List of Schools where can I transfer my ITT TECh credits

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (17)

habanerosoy in Killeen, Texas

28 months ago

Where my ITT Tech credits Will Transfer??? Im looking to get my bachelors from a regionally institution.... Is there is any list of schools that would take their credits.
I found this list online for transfering from NA institution to RA I wonder if this is gonna work for ITT As well
There are MANY regionally accredited schools that take NA credit if also approved by ACE.

Bellevue University
University of North Alabama
University of West Alabama
Kaplan University
Moody Bible Institute
Jones Bible College

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

itt_instructor in Dallas, Texas

26 months ago

FYI..most any for-profit college which has gotten regional accreditation will take your credits. Talk to them directly; however, I do know for sure that Kaplan University has accepted students from ITT Tech into it's bachelor degree program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Dr. T in New Orleans, Louisiana

20 months ago

Wizard of Oz University.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

JT in Taylor, Michigan

20 months ago

I attended ITT Technical Institute for two years in Canton MI, where I received my Associate of Applied Science (Computer Network Systems). Then I took several months off before deciding to return to college. At the time ITT did not have enough people for their new Bachelors program, (Information Systems Cybersecurity) So I decided to go to Baker College of Allen Park MI. They are a non-profit college accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, which is a regional accreditation. They took nearly all of my ITT Tech credits! With the exception of:

"TB-133 Strategies for the Technical Professional"
"Structured Cabling" (This class was a complete waste of money)
"Portfolio Development" (Made up course by ITT)

Currently, I'm back at ITT Tech, Dearborn MI, in their new (ISC) bachelor program that I waited forever for! After I'm finished I plan on carrying those credits back over to Baker College, and finish the Bachelor of Information Technology and Security (BITS) program that I started there, giving me dual bachelor degrees.

I will admit that ITT Tech does give out some degrees to undeserving individuals, lessening the value of your AS degree each time. However, the Bachelor program is no joke, the instructors are required to have a Masters degree, and believe me they will fail you if you don't perform. We have lost nearly half our class already, they just couldn't handle the work load. I study the curriculum that I'm most interested in, after all, college is supposed to be a somewhat enjoyable experience.

Employers will usually ask a lot of technical questions during a job interview, and they can usually weed out the idiots within the first few questions. My advice is to get certs and experience to back up your degree, some employers only look for experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

JB in Charleston, West Virginia

17 months ago

I was in the same Information Systems Cybersecurity program with ITT Tech Online until I learned that ALL of my text books were atleast 4 to 5 editions behind the current release. So all of their programs are out of date including the security+ class! I brought this to my instructors attention as well as the IT Program Director for ITT Tech but nobody cared. I have filed complaints with BBB but that will probably do nothing. So I am stuck with over $20k in student loans for nothing to show for it!!!
ITT Tech is nothing but a scam!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

bin child in Anonymous Proxy

16 months ago

Hello,

i would like to say how sick I am of hearing people complain about this school. Honestly its so juvenile and all these people who supposedly worked for the school I don't believe for a minute. All I ever see is ITT Tech is a scam!!!! It is getting really old. Stop complaining and do something. Also those that claim that employers do not hire from this school they really have no idea. I currently work in I.T. and also i have many head hunters and recruiters that are after me for jobs. I want to move out of state and they all offer in state. Also those that say that the students are less intelligent here is some food for thought most of my classmates,the exceptional ones, were engineering students that got tired of the ridiculous curriculum at the 4 year universities. I was classmates with one student who was a genius at calculus who was a computer programming major. I also had many classmates in Physics class that could do those problems in their sleep. I remember one Indian student he could complete the tests in about 10 minutes and he got all A's. Our homework for that class would make most of you cry. As for those that think its such an honor to graduate from a community college, I am sorry, but I would never brag about being only a community college grad. I am taking a class with some community college grads now for my Security+ and I am much more knowledgeable. I agree its over priced and the standards are low for admission. I only went, because I wanted good foundation for computer science. When people ask about my experience I am mature about it and state I feel it was over priced, but I learned what i needed to know. I am also not lazy too. I know a degree doesn't grant you any thing. I'm currently being looked at by Drexel University to further my degree to a bachelors and then to an MBA. Also I have taken courses from Stanford and M.I.T I have spent time at the nationally accredited universities and the regionally accredited. Stop complaining.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (33) Reply - Report abuse

Jess in Saint Louis, Missouri

14 months ago

SD247 in Michigan said: lol Kaplan is just just as bad as ITT technical.
it's in the same category as sanford brown, and devry and university of phoenix. I've never heard of the other ones listed, which means they are probably for profit businesses just like ITT is, and basically another scam with a useless piece of expensive paper.

