No responses from IBM

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 73)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

John Smith in Mansfield, Ohio

94 months ago

It's a good thing their computers aren't as unreliable as their recruiters! You never get any type of response from these people.

You would think that a world class business such as IBM would have a better staff of human resource associates!

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE IBM... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bubba in Pompano Beach, Florida

93 months ago

John Smith said: It's a good thing their computers aren't as unreliable as their recruiters! You never get any type of response from these people.
You would think that a world class business such as IBM would have a better staff of human resource associates!
THANKS FOR NO DAMN RESPONSE AT ALL IBM... HAPPY NEW YEAR!

fixed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

comments in Denver, Colorado

93 months ago

Who's doing the recruiting in house HR or a third party hiring agency? I've worked for IBM's ITDA division under two consecutive one-year contracts and I’d just start walking away now if I were you. I’d suggest not working for Big Blue the inside moral is really low and the working environments are highly stressful and talk about promotions, ha!?

I’m assuming they are also offering you a contract job for some period of length, since working for big blue I’ve yet to see a full time position open up for anything lower than management positions and those guys go through so much BS from the upper layers.

Good luck! I’ve since left IBM and the last I heard was they were under a hiring freeze until the end of this year so they can get all of their PO’s drawn up to pay either new or returning contractors.

What stage of the process are you in? Just talking to the initial recruiter? Or are you already talking to IBM hiring managers? If you are in the initial stages you might still have a ways to go depending at what level the position is being offered at.

Best of luck to you man.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

John Smith in Mansfield, Ohio

93 months ago

That's just it, I haven't made it to any part of the hiring process. They post a ton of jobs, but don't ever get back to you. I understand I may not be qualified, but you'd think IBM could afford some type of response system!

Thanks for the heads up though, with my experience and your comments, I'm done applying for IBM positions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dick Reynolds in Charlotte, North Carolina

93 months ago

I have over 20 years experience in selling IT lifecycle services to fortune 500 companies. I've applied SEVERAL times to IBM with no response. A friend of mine told me they hire people they know or are "friends" with. This will be the LAST time I apply at IBM....their loss. Dick Reynolds

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

93 months ago

they spam the hell out of the job boards, i reply to 11tybillion postings, they never contact me at all. i KNOW i'm well qualified for all the positions i have an interest in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

quilla in Buies Creek, North Carolina

93 months ago

i applied and got a response within a month...i didnt get offered the position, but @ least i was considered and received a call back...best of luck 2 you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Earl F

93 months ago

I too haven't heard anything but trivial responses from them ...

When I have, it was with an e-mail message stating: "You appear to be a good fit for position xxx, please sign up on our website". But I think (I could be wrong now), that it was signing up on their website that spawned the message.

Hoose boy ...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Syed Rizvi in New Brunswick, New Jersey

93 months ago

John Smith said: It's a good thing their computers aren't as unreliable as their recruiters! You never get any type of response from these people.
I had previously worked for IBM and left them in 2000 and applied to the recent job positings. I got a response from their recruitment staff indicating that "after their conversation with me" they did not think I was a good fit. I am not sure who she talked to but it was not me. That speaks volumes about them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

THOMAS EVANS in Augusta, Georgia

93 months ago

You are so right I woked for IBM in the server support for Gateway servers under a contractor and these @@#$#$%$ would not pay me on time after two months of working there ( CDI ) and CCI are there main recruiters. The money was lousy and the training, the pay is horrible 13.00 per hour or they hire you at 17.00 and don't pay you. I went to HR about this company not paying me and they replied that it is not their fault and to contct them !!!!! They do not care so you are better off not waisting your time !!!!!! RUN FROM IBM, WaCa Warranty Corp of America in Norcross is a waste of time as well...the money is good but ther interviewers two kids with little experience will not hire you if you have any indepth experience...the money is good 30-35K doing total phone support w/o a time wrap quota........RUN FROM THESE THREE COMPANIES !!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

THOMAS EVANS in Augusta, Georgia

93 months ago

[You are so right I woked for IBM in the server support for Gateway servers under a contractor and these @@#$#$%$ would not pay me on time after two months of working there ( CDI ) and CCI are there main recruiters. The money was lousy and the training, the pay is horrible 13.00 per hour or they hire you at 17.00 and don't pay you. I went to HR about this company not paying me and they replied that it is not their fault and to contct them !!!!! They do not care so you are better off not waisting your time !!!!!! RUN FROM IBM, WaCa Warranty Corp of America in Norcross is a waste of time as well...the money is good but ther interviewers two kids with little experience will not hire you if you have any indepth experience...the money is good 30-35K doing total phone support w/o a time wrap quota........RUN FROM THESE THREE COMPANIES !!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

William Janulin in Schooleys Mountain, New Jersey

93 months ago

I reckon it depends on which recruiter you use. It does not really matter because after 3 months, I was told that they are "pursuing other interests", whatever that means.

