Software Engineer Internship Position

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 59)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

coolrockers2007 in San Jose, California

55 months ago

Hi,

Yesterday I received an email from one of the hiring managers from Intuit and was told that there would be a phone screen during the next few days. I was also told to have a machine with internet connection available during my interview. Could any one please let me know as to how this process goes and what kind of questions I can expect? The hiring manager said that the interview will be conducted in 2 parts of Half hour each.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gail Houston in San Diego, California

55 months ago

Thanks for your question. Can you send me the position number so I can see which recruiter is handling this and be able to give you some additional insight - gail_houston@intuit.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

Helloo Houston

I got Software Engineer Intern Offer...i accepted the offer and now my question is how long does it take to generate offer letter .. ?

54 months ago

Congratulations on the offer...typically an offer can be turned around in 24 to 48 hours...sometimes there is a delay depending on who needs to sign it or if there are special considerations. Your recruiter should be able to give you specifics on when the letter should be to you. I hope you enjoy your experience with Intuit.

Gail Houston
gail_hosuton@intuit.com

Follow Intuit Careers on our Facebook Fan Page (www.facebook.com/intuitcareers) or join our Linked In Group - Intuit Careers. We are also on Twitter @intuitcareers

54 months ago

yeah actually i was asked if i was willing to relocate myself to Plano TX..am from california...so does this hav anythin to do with delaying the offer letter...i was informed on 23rd March about this relocation...

54 months ago

i hav accepted relocTing to plano,tx

54 months ago

Plano is a great place to live...I hope you enjoy it...please let us know how it all turns out.

Gail

54 months ago

yeah...ok...thanx for the information...but am worried because i didnt recieve the offer letter yet..

54 months ago

am really excited in joining Intuit...its my dream company of course...

54 months ago

I can check with the recruiter but you will have to email me your name and if you have it the position number so I can ask the right person - - gail_houston@intuit.com

54 months ago

yeah sure will send u email right away... :)

54 months ago

Great, once I have your name I can check for you...it will be tomorrow before I can respond since the folks are not working tonight - I will respond via your email address. Have a wonderful night

Gail Houston
gail_houston@intuit.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

54 months ago

yeah sure..thank you once again...email sent to u... hav a good night :)

cooldude2186 in Richardson, Texas

54 months ago

hey cool rockers how was the interview for the software engineering intern position?what all elements were covered in the interview..Can you please let me know as soon as possible because i have an interview on thursday..

thanx

trina dsouza in Boston, Massachusetts

54 months ago

Gail, I sent you an email regarding my status ? I am facing somewhat the same problem as CoolRockers. I am not yet sure about the location.

@Coolrockers2007 - Could you let me know once you get the offer letter ? Also it would be great if you can share about the HR who is coordinating with you ?

54 months ago

Hi Cooldude2186, The Interview is more on Data structures and programming. Some testing etc. Well its not that difficult if you can manage to speak out. The interviewer are kind enough to give you pointers whenever required ....

All the best and share the results.

54 months ago

hey guys i received my offer letter yesterday...

cooldude-- concentrate on basic datastructures...i was asked mostly from C++ and datastructures...be cool and interviewers are friendly jus be positive answer correctly...

good luck cooldude

54 months ago

Than You Gail u were really helpful...good job in social media...keep going.. :)

cooldude2186 in Richardson, Texas

54 months ago

u had a phone interview and a face to face interview also?

54 months ago

no ihad phone iterview and one of the interviews was through WebEx...i didnt hav onsite interview...

54 months ago

Coolrockers, Congratulations on your offer letter.....

Gail Houston in Tucson, Arizona

54 months ago

trina dsouza in Boston, Massachusetts said: Gail, I sent you an email regarding my status ? I am facing somewhat the same problem as CoolRockers. I am not yet sure about the location.

@Coolrockers2007 - Could you let me know once you get the offer letter ? Also it would be great if you can share about the HR who is coordinating with you ?

Trina - I don't see an email in my system from you? Not sure if it is coming from an different email address...can you please resend - gail_houston@intuit.com

54 months ago

Hi Gail,

Thank you for your reply. I resent you the email.

54 months ago

trina dsouza good luck to u too...Hope u get into Intuit

54 months ago

Coolrockers - Thank you ..... I hope i get thru ...
I was told i am recommended for hire but i have no concrete result yet.
I am little worried because i am told there are no positions left at waltham. So i have requested for Mt View. Actually my interview was taken during some common interview day and there was some interview panel who interviewed the candidates. I did not speak directly to any hiring manager then and not yet. I am told they wud get back to me this week. I am waiting for their call/email. I will keep you posted if there is any change in my status.

You have fun and enjoy your internship ....

54 months ago

I applied for same position in Waltham, MA ..

Irony is the same position is still available on the Intuit Career Website. But i am happy the recruiters are reaching out to me with some updates. I just hope to get with some result soon.

54 months ago

sometimes the positions show open until the person starts due to systems issues...recruiters have been trying to move them into private don't post once the person passes the background investigation - it doesn't happen all the time but they are trying so applicants don't get confused

54 months ago

I should agree with you, Gail. :)

Because earlier there were same positions at Mt View and San Diego and now they do not show up in search results.

54 months ago

cooldude2186 - How was your interview ? Did u get to talk to the hiring managers during your interview ?
Keep posted ....

54 months ago

Guys,

I have got the offer letter ....
Thanks for the help gail ...
:) :)

54 months ago

Congratulations - which location did you end up in?

