Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

chuang in San Diego, California

36 months ago

I want to buck the trend here and talk about an extremely positive interview process I had at Intuit in San Diego. I am a software engineer. The process started with me talking to an engineer during a phone screen. She was intelligent, professional, polite and made for some excellent conversations with me. She also asked smart questions and we had a great time chatting over the phone about various technologies.

About a week later, I was summoned on site for a in-person interview. The first thing that struck me was the trouble to which they went to in order to make my life easier. Before the interview, i was given a detailed itinerary of my entire day there, together with detailed directions on how to get to the site. This professional and detail-oriented approach gave me the impression that Intuit values me and my experience.

The interview process was painless and exciting. Engineers from the team took turns talking to me and I learned a lot by chatting with them. The technical questions that were asked focused on real-life scenarios and API usage rather than project-euler style toy problems. I was also treated to lunch in their excellent cafeteria. At the end of the day, I was given an offer. Although I had other great job offers from companies like Sony/Qualcomm, I accepted the Intuit job on the spot because of how impressed I was with the people that talked to me.

If you are an engineer applying to Intuit, just make sure you know your stuff and you will thoroughly enjoy the interview process like I did.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gail Houston in Plano, Texas

36 months ago

thank you so much for your positive comment. I know that recruiters, sourcers and coordinators work very hard to make interviewing a positive experience. Managers also try to prioritize interviewing around their workload as well...not always easy but we do try. It is so nice to hear about a great experience and so appreciated. Please be sure to follow Intuit on Facebook at www.facebook.com/intuitcareers and / or on twitter @intuitcareers

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at gail_houston@intuit.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.