SFGal in San Francisco, California

93 months ago

Get a grip people....the name of the game is networking. Don't expect to get a job by submitting your resume to a company this size. It's who you know and if you don't know someone get to know someone.

Try LinkedIn -- it's a great networking resource.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Emma (Host) in Stamford, Connecticut

93 months ago

"Try LinkedIn -- it's a great networking resource."

speaking of LinkedIn, did you know that there is a direct link to LinkedIn and Ryze for each job listing on Indeed? click on the "more actions" link that's located on the last line of each job listing and there you'll see the direct links to these social networking sites along with some other great stuff to serve as extra backgroun information on the company. The links to the social networking sites will show you the people connected to your network that are also related to the job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Confidential in Saint Louis, Missouri

93 months ago

I would not work for IBMfor all the rice in China. They aer very slow about responisng if they respond at all. I have heard a lot of negative stuff about this firm. The atmosphere at this organization is horrible. i would not easte my time with big blue!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amber in Gainesville, Georgia

93 months ago

I have gotten jobs and interviews at large companies and small ones by replying to ads on job boards. I have never gotten even an automated response from IBM. If they really aren't looking, I wish they'd stop filling the boards with their ads. They're wasting their own time as well as ours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Confidential - Chicago in Scottsdale, Arizona

93 months ago

Often times when organizations have hiring needs, they are required to post all of their roles, including roles they intend to hire internally on public job boards. It all has to do with EEO reporting and OFCCP regulations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Immediate Response Recruiter in Minneapolis, Minnesota

93 months ago

Dear John...IBM is a $91-billion company with over 350,000 employees. What you are describing is the snail's pace of the average large company times ten! Expect to wait. Once you're into a large company, expect to wait for things to get decided/reviewed/confirmed/understood/etc. Expect to remain in the same position (if you can avoid lay-offs) doing the same thing, day in and day out, forever. You will be a number. Large companies are run like small countries... They can't let EVERYONE in...

Consider letting an external recruiter review your resume and help you in your job search. Find a recruiter who will be honest with you and tell you why you are not getting job offers. Good recruiters will never reveal your identification to anyone without your consent and will market you to companies while you are working, taking the stress off of you and eliminating some of your stress.

The best to you in 2007.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Thomas Evans in Augusta, Georgia

93 months ago

That's a bunch of %$#@.... I worked for IBMd in the Hardware server support with a company called CDI, These people caused me to be homeless per se. I woked for a month and a half and was lied to about my pay check. 1)It was sent to my address. 2) They were going to direct deposit it into my acct. 3) We are going to FED-EX it to you......I spent my money getting to work on time and being productive for big blue and went to them to see what they could do or just to light a fire under the agency that is hiring for them and I was told that they have nothing to do with me getting paid and that I needed to deal with the agency that is working for them to recruit good hard working knowledgable employees !!!!!! How can they pay these agencies all of this money which we only see half of the pay and let them treat us any kind of way. " I was told that it is not there fault for me not managing my finances better and it not their fault. I responded to the recruiter "NO IT'S YOUR JOB TO PAY ME ON TIME AND I WOULD NOT BE IN SITUATION "........IBM WOULD NOT GET INVOLVED SO NOW I'M TELLING ANYONE OUT THERE TO RUN FROM IBM AND THE RECRUITERS THAT HIRE FOR THEM !!!!!!! IT HAS HAPPENED TO TO MANY GOOD WORKERS AND THEY CONTINUE TO DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY !!!!!!

" TO THE STAFF AND MANAGEMENT OF CDI YOU PEOPLE NEED TO BE FIRED FROM THIS CONTRACT "
"READ BELOW"
THEIR RESPONSES
Reply to all
Forward
Print
Add Thomas to Contacts list
Delete this message
Report phishing
Show original
Message text garbled?
Thomas Evans III to Jaime, (bcc:Bridgette)
show details 9/12/06
(*name removed) to me, Angie
More options Sep 6 (6 days ago)

Hello Thomas—

How are you? I received your voicemail about you not receiving your paycheck. We are required to wait a week before we can stop payment on it and reissue another one to you. You will need to contact your payroll admin, (*name removed), to have

