ITT - Tech Is A SCAM!!!!!!!!!! DON"T DO IT!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 912)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

mr.loud in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

29 months ago

You have to check with the individual schools admissions to see if they will accept certain credits. Just call em up! Anyway, I think there's enough information here for potential students. The point has been made and I don't necessarily disagree. I was trying to bring a little bit of positiveness in here since I have heard success stories other places online.

respectfully,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

mr.loud in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

29 months ago

"ITT some time ago is NOT the ITT of today."

What a shame :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Stpn2me in Carlisle, Pennsylvania

29 months ago

Merzaie,

What?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Saint Joseph, Minnesota

29 months ago

I related my story of the complete ineptitude and chaos of my time at ITT in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota in hopes of warning others. I saw this site before enrolling and figured they were just people that failed for one reason or another and now had a bone to pick. I went for it anyway despite the warning signs. After 7 weeks of total B.S. I experienced everything that many mentioned on this site and then some. I stated in previous postings that one could actually learn something there but what's the point? Considering that many find a degree at ITT to be a joke your job prospects are going to be difficult at best. I got out early and enrolled at a different school before it was too late but my advice to those considering ITT is "ITT-Tech Is A SCAM!!!!!!!!!!DON"T DO IT!!!!!!"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

runfastfromITT in Rainbow City, Alabama

28 months ago

nicknacktech in Glendora, California said: CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE WOULD BE ONE OF THE BEST PLACES TO GO FOR COLLEGE IN SOCALIFORNIA FOR COMPUTER ENGINEERING SORRRY FOR THE CAPS ..i just recently decided this is one of which i want to do as a serious career along as a computer engineer or maybe software engineering so many of you are talking really bad on itt tech and devry i want to make sure i go to a good round school can any one lead me in the right direction and pls no help from people that dont know what there talking about such as very young teen n those who dont have the job maybe if you know someone personal or yeah ...sorry to be rude but yeah

Ever heard of punctuation? What you are trying to say is lost somewhere within that five million word sentence. Before you can even dream of becoming an engineer of any kind you will have to be able to convey your thoughts to your peers. You, at the very least, appear to need an ENG001 class from a community college. The ENG001 doesn't offer any credit hrs, which puts it at even par with the entire curriculum at ITT (i.e., worthless).

Wanna go into debt for the next twenty or thirty years and waste the next two years of your life for something that handicaps instead of helps? Hate to say it, but ITT survives off of the ignorance of perspective students that believe their BS tv ads. Don't be a sucker (and take an english class).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Mike ITT N Charlotte in Mocksville, North Carolina

28 months ago

Wow people love to complain everything don't they? I have been going to ITT Tech for a year now and I love everyday I go. I make great grades because I study and I know one day I will land a good job. One of my class mates was just hired on with Microsoft he has been going to ITT Tech for 2 years now and he couldn't be happier with his new job. I'm tired of people bashing this school, yes you can get the same education at a community college but like my other fried who went that route he has yet to get to his actual classes for his degree he is still taking his pre classes for over a year now. yea you may pay more but what do you expect from a school were you get in and get out with a degree with little basic Ed classes.

Go ahead attack me if you want your opinions matter very little to me, I know what I want to do with my life and ITT Tech will get me there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

to chris

don't worry about it, I'm use to forums when my opinion always gets attacked. My school loans are taken care by the post 9/11 bill.

for the guest
yes my classmate was hired by Microsoft to run servers, all he had to do was go to a class held by them for a month before he did his actually job. Oh people are getting hired left and right from my school in Charlotte I have even had some job offers but turned them own because of my own reasons.

