How to get a job at inVentiv Communications.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (19)

Host

Do you work at inVentiv Communications? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Chris Brown in Irving, Texas

95 months ago

Some important advice for anyone trying to get into the inVentiv Communications Irving (Dallas, TX) office. DON'T! If you are inteligent and have self-respect DON'T even consider working for inVentiv Communications in the Irving (DALLAS, TX) office. There are only 50 employees at this office but they have had over 80% staff turnover since January 2005. Most people are fired, "laid-off" or are forced to leave. I finally told them what they could do with their job in April 07....it was an exhilarating feeling! The company president is an egotistical moron who surrounds himself with brown-nosers who blame all of their mistakes on other people. Once the mistakes are discovered, the brown-nosers keep their jobs and some other unsuspecting employee is fired. Since I quit in April 7 people have been fired and 5 more have left voluntarily. That's 12 people out of 50, gone in only 5 months! If you are a glutton for punishment and enjoy 80-hour work weeks, low pay, back-stabbing co-workers, zero recognition and the constant fear of receiving a pink slip, this is definitely the place for you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Crystal in Irving, Texas

95 months ago

Chris Brown in Irving, Texas said: Some important advice for anyone trying to get into the inVentiv Communications Irving (Dallas, TX) office. DON'T! If you are inteligent and have self-respect DON'T even consider working for inVentiv Communications in the Irving (DALLAS, TX) office. There are only 50 employees at this office but they have had over 80% staff turnover since January 2005. Most people are fired, "laid-off" or are forced to leave. I finally told them what they could do with their job in April 07....it was an exhilarating feeling! The company president is an egotistical moron who surrounds himself with brown-nosers who blame all of their mistakes on other people. Once the mistakes are discovered, the brown-nosers keep their jobs and some other unsuspecting employee is fired. Since I quit in April 7 people have been fired and 5 more have left voluntarily. That's 12 people out of 50, gone in only 5 months! If you are a glutton for punishment and enjoy 80-hour work weeks, low pay, back-stabbing co-workers, zero recognition and the constant fear of receiving a pink slip, this is definitely the place for you!

I have to agree. I worked for the company for almost 7 years. My motivation was the constant reminder that my department took up too much valuable space that we didn't deserve. The new president has managed to make this fast paced team oriented office the most depressing back stabbing places I've ever seen - including the dramas on TV! What I had hoped would be a company I could retire with turned into the most depressing places I've never been happier to leave. Keep looking folks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

TNTechie in Carrollton, Texas

95 months ago

Everything they said is true. The best thing that ever happened to me was being "fired" from this place. No sour grapes - I didn't see how bad it was till I got out. The president and executive team are as dumb as a box of rocks. This ocmpany is going nowhere but down...it make take awhile for thier big clients to find out but when they do they will drop them like a hot potato.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

lashonas in Fort Worth, Texas

93 months ago

Should I tell my friend about this place? She interviewed last week and was called back today; she lives in Fort Worth and will commute until she decides to move closer. She will be leaving a secure company, but there is no room for growth for her. Sounds like this is a too good to be true job. I had one of those - dream job turned into something worst than a Nightmare on Elm Street; now the company and all three owners are facing federal time. Is G.Trebert anywhere in your company :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

AnonymousOne in Irving, Texas

93 months ago

Yes, if she's a real friend! If she's not, don't say anything. I've worked here for 4 years. 3 years ago it was a good place to work but now the Management team is a joke. Your friend won't go anywhere except down. If she is looking for a secure place, this defnitely isn't it. Employee turnover is 85%. I'm lucky, I've got another job so I'm out of here jan 2, 08. Why have I stayed so long? Its like a bad relationship, you keep hoping it will get better....it doesn't! You said, "Sounds like this is a too good to be true job." You're right! Whenever something sounds too good to be true, it ALWAYS is! I wouldn't wish working at this company on my enemy. What position did your friend apply for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Happytobegone~ in Irving, Texas

93 months ago

Tell her to run - not walk - away from that place. No matter which job she applied for. I worked there a few years and knew it was deprssing, but did realze just HOW depressing until I got away. Mind you it was hard to leave the insurance/401k and vacation - but I haven't been this happy for years! Another ex-coworker told me she wouln't be surprised if most of the folks there were taking precriptions just to get through the day. I know I was close to and do know several employees that do!
Don't wish inVentiv on your worst enemy!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

lashonas in Fort Worth, Texas

93 months ago

She was interviewed for the Traffic Coordinator. I will make sure to let her know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Hellhole in Addison, Texas

93 months ago

This place is so bad that our management is paying big bucks to employees to recruit new employees. If I turn in a resume and the company hires the person, I get $1000. If that person stays worknig here for 6 months, I get $5000. Problem is, no body lasts 6 months. If I really dislike somebody I'd tell them to send in their resume. Only the favorite people in this company are getting the money, management doesn't hire anyone except the referals from the favorite people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

