How to get a job at Intuit.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (36)

Host

Do you work at Intuit? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer Hasche in San Diego, California

94 months ago

Steve, I just came across your question on Indeed.com. If you are still interested in Intuit, you can email me or call me. I am a recruiting working on software engineering opportunities for the company, but can refer you to another internal recruiter if that is not your background.

jennifer_hasche@intuit.com
858-215-7176

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

kjsmith in Cincinnati, Ohio

94 months ago

Jennifer,
I have a background in Property Management and am interested in utilizing my experience in the software industry. I do not live in the Highland Hills area of Ohio. Does Intuit have telecommuting opportunities?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Gail Houston in San Diego, California

94 months ago

We have a number of opportunities for the IRES division outside of the Highland Hills location. If you have experience with our MRI software you could be considered for a remote tech support position. If you have implementation or training experience in real estate software then you could be considered for those roles - please send resumes to gail_houston@intuit.com for positions with our real estate software division.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gail Houston in Plano, Texas

93 months ago

I have sent your comment to our team that works on the candidate experience...we will look into what happened and try to correct the situation so another candidate does not have a negative experience. If you would like to contact me off line please feel free to do so.

gail_houston@intuit.com

greg in Palmdale, California

93 months ago

Gail, I am going to go through the role playing with Intuit. Maybe the person above seemed to feel a little vulnerable. What can one expect from the role playing. I can get passed the rude behavior. Is the role playing alot like the online situation?

Thanks.

gail_houston@intuit.com

93 months ago

Thank you for your reply - we have been rolling out a new series of assessments and they are working out some of the bugs based on the response above.

We want your interview experience here to be positive but we also want to make sure that you understand the role so they do the role plays to give you some "real world" examples of what you may encounter and then look at how you respond to those situations.

That would mean that you might be dealing with a confused customer to an upset customer but I think they are all situations you could handle...whether it is online or live, they are looking for your customer service skills, your ability to help confused or difficult customers...

I wish you the best in your interview - let me know how it goes

Gail Houston
gail_houston@intuit.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

dandrewj in Texarkana, Texas

93 months ago

greg in Palmdale, California said: Gail, I am going to go through the role playing with Intuit. Maybe the person above seemed to feel a little vulnerable. What can one expect from the role playing. I can get passed the rude behavior. Is the role playing alot like the online situation?

Thanks.

gail_houston@intuit.com

I was not feeling insecure. Someone being rude to hide their incompetence is asinine and symptomatic of the overall culture.
You can get passed working in toxic environment, be my guest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

dandrewj in Texarkana, Texas

93 months ago

Gail Houston in San Diego, California said: Thank you for your reply - we have been rolling out a new series of assessments and they are working out some of the bugs based on the response above.

We want your interview experience here to be positive but we also want to make sure that you understand the role so they do the role plays to give you some "real world" examples of what you may encounter and then look at how you respond to those situations.

That would mean that you might be dealing with a confused customer to an upset customer but I think they are all situations you could handle...whether it is online or live, they are looking for your customer service skills, your ability to help confused or difficult customers...

I wish you the best in your interview - let me know how it goes

Gail Houston
gail_hoisuston@intuit.com

If a customer asks questions that are 100% unaswerable based on all information available, with someones first day on the job with no training or specific experience and then gets irate and unreasonable because there is NO WAY that you can asnwer his question - then I suppose that the role play is "real world".

Why is Intuit asking questions that they know the person CAN NOT answer at all and then "pretend" yelling at the person because they can't answer ?

That's a very wierd sadistic way to test someone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

93 months ago

This is not the area I recruit for so I have not seen the assessments but it was my understanding these are either general accounting / tax questions or general technical support questions a person should be able to answer based on the experience level we are requiring for the role.

I also think that any time you are in a customer support role you will have customers that yell at you, it is unfortunate but it is the nature of the role...if there is a role play where someone is yelling or mad, a company would typically be looking for how you as a customer service agent diffuse the situation not necessarily whether or not you could answer the technical or the accounting question.

greg in Palmdale, California

93 months ago

dandrewj in Texarkana, Texas said: I was not feeling insecure. Someone being rude to hide their incompetence is asinine and symptomatic of the overall culture.
You can get passed working in toxic environment, be my guest.