I fell sorry for the people that felt like they were screwed over by ITT Tech the school isn't for some people and some people are never happy where they are, I wish all those the people the best of luck in life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

to guest

he went to a job fair and was hired a couple of days later,He helps monitor servers and installs them and performs maintenance on them when needed. don't know how much hes making but everybody has to start somewhere in the job ladder

the graduation rate of my campus is 75% that's pretty good because I know some community colleges that don't even have 50%

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

I do like my school they haven't done anything in my book to feel outraged about ITT Tech. I do feel sorry that you had a bad experience at your school an they just rushed you through. one of the very first classes I took was STRATEGIES FOR THE TECHNICAL PROFESSIONAL (coped and pasted sorry for all caps) that class was to teach you how to use office 2007 and power point. I am glad that you're trying to warn people about scams and what not. But every ITT Tech has different staff that run things different. where I'm at they do nothing but try to help the students out as much as possible I even have a teacher that would bend over backwards for me if I needed it.

Another thing is how people act in the school I see immature people all the time surfing the internet and playing on their phones while the teacher is trying to teach us something new. these people I feel are the ones that give ITT Tech a bad name because they fail are just drop out then blame the school for their own actions. I'm not saying you guys on here are them but a couple of other sites have these people complaining about everything the school did wrong to them.

I hope all you guys on here find a school that you like, best of luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

br2no in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

28 months ago

I went graduated from ITT in 2004, in the CNS program. I've now worked in the IT industry for 9 years as a PC Tech, System Admin and Database Admin. ITT was great for me. I came with a solid understanding of computers, but not in a practical way. ITT really helped me. Sure some of the instructors dont care, and some of the courses are pointless. But all I know is when I enrolled in ITT, I was making 6.50 an hour as a data entry clerk, and after I graduated I immediatley walked it into a job making 41k a year. Since then, my pay has doubled to over 80k a year. You really have to apply yourself though, and you have to be mindful about what you want to do in the job market. Some people think if they just get a degree they can get a job. Its not like that at all. I busted my butt in class, to learn as much as I can. I got my A+ Certification 9 months into ITT, with that I was able to get a temp pc tech job on a rollout project. When I graduated, ITT helped me get job with a Army Contract as a Sys Admin. Most of the knowledge I've gained since then has been on the job.

I admit, ITT is expensive. I do suggest shopping around first before you sign on the dotted line. I also suggest that you know this is the field for you. Many I graduated with still work normal jobs, selling cell phones or in chemical plants, now having to pay back all that money. They feel it is a waste. But its no different than any other school.

ITT was perfect for me because I had to work full time and I did not like the traditional universities. I liked their class schedules and they are very flexible.

All I can say is do your research before you go, and once you commit to it, go all the way. If you work hard and apply yourself, you can have a successful career. Im thankful for my time with ITT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

br2no in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

28 months ago

Now as far as working at Microsoft and all that stuff, I doubt that. But for a guy like me who was coming from nothing, and starting at 0, ITT worked out fine for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

thanks for all the comments I really like the one about of the IT guys laughing at my comments but that's fine I'll believe what I want to I guess, but I like going to ITT Tech. yeah some of the classes are dumb I know I been taking them for a year now. So why I'm I going to quit a year in to the school I like the Tech colleges. I'm not the type of guy that can sit in a class and listen to them talk all day about I don't care about, I am a hands on learner and ITT Tech is hands on. If I want to spend my post 9/11 money their I can I payed in to it for it anyway.

I have made nothing but straight A's since I have been their I really am learning a lot. I am sorry if you guys had a bad experience at your school but like I said the staff try's to help us any way they can. I get emails from my rep every week asking me how's school going, and shes talks with me every time in the halls when I see her.

The rate I', going I will be done with school next march, and when I get my Associates Deg I'm jump in to the ISS program starting on my Bachelors Deg. When I comment my self to doing something I want to go all the way.

you guys have a good night.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Becker, Minnesota

28 months ago

A person could sit at home with a computer and some up to date books and learn what one needs to know. Likewise, one could do so at ITT. The problem with a degree from ITT is, I'm finding more and more as I research, that the IT industry doesn't give any weight to an ITT degree. Unfortunately they already know what I went through hell finding out. ITT only cares about the money. A person that excelled has the same degree that some idiot has just for showing up to class. Sad but true.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Prophet83 in Chicago, Illinois

