IBM

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Jerry in Walden, New York

86 months ago

I have applied to numerous jobs and they never respond. It's a joke. IBM is not the type of company that one wants to hang their hat at. Why on earth do they post jobs and never respond. It's a scam on their par....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Brandi in Dallas, Texas

84 months ago

I just recently got hired for IBM. If you apply by yourself, they really don't respond. It's better to go through a recruiter. A month later, my college recruiting program was setting up interviews for IBM. I got the job through there...NOT on my own...they look for people with high GPA's who are recent graduates or alumni and would rather go through another source than directly with the person applying. I've read this in many forums. I was getting frustrated, too. IBM didn't want me at first. But, after recruiting, they went from saying it would take a month to 6 days they decided they wanted me right away.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jake_EE in Elyria, Ohio

84 months ago

Hi Brandi,

I worked at IBM Cleveland 6 years during college. My last year they downsized and laid many people off, including me. I moved on, but again a victim of downsizing from my last employer.

I would like to try to get back into IBM. What recruiter did you use? All the people I knew have since retired or was laid off so I do not know anyone inside.

I have a Bachelor of Electrical Engineer degree.

Thanks

Brandi in Dallas, Texas said: I just recently got hired for IBM. If you apply by yourself, they really don't respond. It's better to go through a recruiter. A month later, my college recruiting program was setting up interviews for IBM. I got the job through there...NOT on my own...they look for people with high GPA's who are recent graduates or alumni and would rather go through another source than directly with the person applying. I've read this in many forums. I was getting frustrated, too. IBM didn't want me at first. But, after recruiting, they went from saying it would take a month to 6 days they decided they wanted me right away.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mauricio in San José, Costa Rica

84 months ago

Jerry,

Keep trying... sometimes companies do not respond because the person who reviewed the application think you do not fit on it... don´t feel bad... it happens. Keep trying and also try to use a recruiter if you can find it.

The other advice, you can be agreesive in your applications, but also think twice about the role and your resume... if you have an MBA, do not apply to a data entry job... if you have a BS and no experience, do not apply to senior consulting roles or executive roles. The right position will come eventually.

worked as a contractor at ibm in Yorktown Heights, New York

16 months ago

@jerry

they look for people with high GPA's who are recent graduates or alumni. if you're not a recent grad or "connected" in some way. you probably won't get called. They want fresh youngsters who they can exploit until they reach their late 30s.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.