What's the company culture at iqpc?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at iqpc?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at iqpc?

Reply - Report abuse

B005 in New York, New York

80 months ago

A word of advice:

This company is a revolving door, and a miserable place to work. Not a single person I worked with when I was there is still with the company. Most quit, some were fired. Almost no one stayed for more than a year. I got in an argument with my supervisor and the managing director and resigned.

Management stokes intra-office competition into a fury to motivate performance, but the unintended result, due to a lot of flawed products, is that they burn employees out quickly and create tension between coworkers. When I worked there, an employee was actually assaulted and hospitalized by a sales manager who'd been fired the same day (I swear this is true!). No one ever spent time socializing after work unless it was at a mandatory company event.

The managing director is the angry, insecure son of the owner and a deeply unlikable person. He makes himself unapproachable and is combatively unreceptive to agent feedback. He and the older generation of partners are raquet-club Republicans, so don't expect to initiate open, friendly dialogue about current news and events on office time if you mean to preserve your good standing.

What they call 'research' is a euphemism for hundreds of repetitive, scripted cold-calls to beg busy executives at real companies to help you organize a very expensive show-and-tell for no compensation.

These people are corporate pests with a major chip on their shoulder. Save yourself a bad experience. Speaking from experience, you can do much better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Jay in New Rochelle, New York

48 months ago

The 1st red flag I saw was trying to find an employee who had worked there for over a year. I found that only a small percentage last over a year at IQPC. In fact, if you last a year you are given a fruit basket. I have never seen a company celebrate the fact that you where able to keep your job for a year. Working at IQPC is like playing survivor. If you’re lucky enough to be put on a good event you will survive, if not your will be discarded like a used candy wrapper.

The 2nd red flag I came across was that you had to generate your own sales leads. A fact they do not tell you during your interview. Generating your own leads for cold calling took at least 8 to 10 hours of my weekend. Time away from my family that I became very resentful of.

The 3rd red flag: You are micro managed. Your phone has a timer on it. You are constantly being monitored to make sure you are working on mostly inane conferences. Management likes to run up and down the corridor yelling "who's excited!" While you’re on the phone.

The 4th red flag: The bar/quota is set so high that its almost impossible to hit or maintain.

You realize very quickly that only 1% of the people they hire are going to last over a year and that it’s mostly luck to get put on good projects. The others will get put on awful projects and will be blamed for their failure.

It’s a silly place to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.