28 months ago

Graduated from ITT got my Associates in Comter Drafting and Design It's expensive but most colleges are invest in yourself was hired in my field right upon Graduation entry level with all the over time included I made about 55k my first year. If you don't like it then don't attend. For each person it will be different I recieved both Grants and loans to pay for my education, I admit I may have had 1 or 2 teachers who shouldn't have been there but overall had a decent experience and as far as other colleges not excepting credits they do but it all depends most schools i don't care where you go will do a course comparison to see if they line up UIC took about 50% of my credits when I applied roosevelt took all of my credits. I do agree that it sucks that if you want to go a major university they should look at the overall degree, but Itt is a Technical school straight to the point. If anything the major universities is the rip off making you take unecessary gen ed courses, but really is it not all vanity? Most people just go to a school because it sounds good on a Resume or to impress their peers, when really all that matters is that you get a education, and are able to take care of yourself and family! and as far as students being fake and work for ITT and being paid to say stuff, come on REALLY! a Lie from the pits of HELL!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

To Guest

I notice that you bash people on here and have negative comments to half of the post on here. ITT Tech works for some people and some not so much. What are these these Top 10 schools you refer to, what kind of middle class worker can afford these schools besides Community college. I know ITT Tech is expansive. But some people just don't want to go through the basic classes to learn what they choose as their field. Like I said in a early post my friend has a friend in community college for a year 1/2 and still hasn't even learned any thing related to the IT field yet just basic classes so far. Since day one in ITT Tech I have had a Technical class then after 9 months I am in all Technical classes learning for the job I will have one day.

Since you seem to know a lot about the IT world why don't you give us pointers to get that good job rather then say the ITT Tech degree wont be good enough for the job. Why not tell us what certificates we need, to out shine the other guys, are so on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nicknacktech in La Verne, California

28 months ago

Mike ITT N Charlotte in Mocksville, North Carolina said: To Guest

I notice that you bash people on here and have negative comments to half of the post on here. ITT Tech works for some people and some not so much. What are these these Top 10 schools you refer to, what kind of middle class worker can afford these schools besides Community college. I know ITT Tech is expansive. But some people just don't want to go through the basic classes to learn what they choose as their field. Like I said in a early post my friend has a friend in community college for a year 1/2 and still hasn't even learned any thing related to the IT field yet just basic classes so far. Since day one in ITT Tech I have had a Technical class then after 9 months I am in all Technical classes learning for the job I will have one day.

Since you seem to know a lot about the IT world why don't you give us pointers to get that good job rather then say the ITT Tech degree wont be good enough for the job. Why not tell us what certificates we need, to out shine the other guys, are so on.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH finally somoe one said this arent people willing to help others anymore you dont just bash someone from trying to learn something you help them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

tech_2012 in Wichita, Kansas

28 months ago

you want to know? a classmate of mine graduated in march, and he is currently going for his bachelor's degree at Butler cc here in kansas. he's not been to another college before either ITT or Butler, so don't tell me the credits don't transfer

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

do you know this classmate of mine? no you don't. everybody at ITT that still knows him will tell you that's what he did. in order to get a bachelor's degree, you must have an associate's first. he is going for a bachelor's degree NOT having been to another college than ITT. you obviously are ignorant because you don't know the guy and live in a hick state. i know him and have known him for the past year. it's not my fault you're ignorant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

runfastfromITT in Rainbow City, Alabama

28 months ago

tech_2012 in Wichita, Kansas said: do you know this classmate of mine? no you don't. everybody at ITT that still knows him will tell you that's what he did. in order to get a bachelor's degree, you must have an associate's first. he is going for a bachelor's degree NOT having been to another college than ITT. you obviously are ignorant because you don't know the guy and live in a hick state. i know him and have known him for the past year. it's not my fault you're ignorant.