Sorry about that, I didn't mean for that reply to sound insulting... It's just what I was thinking at the time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

g in Palmdale, California

93 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Intuit? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

You have to get past the role play which is pretty easy... you will be taking simulated live customer calls and have to answer them. You will be provided with info to look at, while you're on the call.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

gtw in Lancaster, California

93 months ago

Gail, I have made it through role playing, AND the first round of interviews, at Innovative Merchant Solutions. The interview I had, was behavioral oriented, meaning it had alot of questions on, 'What would you do if...", when I got my call back, the recruiter didn't specify whether I had another interview, although the Lead I interviewed with the first time, said the next step involved another interview. I plan to go with what he said, and prepare for a second interview. Would you happen to have an information on the second interview? in terms of what to expect? It would be greatly appreciated.

93 months ago

I am not sure what happens in the second round on these needs, let me check...can you email me directly (gail_houston@intuit.com), if you know the position number that would be great

gtw

92 months ago

There was no second round of interviews in my case. I interviewed with two different people, one after the other.

Gail Houston in San Diego, California said: I am not sure what happens in the second round on these needs, let me check...can you email me directly (gail_houston@intuit.com), if you know the position number that would be great

inbetweenjobs in Los Angeles, California

60 months ago

Gail Houston in San Diego, California said: I am not sure what happens in the second round on these needs, let me check...can you email me directly (gail_houston@intuit.com), if you know the position number that would be great

Hi Gail,

I'm a salesperson who would be interested in representing Intuit. I'm a product user, but I noticed your salespeople is required to have accounting background. Understandable . .. but I would be interested in a support position, where I could learn more and prove myself to be promoted. I applied to several position on your site, but I have not heard back.

I have say I am impress that you are monitoring the site . . .

60 months ago

Thanks Inbetweenjobs for your note.

We hire a variety of different type of sales roles here at Intuit - right now there is a heavy focus on hiring sales with experience in the mobile arena.

It has been a while since I have recruited a support position for Intuit but I am happy to send your resume to one of our CCR recruiters to review. Our support people typically have two types of backgrounds here at Intuit - financial/accounting/tax related or technical. We have some positions that are year round but we also hire what we call "seasonal". This is where you work for part of the year on a full time basis (includes benefits) and support the increased volume of calls during tax season. If you enjoy the work and did a good job you are typically able to come back each year.

Intuit Careers also recently redesigned our Facebook fan page. We are going to have employees participating in live video chats where they will be able to talk to you about what it is like to be an employee of Intuit in various positions including the support arena (CCR). The chats should begin in August this year so stay tuned for more details. I will be sure to announce on the Indeed forums as well. You can check the page by going to www.facebook.com/intuitcareers. Our recruiters are on the page talking about the different type of positions they hire for either on the wall or under the discussion tab in the drop down box.

Send me your resume along with the position number to gail_houston@intuit.com

Ashley in Manchester, New Hampshire

60 months ago

Hi Gail,

I've been reading through your helpful comments to other prospective or current Intuit employees. It is great that you're engaging with us on Indeed.

I am an experienced market analyst and I am very interested in the Corporate Strategy & Development Associate job that looks to be currently available on Intuit's website. However, the job has been posted for some time, so I was wondering if you had insight into whether this job was still open or is in the process of being filled. Do you know who the hiring manager is for the position? I'd love to direct my application properly.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice!

Ashley

60 months ago

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for your interest! My name is Jennifer Hasche and I am a recruiter with Intuit as well. I did a search and cannot find the specific job opening you are referencing. There is a five digit job ID number associated with each opening. Can you email that to me at jennifer_hasche@intuit.com along with your resume and I will get it to the appropriate recruiter?

Thanks,
Jennifer

Viv in Tucson, Arizona

46 months ago

I've gone through the Intuit website, applied for a local position and was really impressed with the materials on the site. The depth of information on job growth, learning and the culture at Intuit are very exciting.

