Culture of Chase Paymentech in Tempe AZ?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Jandi in Phoenix, Arizona

64 months ago

I am going to be interviewed for a position as a proactive sales rep for the credit card (Paymentech) division in Tempe. I've seen quite a few negative posts here about the cuture at JPMC, but I'm wondering if that applies to the credit card division as well as the branch positions being discussed. The credit card position as described involves dealing with company leads as well as finding additional leads - it doesn't sound that difficult and I love selling on the phone. Is this a good place to be? Thanks for any info.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

zzp in ORANGE COUNTY, CA, California

63 months ago

CHASE IS A COMPMAY FOR ROBOTS NOT LEADERS. STAY AWAY IF YOU WANT A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN PROGRESS AND LEAD OTHERS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

A Company that Micro manages with layer upon layer of Managers that know nothing but take orders.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

CHASE IS A COMPANY FOR ROBOTS NOT LEADERS. STAY AWAY IF YOU WANT A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN PROGRESS AND LEAD OTHERS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

I recently left Chase 2 months ago. I was a VP-Branch Manager and can say from my experience that Chase has to be the worst Company to work for. I've worked for several Banks and Chase is by far the worst. They do not want Leaders, but followers who listen and take orders no matter if you have a mind of your own. It is a Company that will use you and toss you a garbage bin when they see that you are no use to them.

I also have worked for Citibank and can tell you Citibank is a Company that makes Chase look very bad when it come to a place to work and progress. A place where you can think on your own and not be told how to talk to your Customers and Employees. Chase thinks they know what they are doing. But, I can say that the Customers and Employees with a brain in their head will be dashing out the door once the economy gets better.

Fortunately for me I've been a top Performer where ever I go. Due to my experience I have built strong sales and service Teams in any market I've worked in. Successful Companies are successful due to their Employees. EMployees that know what they are doing and not told how to do it.

So if you want to work at Chase expect to be a Robot. Every Employee from New York to California will have the same sale phrase in each office. Just go to multiple markets and you will see that the Chase experience will be the same. Look out for you wallet they want it and will push those poor Robts to do whatever it takes to get a piece of it. They have layer upon layer of management micromanaging these poor Robots.

If you want to work for a Company that is innovative, repectful, progressive, etc. DO NOT WORK HERE. Work for Wells, Us Bank, Union Bank and yes even Citibank before working here. I can say it because I've worked all of them. GOOD LUCK!

I highly recommend

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.