I must admit, many people (some on this thread) could justly refer to me as being "ignorant", and although I've lived in many states (TX, ID, WY, MT, OK, TN, and Atwood, KANSAS) yes, I was born and currently reside in Alabama (War Eagle!). But you might be surprised to know I have all my teeth (just 3 fillings!), don't even own overalls or a straw hat, I speak English, Italian (learning Spanish) and i don't know a single person called Bubba . . . but half my closet IS camouflage and I love to fish and hunt. I must admit, I'm an extremely fortunate individual. I live on the waterfront which affords me the luxury of living a lifestyle that fulfills me. Even though I'm a pessimist and a cynic, I'm honest (well, most of the time), and if that's a hick, well, I'm a hick then.

People lie, which cuts to the core of this thread. I'm not calling you a liar, but many of the posters here are. Many others are ill-informed. You can't even compare ITT to any not-for-profit school. It falls exceedingly short in every category. If you attend or have attended ITT you have been scammed. You have been sold a lie. I went to ITT, got my 2nd degree there.

Do your research before any big commitment. I wish I would have done so.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

ITT_STUDENT in Tempe, Arizona

28 months ago

I'm currently enrolled in the BS ISS program at ITT-Tech in Tempe, AZ. I have also received an associate’s degree from here as well. The comments that I have read so far have been fairly accurate. Yes it is true that ITT-Tech is extremely expensive and you would be better off going to a community college or traditional four year college. It should be noted that I’m a veteran and my entire tuition is paid for by the government. I’m not upset with ITT-Tech so my post isn’t going to be a rage fueled hate fest, I’ve been in this game for too long and have already went through the range of emotions with dealing with this school. There are just a couple of things that I would like to point out. First off I have read some posts here on this site as well as others that have complained about not being able to get a job after graduation. Nowhere does it state that they will get you a job. I can already tell that the people upset are the people who submitted a resume and then just waited for career services to find them something; it’s ok because I did the exact same thing. I quickly realized that just like in the real world, nothing is just given and you actually have to work at finding a job. The same goes for the school as well; it’s what you make of it. I have seen students that I knew were going to leave the school and be successful because they put the effort into it. Then there are the students that just do the bare minimal and still are able to get by. Those are the ones that are going to be posting about how ITT-Tech is a scam. You will find the exact same thing in any university. ITT-Tech will eventually be a fully accredited college. Why you ask? Because they have too, the government absolutely hates private for profit intuitions. If ITT-Tech wants to stay in business they will do whatever it takes to make the needed changes to get accredited. So I guess if you read this post and are thinking about attending this school, I would just try to remember that it’s

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ITT_STUDENT in Tempe, Arizona

28 months ago

(From Post above)

what you make out of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

To the comment made early if all they do is hand out A's then Tell me why I received a F in my comp II class. Yeah you can bash me all you want for it but I don't care it is the first class I have made lower then a A in. (oh the teacher runs the class as her English class in her university she gos to, and her grading scale is %100,%70,%0 that's it, no room for error in that grading scale.)

Oh I went back to school today after my two week break and guess what GUEST they upgraded their computers and now we have windows 7, which is great because now I don't have to run VMware to run windows 7 to do my labs.

TO Chris

don't blame you for getting out of your situation if my school made mistake after mistake I would leave to. still trying to figure out what they did so bad for you to miss days though?
sorry they are still messing with you, just tell them were to shove it and hope for the best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

knowitall35 in wichita, Kansas

28 months ago

The thousands of complaints against Itt should tell you something about the quality of this school. Most of the students are set up for failure because they are of very low intellect to begin with.Many barely pass the admissions test, which your average eighth grader could pass . when they pass with the minimum score they are lauded on by the staff and made to feel like they are a genius. The staff preys on unqualified students who have pipe dreams they unfortunately will never achieve. The education itself is of low quality and the cost is outrageous. And graduates cannot find jobs because employers are aware of the poor reputation of the school. There is no other college that brings up so many negative results when you google the name, and there is a reason for that. There is no conspiracy against ITT...it has earned its reputation based on its failure to properly educate students and produce successful graduates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Saint Paul, Minnesota

28 months ago

Mike ITT N Charlotte in Mocksville, North Carolina said: To the comment made early if all they do is hand out A's then Tell me why I received a F in my comp II class. Yeah you can bash me all you want for it but I don't care it is the first class I have made lower then a A in. (oh the teacher runs the class as her English class in her university she gos to, and her grading scale is %100,%70,%0 that's it, no room for error in that grading scale.)