Would someone be willing provide their experience of the company values (integrity, customer focus, responsibility) and their experience with the company?

If Intuit is all it's cracked up to be--i.e. really great company rankings and incredible leadership--I'd love to get my foot in the door to contribute my analytical and creative skills to the company!

Regards,

Viv

Harley Quinn in tucson, Arizona

46 months ago

Hi Viv-

I just thought I'd throw my opinion out here. I started working at the Tucson location about a month ago. So far my experience has been nothing short of fantastic. Amazing co-workers who really want to help you learn (and not just within the Tucson site- company wide people are great- every time I call another dept people are cheerful and helpful), a great atmosphere and amazing benefits. I've worked at a lot of different call centers and this one is in a class of it's own.

Intuit lives and breathes it's values. You hear about them constantly and are continuously challenged to see if your interactions with the customers are a reflection of what the brand believes in.

1) Integrity without compromise
this has been one of the most transparent companies I have ever worked for- the CEO brad smith was just in town for a conference, it was an hour long with two sessions and everyone was required to attend one session on the clock, Brad spent 15 minutes talking and left 45 minutes for us to ask him ANY questions we had

2) Delight the customers
I don't know if you've ever worked at another call center, most people in tucson have. Usually you have ridiculous call metrics you have to meet which end up severely hurting the customer service customers receive. After all, do you really do your best on a four minute call? I have yet to hear any talk of AHT here, the only thing we were told is "don't turn a 10 minute call into an hour long call and don't turn an hour long call into a 10 minute call"....basically it takes what it takes and as long as your are doing your best for the customer your supervisor will be happy

3) It's the people
From the day you start working you are told to "bring your whole self to work"...everyone has their quirks, strengths and weaknesses. Intuit encourages you to show 100% of who you are

4)Innovate & improve
Intuit has internal resources where anyone can submit ideas- they know the best ideas can come from not only de

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

Hi Viv-

I just thought I'd throw my opinion out here. I started working at the Tucson location about a month ago. So far my experience has been nothing short of fantastic. Amazing co-workers who really want to help you learn (and not just within the Tucson site- company wide people are great- every time I call another dept people are cheerful and helpful), a great atmosphere and amazing benefits. I've worked at a lot of different call centers and this one is in a class of it's own.

Intuit lives and breathes it's values. You hear about them constantly and are continuously challenged to see if your interactions with the customers are a reflection of what the brand believes in.

1) Integrity without compromise
this has been one of the most transparent companies I have ever worked for- the CEO brad smith was just in town for a conference, it was an hour long with two sessions and everyone was required to attend one session on the clock, Brad spent 15 minutes talking and left 45 minutes for us to ask him ANY questions we had

2) Delight the customers
I don't know if you've ever worked at another call center, most people in tucson have. Usually you have ridiculous call metrics you have to meet which end up severely hurting the customer service customers receive. After all, do you really do your best on a four minute call? I have yet to hear any talk of AHT here, the only thing we were told is "don't turn a 10 minute call into an hour long call and don't turn an hour long call into a 10 minute call"....basically it takes what it takes and as long as your are doing your best for the customer your supervisor will be happy

3) It's the people
From the day you start working you are told to "bring your whole self to work"...everyone has their quirks, strengths and weaknesses. Intuit encourages you to show 100% of who you are

***cont***

46 months ago

***coninued from above***

4)Innovate & improve
Intuit has internal resources where anyone can submit ideas- they know the best ideas can come from not only design experts but from the front lines

5) Own the outcome
Everyone takes their personal responsibility to their customers seriously. This kind of falls back to "delight the customer"- but we do whatever we can for each and every customer- even if that means getting a lead or supervisor involved to help you get things done

6) We care and give back
Intuit doesn't just put out some recycle bins and then claim they've done their part. They encourage their employees to be active members of the community

These are just my thoughts as a new employee. I'm still learning every day but I am excited and proud to be a part of intuit :)

46 months ago

Oooops sorry for the double post of the first half- I wish there was a way to delete a post :(

Viv in Tucson, Arizona

46 months ago

Harley Quinn in Tucson, Arizona said: ***continued from above***

These are just my thoughts as a new employee. I'm still learning every day but I am excited and proud to be a part of intuit :)

Harley--

Thank you for the great feedback. I had seen the values you mention and its good to hear the company "walks the talk." That Brad Smith is brave/confident enough to open himself to any questions is likely the sign of a fantastic, open leader.

