Itw Interview Questions.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Itw?

Any advice on striking the right note?

Reply - Report abuse

Nik Fisher in South Carolina

15 months ago

each ITW company is totally different from any other. In general, top management tends to be weak. Most top managers at ITW have never worked anywhere else, having spent decades at just one small business unit in manufacturing. That tells you everything you need to know. Expectations tend to be therefore be limited to their internal experience. Read up on all the mindless ITW buzzwords 80/20 etc ... Expect to be underwhelmed by those who interview you. Unimpressive leadership, overall.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

wstapes in Mönchengladbach, Germany

15 months ago

I'm not sure where other respondents get their information. I, for my part, spent 5 years working for the company.
STRONG management, especially at the top, born out by the consistent results the company has achieved over 3+ decades. That also speaks volumes for the strategy and the "buzz words", and ITW's ability to execute on them. The fact that management are long serving, and good continuity planning, would be viewed by many as a plus and positive.
That said, given the historic decentralization that existed, it is true that there can be substantial differences in HR approach between business units.
Also, ITW is in the midst of changing tack strategically (see their website). This will affect all the afore said.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.