Background Checks w/Chase Bank

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

George Tristll in Houston, Texas

70 months ago

Hi,

I am completing paperwork for a position with Chase bank. One of the questions is about being convicted of a theft. I was convicted 15 years ago of a class c misdeamener theft for $0 - $20.00. Though I have tried to get this expunged, sealed, and set aside I cannot seem to do so in Texas becouse of the conviction. So my question is this, do I have any chance at all of being hired in an administrative position, not in the bank, with this on my record. It is the only thing on it and it was a small amount 15 years ago. Is it the banks policy becouse of the FDIC or is there any leaway for the hiring managers to decide to go ahead and give me the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Jaewashere in Purdys, New York

36 months ago

George Tristll in Houston, Texas said: Hi,

I am completing paperwork for a position with Chase bank. One of the questions is about being convicted of a theft. I was convicted 15 years ago of a class c misdeamener theft for $0 - $20.00. Though I have tried to get this expunged, sealed, and set aside I cannot seem to do so in Texas becouse of the conviction. So my question is this, do I have any chance at all of being hired in an administrative position, not in the bank, with this on my record. It is the only thing on it and it was a small amount 15 years ago. Is it the banks policy becouse of the FDIC or is there any leaway for the hiring managers to decide to go ahead and give me the job?

Did you ever get hired? I am in the same boat. I wrote a bad check back in 1992 and got 2 yr probation for it, but as Chase did my background check it popped up and I have no idea what my fate will be. I called them and they asked me if that was really me and thats all they wanted to know. The case file was destroyed back in 2003. After that I was told they will continue to review and let me know of the decision.Please email me if you can with what happened to you, brownsfan99@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.