93 months ago

THEIR RESPONSES
Reply to all
Forward
Print
Add Thomas to Contacts list
Delete this message
Report phishing
Show original
Message text garbled?
(*names removed)
show details 9/12/06

(*names removed)

Hello Thomas—

How are you? I received your voicemail about you not receiving your paycheck. We are required to wait a week before we can stop payment on it and reissue another one to you. You will need to contact your payroll admin, (name removed, to have that done for you. She is copied on this e-mail. Also, her phone number is (number removed)

Also, there is no way that I can hold your next check here this week for you to pick it up. I never see the checks; they are all mailed out from our ADP office. They don't come to me at all. Not sure what I can do in this case…actually, your direct deposit MIGHT start this week—I will check on that and let you know.

Let me know if you have any questions J

Thanks!

(*name removed)

CDI Business Solutions

5901-C Peachtree Dunwoody Road

Suite 100

Atlanta, Georgia 30328

(*contact info removed)

93 months ago

(*names removed)

Thomas this check was mailed out on Thursday (see below). It's seven business days that we now must wait. With Monday being the holiday the 7 th day will be Monday the 11th. At this time you can contact me for a stop payment.

(check information removed)

93 months ago

(*names removed)
More options Sep 7 (5 days ago)

FYI,

Your check for this week was deposit.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(*name removed)
Sent: Wednesday, September 06, 2006 12:29 PM
(*names removed)
Subject: RE: check

- Show quoted text -

Thomas this check was mailed out on Thursday (see below). It's seven business days that we now must wait. With Monday being the holiday the 7 th day will be Monday the 11th. At this time you can contact me for a stop payment.

(*check information removed)

93 months ago

(*names removed)
Hide options Sep 10 (2 days ago)

(*name removed)

(*names removed)
Date: Sep 10, 2006 3:10 PM
Subject: Re: check
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Add sender to Contacts list | Delete this message | Show original | Message text garbled?
Ok, This is to bring everyone up to speed......I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A PAYCHECK NOR DIRECT DEPOSIT......I CALLED (*name removed) AS I GOT HIS INFO FROM THE ATTACHED EMAIL AND HE GAVE ME THE RUN AROUND ABOUT TRANSPOSING MY ROUTING AND CHECKING ACCT. NUMBER WHEN I SENT HIM A COPY OF THE BLANK CHECK W/ THE ROUTING AND BANK INFO IN MY FED-EX pack"

www.westernunion.com/pdf/WU-460_PPMC_Direct_Dep_F03-04.pdf?language=en .....I AM NOT TO BLAME AND FURTHER MORE HE LIED TO ME BY SAYING THAT HE'D FED-EX THE CHECK AND NEVER HAD IT PICKED UP OR DROPPED OFF AT THE NEAREST FEDX / KINKO'S OFFICE AS I TOLD HIM THAT I NEED THE MONEY FOR RENT !!!!!!! I HAVE A VM FROM HIM ON FRIDAY @4:15 PM TELLING ME THAT IT WOULD NOT DO ANY GOOD IN SENDING ME A CHECK AS IT "WOULD NOT BE CASH ABLE ANYWAY " VERBATIM !!!!!!!! WOW........(*name removed), THANKS FOR ALL THAT YOU TRIED TO DO THIS WEEKEND, AT LEAST I GOT A CHANCE TO SPEAK WITH YOU. I WILL BE AT THE DUNWOODY OFFICE ON MONDAY MORNING TO PICK UP A WIRE TRANSFER RECEIPT SINCE NO ONE WAS AVAILABLE TO DO IT ON THUR, FRI, AND SAT............HERE IS MY ROUTING AND ACCT NUMBER: (removed). THIS IS A DIRECT WIRE BY " WESTERN UNION ".......I WOULD SETTLE FOR NOTHING LESS THAN FULL PAYMENT 88HRS AS YOU GUYS HAVE MADE ME A WEEKEND " HOMELESS PERSON ".......

THANK YOU FOR ALL INVOLVED IN CORRECTING THIS ISSUE,
SINCERELY (*name removed)

On 9/7/06, (*name removed)
FYI,

Your check for this week was deposit.

93 months ago

Reply Forward

(*name removed) to me
More options Sep 10 (2 days ago)

Thomas,

Thank you for the email. Where can I reach you on Monday after I have this taken care of? Are you going to report into work as normal?