That's a little harsh, there are pros and cons for these for-profit schools

www.jobunlocker.com/blog/the-pros-and-cons-of-for-profit-colleges/ (pros and cons)
crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/profit-colleges-suck-half-all-vet-tui (just cons)

For-profit schools work out well for some people. I know a guy who got a regular bachelors degree and then a masters from one of the for-profits you named and he is crushing it and making a ton of money (6+figures). At the same time I have multiple friends with these for-profit degrees that didn't seem to help at all. Personally, as someone who has done hiring before, for-profits still have a stigma since they give out degrees to just about anyone and have minimal admissions standards. But if your skills are there, it won't stop your chances, you just won't get as much credibility as a regular degree. So i guess i'm trying to say to each his own.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

david in Overland Park, Kansas

13 months ago

JB in Charleston, West Virginia said: I was in the same Information Systems Cybersecurity program with ITT Tech Online until I learned that ALL of my text books were atleast 4 to 5 editions behind the current release. So all of their programs are out of date including the security+ class! I brought this to my instructors attention as well as the IT Program Director for ITT Tech but nobody cared. I have filed complaints with BBB but that will probably do nothing. So I am stuck with over $20k in student loans for nothing to show for it!!!
ITT Tech is nothing but a scam!

Security+ is a certification not a class. In defense of ITT tech, I was security+ certified after only a week of study, paying for and taking the exam which is administered through pearson vue it is not administered through any college or university. I have been in this industry for nearly 15 years. A degree alone will not get you to a top seat in a company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Too Skinny in Roswell, Georgia

13 months ago

david in Overland Park, Kansas said: Security+ is a certification not a class. In defense of ITT tech, I was security+ certified after only a week of study, paying for and taking the exam which is administered through pearson vue it is not administered through any college or university. I have been in this industry for nearly 15 years. A degree alone will not get you to a top seat in a company.

I am glad you posted this because it will enlighten alot of people the weight of certs and degree...I am currently attending ITT for CNS program and have to admit some of the classes are a waist of time...and for those that did not know this you can spend less money by paying $500 to test out of a class that you are experienced in with unlimited attempts...I am definetly going to W/D from structured cabling...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Edward in San Antonio, Texas

11 months ago

I have an ITT Tech Asso (CNST). I have also cisco certs and a CISSP. I have been offered jobs for 65 dollars and hour. With that being said most of the guys I went to school with didn't make it. But it wasn't the degree. It was their hunger. Yea you only make 10 or 15 dollars an hour when you get out of college most of the time. But its how it is with everyone who first get out of college.

Is it worth it..i was for me..BUT if I could do it again I would go to a community college and go to an university for my BA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

yes the bachelor program is tuff PMA in Dallas, Texas

8 months ago

JT in Taylor, Michigan said: I attended ITT Technical Institute for two years in Canton MI, where I received my Associate of Applied Science ( Computer Network Systems). Then I took several months off before deciding to return to college . At the time ITT did not have enough people for their new Bachelors program, (Information Systems Cybersecurity) So I decided to go to Baker College of Allen Park MI. They are a non-profit college accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, which is a regional accreditation. They took nearly all of my ITT Tech credits! With the exception of:

"TB-133 Strategies for the Technical Professional"
"Structured Cabling" (This class was a complete waste of money)
"Portfolio Development " (Made up course by ITT)

Currently, I'm back at ITT Tech, Dearborn MI, in their new (ISC) bachelor program that I waited forever for! After I'm finished I plan on carrying those credits back over to Baker College, and finish the Bachelor of Information Technology and Security (BITS) program that I started there, giving me dual bachelor degrees.

I will admit that ITT Tech does give out some degrees to undeserving individuals, lessening the value of your AS degree each time. However, the Bachelor program is no joke, the instructors are required to have a Masters degree, and believe me they will fail you if you don't perform. We have lost nearly half our class already, they just couldn't handle the work load. I study the curriculum that I'm most interested in, after all, college is supposed to be a somewhat enjoyable experience.

Employers will usually ask a lot of technical questions during a job interview, and they can usually weed out the idiots within the first few questions. My advice is to get certs and experience to back up your degree, some employers only look for experience.

Yes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ANTHONY in Cleveland, Ohio

7 months ago

QUOTE (Hello,

i would like to say how sick I am of hearing people complain about this school. Honestly its so juvenile and all these people who supposedly worked for the school I don't believe for a minute. All I ever see is ITT Tech is a scam!!!! It is getting really old. Stop complaining and do something. Also those that claim that employers do not hire from this school they really have no idea.)