STAYFARAWAY in Plano, Texas

93 months ago

At one time I applied for the traffic coordinator job as well. Just weeks after I take the job they change my job from traffic coordinator to admin. So instead of doing the non-admin job I had been hired on to do, now all of a sudden I am doing travel and expenses for some guy who stares my chest when he talks to me. In the short time I worked with the company I had seen more people come and go. There were few people you could trust and the ones you could trust were fired.
This company is something out of a very bad dream, where they tap your phones and read your email. No one is ever safe, unless of course you are a part of the all boys club known as the exectutive team.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Katty Pepermans in Grand Prairie, TX 75054, Texas

92 months ago

Folks, is it really that bad? I have worked in different environments both in Europe and the US but it just surprises me that although they seem to be able to attract accomplished and qualified employees (see above), nobody seem to be able to change the situation there...
By the way: I am interested in the Meeting Coordinator position for which I am no doubt overqualified but meetings and events are my passion so I really would like to continue do something that I am passionate about. Anybody knows of any good Event Planner or Sr. Event Marketing Manager job?
Katty

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Katie McCarthy in Irving, Texas

92 months ago

Katty,

I am new to this site but wanted to get back to you. I am the Director of Meeting and Events in the Irving office and would be glad to review your resume. Please feel free to email me at kmccarthy@thecbce.com.

Talk to you soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

UrJustBitter in Bittersville, Texas

92 months ago

I work for this company and have had nothing but positive experiences. I think a bunch of the people that are posting on this site are just bitter about the fact that they were cut loose. Make no mistake, this company has high standards for work ethic and respect for others. If you don't have these qualities (like the bitter hens posting here), don't bother applying... you won't fit in and will become a bitter blogger in your free time!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

UrJustBitter in Bittersville, Texas

92 months ago

Chris Brown in Irving, Texas said: Some important advice for anyone trying to get into the inVentiv Communications Irving (Dallas, TX) office. DON'T! If you are inteligent and have self-respect DON'T even consider working for inVentiv Communications in the Irving (DALLAS, TX) office. There are only 50 employees at this office but they have had over 80% staff turnover since January 2005. Most people are fired, "laid-off" or are forced to leave. I finally told them what they could do with their job in April 07....it was an exhilarating feeling! The company president is an egotistical moron who surrounds himself with brown-nosers who blame all of their mistakes on other people. Once the mistakes are discovered, the brown-nosers keep their jobs and some other unsuspecting employee is fired. Since I quit in April 7 people have been fired and 5 more have left voluntarily. That's 12 people out of 50, gone in only 5 months! If you are a glutton for punishment and enjoy 80-hour work weeks, low pay, back-stabbing co-workers, zero recognition and the constant fear of receiving a pink slip, this is definitely the place for you!

I work for this company and have had nothing but positive experiences. I think a bunch of the people that are posting on this site are just bitter about the fact that they were cut loose. Make no mistake, this company has high standards for work ethic and respect for others. If you don't have these qualities (like the others posting here), don't bother applying…. you won't fit in and will become a bitter blogger in your free time!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

2sides 2everystory in Dallas, Texas

92 months ago

Wow. The depths people will sink to to make themselves feel better. As an employee of the company, I can honestly say that I don't recognize anything as truth in the bitter, vengeful posts above. I did work with the people and it doesn't surprise me that they'd resort to this. They are petty, unhappy people.

For me, it's a great place to work. Lots of teamwork, all sorts of challenges and some of the smartest and most passionate people I've ever worked with. If you're looking for a high-energy, high-reward type of environment, you should take a look. If you're into whining, complaining, blaming others for your shortcomings, then it's definitely not a place for you.

More than anything, don't ever let an internet site forum be your source of information for a potential career decision. You owe yourself more than that. Check things out for yourself. Remember, there are always two sides to every story.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mchambers262 in Pell Lake, Wisconsin

70 months ago

Katty: What ever happened? Did you get that Event Manager job? I am hoping to break into the field myself, so was just hoping to hear that something worked out for someone in this treacherous economy. - Mary

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Katty Pepermans in Grand Prairie, TX 75054, Texas

70 months ago

I actually did get the Meeting Planner position at inVentiv Communications in February of 2008 but left the company after 2 months when I was offered the Account Manager, Corporate Events position @ Freeman Corporate Accounts at their Dallas Headquarters. I have been there ever since.

I was hired thru this forum actually - see posting by Katie McCarthy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Will in Dallas, Texas

45 months ago

Katty Pepermans in Grand Prairie, TX 75054, Texas said: I actually did get the Meeting Planner position at inVentiv Communications in February of 2008 but left the company after 2 months when I was offered the Account Manager, Corporate Events position @ Freeman Corporate Accounts at their Dallas Headquarters. I have been there ever since.

I was hired thru this forum actually - see posting by Katie McCarthy.

I just applied for a position at inVentiv:( then I saw this thread. Are you still at Freeman? Do you have any suggestions into getting in?

Will in Dallas, Texas

45 months ago

I just applied for a position at inVentiv:( then I saw this thread. Are you still at Freeman? Do you have any suggestions into getting in?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.