Recently Interview with iBasis for an Inside Sales Position

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

My2sense in Nashua, New Hampshire

71 months ago

I was contacted by a recruiter for the company who located my resume on monster. I got thru the first round of interviews very successfully, although I got two entirely different descriptions of the job responsibilities. I wasn't worried, it really made the job sound that much more interesting. I got the feeling the management team was not on the same page as this was a newly created role and they seemed to be defining the position as the interview process rolled along. I got great feed back from the recruiter regarding the first round of interviews and was rushed in within a week for the second round. The recruiter offered more unsolicited encouragement that she thought things were going well. I was thrilled because not only did the position meet my skills and interests, but my skills and experience were exactly what they were looking for. And the recruiter confirmed this. Well, lo and behold you can imagine my surprise when I recieved a call 3 days after the second round of interviews to be told I was not a good "fit" at this time and they were going to continue to interview other candidates. I was very disappointed. Of cource that is their perogative. What upset me most was that I felt I was led on by the recruiter and given encouragement when a neutral stance would have been the most professional way for the recruiter to handle this.

My advice is if you do get the chance to interview, they are hard to read, but I think once they iron out the new role and communicate with each other, it will be a great opportunity for someone who wants to work for a small group that's part of a large company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.