Frustrating Interview Process

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Eric in Los Angeles, California

25 months ago

I had a phone interview with department manager to go over the position, the company and my background. Was told that they were very interested in me and that they would be getting back to me to schedule an in-person interview.

Over 4 months have gone by and this interview has yet to take place. I had been in weekly contact with the hiring manager, who assured me that they were still very interested in me but due to departmental changes they had been waiting to bring people in. They tried to make something happen at the end of 2011 but kept having to push back. Then again in the early part of 2012, again, they had to push it back.

The hiring manager was really good at getting back to emails to give me an update but it has now been over a month since I've had a return email. I assume that the position has been put on hold indefinitely.

At this point, I feel like I've been strung along far too long. Over 4 months between initial interview and the next step is unheard of and could easily translate to being unprofessional and incompetent.

I'm still interested in pursuing the position. However, I don't know what to think at this point because every time I do get in touch with them, I hear the same excuse. Either they have some real problems in this department or they aren't in a rush to fill the position and expect people to wait forever.

I've read some great reviews about Intuit as a place of employment, but if I had to base my opinion of the company on my interview process, I would have a very low opinion.

Hope they really are still interested in me and get their problems worked out because I'd really like to have the chance to finish the interview process. In the meantime, I'm moving on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gail Houston in Plano, Texas

24 months ago

Eric
Can you email me your resume and the position number - gail_houston@intuit.com. I will see if I can find out what is going on with this position.

Gail

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Eric

24 months ago

Thanks for your reply. I'm actually going to see if I can get the recruiter on the phone again. If I can't, I'll let you know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Gail Houston in Plano, Texas

24 months ago

Not a problem, I am here when you need me

Gail
gail_houston@intuit.com

@intuitcareers and @ghouston

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.