Oh I went back to school today after my two week break and guess what GUEST they upgraded their computers and now we have windows 7, which is great because now I don't have to run VMware to run windows 7 to do my labs.

TO Chris

don't blame you for getting out of your situation if my school made mistake after mistake I would leave to. still trying to figure out what they did so bad for you to miss days though?
sorry they are still messing with you, just tell them were to shove it and hope for the best.

Didn't technically miss days. I lost my personal time. Time where I could have been doing homework, working, or just relaxing. Instead I spent days on the phone with Microsoft and other powers that be trying to fix the messes that the inept staff made for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

bill in New Kensington, Pennsylvania

28 months ago

Former_Instructor in Houston, Texas said: From a former ITT-Tech instructor (4.5 years in Houston) - the school is a scam that preys on s tupid, uneducated (and uneducable) people for the $40,000 federal student loans that they obtain. The books are a joke, the cirriculum is written for morons (because only a moron would attend there) and the credits don't transfer.

How can a person who picks his/her nose in class; who doesn't bathe regularly; who can't read OR write expect to get a professional job earning sufficient income to pay off a $40,000 student loan?

To summarize: the school is a scam for s uckers, the credits will NEVER transfer to a REAL university or college (DeVry doesn't count, stupid!), and only mo rons enroll.

first off are they a little expensive? yes, but to say they are a scam is misleading they help you get interviews and jobs. I got my first IT degree and completed it by march 2003 with help and personal determination found a good job by september 2003 but, must be noted you must do your part to get that good job ITT can't do it all. as far as credits can't be transfered is bs as they transfered when I got my 2nd degree a shortened program for database administration and it was a major university. the question is if you were an instructor do you leave on bad terms as what you are saying is not acurate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

knowitall35 in wichita, Kansas

28 months ago

Yes what

bill in New Kensington, Pennsylvania said: first off are they a little expensive? yes, but to say they are a scam is misleading they help you get interviews and jobs. I got my first IT degree and completed it by march 2003 with help and personal determination found a good job by september 2003 but, must be noted you must do your part to get that good job ITT can't do it all. as far as credits can't be transfered is bs as they transfered when I got my 2nd degree a shortened program for database administration and it was a major university. the question is if you were an instructor do you leave on bad terms as what you are saying is not acurate.yes what

Yes what he says is accurate. The credits will NOT transfer to any major university.period. ITT is the only place that will accept your ITT associate 's degree. What major university did you attend? I am interested to know. The instructor 's take on ITT is accurate. You must have been one of the few lucky ones.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

knowitall35 in wichita, Kansas said: Yes what

Yes what he says is accurate. The credits will NOT transfer to any major university.period. ITT is the only place that will accept your ITT associate 's degree. What major university did you attend? I am interested to know. The instructor 's take on ITT is accurate. You must have been one of the few lucky ones.

try again, I was able to transfer credits and what some of you are missing is ITT is a trade school not a university so some schools may not take it but, others will and it was a major university. the decline of transfer of credits is based on the other school's rules also, if they can decline them they can force you to retake the class and get more money how some don't see the other side of the coin here is funny.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

guest in San Francisco, California said: Uh No.

What others are saying about ITT Tech being a scam is quite accurate. Phrases such as "good job" doesn't tell me anything. How much is this "good job paying". ITT Tech degrees are considered a joke in the IT industry.