Gail
gail_houston@intuit.com

54 months ago

I got it at Mountain View ....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

deadcoder in Austin, Texas

54 months ago

Hi trina dsouza & coolrockers2007...

congratulations!!!

I also had two phone interviews(30mins each, one was on webex) in the last Thursday and haven't received any response yet. Before the interview, recruited told me that they won't call me for an onsite-interview as I'm living quite far from Plano, TX. Could someone guess about my case? What should I expect? How long it took in your case to get the response after having phone interviews? I'm getting tensed :(

54 months ago

Hi Deadcoder,

In 2 rounds, I gave total 4 interview (2 each, one phone + one webex) in a weeks time .
1st round was on Monday. Thereafter, 2nd round on Friday.
I got their reply immediately where they mentioned that i have been recommended for hire.
All this happened in 7 business days. However, it took time for the offer letter as I had a location preference.

I think if you haven't got the reply yet, then you should email back to the recruiter and try to follow up. Also it would be great if you don't keep sending emails or call them everyday or many times during the day. If you think you did well, then i am sure they will get back for sure ...

I am sure you did very well and you are expecting positive result. Be patient and prepare for the 2nd round. It will be little tougher to the first one ...

I realized patience is the key .....

Hope this helps ...

All the best to you ....

--Trina

deadcoder in Austin, Texas

54 months ago

Hi Trina,
Thank you so much for the details information. It really helps me a lot.

[QUOTE]
I got their reply immediately where they mentioned that i have been recommended for hire.
All this happened in 7 business days.

that's really great... it looks like it went very fast in your case :D

[QUOTE]
I think if you haven't got the reply yet, then you should email back to the recruiter and try to follow up. Also it would be great if you don't keep sending emails or call them everyday or many times during the day. If you think you did well, then i am sure they will get back for sure ...

ya.. I'm still waiting for their response, will see 1/2 more days... I just sent an thank you email after my interviews

[QUOTE]
I am sure you did very well and you are expecting positive result. Be patient and prepare for the 2nd round. It will be little tougher to the first one ...

Ya... though there were lots of behavioral questions (I was expecting more technical questions), but I think I did well in the first two interviews. I'm hoping for the best...

thank you once again for your wishes :)

54 months ago

I can understand what your going through ....
Be positive ....
All the best ..

--Trina

54 months ago

@trina

Congratulations...hav a good time :)

54 months ago

Hi Deadcoder,

Any updates on your interview status ?

52 months ago

Our University Recruiters are talking - join the discussion on our new www.facebook.com/intuitcareers under the discussion tab. Check out the Early Career tab as well while you are there.

karan.thaker in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

47 months ago

Hello,

My name is Karan Thaker and I just received an email for a telephone interview at Intuit, Inc. regarding the Software Engineer Intern position. I applied a few days ago. The phone interview is on Wednesday Nov 3. It's a 1 hour interview with 2 interviewers (half an hour each).

Please advise on what kind of questions should I expect?

Thanks in advance!

47 months ago

Hi Karan
Thanks for your question. Every interview will have slightly different questions but you can typically expect a mix of technical questions and behavioral questions during an interview with Intuit. Behavioral will focus on specific experiences from your past and how you have handled those experiences. They may illicit a positive or a negative response...remember it is okay to talk about a negative situation, just show what you learned from it, changed for next time, etc. Be honest, relaxed and I am sure you will do fine.

Best of luck.

Gail Houston
gail_houston@intuit.com

karan.thaker in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

47 months ago

Thank you for your response Gail. I very much appreciate it.

47 months ago

Hi Karan,

Gail has given an idea on behavioural questions.
Besides that there would be questions on designs of a system. Some questions related to design.
For technical you will be asked some conceptual questions on processes, threads, programming languages, etc
Other technical interview would be mix of behavioural and technical. During this round the questions will be on Algorithms, Data Structures, testing, etc.....

I hope this helps .....

All the best and do well !

joseph_porter in Fremont, California

47 months ago

I had an intuit interview for a software position and was offered a job there recently.

This site helped me prepare:

www.programmerinterview.com/

karan.thaker in Voorhees, New Jersey

47 months ago

Thank you for the tips Trina and Joseph. OO programming design concepts is what I'm mainly focusing on. Do they make you write/analyze code in the interview? Or is it purely conceptual questions?

47 months ago

code will be in 2nd round ... I mean it wud be some other day .
I gave 4 interviews. 2 interviews in a day . but all were phone and one on phone and goto meeting

47 months ago

I see. I'm a little surprised they would have 4 interview rounds for an intern position.

47 months ago

Hi Karan,

How did it go ? Did you get any reply ?

--Trina

47 months ago

Hey,

It went well. I had 2 interviews one after the other and both were a mix of technical and behavioral questions. I haven't heard back yet. They said the next interview round (if any) will be with the hiring managers and that I should wait 1-2 weeks for a response. It's only been 2 days. Let's see what happens.

Thanks for checking back though :)

- Karan

A. Patil in Dallas, Texas

46 months ago

Hi,

Please let me know how long it would take to get the offer letter for Software engineer intern. I had received a phone call by the recruiter on 11/29 and I had been informed that I had been recommended by the interviewers and a hiring manager would contact me soon. I had also mentioned my location preferences in the same call. However, it has been a week and I haven't heard back from them or received a call from the hiring manager. I am a bit concerned with this.

-- A. Patil

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.