93 months ago

This is only part of the emails and conversations that went on for weeks at a time. I had to go to the BBB about them and was told that they had a few other cases agiainst them. I'm bashing them because of what they did to me and the lies they told me, at least IBM was up front and told me they would not get involved....."HIRE A DIFFERENT AGENCY OR CREATE A TEMP AGENCY EXTERNALLY JUST FOR IBM CONTRACT JOBS AND LEAVE THE OUTSIDERS ALONE "

Dana in Honolulu, Hawaii

93 months ago

Dick Reynolds said: I have over 20 years experience in selling IT lifecycle services to fortune 500 companies. I've applied SEVERAL times to IBM with no response. A friend of mine told me they hire people they know or are "friends" with. This will be the LAST time I apply at IBM....their loss. Dick Reynolds

Hello Dick Reynolds,
I live in Charlotte, NC and I have been applying to IBM in the Univesity Area. I had no idea about their hiring practices until I saw your comments and others. Thanks for the heads up, now I know not to wait by the phone or whole my breathe.
Dana
Charlotte, NC

Dana Poe in Honolulu, Hawaii

93 months ago

I have been applying to IBM and many other companies in the Charlotte, NC area, but I had NO idea about IBM. This is why I have never heard from them. Are these nationally now facts about IBM's hiring practices? And if so, why has it not been brought to the news and media for all to see? On the news, they say that all these jobs have been created and the economy is good, but I don't think it is good for "white collar" workers.

93 months ago

:rofl:

wow- what a retard posting his full name and bank account information on a public forum

here's an idea - post your address and social security number as well

:rofl:

:hsugh: in Plainfield, New Jersey

93 months ago

Way to go :mamoru:

93 months ago

No this posting is to show you of the things that I went through dealing with a temp agency here in Atlanta,Ga.. Yes my name is here and I do not intend on going back to IBM.....My acct info is for a debit card that they gave me and is no longer active. I'm not in the IT field anymore so what the $%#@ .......Learn from my mistake !!!!!!!

Toeshoes in Berwick Bassett, United Kingdom

93 months ago

Jesus, what a moran :greddy:

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

93 months ago

[quote=Me FTW]lol @ the last post using OT smiley codes

< ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

93 months ago

How else can I get across to you some of the practices that exist in the marketplace without you knowing. If you seem to think that I'm a moron or greedy or stupid so be it. At least you will know what you are up against when they do call you :)

THANK YOU>>>>>>>

freshie in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

93 months ago

:inout:

93 months ago

well, Mr. Evans, you have successfully fired yourself from any future jobs by posting stuff like this on the internet, searchable via Google by employers. what a dork.

even if you HAD a decent resume and were able to make it to a first interview, your bitterness would seep through your pores, oozing over the hiring manager's desk, causing them to flee from the building whilst pulling their hair out. they'd be kicking themselves that they took a chance on bringing in a decent resume only to be faced with a slime-bucket in person.

happy 2007.

:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

93 months ago

Thanks SLICK....Coming from a small mind as yourself, I thank you for the comment...That is why I chose to go into business for my self with my family. I got tired of the BS that temp agencies in Ga. have the right to do as a employer. Ga is a right to work state, if you don't know that means that they can and will fire you for any reason and you don't have a leg to stand on !!!! Temp agencies in Ga. are governed by lacking laws that need to be inforced. When you get hired by one of these companies and go through what I went through you know the anger that I feel in knowing that I have provided a service for you and you can't pay me ? There are a lot of people out here that are experiencing similiar problems as per the BBB( Better Business Bureau )but I have the heart and the menas to speak out against this kind of tactical assault on good honest god fearing people as my self, that have been wronged !!!!!!!!!

Thank You.

93 months ago

you sling insults around and then claim to be god-fearing, much like a rap artist who condones drug use, prostitution, domestic violence, and other illegal activities - yet thanks God for his/her grammy.

lesson here? don't go blasting insults and revealing a bad attitude if that's not how you want to be respected.

still the best to you in 2007. (cheer up.)

Jay E

93 months ago

Yes, I agree. IBM is a fortune 500 company, which never ever gets back with you. I have applied for the Call Center Rep position a total of 11 times since last November. I have never had a response back what so ever. I know that I am at least qualified enough to receive a call back. Oh well, I'll see what else is out there. It makes no sense to post for openings. It makes me kinda' upset to see the same position over and over again. I have over 12 years of call center experience.

KK in Austin, Texas

93 months ago

Folks
Dont get frustrated, these jobs are advertized for their employees labour approvals, not for job seekers.
by law they have advertize the position.

thats all
dont blame their recruiters as there arent any jobs for which IMB is looing to hire.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Zz in Southaven, Mississippi

93 months ago

KK said:
Folks
Dont get frustrated, these jobs are advertized for their employees labour approvals, not for job seekers.
by law they have advertize the position.
thats all
dont blame their recruiters as there arent any jobs for which IMB is looing to hire.

