Background Checks, DUIs and Employment

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

gecon1 in Illinois

91 months ago

I recently applied for a Personal Banking Position with Chase. The recruiter called me asked if I have ever been finger printed. I told her yes because I got a DUI about 6 months ago. She told me that I should go ahead and continue with the hiring process (drug testing, finger prints, initial paperwork, etc) but will this conviction prevent me from getting the job?

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

yazman in Los Angeles, California

88 months ago

yes

Reply - Report abuse

dlee in San Rafael, California

74 months ago

What if it was 25 year's ago?

Reply - Report abuse

Sample1 in Charleston, West Virginia

55 months ago

Did u finally get a job with Chase after the background check?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Sample1 in Charleston, West Virginia

55 months ago

??

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

intern4 in Newark, New Jersey

39 months ago

dlee in San Rafael, California said: What if it was 25 year's ago?

Did you get it?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

phxworkplace in Phoenix, Arizona

39 months ago

trust me keep looking

Reply - Report abuse

thrill in Chicago, Illinois

8 months ago

I got a dui a year ago. I passed my fingerprinting. I'm in a 3 year leadership development rotating role with jp morgan chase. As long as you have completed all obligations to the court you should be alright. Each case is different though. You'll need to submit your Court disposition. I had mine set aside a little after I was hired just so i could say I wasn't guilty of it anymore(it was in Arizona), but it will still come up on FBI records even if you have yours dismissed. I was also pretty nervous though when they asked for the disposition, I had thought it disqualified me. and didn't see anyone on here saying they got in. Truth of the matter is, if your qualifications are good enough that they want you, they'll hire you. Shoot Doug Parker is the CEO of American Airlines he has got 3 DUI's. He also only spent 1 day in jail under the corrupt system of sheriff joe arpaio...

Reply - Report abuse

B.B in Tucson, Arizona

8 months ago

Ok so im pretty much almost done with the process with J.P. Morgan for bank teller position but I have to do the fingerprint part I'm really nervous because my only charge I had got in my whole 24years of life was a shoplifting charge when I just had turn 18 I was never arrested and taken into jail but I did have to do community service and pay a fine! When I look myself I see that it says court dissmed next to my shoplifting charge and I can't get it expunged because AZ doesn't allow that!! My question is will this prevent me from getting the job I'm very stressed out!!!!!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.