What's the company culture at InterContinental Hotels?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at InterContinental Hotels?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at InterContinental Hotels?

Reply - Report abuse

atl in Atlanta, Georgia

115 months ago

The culture is good and weird at the same time. The company is way heavy on directors and VP's. It's very political and internal promotions are difficult to find. If you play the politics you are likely to get promotions. If you call a spade a spade and don't sugar coat it you are likely to be passed over. The President of the Amercia's and his direct reports have the right vision the couple of levels below them do not.

Other culture - business casual. I've never seen a Friday get together. Jeans day once a month or so. Pay a donation to a company sponsored charity to wear jeans.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

CookieSauce in Belle Mead, New Jersey

114 months ago

I support ATL's comments. I have known at 3 people in 3 different departments that left ICH and they all say the same thing: it's very political and you have to be well liked by the right people and play the game.

Reply - Report abuse

kika in Atlanta, Georgia

95 months ago

I would agree with the comments above. The culture in the Atlanta corporate office is very political and it has gone from bad to worse. It all depends on being on good terms with the right people and playing the game. Actual work or dedication or whatever along those lines does not count.

The place is way heavy on VP and director level people. They have VPs reporting to each other! However, if they are to do any layoffs, it will be the actual workers who go.

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.