Yep .. is only for Labor approvals for employees on H1B Visa to get there the "Green Card"

Michaelangelo in Minneapolis, Minnesota

93 months ago

What is the salary like for a sap consultant entry level if you by chance get hired against the odds?

Bing in Brooklyn, New York

93 months ago

bubba said: they spam the hell out of the job boards, i reply to 11tybillion postings, they never contact me at all. i KNOW i'm well qualified for all the positions i have an interest in.

This is so true. I applied several jobs since last year and never got any kind of responses. I even suspect that they do not want to hire anybody, they just want to "fake" an image that IBM is keep growing.

Tom in Sunnyvale, California

93 months ago

Thomas Evans said: This is only part of the emails and conversations that went on for weeks at a time. I had to go to the BBB about them and was told that they had a few other cases agiainst them. I'm bashing them because of what they did to me and the lies they told me, at least IBM was up front and told me they would not get involved....."HIRE A DIFFERENT AGENCY OR CREATE A TEMP AGENCY EXTERNALLY JUST FOR IBM CONTRACT JOBS AND LEAVE THE OUTSIDERS ALONE "

In California there is a law that you must receive your paycheck within I think three days. Then you go to the State Labor Commissioner's office and file a complaint. The normal penalty is three times the size of the paycheck.

There is also (supposedly at the Federal level) a law called a mechanic's lien that says that if s contractor doesn't pay you you can go to the original company and demand (and get) them to withhold the money from the money they are paying the contractor.

Call your local district attorney . . .

Tom

Bob in NY in Flushing, New York

93 months ago

You’re lucky. I was even more disappointed in IBM last year when they had me rush down to North Carolina only to be put on ice AND they stiffed for about $50 of expenses they did not reimburse. For a company that used to have such a great reputation they sure don’t seem to have any class at all.

Exo Supplemento in Elyria, Ohio

93 months ago

When I was hired as a Supplemental at IBM-Cleveland, all the Customer Service Engineers wer all kinda dumbfound because I did not know anyone on the inside. Yes, usually have to know someone to get hired.

I never get responses when I apply online. Does their system save resume info? Everytime I applied I had to re-ever my resume.

Bridge in Portland, Oregon

93 months ago

Immediate Response Recruiter said: well, Mr. Evans, you have successfully fired yourself from any future jobs by posting stuff like this on the internet, searchable via Google by employers. what a dork.
even if you HAD a decent resume and were able to make it to a first interview, your bitterness would seep through your pores, oozing over the hiring manager's desk, causing them to flee from the building whilst pulling their hair out. they'd be kicking themselves that they took a chance on bringing in a decent resume only to be faced with a slime-bucket in person.
happy 2007.
:)

How can they find me? I have done Googling on my name and have not found anything that I'vd written in any newsgroups or on-line for that matter. Is there a secret database>

unemployedGeek in Oak Forest, Illinois

93 months ago

SFGal said: Get a grip people....the name of the game is networking. Don't expect to get a job by submitting your resume to a company this size. It's who you know and if you don't know someone get to know someone.
Try LinkedIn -- it's a great networking resource.

so why accept resumes and advertise when you have no intention of ever hiring the people who respond to you? Isn't that fraudulent?

Why pass up so much talent?

jake the snake in Charlotte, North Carolina

93 months ago

Immediate Response Recruiter said: you sling insults around and then claim to be god-fearing, much like a rap artist who condones drug use, prostitution, domestic violence, and other illegal activities - yet thanks God for his/her grammy.
lesson here? don't go blasting insults and revealing a bad attitude if that's not how you want to be respected.
still the best to you in 2007. (cheer up.)

You remind me of a person I once knew who was a corporate lackey capitalist running dog jackbooted thug. I am sure you are not like that, however.

I think I remember your postings from before, defending recruiters who, in some cases, are right down there with lawyers, land developers, pedophiles, and whale dung. Take off the rose colored glasses and get with the real world. Money talks and everything else walks. It is not what one knows, it is with whom one commits a crime against nature.

Still, the best to you in 2007.

Your pal,

Jake

The whaler in Portland, Oregon

93 months ago

Sir I have been awhaling for many a year. We only use whale dung for brushing our teeth.

Tom in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

92 months ago

I can't even tell if I applied or not. I am stuck in a circle. Log in, find job, put to cart, apply to cart, install resume, find job, put in cart, apply again and it takes me to resume again!

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.