6 figures where exactly depends on how many hrs but, before i went to school i didn't make 20,000 a yr so its a huge jump and to me worth what i paid but it took effort to get here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

If you go to a public community college then most likely ALL of the credits will transfer to the state college and univesity system. "Others will" doesn't tell me anything. WHAT REAL schools with a REGIONAL accreditation will take ITT Tech credits ?? (Sorry, Devry and University of Phoenix don't count)

all my credits transfered and i

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

If you go to a public community college then most likely ALL of the credits will transfer to the state college and univesity system. "Others will" doesn't tell me anything. WHAT REAL schools with a REGIONAL accreditation will take ITT Tech credits ?? (Sorry, Devry and University of Phoenix don't count)

all my credits transfered and it was a university not devry or phoenix it was kaplan an accredited university you still missing the point the school you transfer to decides if they will take the credits and ITT is not a university.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Stpn2me in Carlisle, Pennsylvania said: Bill,

I do not intend to be mean. You sound like someone who went to ITT. Your grammar is horrible. The run-on sentences tell us all we need to know about you. Like Guest in S.F. just said, no one considers Kaplan to be a major player in the academic arena. Those credits basically transfered from one ITT to another ITT look-alike. And you are NOT going to graduate from ITT and walk into a 100K a year job. And if you say you did, you are lying. I'm sorry. I am in the IT field now and I know what employers are looking for. There is NO entry level IT job that is paying 100K. The only thing even remotely paying close to 100K is software development or programming difficult code and you dont get anything close to that at ITT. You are just not credible in this arena.

always have had writing issues was in a special class in highschool but it is not about your writing skills

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Stpn2me in Carlisle, Pennsylvania said: Bill,

I do not intend to be mean. You sound like someone who went to ITT. Your grammar is horrible. The run-on sentences tell us all we need to know about you. Like Guest in S.F. just said, no one considers Kaplan to be a major player in the academic arena. Those credits basically transfered from one ITT to another ITT look-alike. And you are NOT going to graduate from ITT and walk into a 100K a year job. And if you say you did, you are lying. I'm sorry. I am in the IT field now and I know what employers are looking for. There is NO entry level IT job that its paying 100K. The only thing even remotely paying close to 100K is software development or programming difficult code and you dont get anything close to that at ITT. You are just not credible in this arena.

always have had writing issues was in a special class in highschool but it is not about your writing skills unless you a programmer which i'm not. fact is you guys continue to not get the point ITT doesn't control what other schools allow to transfer to their school because they are a trade school. never said my possition was entry level as it took years no one will get a 100k job at the beginning.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

also, fact is any degree is just a piece a paper if you don't strive for more which is what i did. I didn't just get the job i have by accident with effort comes rewards.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

itt_instructor in Dallas, Texas

28 months ago

As for writing skills....yes, they matter very much and one cannot hope to be promoted or progress in many instances if they cannot communicate effectively both orally and in writing. I have enjoyed the exchanges and see that, while you are trying to defend your position, you’ve not provide much in the way of any facts to support your position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

28 months ago

Stpn2me

unless you made of the cloth to hadle combat would not recommend it.</I>

Dude,

I am a 20 year career military officer, still on active duty. I have several combat deployments under my belt. I have even commanded in combat.

ITT still sucks..

I was in the marines and I know that No officers would ever say dude are brag about their deployments so nice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

SPC Student in Saint Petersburg, Florida

28 months ago

Itt tech is a Scam said: All these positive rebuttals are from fake students and are actually paid by ITT Tech to say bogus and fake message, I am working for ITT and I know what’s going on, everybody knows ITT-TECH and their fabricated information and invented reports, I am surpassed they still in the education business , they should be in the Sublime loans or any fraud and unethical business. The only concern of the management in the HQ is to increase profits and do not care about students, I believe ITT Tech soon will go down because I know about many lawsuits waiting for ITT.

Please think 98,000,000 times before attending ITT Tech, at ITT Tech you are a "start number” you are not a students in any way.

Ca you say disgruntled employee!!!! My brother graduated witha IT degree is doing very well dor himself. I bet you are mad at the schoool for some reason and matter of fact if looked into it you probably were fired and now your trying to give them a bad review. Your probably paid by University of Pheonix or someone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

colbye03 in New Hyde Park, New York

28 months ago

I will say that i did get enough knowledge from paying attention and actually doing my work how it should be done for my associates in networking at ITT tech i currently have a job making 60K a year as data integration engineer....I will say i wish i dint go to itt tech for they aren't accredit like everyone else says i transferred to devry and only 29 of my credits transferred over. I love devry though awesome instructors and teach a lot the curriculum is great i will be continuing my masters at devry/keller as a ITT tech graduate i wont not recommend it to anyone although i did end up in good situation i am probably one of the few who is