THANK YOU SIR!!!! YEAH BS THESE PEOPLE WORK FOR THE SCHOOL! I CURRENTLY GO TO THIS SCHOOL AND LOVE IT! I WAS GETTING SO DISCOURAGED BY THE LOSERS THAT HAVE NO AMBITION!!!! I HAVE EMAILED MULTIPLE EMPLOYERS FOR 100K/YR JOBS ASKING ABOUT ITT TECH GRADS, AND THEY PREFER THEM! I CURRENTLY WORK IT MYSELF AS A TECH, AND MY BOSS IS THE ONE WHO TOLD ME THAT ITT TECH IS SO PRESTIGIOUS. KN

CUT THE BS, ITT TECH IS WHAT YOU MAKE IT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

superdad in Houston, Texas

4 months ago

I graduated from ITT in 2004 with an AAS in IT/Multimedia and decided to go back to school a few years ago to get a 4-year degree. When I enrolled at the community college to complete some of my basics I needed, I wasn't expecting the program-specific credits to transfer, but I figured at least the math and English etc. credits would be accepted. I can attest that a total of ZERO credits transferred from ITT to a community college. Other for-profit colleges may have no problem accepting credits from ITT, but I'm not going that route again. My dual credit courses from high school sure transferred though.

While I never pursued any career opportunities in animation or graphic design, I can say that simply having this degree on my resume has enabled me to get my foot in the door and getting an interview numerous times. After that it's up to you - the degree has served it's purpose. So yes, the books were crap, half the teachers were unqualified, school was shutdown during an FBI raid one day, the credits don't transfer to most colleges, tuition is overpriced, and my multimedia degree has nothing to do with any of the positions as a mechanical designer/drafter I've had - but none of that has prevented me from being hired by big name oil/gas companies.

All the degree is for is to get you in the door!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

keva in Chicago, Illinois

3 months ago

This is funny...the answer to that is Lewis University and Devry. Lewis is a National accredited school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

keva in Chicago, Illinois

3 months ago

This is funny...the answer to that is Lewis University and Devry. Im class of June 2014 I have already had a visit to Lewis thinking of going for my BA they said it should take less then 2 years with my credits

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TheKLB in Orinda, California

1 month ago

superdad in Houston, Texas said: I graduated from ITT in 2004 with an AAS in IT/Multimedia and decided to go back to school a few years ago to get a 4-year degree. When I enrolled at the community college to complete some of my basics I needed, I wasn't expecting the program-specific credits to transfer, but I figured at least the math and English etc. credits would be accepted. I can attest that a total of ZERO credits transferred from ITT to a community college. Other for-profit colleges may have no problem accepting credits from ITT, but I'm not going that route again. My dual credit courses from high school sure transferred though.

While I never pursued any career opportunities in animation or graphic design , I can say that simply having this degree on my resume has enabled me to get my foot in the door and getting an interview numerous times. After that it's up to you - the degree has served it's purpose. So yes, the books were crap, half the teachers were unqualified, school was shutdown during an FBI raid one day, the credits don't transfer to most colleges, tuition is overpriced, and my multimedia degree has nothing to do with any of the positions as a mechanical designer / drafter I've had - but none of that has prevented me from being hired by big name oil/gas companies.

All the degree is for is to get you in the door!

Wow! So why not go somewhere that has decent teachers, doesn't take you 20 years to pay off, and is transferable??? Your comment has so many negative yet its a good thing? Community college and $3,000 and you have the same piece of paper that that gets your foot in the door. Plus you can transfer the credits to just about any top tier college in the future. What if you want a BS from a state school or a prestigious private school? You have to start all over...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe in Littleton, Colorado

1 month ago

bin child in Anonymous Proxy said: Hello,

i would like to say how sick I am of hearing people complain about this school.

I agree with you! I attended ITT and got an IT degree in Networking. My class started with over 30 students and graduated three, yes three! It was incredibly challenging and as you can tell by the numbers, less then 10% succeeded. Even though our capstone was meant for a team of five - not only did we do it with three - one of the three didn't contribute a single letter or number to our entire 132 page report aside from his name. Despite voicing our concerns to the school and our professor we were unable to get him excluded and he still graduated with us. So, basically we did our capstone designed for five students with two. To add to the difficulty we chose a real-world RFP that was actually accepting bids instead of the "in-the-box" style that had been previously created by the school. We presented our report in front of the Denver Chamber of Commerce.

Was it frustrating? Of course! It was probably more challenging (in certain ways) than my entire time in the Marine Corps and two combat tours. Seriously! Graduating was up to me! I decided to be strong and finish even though it was so hard I wanted to quit. What I got out of my education was up to me! It was my choice to teach myself how to effectively learn. The jobs I was evaluated for after graduation was up to me! I decide what will make me happy. The salary I accepted was up to me! I determined how much my time and expertise are worth! Period!

My first year out of college (2012) I made over $125,000. Now I own my own business and make much more than that. So, was it overpriced in my opinion? Well, it was expensive but definitely worth what I took from it, so, NO!

So, what's the moral of the story? Stop complaining and blaming and take control of your own life. You're the one who has to live with yourself so I couldn't care less what you decide.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.