Love working w/ Quickbooks - W hat jobs should I consider?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

uclagrad2005 in Los Angeles, California

82 months ago

Hi,

I am a freelance bookkeeper that primarily uses Quickbooks on a daily basis. I am very proficient with the software and I often consult with other bookkeepers & accountants to help them with problems they are having with the program. Overall, I really enjoy showing people all that Quickbooks can do...which has led me to the thought of working for Intuit.

I have my BA in sociology & public policy in 2005 with honors. I have over 7 years of experience working as a freelance bookkeeper and as a staff accountant in a CPA firm.

I don't think I would enjoy strictly doing a telephone technical support job - what jobs should I consider?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Gail Houston in San Diego, California

82 months ago

Hi, my name is Gail Houston - I am a recruiter with Intuit and wanted to let you know that I have posed your question to our recruiting managers - based on your background the idea position was for our help desk - we hire Certified Tax Professionals(ie - CTG/ Personal Pro) that work both in Tucson and remotely all over the country - you would be helping walk people thru their taxes as they run into issues. The role can be done remotely which is attractive to a lot of people.

I know you mentioned that you did not think you wanted to do strictly telephone support so I am not sure if this will end up being of interest to you.

If you would like to apply, I would encourage you to look on line for these type of roles...if you can't find them for any reason send me a copy of your resume to gail_houston@intuit.com

garima in santa clara, California

82 months ago

Hi uclagrad2005 in Los Angeles, California

I want to learn quick books .Can you please guide me how I can learn it ? I currently have no knowlege of this software though I know intermediate accounting .please help me

uclagrad2005 in Los Angeles, California

82 months ago

garima in santa clara, California said: Hi uclagrad2005 in Los Angeles, California

I want to learn quick books .Can you please guide me how I can learn it ? I currently have no knowlege of this software though I know intermediate accounting .please help me

Hi, I think taking a class at a community college or other extension program would be good, but you also have to learn by actually keeping a set of books - its good to practice with your own finances. Keep in mind that Quickbooks is really easy to learn, easy to use, and really easy to screw up. If you are doing a set of books for a business that has some complicated stuff, its best to let a experienced bookkeeper set it up & check on things occasionally to make sure it is being done correctly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.