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Stpn2me in Carlisle, Pennsylvania

28 months ago

I wish they would teach their students how to use a period.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

juslola in Lincoln Park, Michigan

28 months ago

Former_Instructor in Houston, Texas said: From a former ITT-Tech instructor (4.5 years in Houston) - the school is a scam that preys on s tupid, uneducated (and uneducable) people for the $40,000 federal student loans that they obtain. The books are a joke, the cirriculum is written for morons (because only a moron would attend there) and the credits don't transfer.

How can a person who picks his/her nose in class; who doesn't bathe regularly; who can't read OR write expect to get a professional job earning sufficient income to pay off a $40,000 student loan?

To summarize: the school is a scam for s uckers, the credits will NEVER transfer to a REAL university or college (DeVry doesn't count, stupid!), and only mo rons enroll.

My friend graduated 4yrs ago, got a job rt out of itt tech..he started out at like 75,000 now he's making over 6 figures. The company name Black and Veatch in Ann Arbor, MI....maybe its a lil different in Houston so you can not judge all locations sir

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

I agree with B...I seriously doubt the 'CIA' was searching for recruits at ITT Tech. I can say, however, that I did see another prestigious agency looking around as they needed to fill a specific skill set - electronics - for entry level work. Great pay/benefits, and I know they had many students they interviewed at several campuses.

The result? Not one person made it. ?????!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Cfarris75th in Huntsville, Alabama

27 months ago

Wow! Such animosity towards ITT Tech. I am not here to defend nor contribute to the negativity against ITT Tech. I am just here to tell you about my experience while attending ITT Tech. I am a graduate of ITT Tech from Madison, AL. I chose the school because it offered me classes in which I could attend along with my work schedule. I received my associates in Computer Networking Systems and Bachelors in Project Management. Two weeks after I graduated I received a call from a wonderful company. After receiving my certifications for the position I headed of to work. I am now IT support for 55,000 Army Corps of Engineers employees. I earned my spot within the ranks. I pushed hard every day to become a better student while also working a full time job. My instructors helped me with every problem I had. Of course there were a few difficult instructors but that comes with the territory of any school. I pay my loans just as any other student does and do not have a problem doing so. This is my story. I have not been paid by either party; I paid myself my receiving my degree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cfarris75th in Huntsville, Alabama

27 months ago

Thanks Rob! I served 4 years with the US Army (Infantry) so inevitable I only had to pay $8,000 total in student loans after my GI Bill. Yes, I could of done all the above stated in your reply however, I would not have received the self-gratification I did when receiving my degree. Unfortunately, I would not have been able to obtain my position at the company I am with for they require that you have a degree in the related field and two certifications. Security + and your MCP Certification. Although some people have made the school look degrading but for the most part it is what you make of it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Scott Tudehope in Etiwanda, California

27 months ago

I was told to leave because I had the balls to write my own economics final. One of my lesser students ratted me out to the "dean" and my demise was full on after that. The real reason that I was forced out of ITT Tech San Bernardino was that I backed an associate dean in my GE department. He then transferred out, and warned me about the dean. I unwisely thought that he was over reacting. Two months later I was out of a job. That's the kind of place ITT Tech is. It's just full of mean, vindictive ass holes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

aaron in Chicago, Illinois

27 months ago

trechtzigelitt-tech in Madison, Wisconsin said: Hello everyone I am a real student at itt in madison. I have only been there a week. I know my Criminal justice teacher is an actual police officer. I don't know if what you say is true, and i would like opinions from both sides and some kind of proof to back up your facts. please

Hi I am currently attending ITT Tech. and I am not sure why all the bad comments about this school? I think the staff and teachers are all very kind,helpful and very knowledgeable. I would also like some evidence of why people are upset or why ITT is bad to support their claims. This is my first college and would really appreciate the feedback. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

aaron in Chicago, Illinois

27 months ago

Why is that please tell me in my 3rd week just curious my first technical school. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

