How to get a job at IBM.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Host

Do you work at IBM? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Chas in Monkton, Vermont

99 months ago

You need to make contacts with people that actually have the capacity to hire you. Today, it seems like the social networking web sites are your best bet.

If you are not getting any responses from job applications, you have to consider the possibility that you do not have the necessary requirements to fit the job (skill set) or some one else has more of what they are looking for. If that's true, then you need to aquire more skills that they are looking for. Hard skills. Otherwise, consider re-working your resume. Key Words! Key Words! Key Words!
If your resume isn't making past the built in filters based on the key words they are looking for, you can be assured no human eyes will ever see how great you really are.

I'm not making this up off the top of my head. I've worked for IBM in three different divisions spanning 4 different jobs. IBM is a many headed hydra.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (89) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Kirsten Pochert in Charlotte, North Carolina

94 months ago

IBM just opened up a mortgage division in Charlotte that I am trying to get into. Does anyone know who is running that division/hiring of the division and an e-mail address or phone# of said person?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

kristen in Charlotte, North Carolina

92 months ago

Kirsten Pochert in Charlotte, North Carolina said: IBM just opened up a mortgage division in Charlotte that I am trying to get into. Does anyone know who is running that division/hiring of the division and an e-mail address or phone# of said person?

Hi kristen,

i m the person who is also interested for the same info u r looking for, plz let me know if u get any contact email or phone no.
if u get the same will contact you.

Thank you ,
smita

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Hari Pandya in Indianapolis, Indiana

77 months ago

Davosil in Marietta, Georgia said: Hi Kristen,

We have recruited for IBM for many years and are experts on the IBM recruiting process; we know they are a 'black hole' for resumes; It's very rough on us as recruiters, but near impossible if you apply directly. Your best shot is to go thru a recruiter, and we are one of their best, or so they have told us for years!

Hi, I am also seeking a job with IBM. What recruiter are you and how can I get a hold of you? Thanks!

Harvey

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ChatoItaly in Hebron, Connecticut

32 months ago

!!!!!! READ THIS !!!!!

If you would like to work for IBM, please send your information to chatoitaly@fastmail.fm
I have enjoyed working here for almost a couple of decades now.
Please let me know what areas you would be interested in and I'll do some searches for you on open listings.
Having been a developer, project manager, people manager and program manager with exposure across all the hardware brands within IBM (Z, X, P, Storage & Networking, RSS) I won't waste either of our time. If I can find a good fit, let's see what we can do !
We have a revamped employee referral plan so it's in both of our best interest to quickly see if a good match can be found.
Best of luck to all of you in whatever job you land.

- Chato

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

worked as a contractor at ibm in Yorktown Heights, New York

24 months ago

that looks like spam chato

anybody know if the deskside service rep in yorktown ny job posted over and over is real? I've just had my fourth recruiter(all major recruiting firs(who all claim to be IBM's "preferred vendor")) contact me about it. I've already been told that "the job is on hold", "the IBM hiring manager doesn't reply" to my recruiters manager's requests", etc. I don't want to waste anymore time and emotions on IBM if they aren't really hiring.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

San in Sunnyvale, California

14 months ago

Rod-IBM in Leesburg, Florida said:
Hi. Thank you for the valuable information. Generally, in IBM would a potential candidate would receive a notification (positive email/rejection letter) after an interview at IBM. Because I attended an interview in December at IBM and everything went on well. But it has been a month and I'm sending follow up emails to the Recruiter and hiring Manager. I haven't got any response. I'm curious to know my status in the hiring process either the process is still going on or another candidate has been chosen. Your response would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

subhashree.G in Bangalore, India

14 months ago

how can i send submit my resume?any particular website are available?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.