Recruiters at Intuit

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

bethd in Mountain View, California

64 months ago

I will echo the other posts here and say I had a negative interview process at Intuit. I had a phone screen with the HR person, that went fine, a phone screen with the manager. That went fine as well, but he didn't ask me any technical questions which I believe would have set expectations of what they are looking for and save us all a bunch of time. I was lend a long for two weeks and then brought in for a in-person interview.

The interview went fine, I knew I didn't pass the technical bar. Again back to the phone screen process. If they would have asked some technical questions then we would have both knew they where looking for someone with backend knowledge and I could have gone to the beach for a day.

I never heard back from Intuit after the interview. I knew I didn't get the job as soon as I left. But it is common courtesy is you let the person know. It was a huge waste of time and might be a sign that I might not enjoy working for a company who DOESN'T care about people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gail Houston in San Diego, California

64 months ago

Beth - I am so sorry that you did not have a positive interview experience. If you would like, you can send me an email to gail_houston@intuit.com and I can get you some feedback. I know it is our intention to try to provide a positive interview experience for every candidate. Sometimes mistakes are made and for that I hope you will accept our apology.

I wish you the best in your job search.

Gail

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jay Ramos in San Diego, California

62 months ago

Up until recently, I held Intuit in high regard. However, after a recent experience with a recruiter, I have a unfavorable feeling towards recruitment. The individual who sent me an email back was very unprofessional and didn't seem to care about me as an applicant. I understand that recruiters are bombarded with multiple resumes and emails a day but that doesn't excuse the response. If the purpose was for me to self-select out of the selection process, goal accomplished.

bethd in Mountain View, California said: I will echo the other posts here and say I had a negative interview process at Intuit. I had a phone screen with the HR person, that went fine, a phone screen with the manager. That went fine as well, but he didn't ask me any technical questions which I believe would have set expectations of what they are looking for and save us all a bunch of time. I was lend a long for two weeks and then brought in for a in-person interview.

The interview went fine, I knew I didn't pass the technical bar. Again back to the phone screen process. If they would have asked some technical questions then we would have both knew they where looking for someone with backend knowledge and I could have gone to the beach for a day.

I never heard back from Intuit after the interview. I knew I didn't get the job as soon as I left. But it is common courtesy is you let the person know. It was a huge waste of time and might be a sign that I might not enjoy working for a company who DOESN'T care about people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gail Houston in Tucson, Arizona

62 months ago

Jay - I am sorry you did not have a positive experience. I am here to try to help applicants resolve any issues they have. Would you be willing to contact me - gail_houston@intuit.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jen in San Jose, California

49 months ago

I also have had a negative experience with Intuit. I had a phone screen with an Intuit recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, which I thought, went well. At the end, the hiring manager said the recruiter would get back to me. That was about 4 weeks ago and the recruiter has not responded to any of my follow up emails. I honestly expected more from a company of Intuit's caliber.

Gail Houston in Washington, District of Columbia

49 months ago

Jen - I am sorry you did not have a good experience. If you will email me privately at gail_houston@intuit.com I will look up your information and get back with you. I know it is never our intent to ever leave an applicant without feedback.

Office Admin in La Mesa, California

48 months ago

I agree with the above comments. It would be in the company's best interest to respond when an applicant is not up to par. It seems that my application was passed on to a recruiter but I was also never contacted again after the initial email.

Gail Houston in Plano, Texas

48 months ago

Please let me know the position number you were interested in and I will try to find out the status. I know that it is never intentional that we do not follow up with a candidate in process. Unfortunately sometimes things slip thru the cracks. We will try to resolve asap.

Gail Houston - gail_houston@intuit.com

balloon63 in Sunnyvale, California

46 months ago

I have had a very very negative experience with Intuit. I had a phone screen with an Intuit recruiter followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager, which I thought, went well. At the end, the hiring manager said the recruiter would get back to me. That was about 2 weeks ago and the recruiter has not responded to any of my follow up emails nor messages that i have left. She was calling me back efficiently setting the thing up. But no no not now. I totally agree with what the others have to say about intuit.

46 months ago

Please email me at Gail_Houston@intuit.com. I will find out what is going on for you.

Gail

Harley Quinn in tucson, Arizona

46 months ago

Wow, I'm surprised to hear so many bad things about the hiring process. Other than a couple of minor issues, my interviews went smoothly

My recruiter was very nice and helped me get through the phone interview and assessments quickly. Another recruiter called me to set up my face to face interview and upon seeing the next opening was several weeks away she called the local office and found an open spot just in just two days instead of several weeks

My only issues were

1) The day before the interview the recruiter called me and asked me if I would mind changing my interview to 10 am (it was originally scheduled for 10:30 am)...I had no problem with this, but when I showed up all the interviewers were in a meeting so I had to wait 45 minutes. I had nothing else to do so it was not a big deal, but had I made plans based on that 10 am time it could have been a problem. When I mentioned it to the interviewer she said she had no idea why the recruiter changed it and the recruiter never contacted her about it

2) After my face to face interview it took a week to get the job offer- I found out it was because they were running my background check, so of course that's fine, but just an update to let me know would have been nice :)

But either way, I got the job offer, I start Aug 22nd and am super excited

46 months ago

Thank you for sharing a positive experience and welcome to Intuit. Be sure to join our Intuit employee and alumni group on linked in and we love to have employeesnjoin our Intuit Careers page on Facebook. Have fun!

bethd in Mountain View, California

46 months ago

Harley Quinn in tucson, Arizona said:

But either way, I got the job offer, I start Aug 22nd and am super excited

That is the point, if you get an offer of course the recruiters are going to keep in touch with you. If you don't pass the interview process you are blown off and not followed up with.

It has been many years since I interviewed there but I still have a very bad feeling about it. I don't mind that I didn't get the job, it all worked out in the end. But the recruiters aren't doing there jobs! Have the common courtesy to follow up with people who take the time out of there day to come in and talk with your team. I wouldn't want to work there if this is how they treat there employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Viv in Tucson, Arizona

44 months ago

Sorry about your experience. I can tell you from personal experiences that I was "unconsidered," for one position, however Gail has still been very positive and helpful in getting me information.

Prudhvi in Buffalo, New York

39 months ago

Hi Gail,
I had a phone screen with the recruiter and and an interview with the hiring manager on Feb 10. The interview went on pretty good. But, I never heard back from them. I mailed the recruiter too. But, there is no reply yet. Can you please help me out?

39 months ago

Of course I can, send me your resume, the position number if you still have it and any names you can remember and I will get back with you. Gail Houston - gail_houston@intuit.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.