There is really nothing bad about ITT. I am in my last quarter, and it's been a very good experience for me, and not in a negative way either. The problem with people complaining about this college is either that they don't finish and blame the school for it, or they have an extremely negative and narrow-minded view of the school. Yes it says the credits are not transferrable on the commercial, but that doesn't mean you can't get a job with an ITT degree. Here in Kansas we have people being employed at companies such as Cox Communications, different tv stations like KWCH 12, and even by the city of Wichita for infrastructure. The graduating IT class is designing and installing a complete from-the-ground-up network system for a new hospital (including security systems) that communicates with another place in Chicago. Every piece of equipment is being purchased by the college and installed and configured 100% by the students. Now tell me that you can't get a job doing a project like that. I am an ET student, and we are designing and building an entry system for places such as apartment complexes and storage units that implements PLCs and a microcontroller. It uses keypad entry and the PLC will control entry/exit gates as well as lighting for the area and will include security cameras. A man that wants to implement solutions like this around the Wichita area and maybe other places as well may hire some of us when we give our presentation for the demo. So all the haters cannot say that can't land you a good job, because PLCs are very proprietary hardware and that field is the most profitable in electronics. The software is very expensive too, about $4400 per license. So welcome to ITT Tech, I hope you have a very pleasant experience as I have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

There is really nothing bad about ITT. I am in my last quarter, and it's been a very good experience for me, and not in a negative way either. The problem with people complaining about this college is either that they don't finish and blame the school for it, or they have an extremely negative and narrow-minded view of the school. Yes it says the credits are not transferrable on the commercial, but that doesn't mean you can't get a job with an ITT degree. Here in Kansas we have people being employed at companies such as Cox Communications, different tv stations like KWCH 12, and even by the city of Wichita for infrastructure. The graduating IT class is designing and installing a complete from-the-ground-up network system for a new hospital (including security systems) that communicates with another place in Chicago. Every piece of equipment is being purchased by the college and installed and configured 100% by the students. Now tell me that you can't get a job doing a project like that. I am an ET student, and we are designing and building an entry system for places such as apartment complexes and storage units that implements PLCs and a microcontroller. It uses keypad entry and the PLC will control entry/exit gates as well as lighting for the area and will include security cameras. A man that wants to implement solutions like this around the Wichita area and maybe other places as well may hire some of us when we give our presentation for the demo. So all the haters cannot say that can't land you a good job, because PLCs are very proprietary hardware and that field is the most profitable in electronics. The software is very expensive too, about $4400 per license. So welcome to ITT Tech, I hope you have a very pleasant experience as I have

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

cfarris75th in Huntsville, Alabama

27 months ago

All it sounds like is most of you that are complaining about ITT Tech attended the school but either failed out or frankly just quit. Sorry for your lack of understanding. After my grants and scholorship money I only paid back $22,000. Who do you think provided me with away to receive those funds? Ummm.. ITT Tech... Once again you are still uneducated, still poor, and are still looking for a job. Congrats... Your moving up in the world.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

cfarris75th in Huntsville, Alabama

27 months ago

That's an amazing story since I am still getting my my scholorship money and my pell grant... I am currently in my 3rd year with ITT Tech. You are correct it is MY money... I am using it... TO GO TO COLLEGE. You turly believe college is free? It COST money people!!! Enjoy paying back the loans that you received without finishing your education. To answer your question yes I would recommend ITT to anyone!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

27 months ago

7. How many REAL universities have a pizza night if there are 2 consecutive weeks of perfect attendance? This attendance is calculated on whether or not 1 hour out of the evening had all the students present.

8. How many REAL universities pressure staff to pass students regardless of their grades?

I was there for a year and found that there were some quality staff and a few quality students; however, the curriculum and requirements were so watered down to meet the lowest common denominator that there was little quality learning to be had by those students during class. They were so far ahead of the pack that in some there was a lot of frustration. Imagine going through your entire time, quarter after quarter, with the same group?

Best of luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.