Admin/Candidate Experience

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

SDCA in San Diego, California

28 months ago

After researching the company/brand, employment at Intuit has become one of my top goals. A lot of positions will go to internal hires before they are shown to the general public, understandably. With that said, I never seem to see any administrative type positions posted on the Intuit job board. Is there another way to see these postings? What about the candidate experience team? I've had a few emails exchanged for TAC positions but they didn't bloom. Anyone having any luck?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Gail Houston in Plano, Texas

28 months ago

Thank you for your note. Many of our administrative positions do fill internally. When one does open we tend to have a lot of applicants as well. What I would recommend is that you begin to network with some of the employees in your area. That way they can turn you in as an employee referral if a role does open. Also, stay active on our Intuit Careers social sites...it will help a recruiter get to know you. When you do apply - be sure that your resume has the qualification keywords in it as well...that will help us match you faster to the role.

Take care and best of luck
Gail Houston - gail_houston@intuit.com @intuitcareers

SDCA in Lemon Grove, California

28 months ago

Will there be any career events in San Diego soon?

Periwinkle in Albuquerque, New Mexico

10 months ago

Advice from a former Intuit admin employee: Don't get too excited about working for Intuit. They bombard you with "we want you to be happy - we want you to have a good work/life balance - our employees are our number one asset" pitches in addition to training/testing presentations acted out by *highly polished* employees in elaborate videos. They romance you while stabbing you in the back. Once a year they ask employees to voluntarily rate them on a wide variety of work-related subjects ranging from company-wide issues drilled down to specific site/management issues, then use the survey results to get their name on the "Best Companies to Work For" lists in all the major business publications, job boards and media. Within a month of the resulting data being released they show ingenuous remorse for relocating/closing profitable sites and laying off employees--pretty crappy tactics to ensure they get their "best rated" status. They spend a fortune giving employees tokens of appreciation (sweat shirts, magnets, commuter beverage cups, etc.), providing cafes, gyms, game rooms, lounges, team-building events, etc. -- don't expect that appreciation to actually exist in your specific site/department. They present a showy facade but in actuality are pretty heartless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

uknowhat in Fredericksburg, Virginia

9 months ago

Periwinkle in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: Advice from a former Intuit admin employee: Don't get too excited about working for Intuit. They bombard you with "we want you to be happy - we want you to have a good work/life balance - our employees are our number one asset" pitches in addition to training/testing presentations acted out by *highly polished* employees in elaborate videos. They romance you while stabbing you in the back. Once a year they ask employees to voluntarily rate them on a wide variety of work-related subjects ranging from company-wide issues drilled down to specific site/management issues, then use the survey results to get their name on the "Best Companies to Work For" lists in all the major business publications, job boards and media. Within a month of the resulting data being released they show ingenuous remorse for relocating/closing profitable sites and laying off employees--pretty crappy tactics to ensure they get their "best rated" status. They spend a fortune giving employees tokens of appreciation (sweat shirts, magnets, commuter beverage cups, etc.), providing cafes, gyms, game rooms, lounges, team-building events , etc. -- don't expect that appreciation to actually exist in your specific site/department. They present a showy facade but in actuality are pretty heartless.

I agree 100% that working for Intuit is a "showy façade". I was hired on as a "seasonal" employee and have zero expectations the job will last the entire time I was told it would last. On the first day, employees who call themselves management spent a tremendous amount of time telling us "how great the company is" and tell seasonal workers to "think" they will be hired on permanently and how "great the benefits are". All smokescreens and mirrors. As for the customers, these are the rudest people I have ever encountered. Forced overtime makes for a less than desirable workplace. I could go on and on...I'm just saying there are better places to work,

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.