What's the company culture at Intermountain Healthcare?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Intermountain Healthcare?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Intermountain Healthcare?

Reply - Report abuse

Anon in Sandy, Utah

89 months ago

It is a good place to work--but not great. Lots of politics. And they work you very hard.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

ovid in Salt Lake City, Utah

69 months ago

Culture - YIKES! IHC has the WORST working environment in software development that I have ever seen! Many of the managers at the Lake Park Facility in West Valley are HORRIBLE! Micromanagement at its worst! Demeaning, humiliating and unprofessional treatment is the norm. IHC contracts much of its work to India so get used to working with Indian programmers who speak english (barely). Finally, some of the worst programming practices I have ever seen. No design patterns and uncommented spaghetti code everywhere. Terrible! The cube's are TINY! You can barely turn around in your chair inside the cube. No privacy. All in all - terrible place to work!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ovid in Salt Lake City, Utah

59 months ago

I can only speak to the IT culture ... and it is awful! I would certainly not work at the Lake Park facility but maybe some of the hospitals would be better. All in all, pretty much a sweat shop.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.