If you have any additional advice on what you thought was particularly helpful in getting the interview and going through the process of being hired, I would greatly appreciate it.

Again, thank you.

-V

P.S. Also-Great log in name.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

mandarggaonkar in Boston, Massachusetts

32 months ago

Hi Jennifer,
I am very enthusiastic about the 'Software Engineering Co-op' position after knowing the job responsibilities that is mentioned on the website.I believe that my technical skills, analysis experience, business sensibilities, prior work experience and interest would serve well in this position.I have mailed you my resume along with the job number.

Thanks
Mandy

Erin in Los Angeles, California

29 months ago

I'm a sales trainer looking at open positions, anyone familiar with the actual level of experience required for a Learning Facilitator? It seems like a great fit an I'm interested in that position and similar with other divisions of the organization. My background is operations, sales, and now sales training working with clients in the local business (small, big, agency) space.

28 months ago

Hi Erin, thanks for the question. If you send me the job ID number associated with the opening, I can follow up with you regarding level of experience. You can also email me directly at jennifer_hasche@intuit.com.

Thanks,
Jennifer

Noor Jameel in San Diego, California

27 months ago

I was interviewed on the 19th of February for a UX/Visual Designer position at the Intuit in San Diego. The interview went extremely well and I felt very positive that I got the job. However, its been a month now and I am still waiting to hear back! I emailed the person that interviewed me and he said " I am interviewing candidates for other positions, as soon as I wrap this up I will get back to you." I am very worried because the position is no longer on Indeed.com. Should I email him again? or will that sound too desperate? Any tip, help, or advice will be highly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Noor

27 months ago

Hi Noor,
I am checking for you and will get you the update via private email - gail_houston@intuit.com

Noor Jameel in San Diego, California

27 months ago

Thank you Gail.

Coordinator in La Jolla, California

26 months ago

What positions are available for Administrative/Coordinator types? Is there a certain time frame we should be looking at to send resumes for these types of positions? A certain person to send them to directly?

26 months ago

We hire administrative assistants and different type of coordinators in the product areas. All of our roles are open on jobs.intuit.com. There is not a certain time of year when they are available. It depends on where the business is growing at the time and if someone has been promoted or moved on. You can set up alerts in the system to notify you when jobs in your area come available.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Gail Houston - gail_houston@intuit.com

Nori in San Francisco, California

26 months ago

I recently just applied for a position that opened up a few days ago and I just received a rejection notice on the career site of intuit. While I'm sure I meet the qualifications, is there anyway to get feedback so that I will know what to improve on in the future?

Pulikkal88 in New York, New York

14 months ago

Hello Jennifer/ Gail,

I am happy to see how actively you are involved in helping job seekers like us with our hunt.I have 4+ experience in account/project management, sales and support currently working with a Healthcare IT solutions firm. I been trying to get an interview with Intuit but no response yet.

Please, advise if you can help me here to push my resume forward for a response.

Thank you and appreciate your help.

14 months ago

Thank you so much for reaching out. You can always see the status of each position you applied for on the My Jobs Tab. Each role will typically have a set of requirements that is needed so it is difficult for me to give you an exact reason you haven't heard from anyone in a general forum. If you want to email your resume to me along with a position or two that you thought was a match, I can take a look and see if I can get you some more definitive feedback. Sometimes it is not a matter that a person did not meet the requirements, it just might be that other candidates have a little bit more experience, experience from a competitor, etc.

Hope that helps. Have a great day

Gail Houston - gail_houston@intuit.com

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.