilder and monster)...so please, feel free to post your resume so I can have you essentially banned from every website I can get a hold of. You make living in America, at times, an embarressment.

Look in the mirror before you judge and use spellcheck yourself..ex "Anonymous"...Please dont give Americans a bad name by acting like an ignorant bigot-show some class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Deltona, Florida

89 months ago

dingy in Bullhead City, Arizona said: is this in anyway connected to the law firm Cheatim, Screwim, & Forgettim? i myself am looking for employment with Hyatt and I am extremely educated and experienced but cannot get hired. they are racist because i have a criminal record with 4 felonies,,,thats not a good enough reason to deny employemnt. this is the heavy cross we carry.

1. Most places would not hire you with a criminal record, especially 4 felonies! 2. That is not 'racist'. Biased maybe. 3. I wouldn't work for Hyatt anyway. Poor management at the restaurant level. If they want you out, they will "find a way" to let you go. Very unprofessional in the Orlando area.

A Tale of Two Hotels

89 months ago

A few years ago I was in dire need of a job and since Hyatt was in my back yard, I went in and filled out an application. Hyatt also asked me to apply online so I did that well.

I received two rejection emails form Hyatt indicating my background levels did not meet their minimum requirements. I went into that hotel and just by luck I had to use their Concierge services (I had applied for a Concierge Manager position). The employee didn't even know the area or how to use a color laser copier!!

Fast forward to today. I am now working with Mirage Resorts - Las Vegas, Nevada. Keep on applying and do not rely on Hyatt. There are other hotels too like Marriott, Four Season, Double Tree and more.

If Hyatt cannot or will not invite you to an interview, why wait. Move on!

Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Not impressed in Orlando, Florida

89 months ago

Management in the Orlando Aiprort is awful. Where do they hire these people. Everytime I have called to speak with a mananger, no one is available. Obviously they aren't to concerned about current and potential employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Michelle W. in Austin, Texas

89 months ago

You misspelled embarrassment, Joe, I'm embarrassed for you. I'm grappling to understand why you feel compelled to divulge your degree, and the fact that you are "very personal and close friends with some of the RVP's". I'm quite certain that you don't speak for Hyatt's values, especially "Manage with humility". You do a fantastic job representing yourself - kudos - But my interest in you, and who you "know" is probably even less than the people you come into contact with each day. You do not speak for Hyatt, Careerbuilder, or Monster, sir.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Learn something new every day in Frisco, Texas

88 months ago

rajan in Washington, District of Columbia said: dear sir,i mr rajan sapkota am so intrested to work for hyat company.I hear this is the big job opportunity compaly at all over the world .so, how can i work for this compaly?
now i am looking for job ,but i only like to work in hyatt.

thanks

Good Luck. You must learn something new everyday while you're looking. I'd respectfully suggest that you work on your English grammer and spelling. An incorrect job app. will make your job hopes crash.

There are several free language programs online, many at any book store in the Language section. www.PentonOverseas.com offers childrens language courses and adult ones that you can watch on your TV on a DVD. I like the Lyric Language and the Professor Parrot ones in Spanish/German/French for my child & I. They are fun with music. Similar items are available in English.

Other than that, read books in your chosen area that you wish to work in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Can you afford to work in this industry? in Frisco, Texas

88 months ago

It seems to me that the Hotel industry will hire people only if you start at very low paying entry level or have already done the entry level & build-up jobs in the hotel industry.

A hotel industry degree might be the only other realistic hope of getting around this. Sure there's probably someone somewhere who came from another industry w/ similar experience but from my own checking it must be an extremely low - very low - %.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.